Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

I'm still working on the character, but my idea for the Element of Betrayal is basically somepony from long ago who pretended to be a hero to help move their own plans forward.  I'll write the character in soon, I just need to know who I'll be RPing with.

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Everypony.

Been a long day with some changes here and there that have taken my time, so I don't have the time to finish writing the posts or respond here int he OOc tonight, sorry. :( I'll be on it tomorrow though, so hopefully you can bear with me. :)

I still need some acknowledgement from you and a way to "Enter Stage Left" into this RP. I can wait just a little bit longer!

@WiiGuy2014

If and when you do get approval. I have a chara that you can jump into the RP with. My chara Cosmic is currently unconscious in view of anypony near the main area of town. Currently he looks like a Unicorn with Silver colored wings. His coat is a more whitish color so the wings stand out and don't look to fit him.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Midnight_Aurora said:

@WiiGuy2014

If and when you do get approval. I have a chara that you can jump into the RP with. My chara Cosmic is currently unconscious in view of anypony near the main area of town. Currently he looks like a Unicorn with Silver colored wings. His coat is a more whitish color so the wings stand out and don't look to fit him.

Sure thing! Do you have a link to Cosmic's character page?

@Midnight_Aurora

Understood. :) I have somepony on him now, and once she had a chance to check him up a bit more, she will take appropriate action.

==========================================================================

@Dji

Aye, didn't mean to mention you before, whoops. Also, nice drawing. ^_^

========================================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Alright, sounds gravy. :)

As @Midnight_Aurora said, Cosmic is a good entry point. You can join in, or in case you two write fast, I will take a step back in the next post with Belladonna. No issues from me. ^_^

====================================================================

@Widdershins @Seamore Sandwich

Seems like you sorted your elements. Good. :D

As for other stuff you said Widders, I'll try to go through 'em fast here.

1. Griffon one is fine, but perhaps not park him over Ponyville? He is a danger, and we have a dragon lord in town plus a lot of others. He'd get shot down, and there's no reason to destroy a pretty flying ship. I'd suggest perhaps have him fly in from another place some way from Ponyville. Perhaps near where Athriel and Warlock are currently, hm? :3

2. What do you mean he's AU? I don't get that one.

3. ...I forgot this one.

4. This one is for you and @~Phoenix~ I want to have some things for my NPC's, but I tend to write some long bios, and that makes it hard to have time for them all. I can try to work on some small ones at some point when I get time. perhaps during the weekend, since I won't be back and responding before Monday again anyway.

================================================================

I will respond to the rest when I'm on the bus in about an hour. Busy day, busy weekend. -,-'

• Brohoof 1

@~Phoenix~

With the greatest if wills, I don't know if what I spend most of my time on outside of work can be called a life. :P hehe.

And I am sorry for the delay days, but with generally between 12 and 18 posts to respond to for me, I need the break days to breath. The Nexus aren't going to vanquish it's heroes on its own after all. :)

=============================

@Twilight-Shimmer

Not that much. The gang are at the front of the line now, and ready to get some food. Except Amazon who is currently having an..  Episode. Perhaps you can guess why, but if not, it'll come up eventually.

Also, I would reccomend the soup. :)

======================

@Shineling

Long as you're here my friend, it's okay that it takes a few days. ^_^ Though you do need to run the obstacle course again I'm afraid.

The pit of adorable kittens will await your passage.

========================

@BloodDrops

There's no space like Zombie Space, rawr. ^_^

=========================

And then one for the whole team.

I will respond again Monday, as Sunday will be used with the family. We got a day trip planned and I don't think they'd like it if I just sat on my phone during all of it.

I'll make sure to raise a glass of slushice in your honors, but for now, Hasta La Vista, Pinkie. *takes on sunglasses and rides into the sunset on a yellow bike with streamers out of the handle.*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich

My first post on the RP page involved getting into town.

Since this is around Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle is in this RP, I have 1 or 2 questions: Is she still an unicorn or now an Alicorn? Does she still have the Golden Oak Library or is she now living in the Friendship Castle? 

I think it's best Will Guide seeks out a smart pony like her to get some answers and a place to start from.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich

My first post on the RP page involved getting into town.

