Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you see Rarity as somepony that would dye her mane?

Azureth

Rarity is all about fashion, looking good (all she excels at), and trying new styles and such.

We know from PVC that there IS stuff they can use to dye their mane a different color if they so wished.

So do you think Rarity would ever be one to dye her mane? If so, what would she dye it?

Considering Rarity wears fake eye lashes, I wouldn't put it past her...  :toldya: 

I just can't see Rarity with any other mane color than purple. It wouldn't look right. ( Unless maybe she changed her hair do. )

Oh, and that's implying she isn't already dying her mane purple, amirite?  ;)

• Brohoof 2

Not really sure about that. She's the kind of girl that would do anything to accentuate her natural mane color. If the color is not something that is considered 'in', by gods she would break a leg to convince everypony that her mane color is the best there is.

• Brohoof 1

Considering Rarity wears fake eye lashes, I wouldn't put it past her...  :toldya: 

I just can't see Rarity with any other mane color than purple. It wouldn't look right. ( Unless maybe she changed her hair do. )

Oh, and that's implying she isn't already dying her mane purple, amirite?  ;)

Because clearly, parents in Equestria dye the mane of their fillies all the time... :fiery:

raritys_destiny_by_wolf20-d3fa0ba.gif

• Brohoof 2

I could see her doing it, but only in a way that accentuates her natural color. I can't see her completely changing it; TBH.

Well, we've seen that she wears fake eyelashes, but it seems she does that because she feels her natural ones are not adequate. Evidently, since she hasn't changed her mane colour since she was a filly, she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

I could, however, see her starting to dye her mane the second she finds a grey hair in it.

• 11 months later...

In Ponyville Confidential, it was revealed that Fluttershy had tail extensions.  That did surprise me -she doesn't seem the type.  In Boast Busters, Trixie turned Rarity's hair green.  I wouldn't be surprised if she dyed it back.  Also, as several others have pointed out, when she starts going grey, I would be surprised if she doesn't dye her mane.

I could see her doing it to go with whatever the in style is. I think she would be hard pressed to find a colour that so perfectly accents her fur colour though, which may be why she hasn't changed it. Of course it's the mane colour she's always had, but I think the fact that her white fur just goes so well with her purple mane has more to do with why she's kept it the same for so long.