Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@CrystalBloodMoon

Still seems a bit iffy to me. Think I'm going to ask somepony who is better at deciding what can fly than me.

@Widdershins Could you have a crack at this and tell me if what he says makes sense? I think this is one of the points were me not watching the show is biting me in the flank.

===============================

@MiragetheChangeling

Forgot this reply for a while, sorry.

Your drawings looks good mate. :) I couldn't do it better, that's for sure.

...Theory? Pointless driveling over topics that really have no correct answer? Well, you've figured out how to summon me!

Sorry I ain't been around lately hereabouts. Work stress n' all that. 

But let's get down to Brimstone & Sulphur!

I run a bit of a critique thread of mine own. I'm no expert or anything of course, nor do I have any training. I just like talking & seeing new ideas! That being said... @CrystalBloodMoon?

Your little story there is riddled with loopholes. I, for one, cannot see any connection whatsoever from Flight to Flame. Fire is an elemental magic not an ability like flight magic would be. I kind of get the feeling that fire gets a bad reputation from being used as a sort of razzle-dazzle (ooh! great name for a pony!) enhancement around other ability-magics. Like, I don't get how his Dad suddenly became an expert on the situation after one night of reading a news story at the library. Nor how Phoenixes (though, you certainly have a good lead to follow up on there with what I can tell you're aiming at) factor into this, or the name for that matter. Bit O' a Tip: if you can nickname your pony, then you haven't given a pony world's name. Pony names are supposed to sound like cheesy nicknames after all. If you erased everything pony related to your character's story, it would make little difference or even more sense. If, say, Flameus was actually a human.

But I digress. None of that was really an issue.

What is though...

Is that I don't actually see a character here. 

**I MADE SURE TO MAKE THIS INTRIGUING COLT AS MUCH LIKE MYSELF AS POSSIBLE SO I HOPE EVERYPONY LIKES** </p> <p> *I was kinda worried Flame, would come off as too much of a Mary Sue, so I looked to my own flaws and psychological issues

That, my inspiring associate, was not a Ponysona! I think you might have tried too hard to make him a Gary Stu (male version of that trope btw) and not only wound up hitting a few unperceived points but going too far in the opposite direction! What we have here... is what feels like the Powers coming first before the Personality came to be written.

Everything about Flammeus here is based around how his powers affected him, and in turn, how those same powers match up against other, more well-known characters. There's no harm in theming off of power or being dependent on other characters.  Every alicorn in the show is a Mary Sue, but that's not a bad thing. What's unfortunate is confining your character to what role or aim you pull them from, rather then allowing them enough of a flexible character to allow them to define themselves and grow. What does Flammeus do when he's NOT on fire? Could he talk about the weather, hobbies or how the day's been when sitting down for a cup of tea? You get me?

Any project needs to seem bigger then the cloth you cut them from. It's why Sock Monkies terrify me. But I digress.

Think the question was fire-enhanced flight. To which I say no.

Truth be told, much like how any rpg fighting game can sheathe a sword in flame for "added damage", yeah, yeah you can do that. But the sheer act of flying alone does not equal the same kind of magic that would implicate elemental magics.There's been many a brony theory video on how RD managed the Sonic Rainboom, but the general consensus is that she done broke the "Light Barrier." Which, is basically as easy as a jet plane breaking the sound barrier on a human realm. Just that science seems alot weaker on this planet where the celestial bodies are held up like puppets in the sky. Science is a bloody roll of the die in this world... I swear...

While I admit, I may not entirely be sure what the actual question here is... don't go about comparing yourself to other characters. RD's speed and Twilight's magical prowess are almost entirely the entire summation of their characters. To a detriment. Twilight is good at her magic because she's devoted her entire life to learning it. So much so that it severely cripples her social skills and makes her a burden to hold an everyday conversation with. That makes her almost a walking magic bomb. She turned her parents into cacti as a filly! Why don't we have her under lock & key for Chaos's Sake?!!? With power comes consequences. I say.