Since this is around Ponyville and Twilight Sparkle is in this RP, I have 1 or 2 questions: Is she still an unicorn or now an Alicorn? Does she still have the Golden Oak Library or is she now living in the Friendship Castle? 

I think it's best Will Guide seeks out a smart pony like her to get some answers and a place to start from.

Well, she is an Alicorn, she does not have the library anymore, she has the castle of friendship now and Starlight Glimmer is her student in the study of friendship.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji

Oh...wow... she's gorgeous.

Green accents on light cinnamon, bordered by copper-blond hair...       Uhh... your certainly beating Rainbow Dash out of the running, and I typically don't even think about pegasai...     Gosh... think I'm falling in love here...  :blush:

Uhhhhh... N-not that i'm, uh... that happens alot anyway, so not like that means anything or anything!

Uhh, I'm sure that's all because of the input from initial creator of course! So, uhm, yes! G-good job there that you did, yes! :kindness:

@Blitz Boom, @Lloyd & all the rest! (arrre here on Gillygan's Iiiiii-  Oh, go home, you!)

So there we go! Got a Character sheet set up for him too now! Oh, which reminds me, Boomer. Where do you get that Halloween-theme pony creator from? Somehow I get the feeling that'd be perfect for a pirate griffon!

#1.  Ah, think you've missed a beat I had previously intoned.

When I said he was coming from the sky... I didn't mean that it was supposed to be airborne. It's not that kind of ship! It's a seagoing vessel without a sea to go on!

See, as I go over in my catalog I breifly mention in McQuay's entry: Widdershins spent a good long while punching holes through dimensions with reckless abandon & unintentionally pissing off a few along the way. But he's long since sworn off doing that though, since it very rarely worked well for him or the planes he visited. Specifically, its in his story that there's three large portals around Ponyville, because that small town happens to be a Nexus Leyline for all of Equestria, thereby explaining why everything seems to happen there of all places. But the interdimensional holes tends to be something most can't use or even see without having a lifelong habit of seeing things... well, more creatively.

One of these three holes, and the biggest of them, is right over Ponyville's skyline. It's not the most trafficked, stable or easily found on either side of it... but it is still the biggest, and one easily capable of fitting a thirty-foot long pirate ship through.

When I said he was dropping into Ponyville... I did mean that literally.

It's not Bleakbeak's plan to come out over town, nor could he have aimed for that if he tried. The concern isn't his ship getting shot down... it's who'll be under him when he arrives.

That's why I was asking about landing & minimizing damage done. I was planning that he'd touch down, leave a notable dent in the street, maybe have a bit of an argument with whichever pony takes most umbrage at the town being once more wrecked, be placated by an offer of a drink, scream at Mangepatch to move the ship for them, then perhaps be found out in the local Tavern by Warlock or however that storyline gets involved. Perhaps they seek to find a spare bodyguard or something, and being a large, dark griffon from a pirate homeworld would kind of make McQuay stick out a fair bit for that purpose.

He's not paaaarking! He's faaaaalliiiing!  No. No, bad draconequus! Don't ever do your Willie impersonation ever again!

#2.  By AU, I mean that he really is from an Alternate Universe. Specifically a Green Sunned, more primal version of Equestria. He might not be native to this Equestria, but as we already have one character that's AU and another that, I think, is technically a cursed Blood Spirit... I suppose that's alright?

Hmm... do have to wonder now what Pirate Queen Celestia would look like...

#3. Hah! But I remember what your question was! The answer is: Pancakes!

#4. Ah, that's alright, for the most part I can work off of character interactions proper or a cursory depiction of your character from the initial meeting like as you did with Smoke Signal.   ..though I do keep forgetting his name. You already do spend enough time here as it is! I wouldn't task you with more work!

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Also, I would reccomend the soup. :)

Nyoh! Nyoh Soup for you!            Great, now I have this mental image of Widdershins going full Swedish Chef and flinging out a barrage of soup ladles & pots.

Hootin' Borkin', horpin' dorpin! Wait... is that racist?... Probably! But its also fun & silly!

