Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies Swarming Movie Theaters For MLP Movie

GXPBlast

Saw this video and though it was interesting. This lady brings her little sister to the first MLP Equestria Girls movie to find out instead of young children and their parents being the majority in the theater, it is packed with bronies. Goes to show how MLP's audience is largely bronies.

Since I am pretty much a closet bronies with my family and inside college since I already established myself as somebody who is not a brony (would be kind of hypocritical to come out as one now at college at least and it would be embarrassing) I am thinking out going to my local theater if Equestria Girls plays just of meet bronies and be more open as one since its nobody I know from college or family.

Back on the topic of the video, anyone who has seen the Equestria Girls movie in theaters personally, was it packed with mainly bronies with was less young kids?

Also for those who plans on seeing the second movie, do you think since it has been a year and the brony fandom has grown, do you think there will be even more bronies in the theaters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgljmmbIuo

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 3

I havent seen the first EQ Girls movies their stick bodies kinda rub me the wrong way, but I have heard that there were a lot of bronies there.

Considering that the brony community has been growing they may flood the next one too. I will be going to see that one though. I want the public brony movie experience :yay: .

• Brohoof 3

Considering that the brony community has been growing they may flood the next one too. I will be going to see that one though. I want the public brony movie experience :yay: .

Its also a great way to meet fellow bronies.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 2

I'll let you in on a secret, I hadn't watched the first episode of MLP before seeing equestria girls, because I thought equestria girls was the worst thing in the world so I wanted to watch it with my brother who was already a brony. I sat. I watched. I died a little inside and regretted watching this movie even if it was just to mock it. A couple of weeks later I was sitting there watching Doctor Who with my brother, and at the season 2 Finale I rage quit the show and said "I hate Rose, can we not watch it anymore! My Little Pony was better than this!" So we started watching My little pony. So If anyone else is like me then yeah, it's probably going to continue to grow until it stagnates at around 60% of the world. Not that I would want to see Rainbow Rocks in theatres, I'm probably not going to watch it at all in fact...

• Brohoof 2

I saw the first Equestria Girls movie in theaters, and it was packed full of bronies. There was the occasional child, but the majority of the people there were "bronies". 

Those parents must have been frightened lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

With any fandom, I think it's inevitable that it will continue to grow, but honestly, unless it is an organised Brony venue specifically for bronies, I don't think it's completely right for bronies to clog up cinema screenings where there are many young children who want to see the films as well. Bronies are entitled to see the films, but they can be organised to see them in different formats and different venues. I think it's only right that we give priority to the young fans who are unable to organise and pay cinema tickets themselves. The show is made for them after all, and there are other alternatives to seeing the films that bronies can find that small children just wouldn't be able to.

• Brohoof 1

I saw EQG on the second day it was playing. While it was mostly Bronies who were there, it was probably two dozen people in the theater at best. 

Has our fandom grown. Most likely. We got a thousand more people at Bronycon then last year. I doubt all of them were just coming out of the stable. 

With any fandom, I think it's inevitable that it will continue to grow, but honestly, unless it is an organised Brony venue specifically for bronies, I don't think it's completely right for bronies to clog up cinema screenings where there are many young children who want to see the films as well. Bronies are entitled to see the films, but they can be organised to see them in different formats and different venues. I think it's only right that we give priority to the young fans who are unable to organise and pay cinema tickets themselves. The show is made for them after all, and there are other alternatives to seeing the films that bronies can find that small children just wouldn't be able to.

While that's noble and all, theaters don't give a damn. Money is money. Besides, I highly doubt showings across the nation will be sold out come the 27th-28th.  There is plenty of room in theaters for us to peacefully coexist with the target demographic. 

• Brohoof 2

That is nice.

I wonder how it'd feel if you were a closet brony buying a ticket and like a bunch of other bronies swarm you cause you're watching it too oWo.

I have never seen so many men around the same ages inside one theater before.

I can understand not wanting your child surrounded by middle aged men when taking her to a movie that is traditionally seen as media for children. But then again, it is a free market, so as long as they pay they are allowed.

And it would be great to be a more apprehensive brony, and be in fear of sitting in a theater viewing a children's movie only to see large sums of fans flooding it the night of the premier. 

• Brohoof 2

I wonder how it'd feel if you were a closet brony buying a ticket and like a bunch of other bronies swarm you cause you're watching it too oWo.

Being a relatively closet brony I would be very nervous if that happened although it's really the only way to be other bronies outside of school as I remain closeted there and I don't plan going to meetups after looking at the bronies that participate in the meetups in my area. Let's just say most of them fit the cringeworthy stereotype that many of us don't want to associate with.

Edited by GXPBlast

Saw this video and though it was interesting. This lady brings her little sister to the first MLP Equestria Girls movie to find out instead of young children and their parents being the majority in the theater, it is packed with bronies. Goes to show how MLP's audience is largely bronies.

