Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Do you suppose many rpers are in Canterlot/close to the Canterlot archives right now? Since the explosion is one of those "heard around the world" things, except with Canterlot instead of all of Equestria. :P

I'll edit them into my post if any are. Since I already made it.

@Blitz Boom Geez, poor thing. You always have something exploding in your life, don't you? I wouldn't blame you for taking a hiatus! Heh, least the last hullabaloo was just family over the holidays!

Oh, but when I say Widdershins is dead, I really do mean it. More so then the spirit Discord may refer to himself as, Widdy is more literal spirit than anything else. As time is a dimension that is a fair bit finicky with him, he is fully capable of being paradoxically in the same place twice. Though I am trying my darndest not to have him munching popcorn as he watches his own demise.

...besides... didn't say it would be him. In so many words.

Oh! My! Gosh! That's Circle Pop?! She's adorable! Maybe it was the text color but I had her pegged as an old, hooded, Zecora-esque crone! Cause I imagine it takes quite awhile to be in a committed relationship with a drake!  ...though... now I have lurid mental scenes of her being with her drake boyfriend.... No! You pervs! I just happen to consider kissing lurid, is all! Baka!

Though, ironically enough, we don't consider implanting parasitic lifeforms inside hosts to be "lurid." And that's if we're even using the word right!

Oh! Remember now! Basically, I just need Billowing Smoke to investigate his charred remains, maybe give it an inquisitive kick to see that he's ash all the way though, and I can take it from there. Anywhere's else I don't intend to linger for too long. What I do worry about with a dream sequence with @~Phoenix~ is that it would keep her asleep for too long.

...huh, do sort of suppose Widdershins is kind of close to being a demon himself. But then again, demons have had so many retellings as to what they are.

...kinda debating if I shouldn't use my drake OC for the Element of Cruelty instead of the pirate captain. Though I don't know how he'd get involved into that, it'd likely be notably less dramatic... that is, if we're still doing that.

6 hours ago, Widdershins said:

land of consciousness now! All of Time & Space! Everywhere & Nowhere! Every thought that ever was! Where do you want to start?...

i swear it's like i'm watching an episode of doctor who

anywho, it's nice to have a good visual, because that was a bit of a wordy description. 

• Brohoof 1

@~Phoenix~ Well, I do like to think I paint a pretty picture with words.  ...also helps I have a few Doctor quotes in a book behind me.

Be glad we didn't go with the Kabuki dragon!

Though I do mean Widdershins's ponyform to be a bit more white & stately then the cute form there. It might prove a bit of an awkward question for him if you were to ask what the original idea of where he got the idea to make this form from was. Sufficed to say, if you know enough of pony fanart, there's another notable tall, white unicorn with pink hair.

But anyway, think this dream sequence might prove good to work though any issues Phoenix might want to deal with. Because, let's face it, issues are the gist of your character, right? Maybe Widdy isn't the first to confide in about things but... well, he has experience in working though mental issues. Clearly.

@Dji   Eh, don't worry your pretty little, incredibly-detailed headshot over it. Way I put it is that basically something small whirred past for a bit and left a very tiny, easily ignorable, shiny bolt behind.  A reaction, sure, but it's up to you if that bolt means anything.

• Brohoof 1

Managed to scrape enough time together to answer posts finally. I'll have to wait until tomorrow when my dad's going to get checked up on to write here in the OOC. See you then, and worry not @Contrast I have seen you, just need the time to get everything sorted here, though i can makee you a quick comment here and say that we would like to see which character to you wish to join at. Some story, age, appearance, basic stuff. :)

(edited)

@Blitz Boom Sure! I like to join as Witty Thought.

Appearance: 

Spoiler

Witty thought.png

Story (the really short version): She was the black sheep in a family filled with some rather ingenious ponies. After an incident, she discovered that her mind wasn't as dull as everyone thought it was. She began to write and draw, the latter eventually leading to her first blueprint. Ever since then, she went on to become a great inventor.

Other info: 

-usually owns a junk shop called the Lost and Found

-has a bit of a memory problem.

-Keeps a small journal for blueprints and recording her day.

-overconfident... which often leads to a failed invention.

Edited by Contrast

@Contrast

Looks good to me. Approved. ^_^ look forward to when I'll shove my own inventors your way eventually. They're slightly crazy, and one of them makes bombs in the forest. :3

Reminds me, where is the shop set up? Edge of Ponyville, Canterlot, or somewhere else?

After that, how would you like to proceed? Starting at your shop in tge morning perhaps? Or would you rather wander around town late at night and run into all the crazy going on?