Oh, and @WiiGuy2014 & @Midnight_Aurora?

I'd recommend against getting canonical characters involved. Sure, I'm sure Seamore & Blitz wouldn't mind, but its already enough fuss getting a character in & with anypony else rather than a show character that can really only be best done if we somehow hired the actual show actors into here. Trying to figure out how best to portray a character we all already have preconceptions of & how to faithfully synch your character up enough to get them in the same room seems like asking more work of a thread that is already juggling some eighteen different posters & likely double that in concurrent story arcs and other characters.

Not to mention... if the Main Six/Royal Sisters were a part of this... I'm sure they would have had some dour words about the pirate ship i'm about to drop, the massive shape-changing DragonLord, or the city-devouring Beast that originally wrecked Ponyville. I'm sure anything we plan to play around with would be rendered moot by the superior firepower of show characters.

Not that I'm going to stop you all from confusing things of course! Just, if Twilight McMagicHorse really was around... i'm sure she would have done something about me magically imploding & violently reassembling an inhabited house!

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

My use of them is because in backstory some of these charas are very much needed. The sisters for example hold a very Important Item for Cosmic. His previous existence and also his current form, Silverwing, had left in their care one of three Infinite Spell Matrices. That one being the Ever Blooming Rose. In essence it is a now crystal rose that is also it's own personal alternate reality. Every dimension in existence has a fragment within the rose, except Equestria. Just like the Living Spell Matrix, the Ever Blooming Rose was once a living bound Matrix. It was where Silverwing got his idea about each pony's cutiemark being a Spell Matrix. The Ever Blooming Rose grants the ability to create a pocket demi-plane. The purpose of this plane is different for.each user and is held within itself as ine if the many infinite petals so in essence once a pocket is made it is never lost, only forgotten.

The infinite Sphere matrix, on the other hoof, is a perfect sphere Matrix. It grants it's wielder the power to form a spell matrix for every spell out there.

The Living Spell Matrix however is bound to the bearer and will stay with them for all existence. It grants the one who made it, aka the bearer, a much larger than average mana reserve and the power to wield all three of the Infinite Spell Matrices as if they were one. 

Cosmic still has the Living Spell Matrix.

He gave the Ever Blooming to the royal sister Celestia after the sealing of Nightmare Moon. On his original death bed.

The Infinite Sphere Matrix, however, is currently unknown except to the GM and appropriate others that need to know and I, the player and character, don't need to know until it is discovered.

Besides, the use of the ones in question is purely for background minor role purposes.

I forgot to say one thing. The main reason for Pinkie or Twilight was to have a place to leave Anomaly, so Cacora can go off into the everfree. And as for Thorax, he is more of a guide to help Cacora come to the path of what a friend calls a Lightling.

The darklings are Changelings that have fallen into madness because of the hive mind deprivation and love starvation. Their madness gives way to anger rage and hate. This translates into an ability to control the minds of others. The darklings are master manipulators.

And the very rare lightling found a way to live in harmony with others and gain what they needed to survive without the hivemind or the dire hunger for love. They gain a strong desire to protect those that they have come to care for. The Lightlings are the counter to Darklings. Where Darklings have the power and ability to control the wills of others to do their bidding, the lightlings counter this and shield those near by them.

The Lightlings also have the power to save their fallen Darker kin, unless to much time has passed. The Darklings have to be able to control the Royal sisters before they can even hope to defeat their brighter counterparts. If they clash it will be a battle of wills and ideals. Most others won't really be hurt.

Also, the darklings rely on this control and manipulation way to much and are not physically strong.

The Lightlings are more balanced than their Darker kin. This also has the cost of them relying on others as a support network of some kind. Without this network they have virtually no power to speak of.

Cacora's Friendship Cacoons are this network. It is her greatest strength and her greatest weakness.

(edited)

On 5/11/2017 at 0:34 PM, Widdershins said:

@Widdershins

Widdershins certainly Is a very interesting character. In the absence of blitz I figured I might as well try to engage in conversation. How long have you been developing woddershins? It certainly seems like lots of detail and thought was put into him. Excuse me if it seems like I'm underestimating you but I would think that such a character develops slowly over a long period of time. 

