Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Holy macaroni, there's a lot to go through. Guess that's wheat happens when the family kidnaps you for a few days, eh? :)

========================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Yeah, I'm sorry about the wait. :/ Sadly, the family planned a big gathering weekend, which is drawing out on my part, and the time I have to do... Well, anything really. Hence why responses are tomorrow. I'll make sure you get covered there mate, and hopefully keep it more stable after that. ^^ Plus, I will guide things towards another group to sort of mix and match to get things going even in my absence, for your convenience. ^_^

Also, the others told truth about Twilly and her castle. Alicorn and no library.

(just read your new reply in the OOC)

If @Midnight_Aurora says good, no issues from me. My NPC's are there to help things along here and there, and if you go to a real player, I have little to no issues with that. Mingling with real people are fuuuun. ^_^

================================================

@Widdershins

Well, you can have something elsw happen with Ambie. Let's say there's a small degree of magic going over him regardless, as you did show the flames, which means something is active, so just go and make it into a small thing like his eyes being hidden normally, and something else. Half-blood means he gotta have something changeling over him. Perhaps insectoid wings or a horn and some magic he never knew about? Should both interest and frighten him a bit I'd think.

You can also just run with the magic angle, and make him feel like something is wrong when the magic is gone. Like the lack of magic creates an imbalance of some sort. I'd say, go for either Null or Void, then make something up. ^^ you seem to roll well with things as it is, so I'm sure you could make something happen. :)

As for Kozaky, I imagined they dealt with a lot of weirdos in Ponyville so some of the ponies there would be somewhat jaded to things. Besides, he's already unconscious, not much of a bother at that beyond a moral one.

The creator I have used for most ponies for a long time (Beyond Null) have been The Fabulous Ponymaker Halloween Edition. Started with Vivid Loss on that one, and I love it. ^_^

And then on to the 1-4 points once more.

1.Oooh, okay. In that case, I definitely need to ask you to not have it go down on or near Ponyville. It's been destroyed enough as it is, and considering how a lot of ponies are huddled in their houses, or out on the streets, you'd end up with a 90+ percent chance of killing somepony. unless @dragon4111 would be willing to team up and catch it out of the sky, but I haven't seen him in a while now. Perhaps he just missed the last post? We'll see, but if he's up for doing something to prevent it from hitting town, like catch it, then I'm game, otherwise, it needs to be away from Ponyville. I am not keen on having killings. I hope you understand.

2. Alright then. makes sense. ^_^

3. Darn it... Now I want some pancakes with ice cream. -,-'

4. His name is Billowing Smoke, but I figured Smokey was simpler, so nickname. ^^ I will get around things later on regarding the bioses. Time I need, time I don't have unfortunately.

Also, eat ze soup!!! I command it. :D

And while I remember it, I do allow cannon characters from the show here, but only if the players think they can do them justice, and then they get under a specific player's control, like with Shineling and Pinkie. If one player is controlling a cannon, they will be locked from others to make it easier to work with story-wise. Will ruyin things if there were three each having their own Pinkie for example.

Long as the character fits well enough with the show (i tend to use wiki and a few youtube vids to see if it's close enough) I have little issue with it.

========================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

You two seem to be making sneaky plans. I like that. ^_^ If there's one thing I encourage it's planning with other players (Plus, means I don't have to think of something, muahahaha!!!) and this seems interesting. Also, a minor *time stop* isn't an issue, since technically, it is just between you two, whilst Smokey takes a short break as they speak in their little bubble in time. Doesn't affect anypony else's RP but Smokey (which again, I don't mind) so no godmodding. ^^ High fivea nypony? No... Okay then, guess I'l just uhm... Put my hoof down again I suppose...

Anyway, Looking forward to where this will go. Adventure time with crazy Widders, silent, but cool Phoenix, and her trusty puppydog, Smokey. ^_^

And I red a few more posts back, so a few comments more.

First is for you @~Phoenix~ which is that I don't mind longevity or regenerative abilities at all. Being impossible to kill isn't an issue, being impossible to kill and ultra powerful is, as that makes a being a bit one dimensional. It's why I like to have mine that can regen like Sorrow and Vivid be either weak, or it takes a lot of time and have side effects, as is the case with Vivid. No need for extremes like this, but have it like... After a full burn out regen, she's weakened for example. Small regens? Not much of an issue there really, but just have the worst things cost some energy is a good way of juggling it in my mind. ^_^

Second is for you @Widdershins and is basically about your definition of a Mary Sue, to which I have two things to say.

The first being that Batman have been defeated several times, have lost those near him, and overall can be beaten by the right opponent. Granted, he doesn't get beaten down that often, but it is proven that he can be. He's only human after all, so worst case scenario, old age will eventually get him, if he doesn't end up getting too tormented by everything and spiral downwards. I think I saw a comic story with that theme once actually... Seemed weird.

And the other one is that what I consider a Mary Sue is someone that is impossible to kill, have powers that means they can never loose, and is flawless in every way basically. The less flaws a character haves, the less interesting they tend to be to read about as they get one dimensional, and without any weaknesses, they are never going to improve or have to revaluate themselves, as they are already perfect.

Celestia have been beaten before by for example Chrysalis, Twilight have been defeated at least partly some times, and have flaws and doubts, which gives her room to grow and makes her interesting, sort of like a way less gloomy Batman. Luna I seem to recall had episodes where you could see that she were tormented by her guilt over the past, she have gone dark side once already, and have to live in fear of that potentially happening again, and Starlight... I don't really know anything about, but eh. :P

To take an example more close to you: Widdershins is technically all powerful and immortal, but he have shown to be flawed in his confusion, relatively unstable results of his magic, etc. He could likely be defeated in some fashion, or just stright up end knocking himself out of the fight by accident, so there's not really that looming, *I am the answer to everything* vibe going on.

I hope that somewhere between all this nonsense I made some sort of point. xD

=========================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

Uuuuh... Spell matrixes and stuff... Is it okay if I just nod, pretend like I understand it, and then just nudge at you if you start going on a tangent where it seems you're trying to create a god or something? Because I am not entirely certain what t think about this. Guess fine, but confused, so likely best if I see what goes on eventually. Perhaps at some point, I will understand it.

The part I really need to mention is the whole *lightling* and *darkling* thing. Which is... Well, I don't mind if Cacora is special in it, and she might have some resurrection things going on, but making the changelings have further subtypes - that I assume is actually more like the top of the scale rather than a footnote - might be going a bit far. Individual specialness is cool, but if there were suddenly a thing where and army of dark ones that were berserkers more or less, were against a bunch of ressers cleaning everything, it starts to go further away from changelings than what Thorax is.

Now granted, I might have misunderstood something here, but it is just what I see it as, not what it might actually be.

Also, if a changeling lost contact with the hivemind, couldn't cope with it and hunger and fell into madness, how would that translate into mind control? They have hive minds and queens for that, so without it, and likely being unable to become a new king/queen out of nowhere (took Thorax some mojo for example) how would they control others? More likely, they'd be berserkers, loosely tied together with anger and hatred, lashing out at everything, at least the way I see the trail of events happening.

Oh right, and lightlings sounds basically like changelings that just isn't part of the hivemind and lives out fine among the general populace, or at least have figured out how to sustain themselves without going crazy, starve, or hurt others. We've had a lot of them through here, and by all accounts, I seem to see people just liking to have a free-willed changeling. What makes those hive-less ones different from lightlings? Even if they feel more protective of their surrounding ponies. Might be any hive-less one could be that, if they liked the others.

P.S. For the love of Equestria, no mind control of canons, at all. If darklings as you call them have some few individuals who can control a few minds of lesser beings, then fine enough, we can work out the kinks of that, but not the princesses and others like them. Far simpler and less clunky to just have some control limited to other changelings who are without a hive and are weak-minded enough for them to cling unto their own network, where they can take dominance. Much like a queen or king of their kind would.

I know this is a lot, but this seems like something I need to inspect before it grows wild, so lemme her your thoughts on it. :)

The Subtype thing wasn't what I had in mind. The Lightlings and Darklings were meant to be their own group. It isn't the lack of a hive or the hungerdire of starving that translates into the Darklings. Its their griwing hate for all things and them harnessing that hate as power. That new power gives them the ability to overrule the will of others. Who is not to say thatone there isn't one working behind the scenes to ruin Equestria. One that was exiled because of the failure that was the wedding.

But we can work something out.

On the note of Matrices. They aren't that complicated. And I used them as the power that the cult was after. He won't go god mode with them unless he has no other choice. I know how to limit him and his power. The forms are just a further limiter.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

And while I remember it, I do allow cannon characters from the show here, but only if the players think they can do them justice, and then they get under a specific player's control, like with Shineling and Pinkie. If one player is controlling a cannon, they will be locked from others to make it easier to work with story-wise. Will ruyin things if there were three each having their own Pinkie for example.

i would have asked to play twilight if it wasn't already taken. i feel i do her justice. 

also. watch the show, dangit! (nevermind, don't watch the show. i enjoy you much more when you spend your time here ;-;)

• Brohoof 1

On 5/13/2017 at 3:11 AM, Widdershins said:

@Dji

Oh...wow... she's gorgeous.

Green accents on light cinnamon, bordered by copper-blond hair...       Uhh... your certainly beating Rainbow Dash out of the running, and I typically don't even think about pegasai...     Gosh... think I'm falling in love here...  :blush:

Uhhhhh... N-not that i'm, uh... that happens alot anyway, so not like that means anything or anything!

Uhh, I'm sure that's all because of the input from initial creator of course! So, uhm, yes! G-good job there that you did, yes! :kindness:

@Widdershins

Oh really? I'm sure you didn't mean anything by this. :D

Waaait... If your family abducts you.... then who pays the ransom?

Ah, well, the thing with Ambie is, the way I wrote him, @Blitz Boom, is that he's already as much changeling as he's going to get. You mentioned the eyes being noticeable, and they already are. Big, pupil-less green eyes that widen to look decidedly un-ponylike. What I was aiming at with him is that anypony could look at him to tell that he's not entirely pony, but of what else he is doesn't seem to be serious enough to be scared of. Though... Null, was it? If she's prone to get scared at anything potentially different, he'd be enough in that category.

The way I fudge it, is that the limit to his inherited Changeling powers is the color changing that he does according to his mood. I realize now that I don't think I've brought that up recently in his posts though. Why I brought up said spell flame-flickers, is that he's a slight barometer for others feelings of fear. And Fear ought be at least one thing going through Happy Hour right now, having been found out & going on about how much of a freak he thinks he is when very few others seem to be doing anything to him to enforce that idea.

My problem is that I'm not sure what of Ambie counts as magical enough to go haywire...nor is he much of one to just go up to another group. I suppose there's his color changing, I can imagine a pony suddenly turning into a technicolor strobe light in front of you isn't exactly comforting. Hmm... he does feed on emotions a bit, albeit unintentionally though I can't... imagine how... he...

OoOoOooh!

OoOoOooh!

Ooh! Hey, Blitz Boom! Think we can get Ambie & Null to both flinch in fear at the same exact moment!??!

FEEDBACK LOOP, BABY! WHOOO!!

In regards to pirate introduction though: Fhoo. I had planned on that being the crux of things though. The streets being abandoned, (since its the middle of the night, right?) and the Captain being ordered to shuffle off his boat which would then also lead to an introductory scene for the First Mate. Which'd be hard any other way if he's not being made to, considering Mangepatch's personality. I'm kind of stumped elsewise without his ship being wedged somewheres inopportune to expedite matters. Though, I surely did never intend for anybeing to get injured on the way down.

Though SOME ponies are every bit as spongey & springy as I am, so really, where's the bad?

...hmm... maybe sliding into the side of ponyville then?