And, what I got from reading your character was that you started off from a basis of just wanting him to just be good at what he did. But one faucet isn't much room to grow.

It's a frequent fault some fall into. Adding faults isn't there for balance. Take Pinkie. She's funny & loving, but by the same flip of the coin of her personality, she gets out of hoof and becomes unbearable, loud and mistrustful when she leaps to sudden conclusions. 

Building a character is telling a story! It's my opinion that you've not done bad, you just have more story to tell! :kindness::rarity:

Edit & P.S. : You know, actually I haven't a clue why I'm being linked together with you, @Lil' Lovebug. Think that was... an option I was tossing out for somepony else? Hmm.       ....oh...and... I know exactly who your avatar pic is. I disapprove. 

Edited by Widdershins

28 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Edit & P.S. : You know, actually I haven't a clue why I'm being linked together with you, @Lil' Lovebug. Think that was... an option I was tossing out for somepony else? Hmm.       ....oh...and... I know exactly who your avatar pic is. I disapprove. 

Blitz recommended you bring Halo in with him and me, if you wish. Also, do I need to delete you need to teach you why Monika is best need to have a civil conversation with you about our difference in opinion?

20 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

...Theory? Pointless driveling over topics that really have no correct answer? Well, you've figured out how to summon me!

Sorry I ain't been around lately hereabouts. Work stress n' all that. 

But let's get down to Brimstone & Sulphur!

I run a bit of a critique thread of mine own. I'm no expert or anything of course, nor do I have any training. I just like talking & seeing new ideas! That being said... @CrystalBloodMoon?

Your little story there is riddled with loopholes. I, for one, cannot see any connection whatsoever from Flight to Flame. Fire is an elemental magic not an ability like flight magic would be. I kind of get the feeling that fire gets a bad reputation from being used as a sort of razzle-dazzle (ooh! great name for a pony!) enhancement around other ability-magics. Like, I don't get how his Dad suddenly became an expert on the situation after one night of reading a news story at the library. Nor how Phoenixes (though, you certainly have a good lead to follow up on there with what I can tell you're aiming at) factor into this, or the name for that matter. Bit O' a Tip: if you can nickname your pony, then you haven't given a pony world's name. Pony names are supposed to sound like cheesy nicknames after all. If you erased everything pony related to your character's story, it would make little difference or even more sense. If, say, Flameus was actually a human.

But I digress. None of that was really an issue.

What is though...

Is that I don't actually see a character here. 

That, my inspiring associate, was not a Ponysona! I think you might have tried too hard to make him a Gary Stu (male version of that trope btw) and not only wound up hitting a few unperceived points but going too far in the opposite direction! What we have here... is what feels like the Powers coming first before the Personality came to be written.

Everything about Flammeus here is based around how his powers affected him, and in turn, how those same powers match up against other, more well-known characters. There's no harm in theming off of power or being dependent on other characters.  Every alicorn in the show is a Mary Sue, but that's not a bad thing. What's unfortunate is confining your character to what role or aim you pull them from, rather then allowing them enough of a flexible character to allow them to define themselves and grow. What does Flammeus do when he's NOT on fire? Could he talk about the weather, hobbies or how the day's been when sitting down for a cup of tea? You get me?

Any project needs to seem bigger then the cloth you cut them from. It's why Sock Monkies terrify me. But I digress.

Think the question was fire-enhanced flight. To which I say no.

Truth be told, much like how any rpg fighting game can sheathe a sword in flame for "added damage", yeah, yeah you can do that. But the sheer act of flying alone does not equal the same kind of magic that would implicate elemental magics.There'sn many a brony theory video on how RD managed the Sonic Rainboom, but the general consensus is that she done broke the "Light Barrier." Which, is basically as easy as a jet plane breaking the sound barrier on a human realm. Just that science seems alot weaker on this planet where the celestial bodies are held up like puppets in the sky. Science is a bloody roll of the die in this world... I swear...

