Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

So, uh, To @Blitz Boom and all else whom it may concern, still dealing with my parents in town. Things won't calm down until such time as their gone so... another two days I should guess? Then I can get onto being creative enough to crank something like rp out! Sorry! I don't mean to be so unreliable!

• Brohoof 1

@Dji Sorry about keeping you waiting! They ought to be on their way tomorrow and I should be able to get on it then! I'm just hoping I don't get too far behind!

Gosh... how long has it been?... more then a week? I may need a bit of a refresher, @Blitz Boom, heh...

Think the two mares in the castle are still on their way out before they hit the forest proper. Hopefully @Seamore Sandwich's tree elemental can do something for healing them too!

• Brohoof 1

@7GrandDad

Hey there. I'm sorry it took this long to reply, but it was a bit of a busy weekend. I'm here now though, and seeing your character, I'm thrilled about it. ^_^ You have made a good, solid ponysona with good limits, depth, personality, and even morals. A good character that I'll definitely give an approved mark to the RP. ^_^

Now then, we need to think where to fit you. Ponyville is a bit hectic now with a lot of workers repairing things, and a giant dragon looming over it (so far, not violent) so it might be a bit wonky to just plummet you in without an explanation. Usually I would suggest wandering from one point and towards it, or start an adventure somewhere else and then see if we could push towards this, but considering your OC is an alchemist, perhaps I can add another suggestion.

Basically, the last two days have been crazy, so what if your OC accidentally cracked a sleeping potion in her shop? She wouldn't have known what happened, I can write in that her shop wasn't among the buildings damaged, and we could have her wake up now as it wears off, and the noise from the outside gets her attention. I can also have a character of mine come in and check up on her, as she hadn't been seen in a few days. The char I used could then explain what was needed to yours, and you'd be caught up to things. :)

You don't need to worry about others just yet. We tend to RP in smaller sections here, even if we are within the same town, so it can easily just be a one on one for a time.

As for pairings, I can either make a new, or perhaps one of my current ones would interest you? I have a dozen or so (you can see a list in the google doc under my siggy) but also a few I haven't written down yet. One of them is a potion-maker of sorts too. Poisons mainly though, but she might be a kindred one to speak with if you'd prefer that. I can also work with *gullible idiot test subject* or *concerned friend* or something like that. Your pick really. :)

So, what's it gonna be mate? And again, welcome to the show. ^_^

========================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Looking forward to it mate. ^_^

========================================================================================

@Widdershins

Pretty much where you left off with it mate. kaltrops group is halfway through the forest by now, our one on ones are the same, and as for the castle, they are getting close to the exit. Next page can get it done. :)

=========================================================================================

@Flinp

That's alright mate. ^_^ Frankly, I can't even remember you (I am sorry, but my memory is like a barrel with holes in it) so let's look at your chars with fresh eyes.

Well, your char seems fine, but I'd like to ask a few things. Mainly that you don't spit acid on ponies. I hope that was self explanatory anyway, but just to be sure. :) And for a minor idea, let it take a bit of time eating through, so anypony behind the wall can get out of the way. Think the Xenomorph blood in the Alien franchise.

Beyond that, I can accept him. ^_^ Now for placements... I'm tempted to sic Void on you, as her anti-magic aura would disrupt your disguise, though she is also the sort who wouldn't want to fight. Perhaps somepony to manipulate into thinking better of him and be an ally, yes? Though, keep the part about cocooning ponies in. She wouldn't approve. :P

I can aslso whip up a less moral being for you to play off with. I always did wonder if I should make my deposed changeling queen a char... Hmm, I'll let it be up to you. I'm sure we can work something out. :)

@Blitz Boom Well, All Stingler does is shapeshifting into other ponies and cocooning them only if nescessary. His acid powers can melt through acid, but it would problably only leave bruises in actual pony skin. Except if he bites, of course.

Stingler is still loyal to Chrysalis (number #1 reason why he didn't metamorph yet) but your idea of the chrysalis queen sounds pretty cool.

Thanks for the compliments!  I thought I would try building a character that would be more morally ambiguous than your average normally-idealistic character.

