Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who here owns Disney Infinity, and what are your thoughts on it?

Geek0zoid

A few days ago, I bought Disney Infinity on my Wii U, and so far... eh. It's alright. It's a decent enough game, and it lets you play the game in almost any fashion you see fit. Well, build the game in any way you see fit, that is.

Though, I'm going to take a page out of Jim Sterling's book. This is a form of what I consider "Fee-to-Pay" gaming; the art of having a consumer spend sixty dollars on a game, but yet still have them spend excessive amounts of money for more in-game content. It's an underhanded, disgusting practice to me. Fee-to-Pay has different forms, and Disney Infinity's figurine mechanic is just another model of Fee-to-Pay.

But, anyways, I'm probably the minority of the forums that actually owns Disney Infinity. Does anyone else here have it? If so, what do you think of it.

(To those curious, here's my collection of characters so far)

Starter Kit (Sully, Mr.Incredible, Jack Sparrow)

Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

I got the game a couple days ago, so my collection is pretty small...

post-18066-0-00112900-1410047501_thumb.jpg

:3 Jack Skellington is best Disney character

post-18066-0-00112900-1410047501_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geek0zoid
  • Brohoof 2

I don't own it myself, but My friend does.

Not a big fan. Didn't feel like there was all that much to do, as the adventures the game comes with can't be played co-op for some reason.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have it now, however, I do plan on getting the Marvel Expansion of it, b/c it has Venom as a playable character, :D.  However, the current one, I don't like, thus went with Skylanders instead. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't have it now, however, I do plan on getting the Marvel Expansion of it, b/c it has Venom as a playable character, :D.  However, the current one, I don't like, thus went with Skylanders instead. 

I just got this because I plan to do a video on DI at some point :P

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...
(edited)

I do enjoy a good Disney game, this one will have me spending a lot on it though. I might get it but I might need to do more research into it first. Definitely on the list of games I want to check out though, for sure.

Questions

Are you enjoying the game still?

How much does it have to offer, can you compare scale to any other game?

How are the gameplay mechanics?  

Edited by Sky Knight
  • Brohoof 1