Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I thought this was the whole debacle a week ago at least.

H-heh... I-it's already been two w-weeks?... S-sorry... that's kinda the problem with me sometimes. I start thinking too much about things to where I never get around to actually doing them! H-heh... sorry...       /flop sweat

@Seamore Sandwich, @Blitz Boom &  @Moonlit :

That's what I was planning. Was basically thinking that yours was outside the castle in the forest, in a literal seperate continuity, so I was just waiting for Serenade, the ghost companion and... Zippy to step hooves off of castle grounds first.I do suppose I can just toss out my scene description ahead of time anyway for when they get there. The abandoned portal hole lies a bit to the left of the path up to the castle between two bent trees & is typically unseeable & uninteractable with & a bit far off the path for anypony to just stumble into if they weren't looking for it to begin with. 

Basically... been waiting for Blitz-Moon's storyline to catch up a bit before I spring my trap. Of sorts. I do suppose in breeching of continuity like this, simultaneous posting is less important than sequence of events. Like, I do think perhaps you can forget about it for now, Seamore, until such a time as I foist them upon thee.

Speaking of catching up storylines...

@Blitz Boom ? I...I'm still a bit lost as what to do with Ambie...

You said Ambie were going to set them and then leave a note in your last post. Have him do that, then we move on.

Because I meant...  ....like, cart first, carry the logs over there to their proper delivery place, then set a note on top for the stallion that's supposed to receive them so we don't wake Mr. Rich up? I kind of figured a dolly would be easy enough to find. In the places I've lived I'm used to there always being some rickety old set of wooden wheels laying about propped up to pretty much every junkyard or workshop. It wouldn't be so much stealing, as they do seem to be common enough to where nobeing would mind if one went missing for the night and I don't see myself making the character just go "Oh, look! There's one!" then proudly showing it to Happy Hour then.

Last couple of posts have kind of felt like pondering about how to do it rather then telling a story. I know you said you don't wanna make me do anything, but I'm kinda stuck here? I don't know too much about improvising or logistics!

H-heh~ m-maybe its a mistake to rp as your ponysona...

And, for a third note: How did you get to Benny, @Dji ?

Far as I can tell, he's never yet been near Ponyville and that was the last place you were? I must have jumped a gap in the story there?

N-not that I'm jealous or anything...   ...of you meeting a dragon before I have! I know likely that you're aiming to progress the whole Disharmony storyline, which should probably mean I get Kaltrop in the same direction you are, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon with @Lloyd 's evolving story?

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

We're almost through the forest. I'll have them arrive in Ponyville in the next post to make sure we get a meeting between those that have to. Hakuna your tatas. :P

As for the story, I can have them be diverted a bit after the exit the castle I guess. I had thought he weird magic thing would be right outside, so they stepped right into it, but apparently I remembered wrong. Shouldn't be too hard with a small discourse... Say, finally using some of the Timberwolves the forest haves to steer thema bit away. Serenade will likely handle them somehow, but I could still see them being turned around or having Ziggy try to get to safety, just to fall through the portal and have Serenade track her down afterwards. We'll get it done one way or another. :D

In regards to Ambie, I mean it as I said it. Just have your next post with Ambie go something like *(said stuff) and they were on their way. Delivering the logs would be no problem, and hopefully the note he left wouldn't have blown away during the night. Even if it did though, they should know who this were from, so he could ease his mind, say goodnight to Happy, and go back home now and rest. He had deserved a good night's rest after this day.* And then I'll have my next post with happy being the day after. Not too hard hombre. ^^

And as @Dji said, Benny was in town, and his character met him. It was rather brief though, and most she knows of him comes from those few minutes and the things Pop had let slip. Might seem like it was a little weird, but I didn't know that Dawn would be out with the group that had come for Warlock when I put Benny in town, and when she did, I eyed an opportunity to test her friendship with Pop a little,and see how she'd do being face to face with a dragon, instead of just talking about them. :P Sometimes, it's the little things that makes it fun.

=======================================================================

@Widdershins

Right, another thing with Ambie, just in case you run out of ways to proceed there again the day after: Take note of how the RP goes with @Flinp as he is after all going to interact with Happy's queen. Could be something if you run dead, and Flinp feels like mixing and matching. All kinds of bug pony fun for the whole family. ^_^

==========================================================================================

@dragon4111

I wouldn't suggest it. She's sinewy, and she'd use her sword to cut herself out on the way down and just go mental in his mouth. Like Pop Rocks, but more slashy and stabby. ^_^

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

So did I do alright there, Boom Sempai? 