While I admit, I may not entirely be sure what the actual question here is... don't go about comparing yourself to other characters. RD's speed and Twilight's magical prowess are almost entirely the entire summation of their characters. To a detriment. Twilight is good at her magic because she's devoted her entire life to learning it. So much so that it severely cripples her social skills and makes her a burden to hold an everyday conversation with. That makes her almost a walking magic bomb. She turned her parents into cacti as a filly! Why don't we have her under lock & key for Chaos's Sake?!!? With power comes consequences. I say.

And, what I got from reading your character was that you started off from a basis of just wanting him to just be good at what he did. But one faucet isn't much room to grow.

It's a frequent fault some fall into. Adding faults isn't there for balance. Take Pinkie. She's funny & loving, but by the same flip of the coin of her personality, she gets out of hoof and becomes unbearable, loud and mistrustful when she leaps to sudden conclusions. 

Building a character is telling a story! It's my opinion that you've not done bad, you just have more story to tell! :kindness::rarity:

The way youre describingg Twilight is kinda how I met for an aspect of Flame to be. I had this in my head but regrettably never wrote it down. basically, he wanted so badly to learn magic, but knew he couldnt but tried anways. when he found out it was his destiny to become master of flame pegasus magic, and did nothing but train. He neglected his friends,, never to see or hear from them again. And the flight itself isnt in direct correlation with the flame, but rather the speed to condense the magick to a point of being easily maneuvered. It also depend on the style of flight and different movements made. And its not just for pizazz, the flame ring. He could use it as a weapon, or for warmth, but he never found a need to, cuz he kinda gave up his life. THATS why he went on the journey to find himself. The idea behind him is, youre right, there isnt much to his character, he spent his life honing his skills. AND hes an only child. He didnt have a BBBFF. He became a colt sheltered even to himself because he thought having those abilities meant he couldnt show his true self and weaknesses. Hes kinda psychologically unstable, too. the idea is his REAL life is only just beginning  

Also, how does this work? Do I just pop on in to the IC and work myself in, or is that left to Blitz to put together?

1 hour ago, Lil' Lovebug said:

Blitz recommended you bring Halo in with him and me, if you wish. Also, do I need to delete you need to teach you why Monika is best need to have a civil conversation with you about our difference in opinion?

https://youtu.be/nL06he43t3E

Monika is number 1!

Edited by Dji

@Widdershins @CrystalBloodMoon

Thank you Widders. I can always rely on you to counter a thrown rock with a tactical nuke. :)

So from what I can understand of this, the lack of personality is a bit of an issue, but Crystal does have a point afterwards. Constant focus on something else leaves one with little of a personality beyond *Tries too much*, and if the bio section actually worked, I'd recommend adding the part that you came forth with to the bio, Crystal.  I mean, you still should, but it will regrettably appear even more cluttered. (Really hope they will fix this eventually)

The powers part is where Widders comes with the best point, and tosses a bit of a wrench into the machine. Pegasi magic does seem more neutral, and flight and flame really only haves the connection through phoenixes...

May I make an easy suggestion?

His father - not wanting to disappoint his son - researched but found little. Pegasi just couldn't use magic like unicorns could, and no book seemed to say otherwise, until he stumbled over one that seemed to have been put in the wrong section. For a start because it didn't belong with history books,a nd second off because it had a lock on it and seemed far older than any of the other books. It had likely been misplaced from a secure section either waiting for transport to the castle, or only meant for reading in a safe room. Considering the age, likely the second option.

If he opened it (magic can do funny things, eh?) and went through it, he'd find all kinds of odd history in there. Stories of ancient tribes, religious practices that seemed pretty out there and sometimes downright disturbing, fanatics and their less than noble impact on the history of Equestria, etc. basically the sort that doesn't seem harmful, but is rare, and not meant for the innocent minds of fillies to read.