I'm currently playing Dungeons and Dragons at a friend's house, but I'll try to get my post up tonight, or if this session goes on a little too long then I will try to post next afternoon.

@7GrandDad

I like the enthusiasm, but we still need to talk about how to proceed with you. As mentioned earlier, I had some suggestions, but I can't respond to you or know the best setting if I don't know how you wish to attack this, so to speak. :) I can make the character to respond to you with a surprise, no worries, but I need to know the setting. It helps determine also if you're mingling into how things are in town, or going off somewhere else. :)

==========================================================================================

Alright, sounds grand. :) And no worries, I didn't want to offer you to her as your queen. Though if yours are a Chrysalis loyalist, they'd likely know one another. She lost a battle of hives to Chrysalis prior to the attack on Canterlot, and as a result, forfeited herself and her entire hive to Chrysalis' service. When she lost a good chunk of her hive and her home to King Thorax, the former queen here left her. She is under the impression that Chrysalis have proven herself to be too weak to lead anypony anymore. Could be a bit of tension. :)

Anyway, sounds like we have a candidate there for somepony to use with you. I'll see if I can make a character in one of the creators tomorrow after work, and then I'll have Onache ready. Have you thought about the setting to write in? I assume Ponyville, but wit the current events going on, may I suggest that your character have been away from the town for a few days (Let's say he went off to answer the call of Chrysalis) and comes back to all the weirdness going on. I can guide things from there with NPC's and such to make sure he gets some basic knowledge of what happened in his absence. :3

@Blitz Boom Alright. Stingler actually does lives in Ponyville now, in a fake pony-looking form. Considering that Stingler isn't fully loyal to Chrysalis, his interaction with another queen would be really intresting. So do I start RPyng with Stingler coming back to Ponyville?

Also, keep in mind I will be re-working my other characters and add them in. Not sure how though.

Edited by Flinp

Apologies for that.  As you mentioned, we can run the scenario where Elixir had been asleep thanks to a sleep potion spilling out of crack on a bottle in which it was contained (which I imagine she would be very unhappy about).  As for interactions, I can definitely make her go outside to see what is going on after I dedicate a sentence or two describing Elixir cleaning up the mess.

@7GrandDad

Neat. ^_^ We're game then. I'll look forward to replying to what you're tossing about. :)

=========================================================================

@Flinp

Sounds like we're good to go too. :) Have him come to town, and we'll take it from there.

As for your reworks, just pass 'em through here when you think they're ready, and we'll see what we can do with them. :)

=======================================================================

@The Resident Brony

Hello there mate. :)

Lemme just go over your char real quick, and we can get on to it: Seems fine, though mind if I ask how well his magical abilities are, and what potential weaknesses he haves? Trust me, you don't want a character without flaws. They get one-dimensional and boring. :)

An example of what you could do were to - for example - put a time limit on his battle prowess, make him susceptible to illusions, somewhat gullible, or have allergies to things that can be flung or wandered into. Just stuff off the top of my head, but I'm sure we can figure out something that will be to your taste. ^_^

As for the general angle, I need to inform you that there is already characters in this RP that are leading the Night Guard and the Solar Guard (Coast guard too eventually, but all in due time). You don't need to worry though, as I already have a fool-proof plan on how to make everything fit: Your OC as you said, is a war hero, yes? Simply speaking then, he could well have been in charge of the combined armies of the guards 7 years back, and have the other general advise him from the sidelines. They would be able to see reason in having a prominent figure in front to lift up the spirits of everypony, and to have an impartial figure in the lead of the three different kinds who might have their own plans on how to proceed.

If so, an angle could be that you went to speak with one of the generals. Perhaps wanting to see old friends, settle old debts, or you know, visited a town and they bumped into one another. Several ways to go at it, but one thing at a time. Let's get your character through the full process first, and then we'll go and have you set for the actual RP itself. ^_^

As for the rules, I don't know where they are, but in general, just follow a few simple guidelines and you'll be fine. Obvious stuff like No descriptive violence or torture (this is a kids show land after all, though fighting and speaking of death is allowed) No adult stuff mingled in, no real swearing (alternatives like *Bite me royally* is still fine far as I know though, as it isn't technically swearing) and don't godmod.

