Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom there ya go! it's not all lost. certainly much better than having to go all the way back and and rewrite it all. suppose the only work there is to do then is to finish up what little bit you have left and then do a little bit of edit work to make it all pizzazzy again :D *hug*

@Blitz Boom Nah, I was talking like post each scene separately. Then add on to it.

Like, just do maybe a few paragraphs for one or three people, submit that, then come back later and edit in a whole nother set of people from entirely different settings. No one is making you do it as lump sums!

Aaaaand I do have alot of practice rationalizing things! Crazy does not nullify wisdom! In fact, think the world has seen an awful lot of Wise men go completely batty!

@Blitz Boom

Been busy most of the day, but I've added my Character Will Guide's next set of lines.

It's funny how in the last RP post involving our characters, you mentioned "being suspiciously changeling-like in nature". I have a second OC, Changeling Will Guide. He's a kind Changeling, whose dying spirit was saved by Unicorn Will Guide while the latter was in a daze of memory loss. I was thinking of using him as an unexpected ally of Unicorn Will Guide, who unknowingly is harboring the Changeling within his own body while the Changeling is in a "sleeping death," if you will. His shape-shifting abilities could help an unknowing Unicorn Will Guide put on performances based on the many Disney fairy tales and stories U. Will remembers and entertain the ponies around him.

I don't expect you to use C. Will Guide in this RP, unless you can think of someway it could work. His profile's in my signature! Just thought you should know; it's just an idea.

@~Phoenix~ & @Blitz Boom

Oh aye, that back-and-forth option there. Its not like I've painted myself into a corner and can't do anything about it now. I can go into detail about how he's burnt up, like unlike what Blitz said, I don't intend for him to be an actual pile of ash. Nothing for you to go back and edit, I assure you. I just want the point made that damage has indeed been done. He's more like a fully burnt through representation, like a charcoal statue. He still looks like him, roughly, but like a chord of wood you pulled out of the fire. Still the same shape and loose details, but if you poke him he'll crumble.

He's like what a whole fallen tree looks like after a forest fire, you know? A column of barely held together ash.

What I'm saying here... Is that Widdershins is just a huge log.

Well now your just beginning to enjoy this too much!

I may get around to going into detail about it as pure narration, but if you get there first, have at you what you will. Oh hey, literal rising from the ashes though, that'd be enough to intrigue Phoenix, right Phoenix?

PHEE-NIIISS!!!

Stop referencing Stallone movie reviews, How I managed to write a character who's just as vocal dead, I'll never know.

@WiiGuy2014

I have no idea where they're going. I just write stuff and see where things takes me. Planning ahead bores me compared to just winging it. ^^

Which reminds me: Fun fact about Alonsus. When I first made him, my plan was the essentially make a less egoistical version of Gaston. Didn't realize until the last post what sort of irony it actually is that I use him with a Disney fan now. :)

As for the changeling angle, I think it's interesting, but we should begin with the regular stuff here, then see how it goes first. Might be we will stumble into a situation where he'd just fit in like a glove before knowing it. Will think on it though. ^^

===============================================================

@Widdershins @Lloyd

Alright, i agree on making them useless for others. Looking over things again, my suggestions were a bit... Far out too. Sometimes the version of my RP side that used to do quite violent RP pops into things. sorry. :)

=============================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Dji is totally the lovestruck husband. Especially now that he's married to charcoal and still loving it. :P

And I have perfectly legal papers on me being able to wed you two. Just don't touch them, the ink isn't dry ye- I mean, I want it spotless before I frame it... Right.

===========================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

I'm sure the knowledge will come in handy eventually. I'm just feigning intelligence in another way by glossing over it. :P Gonna be fun to see Penny as the real smart one when we get to the guard. ^^

==========================================================

@Widdershins @~Phoenix~

I checked my posts, and at no point does it say that I describe Widdershins as being ash. That is Phoenix that have said that. What I wrote in is just dealing with the fire (Hopefully, though the way I wrote it was an in for you Widders to decide on whatever or not he caught them all, and if not, where the one(s) he didn't ended up) and then how he got weakened a lot from the burst of magic he had to use, which have also spot-blinded him.