Among the practices, he could find how to make a small scale magical amulet through methods best not described, which also required him to catch a phoenix. It would be a moral dilemma between his son and a bird, but if he wa determined enough he might go through with it, and present the trinket to his son as a kind of *magic enhancer*. It wouldn't be sensationally strong, but with training, the necklace could allow for the usage of fire.

Basically, if natural talent is out, fanatic magic trinkets might do the trick. Like the Alicorn Amulet, but on a way smaller scale, and considered a myth more than something that could actually be done. When it doubt, curse it out, though this is just stretching it to see if I can still make things fit with the fire. :) Might be he was just cursed too for some reason, and it haves side effects.

================================================================================

@CrystalBloodMoon @MiragetheChangeling

If you want to RP with him Mirage, consider him yours. :) Just gimme a small resume for the chars you want to interact with him with here in the OOC and we'll be golden.

P.S. I think your drawings are good Mirage, and clearly so do others, as they are asking you to make them. Seek improvement, but he happy about your accomplishments so far. ^_^

================================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

That game gave me nightmares. Bad Monika. bad!!

6 hours ago, MiragetheChangeling said:

@Blitz Boom & @CrystalBloodMoon

I gotta figure out which one would suit them best first ^^

@CrystalBloodMoon

Does Flammeus not have a personality or something?

He does. He typically tries to act more stoic rather than show his true colours however. He thinks they make him look weak. It's all kinda traced back to him misinterpreting his destiny

2 minutes ago, MiragetheChangeling said:

@CrystalBloodMoon

Ok. Is he alright with pranks and the like?

hmm... interesting question... I suppose if it were humoring enough he'd be quite ammused, but will immediately go back to his usual distant self after a chuckle or two. Just how I see him. Thanks for asking these questions. They arent usually the things you put to paper. Good to have a character flesh out y'know 

8 hours ago, MiragetheChangeling said:

Does Flammeus not have a personality or something?

13 minutes ago, MiragetheChangeling said:

I think I’ll use Disarray, my draconequus child.

Cheesus. It's taking nearly all my ability to not want to metaphorically adopt you as my own child. You just gotta knack for being innocent & adorable, dontcha Mirage? Glad to see the notion of draconequui infecting spreading! 

1 hour ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

They arent usually the things you put to paper.

...WHAT?!... Didn't you just do that by saying it in text right.... 

...See, I'll sum it up into one sentence.  I cannot possibly see how you'd go about roleplaying your character.

What would you do? Since you seem to qualify him as standoffish, wouldn't he have nothing to say to anybody else since they wouldn't relate to his powers? What, would he only talk about his powers? 

I fail to understand. And, truly that is on both of our ends. I don't get why he'd feel pressured to learn magic or why that'd impact his personality to such a dominating degree. But that's probably because I see the concept of Destiny to be nothing more than a cliche. As I understand it to be, Destiny means that everything is out of your characters control. And if he can't impact what happens in his life... then what kind of story can you possibly tell? Or relate to more normal ponies for that matter.

...just noticed too. Unrelated note. Weird how there aren't any OCs that are just normal ponies. Hold a job, have hobbies, that's it. I'd hazzard that if you wanted an Original character to stick out, you'd not  give them any notable powers or glaring differences from others.   ...I'll have to keep that in mind for myself.

Sigh.... and as long as I'm on the notion of putting my opinion on things out there...

I'll tell you why I flat out refuse to watch the Game Grumps play through of it or even look up anything further about the game.

@Blitz Boom

@Dji

@Lil' Lovebug

...Monika exists as a direct opposite to everything I'm trying to do with Widdershins as a story, character and sort of personal beliefs of mine. Entropy.

