Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Widdershins

I meant the logs. You said Ambie were going to set them and then leave a note in your last post. Have him do that, then we move on. Wagon will be a thing of the next day, with Happy scrounging some things up and ready.

Juat have Ambie move to deliver the goods, and I'll have Happy splitting away for the night. Makes it possible to go to the next day. :)

==================================

@WisePie

Alright, we're gonna have to talk about some restrictions then. Having somepony being able to know eberything about somepony like tgis is a bit much.

And before it comes up: Yes, I have one who can see the potential futures, but he is limited to assume which one are most likely unless he haves a lot of prep time, so it isn't certain which one happens. Also he can't hear the future or see thoughts, plus it's not voluntarily. He's forced to see it all.

Anyway, back to yours. I think that we need to find some sort if limit on this. How do you feel about the mind read being dependant on the strength of mind of the one you're using it on? Say, weak ones are easier to read, and you can gaze into their memories, whilst more strong ones limits you to some thoughts and weak ideas of emotions. Really strong onea or tricky ones being then able to mask their mond completely.

I think that sensing feelings doesn't really fit mindreading either, since that is more of a... Sensory thing than a read? May I suggest that Lance just knows behaviour well, and combined with the thoughts he hears/memories he might see if the being is of a shaky enough mind, he can come with a guess?

Also, you didn't answer if reading minds were something controlable. Like, can it be directed and others tuned out, or is it a constant?

I know this may seem a little like nitpicking, but I'm just trying to make it balanced. :)

@WisePie

Glad that we can come to terms with things mate. ^^ I guess this will be the point where we bring @Maple Bat back now, since it seemed you had one who'd like to write with you there. :)

For my part though, I approve you for the RP for now. ^^ If Maple haven't given a response to this in a day or two, I'll step in and we can figure out what to do from there. :)

@Blitz Boom

I'm here but I didn't necessarily have any sort of Idea to do with do with them. Perhaps I could reset Maple as if she hadn't woken up yet? Or I could just write that she lost the courage to go into Fluttershy's. But I do want @WisePie's Opinion and yours too Blitz

I'm gone for the weekend again, so this was my last response until Monday or Tuesday. Might have a very busy day Monday, so nothing's certain just yet. I'll look forward to return to you all though, and I'll try to keep answering PM's and OOC stuff. :)

=============================

@Maple Bat @WisePie

Likely best that you start from a fresh areival Maple, yes. It will be easier considering things, and will let WisePie learn your char from scratch. :)

Perhaps make it simple then, and just have Lance wander into Maple somewhere? Edge of the forest perhaps? A simplistic start, I know, but you'd be surprised how often keeping it simple in introducting characters to eachother works. :)

Let's hear if there's other siggestions. I'm happy to help in what way I can. ^^

=================================

@Seamore Sandwich

And here I was just thinking you had turned into a zombie. :P

Hehe. Looking forward to seeing you again here mate. Get rested. ^_^

I'm gone for the weekend again, so this was my last response until Monday or Tuesday. Might have a very busy day Monday, so nothing's certain just yet. I'll look forward to return to you all though, and I'll try to keep answering PM's and OOC stuff. :)

=============================

@Maple Bat @WisePie

Likely best that you start from a fresh areival Maple, yes. It will be easier considering things, and will let WisePie learn your char from scratch. :)

Perhaps make it simple then, and just have Lance wander into Maple somewhere? Edge of the forest perhaps? A simplistic start, I know, but you'd be surprised how often keeping it simple in introducting characters to eachother works. :)

Let's hear if there's other siggestions. I'm happy to help in what way I can. ^^

=================================

@Seamore Sandwich

And here I was just thinking you had turned into a zombie. :P

Hehe. Looking forward to seeing you again here mate. Get rested. ^_^

5 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Maple Bat @WisePie

Alright, I agree to that. Probably for the best. I'll let @WisePie Toss some Ideas too but I know what you mean by the forest start being effective.

See ya around for now.