I know that my own phoenix has gone through multiple different idderations. 

At first, being male, over powered, and a very cliche and edgy story (the same one that she still has, but more refined and less cringe-worthy).

He was also dark blue. With a red mane when I first made him. Yikes. 

S(he) Certainly made large leaps and bounds in her development 

Edited by ~Phoenix~

@Midnight_Aurora

Current form? Infinate Spell Matrices? Ever Blooming Rose? Living Spell Matrix? Infinite Sphere? Mana reserve? GM? Darklings? Lightlings? Mind Control? Some sort of network? Friendship Cocoons?

I have to say, honestly, that you've got me quite lost. Any one of those things I could go down and likely come up with yet more questions that would lead to more questions. Mind you, I am not in any way saying its bad or anything; it does remind me of some rather famous or elaborate shows that clearly succeeded on their own merits where I got just as easily lost. It's just mostly going over my head. Though that could just as easily be due to the amount of sleepiness I've been suffering from lately, heh~*

I do get your examples given though.

With Pinkie-Anomaly, I get. That could be just as easily anypony, but it still so clearly would be Pinkie that would do as such.

Thorax (who I only vaguely know, only seen his first appearance) as a guide seems a tad too hinging. Like... I hear that at some point Discord & Trixie & Starlight are left to go on a venture to defeat so-and-so. One would think Discord himself would be a suitable enough for any situation. I can't see why it has to be Thorax specifically for anything, as I haven't seen anything from him that any other member of his species couldn't also apply.   ...but I haven't seen everything there... and I'm sleepy. Lol.

@~Phoenix~

Hee~*  ...Woddershins, somehow seems even sillier that way!

Well, I suppose he started up ever since I started delving into trying to be creative on my own terms. Thing is, he's supposed to look like a cobbled together mess. I believe that's the proper spirit to making your own Draconequusona. Is to fully be aware that your a mess.

It's my idea that Widdershins used to be 'normal' at one point. Just the hand that life dealt him refused to allow him to die, so he gradually became the worlds & experiences he lived through & past.

Suppose he's always been floating around my head. Ever since I started watching Doctor Who (who he's only vaguely inspired by) I've been obsessed with the deep potential philosophy around immortality. Living forever isn't as positive as you'd think, Look at Celestia's life so far.

That! And it gives me an excuse to ram together every animal part I love! Which is totally part of the Draconequus spirit! Though... note I didn't say randomly. Do think I have some faint symbolism why what is where.

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

@Midnight_Aurora

Current form? Infinate Spell Matrices? Ever Blooming Rose? Living Spell Matrix? Infinite Sphere? Mana reserve? GM? Darklings? Lightlings? Mind Control? Some sort of network? Friendship Cocoons?

I have to say, honestly, that you've got me quite lost. Any one of those things I could go down and likely come up with yet more questions that would lead to more questions. Mind you, I am not in any way saying its bad or anything; it does remind me of some rather famous or elaborate shows that clearly succeeded on their own merits where I got just as easily lost. It's just mostly going over my head. Though that could just as easily be due to the amount of sleepiness I've been suffering from lately, heh~*

I do get your examples given though.

With Pinkie-Anomaly, I get. That could be just as easily anypony, but it still so clearly would be Pinkie that would do as such.

Thorax (who I only vaguely know, only seen his first appearance) as a guide seems a tad too hinging. Like... I hear that at some point Discord & Trixie & Starlight are left to go on a venture to defeat so-and-so. One would think Discord himself would be a suitable enough for any situation. I can't see why it has to be Thorax specifically for anything, as I haven't seen anything from him that any other member of his species couldn't also apply.   ...but I haven't seen everything there... and I'm sleepy. Lol.

@~Phoenix~

Hee~*  ...Woddershins, somehow seems even sillier that way!

Well, I suppose he started up ever since I started delving into trying to be creative on my own terms. Thing is, he's supposed to look like a cobbled together mess. I believe that's the proper spirit to making your own Draconequusona. Is to fully be aware that your a mess.

It's my idea that Widdershins used to be 'normal' at one point. Just the hand that life dealt him refused to allow him to die, so he gradually became the worlds & experiences he lived through & past.