You know what the problem with Doki Doki Literature club is? It punishes you for wanting the characters you hold emotional investment in to be happy or lead enjoyable lives. It trots out shocking notions like self-harm just to shock you and get the culture talking about it. It's subverting expectations and conventional storytelling just to be heard. To give you a message that life is about suffering until you cease to be. That you're somehow wrong for feeling the way you do, that nothing really matters and hurting others is the only way to feel alive. That's not what life is. It's about Friendship and Coexisting. Loving what you have, not destroying everything else to hollow out a hole for you to writhe in. It's the same issue with what I have with modern Horror. Not like this game counts as that. Life is not about Pain, it's about obtaining Acceptance through the Confusion that life brings.

I truly do not care if there actually happens to be some sort of "happy ending" for what this Monika character is. There can't be. YOu don't... make a story just to cause endless suffering.

...Hmm? Oh, don't mind me, Mr.Author. Just sitting here, watching you eat your own metaphorical tail.

...Okay, Yes. Fine. That's essentially the same story as a character I've already written and one or two other longer stories I'm working on now, but there's the difference there. A lifestory is also based in realism. A life can be long, seemingly unending chain of suffering that leaves your main character a broken, scarred husk of what he once was. But the point is in the journey. The accepting of that as a part of you and your own history. That what has happened, happened and you can still keep growing onward, a light to still reach for.

Hope, in other words.

... and not just stare your audience down while spouting philosophy like it gets you anywhere past what atrocities you've already committed.

...I don't like suffering. Ask B.B. Kind of already had a scuffle with him about that.

There's a difference between making your character struggle & suffer... and torturing them to prove your point. Everything created, no matter how tenuous its reality may be to another deserves to live, grow and earn its respect and life lessons. You don't create to manipulate.

...though you can manipulate to create.    ...I'm sorry.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

Cheesus. It's taking nearly all my ability to not want to metaphorically adopt you as my own child. You just gotta knack for being innocent & adorable, dontcha Mirage? Glad to see the notion of draconequui infecting spreading! 

...WHAT?!... Didn't you just do that by saying it in text right.... 

...See, I'll sum it up into one sentence.  I cannot possibly see how you'd go about roleplaying your character.

What would you do? Since you seem to qualify him as standoffish, wouldn't he have nothing to say to anybody else since they wouldn't relate to his powers? What, would he only talk about his powers? 

I fail to understand. And, truly that is on both of our ends. I don't get why he'd feel pressured to learn magic or why that'd impact his personality to such a dominating degree. But that's probably because I see the concept of Destiny to be nothing more than a cliche. As I understand it to be, Destiny means that everything is out of your characters control. And if he can't impact what happens in his life... then what kind of story can you possibly tell? Or relate to more normal ponies for that matter.

...just noticed too. Unrelated note. Weird how there aren't any OCs that are just normal ponies. Hold a job, have hobbies, that's it. I'd hazzard that if you wanted an Original character to stick out, you'd not  give them any notable powers or glaring differences from others.   ...I'll have to keep that in mind for myself.

Sigh.... and as long as I'm on the notion of putting my opinion on things out there...

I'll tell you why I flat out refuse to watch the Game Grumps play through of it or even look up anything further about the game.

@Blitz Boom

@Dji

@Lil' Lovebug

...Monika exists as a direct opposite to everything I'm trying to do with Widdershins as a story, character and sort of personal beliefs of mine. Entropy.

You know what the problem with Doki Doki Literature club is? It punishes you for wanting the characters you hold emotional investment in to be happy or lead enjoyable lives. It trots out shocking notions like self-harm just to shock you and get the culture talking about it. It's subverting expectations and conventional storytelling just to be heard. To give you a message that life is about suffering until you cease to be. That you're somehow wrong for feeling the way you do, that nothing really matters and hurting others is the only way to feel alive. That's not what life is. It's about Friendship and Coexisting. Loving what you have, not destroying everything else to hollow out a hole for you to writhe in. It's the same issue with what I have with modern Horror. Not like this game counts as that. Life is not about Pain, it's about obtaining Acceptance through the Confusion that life brings.