@Widdershins

May I request some temporal distortion on your part?  Since you have a part in the castle of the two sisters with @Moonlitand @Blitz Boom, it would allow me to have Charlie join the group even though he's in an earlier part of the timeline.

(I meant to post this earlier, but I must not have hit Submit).

I'll be posting more at another time.

@Seamore Sandwich Oh, goody! What do you have in mind? I was kind of getting the idea though, that maybe @Blitz Boom & @Moonlit's characters weren't in any shape currently to deal with a peeved, unwelcoming spirit.

Temporal distortion does sound like magic which does seem to fit the bill with my Draconequus, where I'm more than happy to play the part of a catalyst! Do think I need something to go on though, plan-wise. I'm kind of still having trouble wrapping my mind around what Charlie even is...  and trust me, coming from me, that's a huge compliment!

P.S: Oh, and by the by, @Maple Bat? I do remember who you were with, as they happen to be on my friends list too. Haven't heard much of them lately, so I think they abandoned ship about the same time you did. 

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins

I was thinking it might be a good idea to either bring Charlie into the future or bring Moonlit and Ziggy back in time to when Charlie is.  It might be easier to bring them back because there are time sensitive events surrounding Charlie (specifically the body Vivid is working on for them).  They can easily be brought back to the future later, but it would be a lot harder for Vivid to follow if Charlie is brought forward.  Also, to clarify, Charlie was a magical tree which exploded as it was being cut down, becoming a dream spirit and accidentally possessing Briar.  Charlie then got a different perspective of the world and decided they wanted to explore it if possible.  Charlie left Briar and passed on to the Dream Realm, made a deal with Vivid for a body, was possessed by a demon, then became tethered to a stick that used to be a part of them.  In short, Charlie is a dream spirit on a stick.

P.S.  If it wasn't already clear, Charlie is genderless and therefore goes by the "they, them, their" pronouns.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Widdershins

If you can come up with something more chaotic, such as having them be in an alternate universe, by all means, go for it.  We can write it in retroactively to affect Ziggy and Serenade as they originally fell through the floor so that it doesn't interrupt what's already going on.

Or maybe everyone that enters the castle is being brought back in time by about a century?  It could work.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Widdershins @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

It sounds like you have an idea, so who am I to argue against it? I'm in. ^_^

If you want Charlie found where he hides right now, are we to have him be found by Widdershins, or are we going with Widders's ghost (can't remember the name) tossing Cherish through some walls to nick the torch and lure the two living visitors into his trap, then Cherish could hit Charlie.

I'm interested in hearing other ideas on how it'd work, then we can think of an aftermath later. The distortion sounds like it would have some kind of side effect. :)

@Blitz Boom 

@Battenberg

I was thinking it might be fun to bring Penny and Scarcity's investigation to Battenberg's bakery, and the dynamic would be quite interesting.  Penny owns a chocolate shop so she would relate well with Battenberg, and Scarcity has the kind of attitude that can either clash with Victoria or make them good friends depending on how things go.  What do you think?

4 hours ago, Seamore Sandwich said:

I was thinking it might be a good idea to either bring Charlie into the future or bring Moonlit and Ziggy back in time to when Charlie is.  It might be easier to bring them back because there are time sensitive events surrounding Charlie

Muahaha...  Think I've got me a good idea now! Tell y'all what...

@Moonlit, @Blitz Boom & @Seamore Sandwich

I figure, perhaps, since the two mares seem to be on their way out, we can drop the story idea for my Musical Ghost. See, as I say, Widdershins has open portals literally hovering around Ponyville that most can't see. This could mean that our two adventurers could unknowingly wander into a pool of errant Chaos magic on their way out of the castle into the forest (since I position one of my portalholes right outside the Castle of the Two Sisters) this could then lead them to the same "setting" as your planted spirit to enable them to interact without much of me even needing to introduce another character! ...short of any of the parties involved wondering what happened...

..but I do have the Everfree littered with unique species... should one get lost...

The two things I worry about there though is: Placement & Ziggy's wounds.

How far Ziggy & Serenade would need to wander until they chance upon Charlie, I guess I can leave to you, Seamore.

