Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies Swarming Movie Theaters For MLP Movie

GXPBlast

With any fandom, I think it's inevitable that it will continue to grow, but honestly, unless it is an organised Brony venue specifically for bronies, I don't think it's completely right for bronies to clog up cinema screenings where there are many young children who want to see the films as well. Bronies are entitled to see the films, but they can be organised to see them in different formats and different venues. I think it's only right that we give priority to the young fans who are unable to organise and pay cinema tickets themselves. The show is made for them after all, and there are other alternatives to seeing the films that bronies can find that small children just wouldn't be able to.

As a former employee and manager of a movie theater back in the mid to late 90's -  I want to just tackle this from the business perspective. The exhibitors want the seats filled. Exhibitor relations wants the seats filled. The distributor wants the seats filled. The studio wants the seats filled. The business that are part of the theater anchor system want the seats filled. The per cap component to theater profit wants the seats filled. I don't understand why you want a movie to make less money. This is not a wide release and showing will be limited, also how does one not organize but at at the same time organize not to show up when parents are with the target audience?

To your other point, the screen ratio of this film is low. This is what that means in practice. I live be three large cineplexes. each is between 4 and 11 miles from my house. One is is large enough to be an IMAX. Guess how many are showing Rainbow Rocks? None. I have to drive 45 miles to see it on the 27th. That is pretty typical for a limited release.

Finally, looking at the data I really don't think that all daily showings will sell out. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I wont be able to go see the movie as its not playing in any local theaters near me and I dont feel like going all the way to the city just to see it. I was really going to the movie as a way to meet bronies than anything else, but it looks like that is not going to happen :(

Gotta modify my post a little ... Carmike Rave 16 in Viera, FL is not that far from me and they weren't on the list until earlier in the week. Tix bought a few days so should anyone see a thin guy wearing a Philadelphia Eagles cap with two teens in tow ... you just saw a Jeric in the wild.

:D

Haha,

I remember last year when the movie was in theatres. A bunch of us B.C. Bronies went and when we where sitting down waiting for the movie to play, a family walks in and they look so confused. It was so hilarious XD

Even just entering the cinema, this girl is like "look momy! They have pony shirts!" And the mom was all like DA FUK!?!?

Found another video on bronies storming movie theaters, this time its a bit cringe worthy. I believe one of the top comments of the video before they were disabled was from other bronies saying why videos like those fuel the haters. You will see why but in general they had a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj9EQ6ZYOYM

Oh gosh that happens to be the meetup group I happen to support. I wasn't with the group at that time, because I happened to go to a different theater than the rest of the group, but it seems like it is right after the Rainbow Rocks movie on Saturday. I seriously could have been in this video if I was with them.

Found another video on bronies storming movie theaters, this time its a bit cringe worthy. I believe one of the top comments of the video before they were disabled was from other bronies saying why videos like those fuel the haters. You will see why but in general they had a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj9EQ6ZYOYM

Nothing cringe worthy in that one at all. I know I would have been singing right along with all of them. Looked like good times.

Oh my god, I was just reminded of the one made-up /mlp/ story where a theater was crowded with bronies. I won't go into details, but being 4chan, you can probably guess what the story was, especially if you've seen Pony Thread Simulators. 

On topic, though, I can only imagine how uncomfortable mothers/fathers and their child/children were.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

If you think Equestria Girls was crazy with brony swarming just wait until the official MLP comes out in the next few years. Some theaters might have to have multiple showings at the same time just to fit all the bronies lol.

Edited by GXPBlast

When the MLP Movies (not equestria girls) arrives in theaters, it will be mini-bronycons all over the country.

It would be great if there was a midnight showing, so bronies can go see it before the general crowd. I mean, this will be a full theatrical realease right? Its not a direct to TV with limited theatrical showings like the Equestria girls movies were.

• Brohoof 1

I heard of that but we don't know what that will entail. Perhaps it will be a proper pony film or it will be My Little Pony: Equestria Girls 3. What I've been hearing is very vague. I assume the latter.

Judging by the way the EG films are developed (which is one over the course of a year) I don't think this will be part of that franchise, not to mention I doubt they'd get all this funding and outside studios together for a franchise that's still relatively new. 

Judging by the way the EG films are developed (which is one over the course of a year) I don't think this will be part of that franchise, not to mention I doubt they'd get all this funding and outside studios together for a franchise that's still relatively new. 

Maybe they are going for something bigger than before. Equestria Girls 3 should be better than the others. But I do hope that they will create a proper pony film and maybe this announced film will be such a project. We probably won't know for some time.

Maybe they are going for something bigger than before. Equestria Girls 3 should be better than the others. But I do hope that they will create a proper pony film and maybe this announced film will be such a project. We probably won't know for some time.

Hopefully we should get something soon, I really don't want this to be EG 3, I mean the second movie was alright but they all follow a similar formula and don't really offer much in terms of character development. 

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully we should get something soon

That would be nice. Maybe around the time that the fifth season airs? A true MLP film should be popular with the target audience and bronies alike. The film screenings will be sold out for sure.

• Brohoof 1

I'll let you in on a secret, I hadn't watched the first episode of MLP before seeing equestria girls, because I thought equestria girls was the worst thing in the world so I wanted to watch it with my brother who was already a brony. I sat. I watched. I died a little inside and regretted watching this movie even if it was just to mock it. A couple of weeks later I was sitting there watching Doctor Who with my brother, and at the season 2 Finale I rage quit the show and said "I hate Rose, can we not watch it anymore! My Little Pony was better than this!" So we started watching My little pony. So If anyone else is like me then yeah, it's probably going to continue to grow until it stagnates at around 60% of the world. Not that I would want to see Rainbow Rocks in theatres, I'm probably not going to watch it at all in fact...

You are missing a great movie. Just saying

Oh my god, I was just reminded of the one made-up /mlp/ story where a theater was crowded with bronies. I won't go into details, but being 4chan, you can probably guess what the story was, especially if you've seen Pony Thread Simulators. 

On topic, though, I can only imagine how uncomfortable mothers/fathers and their child/children were.

That was literally one of the first things that crossed my mind upon seeing this topic. Damn 4chan giving us such a disturbing visual :blink:

On topic: why go many miles to the theater when you have Internet? That's just me tho

• Brohoof 1