Suppose he's always been floating around my head. Ever since I started watching Doctor Who (who he's only vaguely inspired by) I've been obsessed with the deep potential philosophy around immortality. Living forever isn't as positive as you'd think, Look at Celestia's life so far.

That! And it gives me an excuse to ram together every animal part I love! Which is totally part of the Draconequus spirit! Though... note I didn't say randomly. Do think I have some faint symbolism why what is where.

Well, it was the concept for each chara.

Cosmic's not Equestrian originally. So something that isn't normally of Equestria is something that fits Cosmic's concept well.

Cacora's concept is much more complicated. Not much is known about changelings. So just about anything we use for them is gonna be head cannon ideas and concepts.

Cacora's concept is similar to the Light Fairies and Dark Fairies. Dark Fairies are the evil as it gets types and the Light Fairies are the goodie goodies that fend off the dark ones.

@WiiGuy2014

Cosmic is currently being tended to by the Zebra like chara of Bloom's. If you happen upon them then be my guest.

@Everyone

Also, Cosmic I plan to have connections with Anomaly, aka the cult that revived her, and the Elements of Disharmony story line.

The Matrices concepts are just usually boosters and modifiers for spells. A spell matrix is a spell focus for powering and enhancing all kinds of spells.

@Widdershins that's actually pretty interesting. because at one point my character was also highly inspired by doctor who.

you see, Phoenix used to have this sort of regeneration ability. i suppose you could say that it was literally like a Phoenix, in the way that he (this was back when in his development, he was still a stallion) could be reborn from his own ashes if he was killed. 

but, when i joined the forums and saw all of this new stuff (because i used to only do private roleplays on kik with a group of friends who didn't care as much) i quickly adopted the idea that having an overpowered character was looked down upon (side note, he could also communicate telepathically and incinerate things just by looking at them). 

so i have since toned her down a bit, as well as edited her backstory to be a bit less edgy (the backstory used to be that she killed them all in a fit of rage, which i realized made little to no sense since her kind could just regenerate)

also, my original idea for the character was also that him and his people could live very long. i think originally, he was about 5000 years old. and that's simply because they were semi-immortal. they could simply live for a few dozen thousand years even without regenerating. but like i said, i needed to tone things down a bit. XD

any-who, that was years ago when i was just barely in high school. and as young teenagers go, they typically try to be really edgy. 

i think my character was originally developed because i liked Phoenixes, as a mythical creature, and i wanted a character who could use fire magic. 

in her backstory (and this is a recent edition) you can see that she used to have a tribal name. in fact, the original idea for the character was simply that her name was "Phoenix" from the beginning (which makes no real sense when you consider it was a tribe full of people who worshiped the Phoenix) so rather, i put in her backstory that she adopted the name in remembrance of her people. also, since her old name was a boys name and she wanted to try and hide that embarrassing detail of her life :P

@~Phoenix~

Well, this is a Kids' Show-themed world after all. It's not unusual, nay, its expected to have an obvious or silly name like Buttons, Muffins or Bubbles. Them being named Phoenix only makes more sense! It's like if a small country town was known for raising apples so almost half of every pony there is in some way named Apple. Occam's Naming Razor! Sometimes the silliest option is the easiest & best!

But I think there's an understandable reason why "edgy" is so prevalent. I see no reason not to be overpowered or Mary Sue/Gary Stu -ish. It's more in how you write it. Take Batman! He's one of the edgiest, darkest, infallible shmucks out there! I've heard that often how so many of Batman's published comic books are done by artists who are so vehemently fanboyingly loyal to him that they ruin the issue by spending the entire time making sure that nothing ever touches or challenges their hero's awesomeness.

There's no harm in that though... well, other than how the story turns out. Take the Doctor himself. He's been through some horrible times, fought in wars, watched his species & those he loved die off for one reason or another, for things he may feel he could have stopped. But he doesn't dwell on that. He rarely seems to come across as lording his status as being some super-alien that just happens to look human or that he's any different from the humans he helps or travels with. Well... almost consistent jabs that he's smarter & handsomer, but that's purely for comedy! Sure, he has a dark past but that's nothing he feels needs to come up often, that's just something for the audience to gradually come to understand to give depth to the character. Sure, his mind may work quicker or be functionally immortal but he's also rather impatient, nervy, socially awkward & a self-professed madman.