Secondly... well, I hestitate to push a hurt mare all that far... though really, from their view there shouldn't be much happening to them other than a few moments stumbling & some tingling. But I do look forward towards setting up a scene though!

@Widdershins @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

So... We wander outside, to be absorbed into a gate that both transcends time and puts them into the closed off section of the basement where Charlie is? I have to ask then, is the gate a one way ticket? Cause if it is, I might need for Cherish to go a little... Poltergeistery to get them out. No big deal really, though... Heh, no, I will let my brain decide in the moment hor Ziggy will fare through this. :P

Some words on time though: Serenade and Ziggy aren't too far in front of the others. I think... Two or three days? So having them go back will not do much beyond really confuse Princess Luna when they eventually contact her, considering how they have a cure that she never handed over to them in this new timeline. Something to keep in mind Seamore, though I can imagine Moonlit might have something to say too regarding this. I... Might not be correct with the timeline.

Anyway, back to the situation with the portals. I take it perhaps Widders himself will come around then? Things will go... Strange, to say the least. :P Could be interesting though.

===================================

@Seamore Sandwich @Battenberg

You know me Seamore, I'm game for crossing the streams for some fun, though Battenberg should likely know what we're talking about, before making a decision. :)

Basically, Scarcity (antiques dealer) and Penny (Magic candy store owner) found some false bits in circulation, and are going at it for generally tge same reason: To find the forger and stop him/her.

They are in Canterlot at the moment though, talking to an officer who dealt with the forger in the past. Shouldn't be too hard to get them to Manehattan though. Could be they showed up just as our current bakery encounter ends? Not sure how else to prolong it otherwise, though it's up to you Battenberg. We can figure something out otherwise. I will let you know though, that Seamore is a plotting master. Never know what he might plan. :3 Mostly fun.

============================

@Radience

Hey there mate, good to see you again. :)

Last time, we ended with my char leaving yours alone yo do some gambling. What happens next and what I'm to do, will depend kn what you're doing next. ^_^

I just want to let you know that I'll quit this RP for the next few weeks... I just don't have enough time to write texts long enough for a RP right now. Besides, I couldn't really find any motivation the last few weeks... I guess I just need some time and wait 'till I get more time and motivation again.

@Blitz Boom @Seamore Sandwich

Sounds like an interesting idea, would definitely help to extend the encounter out. I'm game. 

I would like to maybe try out one more of my cake based OCs maybe as well. Cupcake Sprinkles is Battenberg's former apprentice and runs her Fillydelphia branch. It could be nice if she paid a visit, maybe a poorly timed visit due to it coinciding with this investigation.

I can hold her off if she'd over complicate things and maybe slot her in a bit later.

It's fine if you think she wouldn't work though, I'm having a lot of fun with Victoria.

Edited by Battenberg

@Battenberg @Seamore Sandwich

Seems fine with another cake OC, but if you wanna focus things more with Vicky and Battenberg, I'd agree that waiting for another time might be beneficial. :)

Also, something Seamore said I forgot to address before. Scarcity might get along with Victoria, though in the way she does with everypony, which is mostly superficial.

Scarcity attempts to bond with those whom she thinks can be of some service to her at a point in the future, or whom she finds interesting for whatever reason, but she haves no friends. That would require her to trust somepony, and that isn't something she can just do.

But hey, could still be something for Victoria. She would likely not know anyway, and Scarcity could find her attitude amusing, considering the mare's clearly meager standing. Victoria in turn might like Scarcity as she is a mare of higher standing who wouldn't immediately look down upon her. Could be a wonky friendship. :3

================================

@Little Snowdrop

A more correct term would be saying you're going into hibernation. Come back when it ends mama bear, okay? We'll still be here, though I can't promise there's any cake left at that point. :P

Sorry I haven't been around this week. I procrastinated, and now I'm having issues with the forums, so it'll likely be a while yet... and now I gotta headache... I just ain't been feeling up to snuff, sorry... hopefully I can soon...