Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is there so much insolence!

Soldier Surplus

I'm not seeing any change from the people of the interwebs. Grrrr... INSOLENCE!......sorry about that, anyway, the internet only increases my anger towards humanity. Hating on people who like a show, MY GOD sue them! There have been some streams of light from this hopeless wasteland that is the internet. What do you think about those types of people who discriminate like that.

Until then, Keep calm and...post-28682-0-56026000-1410484176_thumb.png  

A lot of the haters are very annoying. Some will search for MLP related content and talk bad about it and stuff like that. We are entitled to our opinions, yes. However, I don't go to pro gun places and talk bad about guns or go to hunting places and talk bad about hunting. If you hate something, shut up about it. 

It's the internet, where people can be a total ass anonymously without any sort of penalty. And even in the outside world, people will still be an ass just because they can.

Discrimination will always be a problem no matter where you are or what media you use. Internet just makes it faster and expose you to more discrimination.

• Brohoof 4

It's a simple equation, really~

People who sit around taking their aggression out on others are unhappy people who are not happy with themselves. 

Psychologically speaking, people view others the way they view themselves. 

People see in others, what they see in themselves. 

All you can really do, is just wish them well and be on your way~

• Brohoof 2

It's funny. The internet is all about being anonymous; proving that anonimity is the greatest thing to ever be had. Yet, when everyone becomes anonymous, they do horrible, stupid shit. Basically, they prove themselves wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm... You know I've had it out with soooo many drama kings and queens on the net. Objecting to most everything I have an opinion on or like.

I will name them off then make a statement in the end.

1. I'm very conservative in my views

2. I'm Christian

3. I have been involved with the Tea Party

4. I'm plus sized

5. I tend to be out spoken at times.

6. I'm a gun owner

I had been shouted down on Facebook and twitter. And have learned, talking to others with respect earns respect. Being a jerk is just being self centered. So I now don't take things personal anymore, and look past differences to get to know the people I'm talking too. Maybe we can teach each other more about compassion by acting compassionate to others.

Now about those that decide to be jerks, ignore them. As they are so stuck in their ways they can't see past their own nose. It isn't worth the time to stress over them. And besides it gives you grey hairs, lol.

There have been some streams of light from this hopeless wasteland that is the internet. What do you think about those types of people who discriminate like that.

The oft-miserable denizens of the internet hate just about everything lol.  The internet is an easy-to-use and efficient tool for spreading negativity.  And negativity is also an effective attention-grab.  But hopefully this place qualifies as a "stream of light."  If said streams do indeed exist, the internet is not entirely without hope.

• Brohoof 2

You get all kinds of types on the internet.

And for the record, I thought that MLP was ridiculous before I got into it.

I'd say that the reason that a lot more people talk crap on the internet is because there won't be any repercussions for being a jerk to others strangely enough. And well, sometimes it seems to just be another bandwagon to hate on bronies.

• Brohoof 2

its funny how anonymity brings forth the worst things in people.

i bet the same people who hate on others for no apparent reason wouldnt even dare to insult someone for their hobby in real-life.

(unless they are in a group, of course)

• Brohoof 2

I think that a lot of it has to do with the sort of communities you're involved with and the places on the internet you go. I'd say a good portion of YouTube comments are jerks. However, there are certain channels with some great viewers and you can get into some very pleasant conversations with them. Facebook is highly dependent on the pages you like. Some of them are great. Some of them are breeding grounds for trolls. Here on MLP Forums, while I've gotten into some heated arguments in the debate pit, I've never felt like anyone was an insolent asshole; just that they have an opinion very opposed to mine. I've never felt alienated on this forum. However, I remember being on several other community forums (not MLP related, and this was also a number of years ago) where the people were just awful and I hated being there. In fact, I don't know why I stayed on some of them as long as I did.

To me, it's a lot a matter of picking your locations, where you hang out and what you do online. Will you get the odd asshat here and there? Sure. But it's better to be part of a community where those kind of people are trounced by everyone else than where everyone else joins in.

It's a varying issue. I feel saying this would be MASSIVELY hypocritical being a former hater myself but It really comes down to two simple questions

Do you hate the show? 
If yes do you harass and actively seek out viewers to troll?

If yes you're an obnoxious ass.

If no and you keep your hate to yourself good for you.

Many fandom members aren't innocent in this either taking ponies to places were they're clearly not wanted and being overly obnoxious about their love of the show. It's ok to love something but forcing your likes and opinions down someones throat will have consequences.

• Brohoof 3

Like so many others here have said, so long as the Internet's a convenient place to post your opinions freely without any consequence, there will always be irrational hatred toward anyone and everyone, Bronies included!

It's funny. The internet is all about being anonymous; proving that anonimity is the greatest thing to ever be had. Yet, when everyone becomes anonymous, they do horrible, stupid shit. Basically, they prove themselves wrong.

This is from a movie, " If everyone's special, no one is." (props to whoever gets that reference) therefor if everyone is anonymous, no one will be hidden. making everyone have a profile makes them non-anonymous.