Since I am pretty much a closet bronies with my family and inside college since I already established myself as somebody who is not a brony (would be kind of hypocritical to come out as one now at college at least and it would be embarrassing) I am thinking out going to my local theater if Equestria Girls plays just of meet bronies and be more open as one since its nobody I know from college or family.

Back on the topic of the video, anyone who has seen the Equestria Girls movie in theaters personally, was it packed with mainly bronies with was less young kids?

Also for those who plans on seeing the second movie, do you think since it has been a year and the brony fandom has grown, do you think there will be even more bronies in the theaters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgljmmbIuo

who made the video?? were is it?? how did they get to see it in cinemas????:

I'm not sure my theater even plays those movies but I have to say I'm not surprised by the turnouts. Bronies are everywhere lately. I mean, I myself have never met one IRL, but I'm still capable of realizing that everyday I just might be walking by someone who's a brony. They're everywhere wether you realize it or not. The movie theater is just a great place for all those people you casually walk by and don't recognize to gather around at. You're just seeing the true numbers of how many people are in the fandom. It's pretty awesome isn't it?

Not really a theater-goer myself lol, but this kind of stuff is still cool to hear about. :D

Imagine the turnout for a non-EqG MLP movie though... it'd be even greater I imagine, hell even I might go to the theater for once for that! ;)

• Brohoof 1

Excellent.

First we will take their theaters, and then their capitals...

I mean...

I didn't see the first Equestria Girls in theaters and I likely won't see this one in theaters either, but good on Bronies who swarm the places and let people know that us weirdos awesome people exist.

• Brohoof 1

After offically becoming a Brony back in mid-April 2013, I of course saw the trailers for the first Equestria Girls movie. The 2nd trailer (the one that shows that Twilight had to get her crown back) was the one that convinced me to see it

Of course being an early bird, I got to the theater first in late June 2013. Back then, I still was wondering if the fan base was as big as the internet made it out to be. Really, I wasn't expect a full theater. By the time the box office opened, the whole courtyard was filled with Bronies and even some young girls with their parents. It was a pleasant surprise.

If there was anyone hating on something during the viewing of EG1, they were polite enough not to go into "rage". If anything, there was a lot of laughter from the funny moments throughout. I seem to recall a huge roar of laughter after Pinkie Pie's "hunch" near the 3rd act start of the film. Oh yes, and sticking around until of the end credits, I heard the Bronies cheer when 

post-15772-0-43295000-1410795742_thumb.pngHuman Derpy appeared dancing while holding a muffin.

I quite enjoyed it, despite not expecting much.

And of course, I will see Equestria Girls 2: Rainbow Rocks soon. Maybe it will be better than the first; Maybe it will be worst than the first; Either way, I'm going down there to meet fellow Bronies and have a good time.

• Brohoof 2

I have been a Brony for over 3 months now, I have seen the first one on Blu-Ray and when Rainbow Rocks comes out I want to go to the cinema to see it. It would be cool if there were loads of Bronies there too.

By the way, Rainbow Rocks November 16th in the UK YAY.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3529198/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf+

Edited by SystemError514.
  • Brohoof 1

I can't watch the video right now, but for now I'm curious about the mother's reaction, as well as whether the theatre was packed more with male bronies or a proper mix of us.

As far as the next film goes, we'll swarm it, and to ask us not to would be kind of ridiculous. I mean, imagine if this was any other fandom, imagine if you went to a pokemon forum and said "I know you're excited but you shouldn't buy OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire right away because that will make it harder for the little kids the games are meant for to get copies."

What's important is that, while we have a right to enjoy the movie, we shouldn't ruin the experience for anyone, be they child, parent, or fellow brony. Be polite, be quiet during the screening, and if anyone asks, just say you're a fan of a well-written, highly enjoyable show, and there are a lot of other people (read: not just guys!) who feel the same way.

• Brohoof 1

Ahhhh yes, I remember seeing Equestria Girls last year at my local movie theater. I went with my mom, younger brother, and cousin. Being 19 years old at the time, my family had already grown accustomed to me watching MLP and they were all positive about it.

I actually had to go the movie theater twice in order to catch the film. We went the 1st day EQG came out and man is was like a mini bronycon when we got there. The entire venue was sold out, so we had to try again at a later date.

I don't remember the parents or little kids giving me any strange looks or anything. In fact, I think they liked it because I kept hearing all the kids saying that I had a really cool shirt :D

• Brohoof 1

A: Eh, call me when there's a canon movie, I don't mind EQG at all, it's entertaining and a good way to get into things while inbetween seasons, but I'm not hyped enough to go to the theaters.

B: I live in Vermont; that kinda shit never gets this far x) The first EQG never came to my theaters, doubt this one will either.