The same could be said for the Man of Bat. Sure, we can't see anything in his franchise without constant reminders that his parents died, but he's more beyond that. There's that sense that he wants to protect others because he feels he wasn't. And when someone is young or just starting out on writing their creative pursuits we only see the drama & the effects of it & not the slow build & reveal of how the character got to that point.

Think that's my Rule of Tentacle there. (What, I don't have any thumbs, do you?) If your character has to tell others about their story themself, or you can write a four page, non-spaced essay on their powers...*cough*... then you might've overblown things there!

Celestia, Luna, Twilight, & Starlight are all super-powerful, nay-on invinicible magic beings that everyone unquestioningly loves and certainly qualify as Mary Sues, but we love them all the same because their stories let the reader come to their own conclusions.

There's no such thing as bad creativity. But a bad story is one that tells their readers what to think & feel.

Was referring to myself there...

@Widdershins

Well dang, you certainly have a way of making everything seem alright, eh? Well. I will tell you as well that back then my role playing didn't consist of complete sentences either, and that they also were a Gary stue XP basically phoenix literally was untouchable. Either way, I typically don't let the Canon silliness get in the way of things. Normally I do like more realism with my role plays (I suppose that's strange, considering the genre), but I digress. 

In short, I've been role playing for years on and off of this site, and my abilities as well as my character have greatly developed. 

I want fights (if they happen in this roleplay, and I hope they do because I need some climax) to be fair, and for people not to be like "that character is too wierd, I'm gonna stay away from them" .-.

I think I write phoenix pretty well. She has her weaknesses, her buttons you can press. I very well could have written her as a cynical monotone person with stone cold expressions and absolutely no emotions. But I think her emotions are certainly what build her. I think the way I described her personality in the character page is a bit different than what's happening right now. 

It used to be that the older version was much more condescending and a smart arse, as well as having a vast wealth of knowledge and experience to their advantage (much like the doctor) but here she's still young and has been on her own since she was but a colt, and as such she's much more naive and that's where her beautiful weakness lies

@~Phoenix~

Well, think that's the thing. We call it role playing because we play a role. Which, I would guess, means basically needing your character to be capable of socializing. If you can only be combative or be the turning crux of a dramatic plot twist, well, that kinda restricts what else you can do. I like to think you gotta be able to picture your character sitting down for a cup of tea & calmly discussing how their day went!

Think that's something I'm learning now too. And what I'm going to do too..

No doubt you and @Blitz Boom have noticed by now that I like making my plans! Think I'll forego that god-modding I mentioned earlier. It's much simpler & works better to let others just let the situation flow where it goes then try to plot out what's going to happen beforehand. Or at least, bring it up when I'm actually about to do it!

I had originally planned for Phoenix to sprint away from the provocation, then basically have Widdershins stop time to have a heart-to-lack-of-heart with her, but that's basically what we're doing now anyway! I don't want to flex draconequus powers too much, since the whole gist of Widdy is that he has very little control over those powers.

Oh, and @Blitz Boom? Kind of a bit stumped as to what to do on Ambie's end. He's only a mixed-breed Changeling, so I do suppose revealing magic wouldn't work on him as he doesn't really have a changeling "natural" form to revert to. Not without any training anyhow. And he certainly doesn't know what he is either. His parents do of course, just he never got told.

