Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane 6 Birthdays?

Homura Akemi

I often wish that the Mane 6 had official birth dates. If this happened, I bet PMVs, artwork, and other media in form of celebration would flood in. I think about this because I have been a fan of Ojamajo Doremi for years, which I often compare the characters to the Mane 6. I'm not a big anime watcher, but I have noticed that magical girls often get their own birthday. So, what if the ponies had their own birthdays?

You could possibly use April 29 as Pinkie Pie's because that is the air date of Party of One. You could use December 10 as Spike's (yes, I'll include him) because that is when Secret of My Excess aired. With that being said, it gets me wondering. It's really all up to one's opinion for this topic. I think:

Rarity: February (No explanation. I kind of just feel it.)

Fluttershy: March (Her love for animals reminds me of the spring.)

Pinkie Pie: April (Already mentioned.)

Rainbow Dash: June/July/August (She seems like a summer personality in my opinion.)

Applejack: October/November (I'd see it be during the autumn season during the harvests. I'd like to see her in October since my birthday is in that month.)

Twilight Sparkle: December (Based on Sweet and Elite being aired on December 3, assuming her party was on the same day as her real birthday.)

Edited by Medley
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: December (Based on Sweet and Elite being aired on December 3, assuming her party was on the same day as her real birthday.)

Her birthday party in that episode took place at night during a garden party. I'd imagine that'd place it in the warmer months, probably a late spring, early summer.

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps Dash is more a summer birthday, more specifically July. I'm not sure why, really... she just has that firework feel.

I DO know Fluttershy once said to Pinkie (I think it was Pinkie) that she was a year older than her... some episode they were discussing that. But I can't remember which.

Her birthday party in that episode took place at night during a garden party. I'd imagine that'd place it in the warmer months, probably a late spring, early summer.

That is true but we are basing it off of our calendar and their seasons are completely off!

Winter Wrap up was in December and then a week later it was the Running of the Leaves! :P

I used to have this BIG calendar full of Pony holidays depending on when certain episodes aired and what the show says!

I'll have to look for it and update it! (Zecora's bday was mentioned and there might be a conflict with Pinkie's Bday!)

• Brohoof 1

This is a valid question to ask... THE CREATORS! ...I think :blush:

Rainbow's definitely sometime in July-August. She's a Leo if you're into the zodiac and personalities based off that.

They might have Zodiac-based birthdays! :huh:

Perhaps Dash is more a summer birthday, more specifically July. I'm not sure why, really... she just has that firework feel. I DO know Fluttershy once said to Pinkie (I think it was Pinkie) that she was a year older than her... some episode they were discussing that. But I can't remember which.

That was in Griffon the Brushoff I believe. As for the birthdays thing, I have no idea, and I think it's fine that way for now. :P Edited by Super Brony Bolt 64

Perhaps Dash is more a summer birthday, more specifically July. I'm not sure why, really... she just has that firework feel.

I DO know Fluttershy once said to Pinkie (I think it was Pinkie) that she was a year older than her... some episode they were discussing that. But I can't remember which.

That was in Griffon the Brushoff I believe. As for the birthdays thing, I have no idea, and I think it's fine that way for now. :P

Here ya go!

I have one problem with you say that Pinkie Pie's birthday is the 29th of April. In A Friend In Deed she says to Cranky that her birthday isn't for another 75 days. Seeing that A Friend In Deed aired on the 18th of Febuary, that would make her birthday the 3rd of May.

I have one problem with you say that Pinkie Pie's birthday is the 29th of April. In A Friend In Deed she says to Cranky that her birthday isn't for another 75 days. Seeing that A Friend In Deed aired on the 18th of Febuary, that would make her birthday the 3rd of May.

I don't think airdates correspond to the date in the show

Fall Weather Friends (the one where Dash and Aj race each other) aired January 28

Applebuck season (apple harvest) aired November 5

There are probably others but I can't remember them.

• Brohoof 1

You could possibly use April 29 as Pinkie Pie's because that is the air date of Party of One.

Heh, that's my birthday too!

I can't even guess when their birthdays can be. Maybe one episode, the creators will actually say the date. They rarley do that though in cartoons, I think.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. :o

I posted this in the 'How old?' thread at the start of the month:

I'm not sure of age exactly, but I think that the Equestrian calendar is the same as ours in terms of length. And the date on which the episode lands in the day it is in Equestria.

My reasoning behind this is due to a line that I heard Pinkie say in 'A Friend in Deed'. She says to Cranky, 'My birthday isn't for another 72 days, silly'. Now, this episode aired on the 18th February. Count on 72 days and you get... the 29th April. And what episode aired on that day last year? 'Party of One', and we all know whose birthday is featured in this episode.

So, if we're saying that the ponies' birthdays fall on the calendar date of the original airing of the episode that their birthday was featured in, then we have two birthdays to add to our calendars.

Pinkie Pie: 29th April

Twilight Sparkle: 3rd December

Just an observation. This tells us nothing about the precise age, but at least we know when to celebrate their birthdays! XD

• Brohoof 1

My reasoning behind this is due to a line that I heard Pinkie say in 'A Friend in Deed'. She says to Cranky, 'My birthday isn't for another 72 days, silly'. Now, this episode aired on the 18th February. Count on 72 days and you get... the 29th April. And what episode aired on that day last year? 'Party of One', and we all know whose birthday is featured in this episode.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xev0qEy6Xcw

So I guess it's 75, not 72.

EDIT: I guess it's still possible that that the creators mistakenly wrote in 75 and didn't double check the numbers, especially seeing that it's so close to indicating the same date (based on the air dates of the episodes), but I think that it's a coincidence that 75 days happened to land a few days off of the air date of 'Party of One'.

Edited by PaxSlayer

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=Xev0qEy6Xcw

EDIT: I guess it's still possible that that the creators mistakenly wrote in 75 and didn't double check the numbers, especially seeing that it's so close to indicating the same date (based on the air dates of the episodes), but I think that it's a coincidence that 75 days happened to land a few days off of the air date of 'Party of One'.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=Xev0qEy6Xcw

Maybe Pinkie Pie has 2 birthdays! :o (Kidding, kidding.) I really doubt official dates will ever bee announced. We can dream, though.

I think it should be noted that in Party of One, there is a two day span in it, and I assume that the producers could have a character's b-day any day of the week after they b-day episode so they could just have repeat b-day episodes, if that makes sense.

RD's b-day in August? I was born in August, that would be so awesome! :wub: Either that or early September is possible, due to it being the wee hours of summer.

• 1 year later...