Register now to remove this ad.
Blitz Boom

Searching Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP around Ponyville OOC [Open Entry For All]

@Lucid_Nightlight

Oh right, forgot they were in that scene too. Well, let's wait and see what they say about that one. Good to see you're still around though. :)

@Blitz BoomYes, hello, I'm not actually around, I subtly left the forum some time ago, and decided to pop back in to check my notifications. Not sure why, but hey, look, relevant notification.

But I'm alive, just not really alive over here.

• Smiley 1

@Holiday Agnaktor

Well that's a shame, but long as you're happy. :) Remember though: If the feeling strikes you at some point, we'll still be here. I'm far too lazy to move. :P

have you been doing well?

@Blitz Boom

schooooooooooool:okiedokieloki:

Spoiler

I might be able to start the rp up again but definitely not with the consistency when I frist started 

• Smiley 1

@woodchunks66

Sorry to hear that school is taking all your time and brain power. :( We'll welcome you back in any capacity if you feel like you have the energy for it of course. :) When you're ready.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for the short posts everyone. But been a long day. Also, I can't post Monday, so next time will be Tuesday.

Have a good Weekend. :)

Another delay after this I am afraid. Made some Easter plans with a friend I haven't seen in awhile, so not back home before Sunday. Perhaps I can get something down then, but otherwise, it might be all the way until Tuesday before I can reply again. :( Sorry about that, but it's a rare occurrence that I get to see him, and I want to spend my time with him as well as possible.

..Mainly playing Mario Kart and trash talking, but that's besides the point. :D

Have a good Easter everypony!

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom I'm back...sorta. Mentally drained but I have enough energy to RP. Hope you have a good weekend. 

• yay 1

@Moonlit 

It is good to see you again my friend. :) Be sure you're ready to go though, before you push yourself into this. I don't want you to force it if you're not ready. :)

While I remember it: @Seamore Sandwich and @Dji should likely know you have come around. This tag should help. ^^

@Blitz Boom Yes, sorry, I figured I'd let you know. I'm ready to RP, I need some happiness, sunshine and rainbows right now. 

• Smiley 1

Ah, finally I can write again. Weird glitch... Anyway, I should be able to get the posts out tonight, so worry no more. :)

On 02/04/2018 at 6:10 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Ah, finally I can write again. Weird glitch... Anyway, I should be able to get the posts out tonight, so worry no more. :)

:yay:

Just letting you know I've changed my name from Battenberg to Victoria Sponge so I'm @Victoria Sponge now rather than @Battenberg. Not sure if this is going to be a permanent change yet.

• yay 1

Good evening. 

I was curious if this was still open. I know the topic name still says open, but it was made a long time ago so I'd like to double check. 

I'm still pretty new to the herd and the Fandom in general, but the premise of an RP without a huge over arching story sounds relaxing. Granted, it has been going for so long it probably has one now. 

I've never done a forum RP before, just live chat rooms, but I'd love to learn. 

• Smiley 1

10 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

Good evening. 

I was curious if this was still open. I know the topic name still says open, but it was made a long time ago so I'd like to double check. 

I'm still pretty new to the herd and the Fandom in general, but the premise of an RP without a huge over arching story sounds relaxing. Granted, it has been going for so long it probably has one now. 

I've never done a forum RP before, just live chat rooms, but I'd love to learn. 

Yep, we're still going. The train to crazytown doesn't get off the rails that easily. :D

We have a lot of longer-going, fragmented storylines, but not really a unified one. I try to make them go into the same continuity though, but that doesn't mean that it have to be so if you'd prefer not, or that you will even be part of the scene in question. We are using several towns at this point, so not being in one area where there's a lot of action is highly possible, for example. (Canterlot, Las Pegasus, Ponyville, etc. Can't remember all town names currently)

I tend to start new folks off a little away from where a ton happens, then slowly help them get into the areas where something might, and having OC's or NPC's explain things about what have happened to fill the gaps. I find that easing into things is easier, and makes it simpler for the less experienced ones to get into the thick of things, rather than reading years of story. ^^

But we're getting a little ahead on things. I'll help you get a placement when we've gotten you sorted.

So, let's start off easy. Tell me about your character. Race, name, potential powers, bit of backstory, that sort of thing.

The power one is mainly to help not to judge, just in advance. It's more fun for everyone if you're not dealing with a Mary Sue, so I like to give some advice on things to keep it balanced and less god-like. :)

If you haven't made a character yet, I can help you if needed. Sometimes it's pretty tough to get the first oelne out.

Oh, almost forgot, i should advice you that forum RP is slower than live chat ones. I generally have a lot of things to do, so my responses in tge RP is every two days. Though I still answer OOC and PM's as best as I can. :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Yep, we're still going. The train to crazytown doesn't get off the rails that easily. :D

We have a lot of longer-going, fragmented storylines, but not really a unified one. I try to make them go into the same continuity though, but that doesn't mean that it have to be so if you'd prefer not, or that you will even be part of the scene in question. We are using several towns at this point, so not being in one area where there's a lot of action is highly possible, for example. (Canterlot, Las Pegasus, Ponyville, etc. Can't remember all town names currently)

I tend to start new folks off a little away from where a ton happens, then slowly help them get into the areas where something might, and having OC's or NPC's explain things about what have happened to fill the gaps. I find that easing into things is easier, and makes it simpler for the less experienced ones to get into the thick of things, rather than reading years of story. ^^

But we're getting a little ahead on things. I'll help you get a placement when we've gotten you sorted.