Which brings me to sort of have a question for you, Phoenix. How come you think Smokey looked displeased? I was trying to go for shocked, and I'd like to correct myself if it seems like he have something against Phoenix in that post. Plus I looked over it, and he isn't even looking at her, which is why I assumed she didn't take notice of his eyes being messed up right now.

I ain't pointing fingers/hooves at anything here, just somewhat confused and trying to understand, as I do know that sometimes the meaning of what I write isn't always clear, and I'd like to improve by seeing how I did things foggily and learn from it. Like in this case where I seemed to suggest Smokey reacting in other ways than were written above. :)

Also, side question: Wanna roast marshmallows on Widdershins? Sounds like he'd be ideal for it by now, hehe. :D

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@WiiGuy2014

I have no idea where they're going. I just write stuff and see where things takes me. Planning ahead bores me compared to just winging it. ^^

Which reminds me: Fun fact about Alonsus. When I first made him, my plan was the essentially make a less egoistical version of Gaston. Didn't realize until the last post what sort of irony it actually is that I use him with a Disney fan now. :)

As for the changeling angle, I think it's interesting, but we should begin with the regular stuff here, then see how it goes first. Might be we will stumble into a situation where he'd just fit in like a glove before knowing it. Will think on it though. ^^

Ha Ha! Alonsus being a less egotistical version of Gaston and paired up with a Disney fan? That's pretty awesome! 

I agree we should start basic with our characters though. Sooner or later, Will will fully remember the stories of Disney and would want to share them with Equestria, but for now, they should head into town.

@Blitz Boom

Eh, sometimes posts are a bit long (that's not something to be ashamed of or sorry about in any way) and sometimes I lose focus and forget/assume some minor details. It's a bit of an issue with my attention span simply being terrible. 

If it's much of an issue and it's making things awkward for you guys, you can let me know and I'll step out. 

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

just somewhat confused and trying to understand,

My role here is Donion Rings

...maybe I was a bit half-asleep at the time of reading it...

Well, think You mentioned too that other's were helping catch 'em too. Besides, I can't think of any surprises errant sparks could cause. It's hard to derive comedic aftereffects from catching on fire. Clearly, that was a sign of you wanting to contain the problem. Good idea too, would think smoke serves as a good way to smother flames.

I would hazard that there's be some of a touchy time between Smokey & @~Phoenix~ now. Sure, Smoke Signal (geez, I stink at names) isn't the sort to accuse or get angry, but he is tired. I can imagine that there'd be some time for both to recover, asses the aftermath of the show & shock, and figure what happened where. Phoenix did instigate things & Widdershins, whether or not this was some sort of trick on his part, clearly wouldn't have let it get to the results that he is now. I mean, I can hardly be blamed for only intensifying & spreading the problem!

IIIiiiiiii am the Spirit of Confusion, you know! Hate to see me go, love to watch me burn! Hoo!

And T-T-Totally! I love me some charcoal-flavored mashmellows! Ain' nothin' says seasonin' like Carcinogens! MMM! IT'S PAINFULLY DELICIOUS!!

So basically, do suppose a bit of arguing might be warrented. Phoenix is an emotional mare and she did just kill a being after all. Or, if nothing else, poke 'em and see if he's still alive.

Oh, and as for Element Application, I wouldn't put the idea of mutilation down that much. I've heard of many an anime that did that well. Some McGuffin attaches itself accidentally to the wimpy protagonist so now he's got to be the hero whether or not he feels up to it; It's a good way to force development. But like I said, Disharmony should be similar somewhat to regular old Harmony. Though huge, gothic pendant/brooches would look totally awesome!

