Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of intelligence do you have?

Phoenix Flair

So basically there's a lot of ideas out there on what intelligence is, how it's measured, and what it means to us. I subscribe to the theory of multiple intelligences proposed by Gardner. Basically he proposes seven types of intelligence, which, briefly, are: linguistic, inter-personal, intra-personal, musical, visual-spatial, bodily-kinesthetic and logical-mathmatical. If you want to know a bit more about what those are, check this website here: http://www.tecweb.org/styles/gardner.html

A person can have ability in all areas but usually specializes in a few specific ones as well. What kind of intelligence do you think you have? Which one do you value more highly, do you specialize in one or more areas? What kind would you like to have?

I probably have the most ability in linguistic intelligence, but probably also spatial, because I'm pretty good at estimating volume or distance (but not numerically). Interpersonal is probably my worst. I don't really understand people in general. :P What about y'all?

Edited by Phoenix Flair
  • Brohoof 1

Your link does not work. But fortunately I took such test before during psychology classes and I remember my score. It was musical intelligence with logical-mathmatical and linguistic being on "2nd place". 

It is pretty suprising as I am far from professional musician and treat music as my hobby (and I don't even have time to play guitar much anymore) and I have no other music-related activities. Linguistic isn't much of suprise though. Since primary school learning english was an easy thing to me and teachers claimed that I did a lot greater progress than the rest of class (even if I still do mistakes). Mathematic.. in school I always had problems with it due to having bad luck with teachers since secondary school, but outside... it was not that hard anymore. I even got A during my engineering studies and that was quite an achievement considering we had very... demanding teacher. 

• Brohoof 1

(Note to OP: link didn't work until I removed the "." at the end of the URL.)

"Linguistic - using words effectively. These learners have highly developed auditory skills and often think in words. They like reading, playing word games, making up poetry or stories. They can be taught by encouraging them to say and see words, read books together. Tools include computers, games, multimedia, books, tape recorders, and lecture."

^ Yeah this more or less sounds like me.  Words are essentially all I have.  The only tools at my disposal that, when utilized, feel...  Right.  That I can wield at all effectively.  It's probably also the type of intelligence that I most admire, so goodie. xD  Sounds like I might possess a touch of some of the others, but not to a degree that even warrants naming them lol.  I think I'm probably mostly stupid. :P  Improved visual / spatial might be nice to have - or musical.  I've enough rhythm to keep time or succeed at DDR, but I'm basically a musical idiot.

Despite my dabbling in mathematical areas, i actually fall under the visual-spatial category more. If i had to describe the way my mind works, i'd have to say it's like having series of images. Kind of a different parallel from the usual 'inner-voice-inside-my-head', maybe.

I have a lot more experience in imagining the way something SHOULD appear than to logically reach that conclusion. I don't have a photographic memory, but i obtain a lot of information through my eyes. I rarely miss things when i see them, and can usually describe things in great detail when i need to. That being said, i find it harder to word my opinion when i talk because of how poorly i structure my sentences on the fly. 

I'd say Interpersonal or Visual-Spacial. I mostly don't think about what other people care about / think about / whatever and more or less care and think about myself. I'm not that good at self-analysis, but I do know what my interests and goals are and tend to firmly control them. I really don't let something become a goal/interest without deep thought. I also daydream a hella lot and mostly think in pictures, so Visual-Spacial might work.

Edited by Shift

We talk about the theory of multiple intelligences all the time in the teaching world! :D It's something that's taken pretty seriously. The link you provided is missing the eighth intelligence though: "naturalistic intelligence."

post-27261-0-89280200-1410030284_thumb.jpg

I score very high in linguistic intelligence and intrapersonal intelligence. I'm low when it comes to logical/mathematical and interpersonal. Everything else is just kinda in the middle.

• Brohoof 2

I am absolutely PERFECT in all of them. 

Ok, if I had to choose one, I would go for Logical-Mathematical.

Now, after having read the article mentioned by the OP, it appears that intrapersonal means "understanding my own interests, goals", and "they have wisdom, intuition and motivation" (quoting the article)

So, I don't know, since I have  A LOT of wisdom (and modesty), I guess I could go for that one too.

Well I'm definitely high in: Intrapersonal and Linguistic intelligence! :)

I also tend to daydream and draw a lot so Visual-Spatial would be in the middle for me along with Musical and Interpersonal.  

The rest would be kinda low. :P

Edited by LazuriteDreams*

I'm gonna be fully honest and i actually have multiple ones.   They are:

- Visual-Spatial

- Bodily-kinesthetic

- Musical

- Interpersonal

- Linguistic

- Visuals

- Sound

I wish i can invent a "new" type/kind of intelligence. 

Definitely me.

Bodily-kinesthetic - use the body effectively, like a dancer or a surgeon. Keen sense of body awareness. They like movement, making things, touching. They communicate well through body language and be taught through physical activity, hands-on learning, acting out, role playing. Tools include equipment and real objects.

I'll go ahead and drop this right here.

Ok, basically I am Logical-Mathematical and Intrapersonal. Obviously as measuring intelligence with any definitive certainty has long eluded psychologists, I take these tests with a healthy dose of skepticism.

• Brohoof 1

Mine is likely musical / logical-mathematical.

I do better work, faster, when I have music in the background.

If it's something I know the lyrics to and start singing, I can do a great job of what I'm doing at breakneck speeds, and not even remember doing most of it.

It just sort of flows out of me, like my body knows what needs to be done, even though my mind is completely distracted.

I try to be linguistic when I speak, and it sometimes requires a long silence before I properly articulate my thoughts.