In case you are unaware what godmodding is, it is when you take control of actions done by other players characters. Say for example "(OC) tossed (other OC) into a wall and broke his left leg" is not okay, as it controls actions. Same with thoughts, such as "(Other OC) is talking about a war. A war of all things. WHy should he listen to this, or his thoughts on what he had done?". Believe me, noone wants their chars to get dangled along. I'll make sure to help point out a few things if I see it to help. ^^

Good alternatves by the way, is leading things a little like "(OC) would attempt to pick him up, and if so, would toss him against a wall. Had to be one quick pony to not get caught by him however" Means that your target likely will get caught and tossed, but you have allowed space for a reaction from the real owner of the other character. :)

As for how RP works, it's pretty easy really. You can see some examples on the main thread (link in the first page of the OOC, just in case) and each have their own way of doing it. Me? I mostly go with less actual talk, and more internal dialogue. Fills pages nicely, and gives some information about your character, even if the characters in the RP itself doesn't hear it. Believe me, having the authors feel a bit connected with somepony, helps to make your experiences more fun, and catches the eye better. :)

Does this answer your questions?

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@7GrandDad

Neat. ^_^ We're game then. I'll look forward to replying to what you're tossing about. :)

=========================================================================

@Flinp

Sounds like we're good to go too. :) Have him come to town, and we'll take it from there.

As for your reworks, just pass 'em through here when you think they're ready, and we'll see what we can do with them. :)

@The Resident Brony

Hello there mate. :)

Lemme just go over your char real quick, and we can get on to it: Seems fine, though mind if I ask how well his magical abilities are, and what potential weaknesses he haves? Trust me, you don't want a character without flaws. They get one-dimensional and boring. :)

An example of what you could do were to - for example - put a time limit on his battle prowess, make him susceptible to illusions, somewhat gullible, or have allergies to things that can be flung or wandered into. Just stuff off the top of my head, but I'm sure we can figure out something that will be to your taste. ^_^

As for the general angle, I need to inform you that there is already characters in this RP that are leading the Night Guard and the Solar Guard (Coast guard too eventually, but all in due time). You don't need to worry though, as I already have a fool-proof plan on how to make everything fit: Your OC as you said, is a war hero, yes? Simply speaking then, he could well have been in charge of the combined armies of the guards 7 years back, and have the other general advise him from the sidelines. They would be able to see reason in having a prominent figure in front to lift up the spirits of everypony, and to have an impartial figure in the lead of the three different kinds who might have their own plans on how to proceed.

If so, an angle could be that you went to speak with one of the generals. Perhaps wanting to see old friends, settle old debts, or you know, visited a town and they bumped into one another. Several ways to go at it, but one thing at a time. Let's get your character through the full process first, and then we'll go and have you set for the actual RP itself. ^_^

As for the rules, I don't know where they are, but in general, just follow a few simple guidelines and you'll be fine. Obvious stuff like No descriptive violence or torture (this is a kids show land after all, though fighting and speaking of death is allowed) No adult stuff mingled in, no real swearing (alternatives like *Bite me royally* is still fine far as I know though, as it isn't technically swearing) and don't godmod.

In case you are unaware what godmodding is, it is when you take control of actions done by other players characters. Say for example "(OC) tossed (other OC) into a wall and broke his left leg" is not okay, as it controls actions. Same with thoughts, such as "(Other OC) is talking about a war. A war of all things. WHy should he listen to this, or his thoughts on what he had done?". Believe me, noone wants their chars to get dangled along. I'll make sure to help point out a few things if I see it to help. ^^

Good alternatves by the way, is leading things a little like "(OC) would attempt to pick him up, and if so, would toss him against a wall. Had to be one quick pony to not get caught by him however" Means that your target likely will get caught and tossed, but you have allowed space for a reaction from the real owner of the other character. :)

As for how RP works, it's pretty easy really. You can see some examples on the main thread (link in the first page of the OOC, just in case) and each have their own way of doing it. Me? I mostly go with less actual talk, and more internal dialogue. Fills pages nicely, and gives some information about your character, even if the characters in the RP itself doesn't hear it. Believe me, having the authors feel a bit connected with somepony, helps to make your experiences more fun, and catches the eye better. :)

Does this answer your questions?

thanks m8. that means i have to focus more on developing my character. gonna go get right on that

hey Blitz, can u check out my character again?

I would like u to see if there is anything u think i should change.

and i have already thought of a kind of scenario where my character could be introduced. either stumbles into Ponyville practically halfdead, or in some sort of battle scene

Edited by The Resident Brony

@The Resident Brony

Alright, I had a look over your char again, and it is good that there is some improvements, though I do have two things I'd like to bite note in. Not the speed thing for thirty seconds that leaves him drained though, as that seems an acceptable limit, just in advance. :) Though for a suggestion, just go with it being 30 seconds and he's drained afterwards, and above that, it starts to go erratic and stuff, with him needing at least a day between to recharge normally. Makes every second precious,and overindulgence harmful to himself, plus a cooldown tends to be worthwhile.

The first thing is the age and military. Considering the size ponies are when they're foals, I can't believe that a 9 or 12 year old would be able to convince the entire military, and the princesses, that he were actually 18 years old. My suggestion would be to add around 5 years to his age and time before he got into military school, and enlisted, as lying away a few years isn't so bad, and then say the insurgence was 4 years ago. That way he would have had time to actually climb ranks and impress the generals and other officers, and be considered a war hero that others could look up to.

Oh right, while I remember it. Considering that Equestria is seen as a rather calm country most of the time, I assume that by war hero you mean your character have been sent to help with monster attacks in parts of Equestria, and other countries that they're allied with, yes? Equestria isn't the sort who invades places after all. :)

Anyway, second one is that I'd like some more clarification on his other powers. You say he uses a special fighting technique that does not involve harming others? By that do you mean that your character is mostly the kind who defends others, as that would make sense enough (No problem with the technique, as really, blocking attacks and getting a few in is known in several real fighting styles) and could be an interesting choice all things considered.

I would suggest perhaps that you don't think of him as unmatched in physical combat however, as again, being Superman is boring. :P Just go with him being one of the best. That way, you can have him take a hit now and again without compromising things,a nd still have him as a good one physically.

Anyway, moving on to the magic part of things, you say he can conjure some spells like lightning, yes? That one seems okay, long as somepony isn't fried, though for a bit of extra fun, have some flair and say his lightning is blue. Come on, have some fun with it. :P

Alright alright, I'll get to the real point about his magic. You write he can conjure shields to block general magic and weaponry, saving place for heavy magic and special weapons, yes? What then confuses me is what is the walkaround, where you say that attacks within the shield isn't blocked as easily, but then mention a long range attack as an example? Do you mean that if a spell is cast to begin from behind the shield - let's say a telekinetic attack - it won't work, but going straight on with like a tossed fireball is unlikely to work? I could find that balanced enough if it were, but I just need to make sure. :)

@Flinp

I'd say yes. After the attacks in town two days prior (in game time. More like a year in real life time) there is a good deal of focus on rebuilding things now. There is large dragon controlled by @dragon4111 there too, overseeing things from above (I think he's standing in an open space, like a square of some kind, for now) and he have brought in some workers of random races to help rebuild town. Him and the forepony are not getting along too well though.

@Flinp

Minor update to you. I got done creating a pony for you. This here is Queen Onache, also in changeling circles known as the Slaver Queen.

eqXLHnw.png

I won't spoil too much, but she is generally speaking not a nice being, and the only reason Chrysalis ever wanted her, were that her hive had a small, but strong amount of drones, and that Onache's cruelty were well served in training those who were worth her time for an invasion.

And yes, this is her disguise. I haven't found a creator program for changelings, so I have to work with this angle. :)

@Seamore Sandwich

I figured it was a setup for the whole *walking through a draconequus gate* thing that Serenade, Ziggy and Moonlit were going to do. You know, the one who sends them back in time a few days, to when he's there. We're almost through the front gate, at which point we should (If I remember @Widdershins right) walk into it and end down in the closed off section Charlie is in, in the timeline he is. Hence, we can hear him then. :)

I thought this was the whole debacle a week ago at least. Did I misunderstand something again? :(