=======================

@Dji

You can calm your mind. I got you covered for now. :P

========================

@Lloyd

For the time being, the only RP'ers in Canterlot are us, and @Seamore Sandwich, and I don't currently think that Seamore and I are within the same time as what we're running. :) Might be, but I'm not sure.

=======================

@EQ_Theta

Alright. I'll edit in the front page of the OOC later to stake your ownership into Flutters then. :)

======================

@Widdershins

I'll edit in the last post I made to make it more along how Smokey pokes Widdershins then. Didn't see the OOC post before I moved it along.

As for Circle Pop, I had no idea what she looked like when I started.  I just went with a base, went through manes, and thought that one looked different from those I had used thus far and rolled with it.

Oh trust me, her and Benny wandering around is gonna be quite the sight, but I still have a good deal of setup to get that done. Plus I need to look around for a dragon creator. Might be easier than usual since Benny prefers to wander around like a quadruped.

As for parasitic lifeforms, i refer you back to the facehugger. :P Be thankful that you're currently too dead to have an egg forced down your throat. ^_^

@Blitz Boom   Ooh!

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Create-a-Dragon-Flash-2-0-191685557

Huh!  NEEEEERD!     Hey now, you're technically a dragon too!

Found that while pondering about Kaltrop. Didn't save anything though, and i'm not sure how to.

Oh, and was going to say you could very well just save Widdershins until "morning" since he doesn't need to sleep.

Oh, and that thing that flew by Pop & uhhh... @Dji wasn't an "electric ball" maybe I was wrong to do its description later when it finally stopped. Though... yeeess, kind of a new character, a periphery attachment to Widdershins, essentially his butler/unwilling friend and creation. V.I.A.B should be essentially gone now and only with the phoenix now, but he does leave a somewhat sturdy trail of metal extensions behind him soooo... something somepony might accidentally walk into, lol! You'll find him more level-headed ... even if he lacks a head.  I don't have a sheet for him because... well he's not technically a character... or a whole being, myeh...

Ah, might be a bit late on my replies, I'm going to start trying to manage my time a bit better, but... considering how its now one in the morn' and my comp is lagging  something fierce right now... we'll burn that bridge when we cross it!

Oh, and @~Phoenix~? Forget if I've brought this up already, quite sleepy now,  but I intend to take your character on a bit of a self-discovery, if that's alright with you. I figure talking about that whole... self -identity issue is something you'd like to cover?

25 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Looks good to me. Approved. ^_^ look forward to when I'll shove my own inventors your way eventually. They're slightly crazy, and one of them makes bombs in the forest. :3

Reminds me, where is the shop set up? Edge of Ponyville, Canterlot, or somewhere else?

After that, how would you like to proceed? Starting at your shop in tge morning perhaps? Or would you rather wander around town late at night and run into all the crazy going on?

:love: They would get a long great... or possibly blow each other up on accident. Who can know for sure? As for the shops location, it's usually located on the edge of Ponyville or Baltemare. Honestly, it can be anywhere though, just tell me you think the best fit would be in this rp. I'd also like to start in the shop. I don't mind waiting until mourning if something is going on. 

@Widdershins

It's actually pretty simple to save. Just press print screen on your keyboard, then go into Paint or something similar, insert the image, and then edit. it will show the entire site, so you'll need to cut, but it'll work. :) Also, I did go over that program earlier, and I think I have something that'll do for Benny.

rAUPBLb.png

I figured it made sense for him to have armor considering he's the gear-smith, though he doesn't wear it constantly. Just in case there's a gathering where he should be dressed up, or there's issues and they drag him into things, though mainly, the sort of issues of that kind he gets into is being used for sparring partner when they're an uneven number.

I tried to make it like an pale sapphire of some kind in the necklace, but not sure if I hit. I'm slightly colorblind, so colors too close to one another messes with my eyes.

And full disclosure on size: When down on all fours like this, he's somewhere between a regular pony and Luna in height. Wouldn't want him to tower over the ponies like that. That's reserved for when he goes on his hind legs to use his front claws for something productive, like working at the forge.

I should likely tag you too in this @Lloyd since you interact with Benny. He isn't wearing armor right now. ^^

Also P.S. Widders, you have other things to worry about. Like how Ambie have a few rows of sharp teeth gnawing on his skull. :P

==========================================================

@dragon4111

And speaking of dragons, hello. :3 hehehe.

Anyway, fair enough that you're not here when you've been down. That sort would get anypony out of the mindset to have a go at this. :( Hope you get better soon friend. ^_^

=======================================================

@Contrast

Never been to Baltimare before, so let's go with that, and the morning after. My inventors are taken for thenight being, but in the morning they can be there. I have an idea why too. :3 Mehehehe.

