Banner by ~ Zero

Into the Melting Pot...

Cirrus.

So what other cartoons and/or shows does MLP  most remind you of?

Captain Planet: (80's cartoon): Their rings with beams/powers that would also unite remind me of the Elements of Harmony

All Dogs Go To Heaven: (Animated Movie): Celestia's appearances in a light orb remind me of how the angel dog would appear.

The Golden Girls (80's Sitcom show with Betty White) My mom used to have this on a lot when I was little. Some of the Mane 6 interactions remind me of this show.

Powerpuff Girls (90's-00's cartoon): HMMMM, I wonder why? lol.

Edited by steve88

Powerpuff Girls: Lauren Faust worked on both and it clearly shows, the girls have similar personality types to some of the mane 6 and several ideas that were once used in Powerpuff Girls were later used in MLP.

Hey Arnold: Hey Arnold is also a show that has a lot of moral lessons to it without being too preachy about it or dumbing them down. Because Hey Arnold also wasn't a "girls show" in addition to being a "kids show" (you got to love double standards) it was also able to tackle a few mature topics that MLP are far less likely to take on.

• Brohoof 1

Powerpuff Girls: Lauren Faust worked on both and it clearly shows, the girls have similar personality types to some of the mane 6 and several ideas that were once used in Powerpuff Girls were later used in MLP.

Hey Arnold: Hey Arnold is also a show that has a lot of moral lessons to it without being too preachy about it or dumbing them down. Because Hey Arnold also wasn't a "girls show" in addition to being a "kids show" (you got to love double standards) it was also able to tackle a few mature topics that MLP are far less likely to take on.

Yeah I liked that show a lot.

My sister used to nanny for my aunt and uncle  a couple years back and would show our cousins this show and watch with them.

She was like "OMG you have to watch Hey Arnold on YouTube! Helga's mom is drunk all the time and is always making 'smoothies."'

This is one of my favorite clips I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ybmu7_Gz4

:lol: I always thought she was just weird and funny when I was a kid!!!!

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...