I truly do not care if there actually happens to be some sort of "happy ending" for what this Monika character is. There can't be. YOu don't... make a story just to cause endless suffering.

...Hmm? Oh, don't mind me, Mr.Author. Just sitting here, watching you eat your own metaphorical tail.

...Okay, Yes. Fine. That's essentially the same story as a character I've already written and one or two other longer stories I'm working on now, but there's the difference there. A lifestory is also based in realism. A life can be long, seemingly unending chain of suffering that leaves your main character a broken, scarred husk of what he once was. But the point is in the journey. The accepting of that as a part of you and your own history. That what has happened, happened and you can still keep growing onward, a light to still reach for.

Hope, in other words.

... and not just stare your audience down while spouting philosophy like it gets you anywhere past what atrocities you've already committed.

...I don't like suffering. Ask B.B. Kind of already had a scuffle with him about that.

There's a difference between making your character struggle & suffer... and torturing them to prove your point. Everything created, no matter how tenuous its reality may be to another deserves to live, grow and earn its respect and life lessons. You don't create to manipulate.

...though you can manipulate to create.    ...I'm sorry.

He didnt "feel pressure" to learn magic. He was a foal when he defined a purely innocent interest in it, being raised by unicorn and feeling left out of not being able to do it himself. One day, around when he possessed the cognitions to put his wish to word, that was when he learned. A child isnt exactly patient, and when a kid sets their heart on something, you can never REALLY deter them. ANYWAYS thats not my view of destiny. Imagine time like a river, and each pony a boat. They can take whatever path they want, but attributing to personality, its not EXACTLY 50/50 which path they'll take, but in the end, some river paths will cross, or careen into lake, and, inevitably, the sea of unavoidable, fate-written death. So destiny doesnt mean they cant choose, just HIGHLY LIKELY for a pony of their standards to end up at a specific point in their lives. I mean come on, can you HONESTLY see RARITY bucking apple-trees? Cutie marks are even described IN THE CANNON, to hold a pony's destiny

And to be quite frank, I know EXACTLY how my character will be played, and how he will act in everyday situations. But if in the IC, he doesnt "fly" with you guys (HA! XD). Then I'll be more than willing to step out and rework his character a little and smother out the edges. We'll just have to see. This'll be my first pony rp tbh but certainly not my first rp altogether. If I cant blend seamlessly into Equestria's environment, please note that its my first attempt. Overall tho, I think it'll be fun, and that's all that matters in the end, no? :kindness:

@Blitz Boom @EQ_Theta

Just to check - I'm not disrupting anything or getting too crazy with my making up of explanations, things, and explanations for things, right? :squee: Don't wanna be accidentally disrupting planned thing by making up stuffs completely different from what you meant for them to be or something. Like the Jeweled Beasts for example, hoping that was an okay explanation that didn't go too far or anything and~... I'm rambling. :blush:   :derp:

3 hours ago, Widdershins said:
4 hours ago, MiragetheChangeling said:

I think I’ll use Disarray, my draconequus child.

@Widdershins

I have never claimed to be innocent, but I might be adorable in real life. And I’ve had Disarray for a while, I had just never found a good role play sight for my MLP OCs

Edited by MiragetheChangeling

@Widdershins

(Entire post is gonna be spoilers for sake of discussion.)

It's not so much punishing you as it takes the control away from you in general. Its supposed to run opposite of traditional Dating Sims where you can ramance who you want and all your decisions lead to a happy little flowerey ending.

What DDLC does sit you down and try to make you see that, sometimes, you just can't change everything. That a lot of choices aren't in your control, especially with Sayori's death scene where no matter what you say, she kills herself, giving into the depression she's been feeling for so long.

That part may be a bit shock value, but it tries to do it a a serious tone. There's darkness that sometimes you can't overcome. Later on, it's more about spiraling into fear and insanity as Monica draws out the worst in the characters, trying to make you love her. Eventually, when you delete her, she realises not only the terrible things she's done but also that she went about it all wrong.

