Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it me or the show has been getting more serious?

RainbowMau

(edited)

It is definitely matured as a show. Episodes such as 'Tanks for the Memories' and 'Amending Fences' proves this. This is most likely because of the way the lesson and moral is handed over, and the way the ponies complete their goal. For example, in 'Tanks for the Memories', it deals with the rather serious topic of grief. Now, it doesn't directly call it grief, nor does a character die, but the concept of grief was there, and Rainbow ended up finally accepting what Tank needs to do This shows development in the lesson and morals of the show. In 'Amending Fences' it shows how more mature the character of Twilight has got, which shows not only development in the story and lesson itself, but the characters involved, which is something which makes this show such a strong one. There has been other clear evidence of development and maturity in the show, but here are two separate angles which I thought were good. Story/lesson development and maturity and character maturity.

Edited by Thunderlane
  • Brohoof 2

It has matured to an extent, but the show is more of less still a slice of life comedy at heart. Frankly it is a good thing the tone has shifted somewhat as otherwise the show would become stale.

• Brohoof 1

It makes sense to me, you try and shift with your audience as they grow, yeah?

What I mean is FIM is 5 years old now. You get a kid who starts watching at 4, they're 9 now. You want the show to be a little more mature to try and keep their attention without alienating new viewers.

Kind of like how transformers beast wars got more serious as the show went on.

• Brohoof 1

This show is going in the direction as most shows. First seasons about creativity to capture and accumulate an audience then the next stage is to make seasons that act as aadvertisement for new toys

I think "Maturing" would be a more apt term. The humor is still there, however it is different than the rather slapstick zany stuff from season one. Frankly the show is better for it.

Either because they're acknowledging us bronies, the target audience since S1 has grown up, or both  :P . But true, FiM is notably more mature than it used to be