I figure that's the big point of roleplaying, right? To provide enough room for others to respond too? I can't just have him find the tool, load the wood, dump it off at the house himself and head in for the night without a further nod to your own character... but I do gotta take action too, right?

Oh, and to B.B, @Moonlit & @Seamore Sandwich:

I don't intend for that portal-hole to be visible. I intend for it to sort of affect passersby like a side-effect from a lingering aura. Because really, if I just had some massive glowing rip in reality & space & time laying around for all to see, then what poor sap would willingly walk into it, and sure as a cinch would some enterprising wizard look into it. I don't want your already injured party to be chased into it, sort of just expected to latch onto them as they left the castle without them knowing much more then an odd tingle... and mess with them that way! Really, they ought have results far more random & wide-ranging then that, as they are supposed to be pretty much pools of random, Deus sans machinima and literal plot holes.    ...but I feel creepy using that last phrase in context of this franchise.

@Flinp

Three words: Random, unnamed NPC. Might as well use them as snacks. :)

Remember that you need to be cautious though. Might be the NPC's are expendable, but the town is watched over by a huge dragon and swarming with workers, plus there are guards there too. You need to think or I'll have the guards grab you. This will be funny. :3

=================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit @Widdershins

To be fair, it was already night though, so it will more be like the stars or something standing slightly differently. And yes Serenade is likely the only one to notice. Cherish doesn't look at that sort so much, and Ziggy.. Well, let's just say that the man-handling she's going through right now is not going to affect her leg in a positive way. Her focus will not be on the sky.

Though... Weren't we going inside from the portal shifting them back in time? You know, to the place in the castle where Charlie and his stick is being stored currently? Which reminds me, I forgot to ask: How is he yelling when he's a stick? I didn't think his spirit bulb thing was too audible, or have I missed something?

===================================================================================

@Widdershins

Aye, you did fine with Ambie. I'll have Happy give a small message back and then have him bugger off for a safe space where he can sleep. He'll end up being mighty morning cranky though, but that's (hopefully) not your issue. :P Or is it? Muahahaha!!!

And no worries, Cherish and Ziggy didn't see the dimension hole. Cherish just forced them one way and they passed through it pretty much... Well, between posts. Serenade won't be able to see them and they're currently about to land confused in the past, inside the castle once more. The plans are proceeding as intended, though with a bit of an extra... Shall we say *incentive* to get out of the castle somewhat fast. :P

• Brohoof 1

Gonna have a category 3 or 4 hurricane pass over/near where I live in Florida today, so I'm probably going to lose power at the very least.. Not sure how long I'll be offline, but hopefully not too long. Soon as I can, I'll post a status update and try to be posting on here and everything too :) 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Shineling said:

Gonna have a category 3 or 4 hurricane pass over/near where I live in Florida today, so I'm probably going to lose power at the very least.. Not sure how long I'll be offline, but hopefully not too long. Soon as I can, I'll post a status update and try to be posting on here and everything too :) 

STAWP DOWNPLAYIN', SHINIE!!! 

"Eh, we're getting a massive hurricane out here, but I'll make sure to post back to you guys on here if I can make it back to my computor while my house is whirling through the air and a twelve-foot rebar pole through my head. Don't worry, I've lived through worse."

You're darn lucky you have wings!

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

Well, let's just say that the man-handling she's going through right now

*Mare-Handling.   Works much better that way. Though... can we say handles if hands aren't a thing in this dimension...?

Well, you do drop me a hint when your party progresses to the oblong arbor I have previously expounded upon. Maybe I'll toss in a few lines as you go through to your destination of... actually, @Seamore Sandwich, are you actually aiming to be inside the castle? I had read that your tree elemental spirit was "planted" so I kind of assumed it would be outside in the forest & unattended. On the bright side! I'm sure a tree spirit can do at least something to ease the pain of a busted hoof or @Moonlit's "disguise" potion's after-effects!

To add on too, was thinking I've got a creature stranded in the Everfree that serves as an antithesis & suitable predator to the Timberwolves, should anything get too troubling in that encounter battle.

@Widdershins

I knew I could count on you to help me with the puns. You're like a less flaming version of Hades from the Hercules cartoon. :)

And I can assure  you that they are inside the castle, and in a closed off section. Vivid put him there because she is too paranoid to think of just letting him stick somewhere in the open. She haves a contract with him after all, and she intends to fulfill it.

As for the Timberwolves... I doubt you'll need to be concerned for them. Siren X-Factor is on, and they have a front seat. :3

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

@Moonlit

@Widdershins

Charlie is basically like a ghost possessing a stick.  They are attached to the stick at all times, but can manifest themself in a non corporeal form of their choice.  They can't move anything though, which is why they still need a body (there's no telling how long the stick will be able to contain Charlie before the soul returns to the Realm of Dreams).

• Brohoof 1

To All whom feel curious:

You know what, how is it spelled anyhow?  Pegasus? Pegusus? Pegasai? Pegusai? Pegasuses?...

Also, what do y'all think? Do names ending with an S sound a bit weird when you have to make it possessive? Like, 'Widdershins's" I like, and am sticking with, but I really don't like having to do 'Kaltrops's.' I can certainly make his name just the same with that last S lopped off, but that last S in WiddershinS is pretty imperative I say.

Also also, I am now doing an asterisk footnote thing. It's stupid & unwieldy, but it reminds me of the Bartimeaus Trilogy (Quartet? Pretty sure they made a fourth...) and now I love it.

So, @Blitz Boom? A few things.

We still going ahead with hauling in my headcannon on what Ambie's parents are like? Admittedly, I've got more of a bead on their characters rather than how Ambie ought react to them after pretty much running away from home. When do you want it to happen that they come into town unannounced? Same day as today or wait another day? I can work either.

Oh, was thinking too that the notion of a positive dragon-pony relationship should come as a real eye-opener to Kaltrop should he ever have to meet Benny & The Pops. 

@Widdershins

I think most people just put an apostrophe at the end after the S and just leave it that.

@Blitz Boom & @Lloyd

Oh, I don't think I got an answer about Dawn Streak manipulating air a lot more than most Pegasi when she discovers she's a Disharmony element. Things like turning into air, creating tornadoes and the like. If not, I can tone it down or just not have it at all.

I apologize in advance for late and short replies on this post, as well as a lack of color in the RP post (hope it's readable) but I had a busy few days, and tgen today I got new PC parts and in the battle of trying to find out why it keeps freezing, won't recognize the GPU and sqid GPU fans aren't blowing... Let's just say I had a horrible day, and likely will tomorrow as well because of the new PC parts.

Sometimes, being tech-stupid really bites. :)

Anyway, enough rambling. Responses to my minions!

===============================

@Seamore Sandwich

Understood chief. So that's a kinda squirrel,  two talkative spirits, a siren looking for three beings, a mare with four bad wounds-

And a draconequus in a peeeear treeeeeee.

Somehow, I feel like I should be ashamed of myself right now, but I'm really not. :P Actually kind of proud.

====================================

@Widdershins

Pegasus if its a specific one, and pegasi if you mean several or wanna be clinical about the race. ^^

And yes, names ending with an S sounds weird, but eh, what're ya gonna do about it? Names like Kaltrops and Widdershins wouldn't work without a little something sssssssspecial.

I found your headcanon of the parents interesting, but they're yours, so change to make it fit what you want instead if it is. Ambie could have lied after all. :)

How and when I leave up to you as well. Ought to be interesting to see when you suddenly have them show up. Plus, means you can pick a really awkward moment and have a laugh. :P Always nice.

Interesting idea about Benny and Pop. He is over at her atore seeing her now, but it shouldn't be too far away. If you make him react a little loudly, they might hear you and come rushing. :3

==================================

@Lloyd @Dji

I like the air aspect, but she was going to be depression, right? How about having tge storms be affected by her mood? Like weather manipation. Usually dreadful, rainy clouds follow her, but anger goes to storms, sadness gets to more rain, hatred thunderclouds, joy sunshine, that sort of thing. Uncontrolable, and the rainy clouds would fit depression. :3

=================================

@Flinp

You just go ahead and pick yourself a victim. Me? I'll juggle whatever I found you did it covertly enough to not be caught. :P

What happens from there is gonna be fun.

Well, for me at least. :D

(Relax, I won't be too unfair. Might even toss you a bone)

• Brohoof 3

I'll have you know that is a Pancake Tree. Mind you, those pancakes on the tree are pear-flavored, but that's parallel point here.

@Blitz Boom                                          (You'd think the recent forum downtime would have done something for fixing the Mention issues... among others...)

You know, I'm somewhat half-inclined to tempt god-mod and pull/narratively direct @Moonlight into my aura-ish Portal Hole. Like, really, its only meant to be there as a rough scene transition so unlike most things Widdershins, its not supposed to be jarring. 

So, with an A. Got it. Welding that into the memory banks now!

LIED?!!? gASPING NOISE! Bosh on you Boss B.B! Perish the thought! Ambie is a ponysona & author-self-insert! He's basically the golden boy of the OC pile that cannot do wrong!

I smell a hint of jealous there...     I AM A SPRT THAT DONE TRANSCENDED BEYOND SUCH PETTY CONCERRRRNS!

Well, basically my only lynchpin there is that I want somepony to meet them at the rail station when they come. But I suppose I fully trust you, B.B to furnish one if it should come to that.

And... I dunno... I would think a grumpy drake landing on his head oughta cause enough of a ruckus, we'll have to see there! :smug:

@Dji  & @Lloyd

Well, while frankly I'm kind of hoping the story there doesn't turn too actiony there as I've got worries about my capabilities there. I don't fully agree with Elements granting powers. I mean, for one: Shouldn't a pegasus already have noticeable control over weather? Sure, maybe enhance it, but something like an Air Slash with their wings despite that not being a thing with real life wings still seems reasonable enough for any pegasus.

Two: Eh~ We haven't really seen the show's Elements do anything other than a lazer beam and even then only with them all collected. Shouldn't really make the evil versions more powerful then the regular ones, right? 

Three: Well... Let me put it this way. What would my Elementbearer of Cruelty get then? I can't think of anything particularly symbolic of that and not say, Rage or War. And do you really want to give added powers to an already anti-social & grumpy teen dragon?

I can see maybe adding onto abilities already there, like sort of ranking up spells. From firebreath into a sorta Flame Charge (Look, my past experiences with magic are either Warcraft or Pokemon. Gimmie some slack here, lol!) But, I mean, if its a sort of ability they could have just smited the Harmony Bearers with, then we'd have a hard time explaining how they ever got lost, banished or destroyed in the first place. Anti-Tank Turrets don't strike me as something you could just hide in the upstairs crawlspace for a few decades for the next renters to find.

If we're telling a story (and if I maybe sound like a Prick here with being too picky, then maybe that's why...) then there ought to be less of a focus on who gets what & better powers rather then telling the story of how they cope with the new responsibility or change. Though... having said that, Dragonball was pretty successful what with constant power leveling. So I'm not saying a definate no-go to anything here.

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom Alright, what about...these two?

640?cb=20120423021703

If Stingler sees them together, he will either trap Lucky Clover or Wild Fire and take their identity. Other users could fit in either through one of your OC's anti-disguise magic, noticing disguised Stingler's out-of-character behavior for the pony that he is posing as or they could find one of them trapped in a cocoon somewhere.

Edited by Flinp

@Flinp

You know, when I say NPC, it doesn't mean it have to be canons from the show. :P Vaguely described pony will do too if it is, just for future reference. :)

As for your idea, I'll say to try them, but be careful about your approach. As mentioned, lots of witnesses in town currently, so ya need to think it through. In what ways and how I might go is not something I will divulge, as I wanna see if you can do things safely enough without knowing the direction I might take.

Begin your attempt, and let's see how it goes.

=================================

@Widdershins

Eh, I just teied to.play along with @Dji's request, not stay true to things currently. I do agree it makes sense that it just enhancea what the wearer represents, but again, I try to be workable at times. I'll let you and Dji sort things, unless @Lloyd comes in and shares his headcanon about this to add to the conversation.

And you're not landing on Benny's head. He's currently at Pop's place, not in the street. Have patience, and either be loud, or say the landing caused a lot of noise. Either way works. :P

What else... Oh right, why do you think I implied you've lied? I reread my last correspondance, and it doesn't look like I've been doing that.  At least not as far as I can see.

• Brohoof 1