There is a way to get a happy ending for all the characters as well, but i have no experience with the ending itself so i cant really say anything about it

P.S Sorry for ranty long post. Kinda just felt like writing that all out

Edited by Lil' Lovebug

@CrystalBloodMoon 

16 hours ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

Imagine time like a river, and each pony a boat.

Yes, but would that then mean that they are still being carried? Thusly, guided against their will without any impact of their own. No boat holds sway over when the harbor they'll reach. Usually.   And you equate the ocean to death? Now, we might have more in common then!

*has Bathophobia, fear of depths. Lol*

Oh aye, but don't take too deeply what I say. I am in no ways a leader of this here threads! B.B is, I'm just, like, second-in-command, lol! A friend to fillibuster, not to force! 

15 hours ago, Storm Shine said:

I'm not disrupting anything or getting too crazy with my making up of explanations, things, and explanations for things, right? :squee:

*holds quietly still with a shocked expression at the thread, while quizzically & poshly holding up an umbrella made entirely of fire*

Well, if anybeing ought catch trouble for whimsy here...!

14 hours ago, Lil' Lovebug said:

*Ends their post apologizing for their long rantiness in regards to my own post that was twice as long & ranty*

Spoiler that, bruh!

Therein lies the crux, in differentiating between Everything & Anything. I cannot see the difference of trying to get the point across of hopelessness. That you can't affect things. Forcing your narrative to go the way it does for the sake of showing that you're forcing. There's being scary to show your audience something scary and giving them that release of when it's all over, and then there's writing a bad time just to inflict a bad time. Not to say, of course, that horror like that doesn't have its appeal to some. I read Lovecraft. That's all about hopelessness; we do not weep for the cultures crushed underheel of advancing civilization, we cry for the personal experiences and emotions lost in the snuffing out of one being. One we've grown to know.

I don't want to sound like a Paragon, but I like to think they will always be more adventures and troubles to overcome. Even in Death, the final, great journey of them all. Simply just removal from existence sounds like putting much to finite an end to something for the sake of shock & awe.

It's why we have voiceless and often literally faceless monsters to fight in most video games. I liked how Fire Emblem seems to touch on the subject; the badguys often will talk about how the big boss is forcing them into battle, or that they're just too loyal to turncoat even if they know their side is evil. Who among us really wants to sit at our play area, and watch as we snuff out some form of life as they slowly become aware not only of the ending of their life, but that their life held nothing but regret? That they had been doing only what they could see, killing you to find food for their family or just in a spot of their own where they could do no other way.

...I remember one episode of Gravity Falls. I'm sure "dating sim girl coming to life and becoming creepily obsessed" is a trope that's happened elsewhere, but...  If a being wishes to reach out for love... I wouldn't... want to hurt them anymore than they've already had to.

There's a reason I use the term "Being." Many, in fact.

Don't create to destroy.

Edit:

Spoiler

HOLY PIXELS!!! I THINK I MIGHT BE MONIKA! AUGH!!! AM I MONIKA?!!? WHAT IS REALITY!??!  I'VE PHILOSOPHIZED TOO DEEP AGAIN!!!

Edited by Widdershins
Sudden Shock, well, again.

@Blitz Boom

The Traveller, Charlie, Dr. Miles Xeno, and Seamore are in a category that I would refer to as being “free from destiny.”  By this I mean that they aren’t part of a planned storyline and therefore free to roam.  Eventually, The Traveller and Charlie will return to other times and will re-enter the stories they are a part of.  For now, their fates are not being guided towards any story based goals.  The Traveller has his motives to try to return characters to their own timeline, but I don’t have any specific plans.  Basically, all of their posts will be purely reactionary, not story driven.  

I also have an idea for the scene at the hospital.  I just ask that when Ziggy wakes up, that I can have one of my characters (who is already in the RP) be her roommate.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich