Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here a casual gamer?

TheJLeeTeam

I was wondering if anyone here is a casual gamer. I'm a casual gamer because although I have an interest in video games I'm not very good at a lot of them. I prefer games with a minimal learning curve and pick up and play kind of games. Some of my favorite games are Tetris, Dr. Mario, PopCap games, Puzzle League, and Tycoon games. My favorite genre is the Tycoon genre because I can easily pick up and play any game from that genre.

I also much prefer colorful, cartooney graphics over realistic, gritty graphics. I also have an obsession over low count polygon graphics, systems like PS1, N64, Saturn, Snes Super FX, and DS. Games with more realistic, gritty graphics just bore me and colorful graphics cheer me up. I mostly play E or E10 rated games, I sometimes play T games, but I don't play M rated games.

I'm also terrible at competitive and online gaming. In fact I don't care much for online gaming. Whenever I try to get better at games it always frustrates me. And playing competitively online is frustrating for me. I'm even terrible at M rated games.

My favorite system last generation was the DS and my favorite system this generation is the 3DS. And home consoles don't really appeal to me as I prefer the portability and accessibility of handhelds. However tablet games don't appeal to me because I prefer games on Nintendo handhelds instead. All of my favorite games are on it including Pokémon, Dr. Mario, Puzzle League, Tetris, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. etc.

So I was wondering if anyone else here is a casual gamer too.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 2

Yup, I'm most definitely a casual gamer. :) My favorite games are the Mario ones (Super Mario Bros games/Mario Kart), but I also like various puzzle games and a smattering of others. I can definitely agree that bright colorful graphics are more appealing than realistic, rather bland ones; thus, more violent games like shooters don't really interest me. I usually play games on my DS or Wii.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not really a casual gamer, but I harbor no ill will towards casuals lol.  Though ponies and forums and such have taken up more of my time than gaming, as of late.  And when I'm not 100%-ing a Mario game or semi-raging through a difficult classic, I might be playing Animal Crossing or the likes of a Harvest Moon game; which I think fall more into the realm of casual.  I've got Diablo III and Monster Hunter digitally now, though, so maybe I'll pick up a controller more often. xD

I spend the majority of my entertainment time playing video games, but I dislike labeling myself as a hard core gamer. I feel like calling myself such would make me seem like an elitist, somebody who only plays "hardcore" games. I'll play just about anything if it's good. I can spend hours upon hours in Skyrim, and I can play Animal Crossing for a few minutes (I haven't checked in in a while, I'm so sorry Isabelle!)

P.s. I prefer colorful and cartoony graphics too. That ain't just for casuals :P

• Brohoof 1

Considering I beat Dark Souls, dying less than a dozen times I would have to say no, I'm not a casual gamer. Until fairly recently I wasn't so interested in online play but then I found out I'm simply better than most people XD

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot about the Bed of Chaos. That was four deaths right there. Under 20 deaths.

Edited by Taviscratch

I spend the majority of my entertainment time playing video games, but I dislike labeling myself as a hard core gamer. I feel like calling myself such would make me seem like an elitist, somebody who only plays "hardcore" games.

I dislike calling myself a hardcore gamer because, to me, that's like saying I'm a hardcore meth addict. >_>

As for the topic, I play them when I feel I have the time, but I don't always have many opportunities and it's sometimes just a few hours. However, there will be times end up playing for many hours if I get a new game or I just really like playing it a lot. I play on a consistent basis, but definitely not all the time.

Overall, I consider myself a gamer, but neither casual nor hardcore.

Edited by Gernia
  • Brohoof 1

I'd consider myself more casual for sure, I've always liked Mario games because they are simple and you know what you are doing. 

I am not very good at those FPS games, probably because I don't play them too much. I do play lots of GTA online, but I feel that is not that "hardcore".

I will be getting Destiny though, so perhaps I will get better and slowly become less casual? We shall see, but right now I am a casual. 