Also... phooey, knocking out Kozaky wasn't nearly as stumping as I had hoped it would be for you!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

as long as you ask here, i'm sure i'd almost always say yes to whatever it is you're about to do. but, if that's not how you would ultimately like to do things, then that's totally fine. 

in fact, having smokey as a witness is making things more interesting in the long run. 

i also still enjoy the idea of a story arch including widdershins and Phoenix (and smokey could certainly come along for the ride). so let's do that. one that's deep, full of self discovery and such and such. like a movie. (just got back from seeing guardians of the galaxy 2. i enjoyed it)

i'm getting excited just thinking about it! (dangit gotta wait)

Edited by ~Phoenix~

Holy macaroni, there's a lot to go through. Guess that's wheat happens when the family kidnaps you for a few days, eh? :)

========================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Yeah, I'm sorry about the wait. :/ Sadly, the family planned a big gathering weekend, which is drawing out on my part, and the time I have to do... Well, anything really. Hence why responses are tomorrow. I'll make sure you get covered there mate, and hopefully keep it more stable after that. ^^ Plus, I will guide things towards another group to sort of mix and match to get things going even in my absence, for your convenience. ^_^

Also, the others told truth about Twilly and her castle. Alicorn and no library.

(just read your new reply in the OOC)

If @Midnight_Aurora says good, no issues from me. My NPC's are there to help things along here and there, and if you go to a real player, I have little to no issues with that. Mingling with real people are fuuuun. ^_^

================================================

@Widdershins

Well, you can have something elsw happen with Ambie. Let's say there's a small degree of magic going over him regardless, as you did show the flames, which means something is active, so just go and make it into a small thing like his eyes being hidden normally, and something else. Half-blood means he gotta have something changeling over him. Perhaps insectoid wings or a horn and some magic he never knew about? Should both interest and frighten him a bit I'd think.

You can also just run with the magic angle, and make him feel like something is wrong when the magic is gone. Like the lack of magic creates an imbalance of some sort. I'd say, go for either Null or Void, then make something up. ^^ you seem to roll well with things as it is, so I'm sure you could make something happen. :)

As for Kozaky, I imagined they dealt with a lot of weirdos in Ponyville so some of the ponies there would be somewhat jaded to things. Besides, he's already unconscious, not much of a bother at that beyond a moral one.

The creator I have used for most ponies for a long time (Beyond Null) have been The Fabulous Ponymaker Halloween Edition. Started with Vivid Loss on that one, and I love it. ^_^

And then on to the 1-4 points once more.

1.Oooh, okay. In that case, I definitely need to ask you to not have it go down on or near Ponyville. It's been destroyed enough as it is, and considering how a lot of ponies are huddled in their houses, or out on the streets, you'd end up with a 90+ percent chance of killing somepony. unless @dragon4111 would be willing to team up and catch it out of the sky, but I haven't seen him in a while now. Perhaps he just missed the last post? We'll see, but if he's up for doing something to prevent it from hitting town, like catch it, then I'm game, otherwise, it needs to be away from Ponyville. I am not keen on having killings. I hope you understand.

2. Alright then. makes sense. ^_^

3. Darn it... Now I want some pancakes with ice cream. -,-'

4. His name is Billowing Smoke, but I figured Smokey was simpler, so nickname. ^^ I will get around things later on regarding the bioses. Time I need, time I don't have unfortunately.

Also, eat ze soup!!! I command it. :D

And while I remember it, I do allow cannon characters from the show here, but only if the players think they can do them justice, and then they get under a specific player's control, like with Shineling and Pinkie. If one player is controlling a cannon, they will be locked from others to make it easier to work with story-wise. Will ruyin things if there were three each having their own Pinkie for example.

Long as the character fits well enough with the show (i tend to use wiki and a few youtube vids to see if it's close enough) I have little issue with it.

========================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

You two seem to be making sneaky plans. I like that. ^_^ If there's one thing I encourage it's planning with other players (Plus, means I don't have to think of something, muahahaha!!!) and this seems interesting. Also, a minor *time stop* isn't an issue, since technically, it is just between you two, whilst Smokey takes a short break as they speak in their little bubble in time. Doesn't affect anypony else's RP but Smokey (which again, I don't mind) so no godmodding. ^^ High fivea nypony? No... Okay then, guess I'l just uhm... Put my hoof down again I suppose...

Anyway, Looking forward to where this will go. Adventure time with crazy Widders, silent, but cool Phoenix, and her trusty puppydog, Smokey. ^_^

And I red a few more posts back, so a few comments more.

