Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for background help

Flash Fire

I honestly think the background looks fine for the style it seems you're going for. I personally like it. 

If you're maybe seeing it as too basic, you might want to try giving the trunks of the trees a tiny bit of detail though.

I honestly think the background looks fine for the style it seems you're going for. I personally like it. 

If you're maybe seeing it as too basic, you might want to try giving the trunks of the trees a tiny bit of detail though.

Yep, planned on it. Just didn't want to do any fine detail or shading until I knew if anything was changing. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i really like it!  great proportions, atmosphere and technique~ but since youre seeking critique....hmm...

composition mostly :)  you never want your subject matter in the dead center.....(and shes technically not, shes a little lower...)but if you want to add interest,  just crop it a little, so shes nearer the bottom right corner.. but move your moon to the left side.  the pathway behind her is an "implied line" its pointing away from your figure, but the trees block it.. so your eye follows to nothing.  you want your eyes to roam around the page and gather the story.  the moon is your second "main character" or subject matter here, so by moving it to the left at least your eyes will travel to it.  also its the brightest thing on the page so your eyes automatically pick it out first, but theres no leading from there.  even your batpony is looking  diagonally to the left...

• Brohoof 1