I'm definitely casual. When I play video games, I play them to relax. When a game becomes too stressful I turn it off, possibly never even messing with it again.

And as the years pass I become more and more casual. I think the only new gaming series I have tried since maybe 2005 is Fire Emblem. lol. Otherwise I stick with what I know. I was previously less 'casual' in that regard (but I was always casual in terms of competitiveness). However, ten years ago I had a large shift in interests and video games became something that I talked about much more than I ever played. xD

You could say I am. Possibly.

I was wondering if anyone here is a casual gamer. I'm a casual gamer because although I have an interest in video games I'm not very good at a lot of them. I prefer games with a minimal learning curve and pick up and play kind of games. Some of my favorite games are Tetris, Dr. Mario, PopCap games, Puzzle League, and Tycoon games. My favorite genre is the Tycoon genre because I can easily pick up and play any game from that genre.

I also much prefer colorful, cartooney graphics over realistic, gritty graphics. I also have an obsession over low count polygon graphics, systems like PS1, N64, Saturn, Snes Super FX, and DS. Games with more realistic, gritty graphics just bore me and colorful graphics cheer me up. I mostly play E or E10 rated games, I sometimes play T games, but I don't play M rated games.

I'm also terrible at competitive and online gaming. In fact I don't care much for online gaming. Whenever I try to get better at games it always frustrates me. And playing competitively online is frustrating for me. I'm even terrible at M rated games.

My favorite system last generation was the DS and my favorite system this generation is the 3DS. And home consoles don't really appeal to me as I prefer the portability and accessibility of handhelds. However tablet games don't appeal to me because I prefer games on Nintendo handhelds instead. All of my favorite games are on it including Pokémon, Dr. Mario, Puzzle League, Tetris, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros. etc.

So I was wondering if anyone else here is a casual gamer too.

Which game is your favorite Pokémon game?

I mostly play Pokemon and the occasional fighting or adventure game, so I'm a casual gamer. Not that I can change it; there's only so much one can buy with $20 a month!  :lol:

Which Pokémon game do you like? The best?

Sorta kinda. I can really get into games, like Civ and Chrono Trigger and System Shock 2, but all and all I view it as a small part of my life and it'd be one of the first things I'd drop if I had to stop doing something. Not a huge part of my life and I don't take myself very seriously most of the time playing them. Just for fun :please:

I don't know why, but you seem like a person who should like Pokémon. Do you play it?

Edited by Star Ruby

I am a casual gamer my favorite system as of now and what I play the most is my 3DS it is awesome. I love d the Ds lite the most. I just enjoy portable gaming a lot since you can pretty much take it with you anywhere you go. I play here and there on occasion. 

• Brohoof 1

Eh... I'd say the amount of hours I've logged into videogames over the course of my life is too damn high to be considered a casual gamer sorry to say. :P

But that's okay! These sorts of labels are silly anyway, enjoy the games you want to play the way you want to everyone! ;)

And don't be pressured by the obsessive people like me :blink:

• Brohoof 1

While I enjoy some challenge from time to time overall I consider myself casual gamer. I am far from all those so-called "pros" who aim faster than their shadows move and on top of all I am interested most in story, not in challenges or difficulty level. Of course I still have expactations, for example now I play KOTOR 2 and I am getting bored of being OP because of too many useful skills availible. Literally everyone is going down on one-two hits and it is really ridiculous considering the fact, that I play on "normal" difficulty level. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely not a causal gamer. For one I spend too much time at whatever game I'm currently into, and two, I usually try my very best to play at my best ability and am constantly trying to find ways to improve myself and push to the top. (in competitive online games). However I have to be really interested in it to do so. 

Now if only I can apply this to work and school...

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoy games but I get obsessed with them easily. I've mentioned a few times that I really like JRPGs like Tales games. (Final Fantasy is fine too I just haven't played it in years) I get really into those kinds of stories and they tend to be over 40 hours long so I tend ot pump out alot of hours into games. Not quite A casual gamer I guess lol.

• Brohoof 1