Do you want to make the scene with the shop first, or should I have my OC's wander around and stumble over it as the first post?

@Blitz Boom

Aww... I wanna dragon too!

I think, though, that dragons is supposed to tower. I mean, Spike is pretty much Twilight's size and he'd likely catch up in a few years were it not for the Alicorn growth spurt. Hmm, we've seen Ember who's young-dragon-stage and think we've seen her on screen sametime as ponies... Something I suppose more closer to Celestia-size. ...wait, is Luna same size as her sister? Seem to recall Luna's size/form being inconsistent in the show.

Oh, and as for the gem, think its noticeably lighter than the hide. Maybe the shame tint as the legs & tail... but I could be just seeing that.

Hmm...

Say, B.B & @Lloyd? How about I bring in a dragon instead as Element of Cruelty? I forget if I've brought this up before...

Garvan & Rangle would be fun, but they're just supposed to be dumb bullies. Think Kaltrop would fit well into that considering as he has maimed & killed ponies before...

...uhh, indirectly of course... Well, maybe I could use a review on him before we do anything. But Kaltrop should be easier to integrate into things. He's actually part of this world.

Which reminds me, how go the preparations on that storyline? We've got most assigned don't we? The name escapes me now, but think we're beginning to lose a few who haven't been around... that fellow for Dark Magic... name will come to me at some point.

An' yeah... heh, I know I'm being chewed on! Picking on an unconcious stallion, I see! A mean stunt i'd say! /pout!

Just uhh, heh... gimmie another day maybe. Tired out early today and usually takes me most of my time to get through my notifications. So, I'll get to you soon @~Phoenix~ and, uhh.... others? Genessee I think?

@Widdershins

I strongly disagree on height. If all were supposed to be a certain height, then all ponies would be the same size as well. Yet you see unusually small and unusually tall ones there as well. Dragons are not an exception to this rule, and quite frankly, I would strongly ignore it if it were a fact. It limits things far, far too much in my opinion. Yet as said, there is no evidence that all dragons are supposed to be a particular size and/or grow at a set rate. I'm gonna have a size limit to those I make and there is nothing lore-wise to stop me from doing that. :) Otherwise, there's be lore-reasons behind why Fleur de Lis (i think the name was) and Featherweight. Two rather well showing off size difference within the same species. Or Snips and Snails for that matter.

As for the dragons you want to get in, I think I need to have a rundown of him, if you would please. Sounds a bit murdery in it, and I have to keep it somewhat low brow.

• Brohoof 1

*Song played & partial inspiration while making his guide picture: It's Not Like I Like You! by Static-P*

My dragon's a Tsundere, a Tsun-Shun draggie. He's a gentle heart... he's no meanie. Just saying Hi gets you a claw to the head. So just say... you'll roleplay? May-be, To-day? If not that's o-kay, It's not like I gotta time to burn any-way.

My dragon's a Tsuni-  a Tsun-Shun draggie~~*             Bah badda ba-DAH!

...Hee! Sometimes I wonder which one of us is worse!

@Blitz Boom  

Aye, I get you size-wize. Think that's what I was kinda aiming for there. Like Kaltrop is just a bit past Ember. Like... Spike=Child, Ember=Teen, then him for young adult. I know I said... fourteen feet, but think I put ponies at about the same size as humans if one dropped to all fours. So if Pony=5-7 feet, then I want Kaltrop just big enough to awkwardly give rides to ponies. Less of a fit like how Spike gets to ride Twilight & more like a pony riding another. It'd probably work... just be awkward on many levels.

...also... if we are going to aim at me meeting up with @Dji's character anytime soon, think it'd be far too awkward pursuing anything with a being that most things like time or mental realms are suggestions rather than rules. Also... can't help but love the irony in that she just blurted out that she hated dragons to a pony who's dating one... then winds up dating one herself!

...and no. I hate tsunderes. They only work when I'm the one doing them! Anybeing else trying to do one is just totally Baka.

@Lloyd 

Eh, well that's why I didn't stick with the gryphon. I just didn't know any way to pull it off. This might work a bit better..

I state in his page that Kaltrop (Of the Hoof-Horde!) is basically a wild drake now with huge distrust of ponies. He still does associate begrudgingly with ponies when he wants something like polish for his collections. So, what I suppose all I need there is for some travelling merchant to talk him into coming into town with him or something. He's not so much violent as speciest against ponies. He'll wish you harm, laugh in your face or spit in it... but he won't outright fight you.

Besides! Who better to fit Cruelty than a Tsundere?!