I had pretty much shelved the Time-Stop now, as he already is talking with @~Phoenix~ so its more or less irrelevant now anyway. But I'll keep it in a back pocket if I see a spot I can aim it in.

You want a Gary Stew? Try that Superman Fella on for size! Mr. Struttin' around like he's the best ever! I wan' Great-Wall-of-China-Rebuilding-Vision...

But as for Mary Stewing, That's what I was aiming for with Widdershins. He has pretty much all the powers, but he's just as surprised as you are if you mention what he actually did with them. He's got the dark, tragic past, but he doesn't care much to dwell on it anymore then you'd want to hear it. He's certainly immortal, but you can certainly kill him.

In fact... and I open this to really anyone reading this. Go ahead and kill Widdershins. Neither of us mind to much if you do! He'll just pop right back with a gasp!

Not entirely sure if I oughta be offended by that.

Pretty much Captain Jack Harness from Torchwood immortality rules. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, MaryxMelody said:

Did you wanna stop roleplaying? ;;

Hey @MaryxMelody, just wanted to give you a heads up and ask if you could pleasy-cheesy with cheescake and muffins and.. *Trails off with a bit of drool*

Uh... Where was I? Oh, right! Please make sure to post all Out Of Character comments and notices here in the OOC & Discussion thread for Casual Stroll. Helps minimize confusions and clutters. :please: :squee:

Edit: I just noticed this has been mentioned already about an hour before I even saw it and now I'm a bit embarrassed.. :blush: Sorry about that

Edited by Shineling

(edited)

@MaryxMelody

Also to answer your question no I don't want to stop I'll be back just trying to move around a bit I'll come back.

Edit: Hey, Mary could come with Maple if you want!

Edited by Maple Bat

@Seamore Sandwich

I forgot Penny? Oh horseapples -,-'. That one's on my writing list for today then. Sorry mate. :(

Gonna ask you something though, in regards to @Moonlit and I with Serenade and Ziggy, are you waiting for something there? Just wanted to be sure you didn't miss that we still tag you, and that you're just bidding the right time to do something. ^^

@Midnight_Aurora

Ooooh, like That. Okay then, that makes a good deal more sense. Thought it was a subtype thingie of some sort and got nervous. Having a lot of paranoia ain't always the best when it comes to the unknown. ^^

Sounds good to me in that case then. Just again, not too widespread and please no taking over strong cannon characters. Plenty of weak-willed or distressed ones to pick from. Plus, could work as part of the manipulation angle that the darklings you refer to try and create distress and chaos so others get panicked, frightened, etc. Creates some openings in moments of weakness so to speak. We'll see as time goes by, but I'm more calm on it now. :)

As for the matrixes and such, it sounds more basic and down to earth there. Guess I just got confused further up. ^^

====================================================

@MaryxMelody

Like plenty of others have pointed out mate (thanks everyone for that), you need to post any OOC things in here, not in the RP thread. Mods doesn't like that. And I'm sure that you can still tag along and go to Pinkie as well if it were, or mingle with others if not. Plenty of ponies and assorted other things here that'd be happy to write with ya. ^_^

Just noticed that your writing buddy responded longer down on the page, so seems like the dynamic duo ain't done yet. ^^

...You can be Robin. :P

====================================================

@Dji

He's making a move on you, seize the moment. :P

=====================================================

@CentipedeGhoul @Lil' Lovebug

Gonna tag you both in this, though it is really mostly for Centi. We're wondering where you are mate? Been some time since last you posted, and we're sort of in a waiting position for you to do something. :)

@dragon4111

Might as well take you too. Missing your input on things hombre. For a huge dragon, you sure are a silent sort. :P

==============================================

@Widdershins

Heh... Hehehe... Ahahahaha!!! *maniacal laughter goes on for a solid five minutes, with lighting striking behind him*

I so love to torment my characters a bit, and Void have gone ahead and had it a bit too good right now. Time for a little beatdown, so to speak.