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

KYAA! Whattaya trying to do!? Make me the blushing bride?!!? I only took two semesters of Home Ec in High School! I don't look good in an apron! I don't have the waist for wearing dresses! Th-the hips maybe...but that's not the point! Baka! You've ruined me for marriage! Ehhhh! *cue flailing*

Besides, our characters aren't even anywhere near or have been introduced! She's likely far too humorless for a goon palooka like my draconequus! What Dawn needs would be a stallion closer to her!

One that's possibly & narratively in the same room as her right now.

*cough*   *cough*

15 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Widdershins

Widdershins is a cute rabbit/cabbit.

What's a cabbit?

Cabbit?  CAAAAABIIIIT!            HEY! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIIIIIII.......

Great. Now look what you've done. You've gotten him stuck on Costello again!

(edited)

@~Phoenix~

I'd never ask you to step away from this mate, I enjoy the posts you make. ^^ It just confused me, but seems like that runs both ways, so let's call it even and come join me in making tiny waistcoats for squirrels. :3

I'm sure we'll get right on track soon enough, and I can run with this. Like @Widdershins said, Smokey's tired and drained, and might not be thinking straight. Could be he briefly looked over at her like *Really?*.

==================================================================

@WiiGuy2014

Well, I wouldn't be able to write the actual Gaston, as I'd have to start hitting myself with a brick every time I wrote down Alonsus for being too annoying, so I went for a nicer version with a bloated self worth. There's a reason he always introduces goes along the lines of *I, Alonsus, shall aid you* instead if *I will help you*.

It's a reason for his name too. Needed something pompous, and quite frankly, when I imagining a well groomed stallion raise his hoof to his chest and smile whilst wind almost gently blows through his mane to make him seem more majestic - though it might just be in his head - I couldn't let go of the name Alonsus. It just seemed to fit as a nice cherry on top of his slap-able behavior. :)

======================================================================

@Widdershins @Dji

Tch, typical married couples, always fighting over the smallest details, or getting flustered by being forced into an arranged marriage perpetuated by a somewhat sadistic guy laughing maniacally because it seems cruel in all the right ways. Come on, give eachother a chance. :P

Just remember: Equality is key. Don't leave Widders alone to raise the baby Dji.

========================================================

@Widdershins

Roger on the elements, and I'll be preparing the s'mores (i think it was spelled that way).

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom

hey! yeah. i was actually at work around the time i said that. i was a little exasperated and exhausted and i also get a little self conscious when people point out inconsistencies i might make :(

that being said, i was just caught at a stressful moment .-. i'm sure if i proofread (which i normally don't) things would definitely be more consistent to what you were ACTUALLY trying to do.

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

come join me in making tiny waistcoats for squirrels. :3

Tiny Waistcoats for Squirrels?!!?  I could kiss you on the lips!   ...but then we'd have a harem, wouldn't we? ...or maybe a Love Square?...

@Dji

I'm pregnant now?!!?

Fainting.gif

Great. Now my author's dead now too! I knew that roleplaying was a great idea!

• Brohoof 1

@Trixie .

You will have to ask @Lloyd about that, though I think Cruelty was taken by @Seamore Sandwich . Might be another one left, I can't remember.

==========================================================================

@~Phoenix~

We will have to ask Jeremy Kyle about that one later.

==========================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Since when? Why, since two months before you even met of course. You didn't think there were any meaning in chaos after all, did you?

"Oh, Oh! I have a picture of it!"

Wait, seriously?

"Well, duh! Of course I'd want a picture of the little one. He's a little nuisance in the future. Just look at this one where Widdershins brought him to see Twilight for the first time."

tumblr_nje2qiUHtc1trz2o7o1_500.png

(Picture found on google image search. I can't draw this well)

"I remember all the times I'm going to tell you to wait until ponies are awake. Man you get salty about that. Especially when Dji agrees with me."