First is for you @~Phoenix~ which is that I don't mind longevity or regenerative abilities at all. Being impossible to kill isn't an issue, being impossible to kill and ultra powerful is, as that makes a being a bit one dimensional. It's why I like to have mine that can regen like Sorrow and Vivid be either weak, or it takes a lot of time and have side effects, as is the case with Vivid. No need for extremes like this, but have it like... After a full burn out regen, she's weakened for example. Small regens? Not much of an issue there really, but just have the worst things cost some energy is a good way of juggling it in my mind. ^_^

Second is for you @Widdershins and is basically about your definition of a Mary Sue, to which I have two things to say.

The first being that Batman have been defeated several times, have lost those near him, and overall can be beaten by the right opponent. Granted, he doesn't get beaten down that often, but it is proven that he can be. He's only human after all, so worst case scenario, old age will eventually get him, if he doesn't end up getting too tormented by everything and spiral downwards. I think I saw a comic story with that theme once actually... Seemed weird.

And the other one is that what I consider a Mary Sue is someone that is impossible to kill, have powers that means they can never loose, and is flawless in every way basically. The less flaws a character haves, the less interesting they tend to be to read about as they get one dimensional, and without any weaknesses, they are never going to improve or have to revaluate themselves, as they are already perfect.

Celestia have been beaten before by for example Chrysalis, Twilight have been defeated at least partly some times, and have flaws and doubts, which gives her room to grow and makes her interesting, sort of like a way less gloomy Batman. Luna I seem to recall had episodes where you could see that she were tormented by her guilt over the past, she have gone dark side once already, and have to live in fear of that potentially happening again, and Starlight... I don't really know anything about, but eh. :P

To take an example more close to you: Widdershins is technically all powerful and immortal, but he have shown to be flawed in his confusion, relatively unstable results of his magic, etc. He could likely be defeated in some fashion, or just stright up end knocking himself out of the fight by accident, so there's not really that looming, *I am the answer to everything* vibe going on.

I hope that somewhere between all this nonsense I made some sort of point. xD

=========================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

Uuuuh... Spell matrixes and stuff... Is it okay if I just nod, pretend like I understand it, and then just nudge at you if you start going on a tangent where it seems you're trying to create a god or something? Because I am not entirely certain what t think about this. Guess fine, but confused, so likely best if I see what goes on eventually. Perhaps at some point, I will understand it.

The part I really need to mention is the whole *lightling* and *darkling* thing. Which is... Well, I don't mind if Cacora is special in it, and she might have some resurrection things going on, but making the changelings have further subtypes - that I assume is actually more like the top of the scale rather than a footnote - might be going a bit far. Individual specialness is cool, but if there were suddenly a thing where and army of dark ones that were berserkers more or less, were against a bunch of ressers cleaning everything, it starts to go further away from changelings than what Thorax is.

Now granted, I might have misunderstood something here, but it is just what I see it as, not what it might actually be.

Also, if a changeling lost contact with the hivemind, couldn't cope with it and hunger and fell into madness, how would that translate into mind control? They have hive minds and queens for that, so without it, and likely being unable to become a new king/queen out of nowhere (took Thorax some mojo for example) how would they control others? More likely, they'd be berserkers, loosely tied together with anger and hatred, lashing out at everything, at least the way I see the trail of events happening.

Oh right, and lightlings sounds basically like changelings that just isn't part of the hivemind and lives out fine among the general populace, or at least have figured out how to sustain themselves without going crazy, starve, or hurt others. We've had a lot of them through here, and by all accounts, I seem to see people just liking to have a free-willed changeling. What makes those hive-less ones different from lightlings? Even if they feel more protective of their surrounding ponies. Might be any hive-less one could be that, if they liked the others.

P.S. For the love of Equestria, no mind control of canons, at all. If darklings as you call them have some few individuals who can control a few minds of lesser beings, then fine enough, we can work out the kinks of that, but not the princesses and others like them. Far simpler and less clunky to just have some control limited to other changelings who are without a hive and are weak-minded enough for them to cling unto their own network, where they can take dominance. Much like a queen or king of their kind would.

I know this is a lot, but this seems like something I need to inspect before it grows wild, so lemme her your thoughts on it. :)

• Brohoof 2