You have the green light to go there, then make her scared for some reason... Okay, she already is frankly, so not much of an issue there, then he changes color, she gets more afraid,  he changes again, and so goes the spinny top. She'd likely cover under the table and whimper within a minute or so. :) Been a long day with some testy things going on as it is, so this would be the drop that made the cup flow over.

Be advised, a few others of mine will be drawn towards you when he does this. You have fun guessing which ones. :P

Right, and while I remember it, Null if the confident, usually cranky, small pegasi without a wing, whilst Void is the larger earth pony who's missing a leg, an eyes, and is a brittle sort that stands behind the counter.

On a similar note, I actually forgot the part about Ambie's eyes, so that's why I haven't mentioned them in a post. Not before they had the flickering flames go over them. Whoops.

And yes, Happy is somewhat afraid, as he knows that he is a unique sort of changeling, and therefore, if anypony knows of the hives to the far west, beyond the shores of Equestria, he might be in real trouble, as his hive is some of the more vile, violent sorts out there. He's an icon of his hive really, and he won't be able to play it off with him being just a turned human who just tries to mind his own business if anypony knows at least part of the truth.

Then again, i do hope somepony one day does, as then they'd know his hive is gone too. Before the attack on Canterlot, Chrysalis wanted more to her hive, so she went for the warrior-hive, and challenged their queen, Onache, who is Happy's queen. Winner takes all, and Chrysalis won a hard fought battle, making Onache and her hive part of that one. Should shake his foundation quite a bit.

I haven't decided what happened to her after Thorax really. Potentially she got changed, but left as she didn't have nay want to be with the new king, and finding Chrysalis no longer worthy of her service as she were thoroughly beaten. Or she followed. Or stuck around? Again, I haven't decided yet, but I figure the day comes when I need an NPC with either Chrysalis of Thorax, and then I have this in my back pocket.

And before I move on: He doesn't change to his pony form permanently right now as he figures that it's too late as it is, with so many having already seen him, and that he suspects that Pinkie might do something again, as she told him not to scurry off. Exposed is one thing, exposed and tied to a chair is something else. :)

As for your pirate, I'll meet you halfway then and green-light you popping down in the outskirts of Ponyville. We'll say that the area he landed on is where the one's currently going for their shift of work and those from the former one who is eating have come from, so a few destroyed houses isn't the death of anypony.

And I'm not killing Widdershins. Knowing you, it'll infect whoever does it and he'll just grow back from a big growth on the assailants back at some point. Or something more crazy, like getting burped back to life by some random passerby, then look up at them and say *Daddy!*

Quite frankly, I can never figure out what you're going to do, but that's part of the fun. ^^

Also, I think the only one getting actually killed here in RP, player-wise, was Vivid. Needed her dead for a time, though in the timeline Widders is in, she's around again, over at Satin and Star Burst. She'll go to Briar soon. The time of the moon standing tallest grows near after all. :)

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111

Yey. ^^ Happy funtimes and cake. :3

============================================================

@Twilight-Shimmer @Foxy Socks

Not since last you posted, no. Had to be away on a family thing this weekend, so it dragged out with responses. I'm typing away as best I can though to get it done today. :) Stay tuned. ^^

I'll have more posted for the rest of you runningly, but because of buses and such, I will have to do it a little at a time on several platforms. Next bundle will be from my cell via the bus.

@~Phoenix~

Ask and ye shall recieve. Which I figure you know since you responded, heh. :P

================================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Just wanted to let you know that your post made me giggle. Thanks. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

He's making a move on you, seize the moment. :P

:blush:  Wh-what? I'd never! I'm n-not the sort to hover around social media like that!

Embarrassment.gif

I-it's not like I'm some forward creepazoid or something!

19 hours ago, Dji said:

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

Only if Widdershins agrees to it. :o

W-w-wait, w-wh-what are we agreeing to here!??!

I-it's just a complement on work d-done is all! Don't be baka, Baka!!

Baka_Gif.gif

I'll, uhm, get to the rest of my r-responses sometime tomorrow. Maybe. Baka.

• Brohoof 2