On 5/15/2017 at 1:48 AM, Blitz Boom said:

@Midnight_Aurora

Ooooh, like That. Okay then, that makes a good deal more sense. Thought it was a subtype thingie of some sort and got nervous. Having a lot of paranoia ain't always the best when it comes to the unknown. ^^

Sounds good to me in that case then. Just again, not too widespread and please no taking over strong cannon characters. Plenty of weak-willed or distressed ones to pick from. Plus, could work as part of the manipulation angle that the darklings you refer to try and create distress and chaos so others get panicked, frightened, etc. Creates some openings in moments of weakness so to speak. We'll see as time goes by, but I'm more calm on it now. :)

As for the matrixes and such, it sounds more basic and down to earth there. Guess I just got confused further up. ^^

@Blitz Boom,

That can happen. As for the Spell Matrices themselves. It could also be said that they are his personal way of casting spells. Spell Matrices are in essence a focus for casting. They can simplify the complications of spellcasting but at a cost. This cost is the time needed to form one spell matrix for a given spell. However, sense Silverwing himself has before existed in Equestrian history but has asked for his part in history be removed, only the sisters, or Celestia alone, would still remember who and what he is. They would also have the knowledge of his spell matrix spellbooks' location.

@Blitz Boom, @All who it applies,

At this point in time however, Silverwing can be cured of the mana exhaustion. Though, his ability to use magic would require a different approach. To regain his magic, he would technically need to reconnect with the source of his magic. I.E. He would probably need to locate and reclaim one of the other two Matrices. Even if he can't yet remember how to harness the matrix, having it would create the needed connection to reawaken the matrix inside him. This would effectively restore his ability to change forms and awaken his next form which utilizes magic in the form of a equivalent level 5 Mage Knight or equivalent level 5 Duskblade. If ya need more knowledge on the classes themselves which are in essence blanced with their abilities and stuff. I can find and post the links to the classes, for you to browse at your leasure, here. Just say the word.

On the note of the Darklings. They alone would would be the master manipulators and thus try to control as many and as strong as possible beings. However, their limiter is. The fact that they need yo have others already under their thrall in order to command stronger willed beings. They effectively create their own hive mind network and use it as a means to usurp the wills of others, by linking them via spell to their hive mind. Also, they have tovirtually be very powerful to even take the minor cannon background ponies, ex. Vinyl Scratch/Octavia or Lyra Heartstrings or even the stubborn, more main stream, Big Mac. It would take years and hundreds of linked beings for one Darkling to even usurp the stubborn will of the multiple headed hydra.

Cacora's counter, Aka The Lightlings, wouldn't usurp the will of others. They strive to protect that will. And without even realizing it, Cacora started her version of the hive mind Network, Aka the Friendship Cacoons, as a more means of countering attempts by the Darklings to usurp the wills of those originally from Ponyville. So while those cacoons also serve as Cacora's energy reserves and a way for both her to know of their wellbeing or general overall health and her linked friends to know about her general overall health.

Which in essence means all the linked friends of Cacora, just got a bad feeling that Cacora isn't doing very well. They can't tell why she isn't but that something bad has happened to her.

I will make a post about it happening, once I can make my next post.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @Dji

Hoh! Come now there, Lil' Num-Num-ly!

We are Drunklewhees! Beings beyond mortal comprehension! Form given to embody concept & feeling! Quite doubly literal characters! We're not even biological enough to work quite that way. I suppose it'd work more like an infection, the implanting of an idea into a mortal being's consciousness that germinates from there on. Like... oh, some form of possession that the Ancient Ones or various demons do. Or like that Zombie Ant Fungus or those Chest-Burster Aliens!

:angry: You're not helping matters!!!

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

I think it's time to change locations. I've initiated the question for Will Guide to be led out by Alonsus. 

Also, Will Guide is at this point starting out as a blank flank. I'm thinking it'll appear once Will starts remember how much he loves reading fairy tales later on in town. I'm also thinking that the whole Cutie Mark shall appear at once instead of in parts. Don't you agree?