Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where were you when 9/11 happened?

Moved to Elsewhere

I was at school I think... I dont really remember but I think I was in year 3... I can barely remember my mother being shocked about something happening somewhere far away but I didn't really understand (or care) at the time (I was seven... We were moving house... All I cared about at the time was getting a new room!) that and my parents didn't really tell me much... It was only when I was in high school that I actually learned more about it

• 1 month later...

I was with my mom and my siblings. We were coming home from the grocery store, and we heard about it on the radio. 

I kind of understood what was going on, but being a kid, I didn't comprehend the tragedy and the fact that so many people died/were injured. 

I think my mom kept tabs on what was going on after we got home, but I don't remember hearing much more about it after we got home. I think my mom kept us away from the details so we wouldn't get scared. 

• Brohoof 1

My mum was taking me to school(I was late) there was something going on in the office and a lot of the staff looked shocked or mortified.  On my way to class, the same thing was going on in every classroom that I passed.  To put it lightly, it was a very strange and confusing walk to class that morning.

• 3 months later...

uh, what time did it happen?

i was either sleeping, getting ready for school, taking a poo in the toilet, or sitting in class.

all i remember was a bunch of people were making a big deal out of something that didn't happen to them, and then we all had to read the newspaper in class.

What do you mean "making a big deal out of something that didn't happen to them"? So you're saying nobody should pay attention to it just because it didn't happen to them?

I was in kindergarten. I think it might have been my first day of school actually. I remember all our parents were there and everyone was freaking out. I didn't know what was going on at the time.

In a small electrical shop with my dad, when I was 5 years old. They had a TV mounted on the wall. Dad said he thought it was a disaster movie.

I was at home, doing my homework. I was just starting the 6th grade and my mom was calling me, saying that something happend. She thought at first that some kind of castastrophe movie was on TV, but it was actually reality.

At that time i was in school and i can't remember much of it. I was also small back then and i didn't think much of it but i did get scared. The day went on normally, it's only when i got home did i see the attacks all over the news and my parents told me of the terrorist attacks and plane crashes. It was on the news for a few days, it's truly frightening and scary. R.I.P to the people that died.

I was in fifth grade, eleven years old. Strangely enough, I was sick that day, so I didn't go to school. I was in the middle of flipping channels on the living room TV, when my dad (who was a Marine at the time, stationed at Quantico Base in Virginia) returned home after he had just left for work less than two hours prior. He sat down beside me and instantly flipped to the news, which by that time, was reporting on the Pentagon being hit. 

I asked him, “Dad, when did this happen?” 

He answered, “Twenty minutes ago.” 

And then shortly after that, they reported on the South Tower collapsing. It was pretty terrifying stuff. 

The following Saturday after the attacks, my family drove out to see the Pentagon. We could only get so close, but we eventually reached a spot where we could clearly see the damage. And that was when I realized just how real it all was.