Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes a true brony..........?

Lelek

I don't know what makes a person a true brony. Watching MLP or liking it may make yourself a brony but what is a true brony? I mean what does true brony do? How do he/she get to call him/herself a true brony?

I just recently started watching MLP FIM few months ago and this is my first thread, so please be nice <3

I don't know if this is a repetition thread or had been posted, sorry if I accidently post it again.....

Here have an applechu

• Brohoof 3

I think there is not such thing as true brony. I think everyone who likes the show can consider themselves a brony if they want to. And even if they like the show doesn't mean they are forced being a brony. It is everyones own decision and I think it's good to be that way. 

There are many kinds of bronies. Some bronies want to keep their bronydom secret, but that doesn't make them less brony. Some bronies want to go in conventions and interact with other bronies, but I don't think that makes them anyway better or worse than bronies who don't go to the conventions.

You can also buy pony merchandise if you want, but in the end only your heart decides what kind of brony you are. No one can come and say to you "You are not true brony."

• Brohoof 7

I don't think there is such a thing as a true brony.

We choose whatever we want to be. Why do we have to label ourselves with these things?

If you like the show and identify with it, then so be it. If you ate the show and resist, so be it.

Why should you have to stereotype yourself, and call yourself a "true" brony? 

• Brohoof 2

I don't think there is such a thing as a true brony.

We choose whatever we want to be. Why do we have to label ourselves with these things?

If you like the show and identify with it, then so be it. If you ate the show and resist, so be it.

Why should you have to stereotype yourself, and call yourself a "true" brony? 

sorry if I'm being rude (which in this case, I probably am) but I just thought there's a difference between those who just watch MLP FIM and liked it, and those who watch MLP FIM, liked it, savour it, remembers every letter to Princess Celestia, knows the background ponies, follow latest PMV's, makes pony art and dedicated to buying all those merch and things. 

There must a difference between that very dedicated to heart bronies and the 'I like the show' bronies...........

(I said please be nice <3  :( )

• Brohoof 2

sorry if I'm being rude (which in this case, I probably am) but I just thought there's a difference between those who just watch MLP FIM and liked it, and those who watch MLP FIM, liked it, savour it, remembers every letter to Princess Celestia, knows the background ponies, follow latest PMV's, makes pony art and dedicated to buying all those merch and things. 

There must a difference between that very dedicated to heart bronies and the 'I like the show' bronies...........

Of course there is a difference, but there's not such thing as a "true" and a "false" brony, there are just bronies more dedicated to the show than others

• Brohoof 4

It's all out of personal preference, whether someone wants to be considered a brony. I will call myself a fan of mystery and ace attorney before being called brony.

Nothing against being called a brony, of course.

Also, It sorta depends on some type of level. Like if you have many figurines, accessories, and clothing, odds are that the first impression will be, you are a brony, naturally. B)

A brony is someone who enjoys the show MLP: FiM. It doesn't mean anything else if you think of the show every day, if you're a casual watcher or if you clop. So no, there's no such thing as a "true" brony.

Also, that picture on the OP looks creepy. Pikachus with moustaches always rubbed me the wrong way, for some reason. -3-

• Brohoof 1

By declaring to the whole world that it is your dire mission to convert every human to become a brony. By starting a brony religion in another land and train an army of bronies to take over the world.... 

:eww:

post-6246-0-94681900-1410100417_thumb.png

:derp:

Silly I just like the show for what it is... nothing more and nothing less I could honestly careless about the fandom itself.

• Brohoof 1

I meant to no intention to be rude. Maybe I was a tad blunt, sorry...  :blush:

Anyway... Although there is a difference between people who like the show, and people like you described (Me!). I think asking this question can only end in people feeling rejected from the "True Bronies". Because they are not as addicted as I or many people are.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, no... Not this "No true ___" nonsense.

You are a Brony if and ONLY IF you identify yourself as one. Plain and simple. There are no 'real' Bronies. lol. Only Bronies.

• Brohoof 2

This is one of the few topics that is pretty black and white for me. Age, gender, background, the level of dedication, the contribution to the fandom, amount of merch, preference of medium (comics vs show), or even generation, etc. do not matter. If you like MLP and you self identify as a Brony ... you are one. There isn't a range here and no one is a better Brony just because of an arbitrary variable like having an encyclopaedic knowledge of the show.

• Brohoof 2

Those are you a real fan claims are stupid, just enjoy the show and that's it. there's no need to go to the extremes and try to cover every person to the fandom nor fill your room with an insane amount of merchandise 

Haha, Applechu...

On another flip note, I think that to be a true brony is to really devote yourself to the show.

I believe there are different types of bronies, like there are different types of people in other fandoms as well. Casual bronies, hardcore bronies, anti-bronies, furry bronies, anime bronies, brony brony...lol

Everbody is classified as a brony if they devote themselves to the show or it's fanbase...but that's my opinion, anyway.  :derp:

Edited by teacup-bunnies23