So, let's start off easy. Tell me about your character. Race, name, potential powers, bit of backstory, that sort of thing.

The power one is mainly to help not to judge, just in advance. It's more fun for everyone if you're not dealing with a Mary Sue, so I like to give some advice on things to keep it balanced and less god-like. :)

If you haven't made a character yet, I can help you if needed. Sometimes it's pretty tough to get the first oelne out.

Oh, almost forgot, i should advice you that forum RP is slower than live chat ones. I generally have a lot of things to do, so my responses in tge RP is every two days. Though I still answer OOC and PM's as best as I can. :)

That is a lot of really great information, thank you!  The offered guidance is also greatly appreciated. 

It was one of those surprising things when I got into the fandom, on how hard it is to find a simple place to kick up the hooves IC as a pony.  Hanging out in our favorite Equestria locations.  I thought there'd be a Discord channel or chat site full of such fun.  There might have been at one time, I did join rather late.

The slower pace of a forum RP does sound rather delightful though.

Tell you about my OC here or is there a more appropriate place?

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Smiley 1

@Rising Dusk

There is Bio pages that you can use if needed, but if you need more time to flesh out your character, starting with something simple and put it on this page, then write it later in the proper area, tend to be a good idea. It helps to make you more connected with the character in question, and know more of the kind of backstory details you really want to dig into. :)

This is an example of a simple Bio, though I do have those that are longer. I am not showing those for well... You'll see why if you click. Or read below it.

Basically, the Character pages have a glitch of some kind that the forum haven't worked out yet, that means that whenever you want to use paragraphs, it instead bundles everything together and sets in some code text. It means it gets really crammed and hard to read on the long ones, hence why I use a small one as an example. :)

Reminds me, if you need help with a creator program, I have three different ones I use since I can't draw. I can PM you the links if you want them. ^^ Sometimes it helps to have a character made out before you write. I've had several where I created first, then think *Yep, that's the personality to go for alright*. Even if they didn't match the original idea. Just my process though. I will do what I can to support whatever approach seems best for you. ^_^

As for the other ways of RP with this fandom, I don't really know if there is a Discord or something like that. When I accidentally wandered into this fandom, this was the most unified place I could find. Seemed stable and all, you know? Even if people come and go, the forum remains, and there's always mods keeping it in check. Doesn't die out like the other RP sites I've been part of.

Anyway, I think i covered things well. Just write what you got so far here if you prefer, and we can sort through it. Again, if you need links for the creator ones, lemme know. :) The one in the bio is one, but the others I use have made me able to make these two.

6Tulw5Y.png

Kb4FqqH.jpg

Just examples of course. I have like... Twenty OC's at this point. O.o

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Rising Dusk

There is Bio pages that you can use if needed, but if you need more time to flesh out your character, starting with something simple and put it on this page, then write it later in the proper area, tend to be a good idea. It helps to make you more connected with the character in question, and know more of the kind of backstory details you really want to dig into. :)

This is an example of a simple Bio, though I do have those that are longer. I am not showing those for well... You'll see why if you click. Or read below it.

Basically, the Character pages have a glitch of some kind that the forum haven't worked out yet, that means that whenever you want to use paragraphs, it instead bundles everything together and sets in some code text. It means it gets really crammed and hard to read on the long ones, hence why I use a small one as an example. :)

Reminds me, if you need help with a creator program, I have three different ones I use since I can't draw. I can PM you the links if you want them. ^^ Sometimes it helps to have a character made out before you write. I've had several where I created first, then think *Yep, that's the personality to go for alright*. Even if they didn't match the original idea. Just my process though. I will do what I can to support whatever approach seems best for you. ^_^

As for the other ways of RP with this fandom, I don't really know if there is a Discord or something like that. When I accidentally wandered into this fandom, this was the most unified place I could find. Seemed stable and all, you know? Even if people come and go, the forum remains, and there's always mods keeping it in check. Doesn't die out like the other RP sites I've been part of.

Anyway, I think i covered things well. Just write what you got so far here if you prefer, and we can sort through it. Again, if you need links for the creator ones, lemme know. :) The one in the bio is one, but the others I use have made me able to make these two.

6Tulw5Y.png

Kb4FqqH.jpg

19, Blood is tempted to eat one of them 

🦄

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Rising Dusk

6Tulw5Y.png

Kb4FqqH.jpg

I do think I have my OC pretty well fleshed out, depending on level of head cannon and such.  It would probably be best to post it out here for the first time to tap into that well of advice you offer.

Sadly, my OC is still in commission, so I don't really have an image to show off at this time.

@BloodDrops

I know. That's one of the reasons why I keep them away from you, and limit your interactions to one with tough scales, and non-fleshy individuals. :P

===========================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

My advice to you on head-cannon? Try to involve as little of cannon lore as possible. Places and such are great, but with the show's characters in, it starts to become trickier to balance, depending on how much you make them part of the OC's story. Not impossible mind you, but certainly tricky. I'm sure it's fine though. :)

As for your char, a picture is not required straight off  the bat. A physical description will suffice, and then you can just add the picture later when you have it.

As for my first suggestion? Your story have a severe lack of cowbell. It should be remedied. :P Hehe.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@BloodDrops

I know. That's one of the reasons why I keep them away from you, and limit your interactions to one with tough scales, and non-fleshy individuals. :P

===========================================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

My advice to you on head-cannon? Try to involve as little of cannon lore as possible. Places and such are great, but with the show's characters in, it starts to become trickier to balance, depending on how much you make them part of the OC's story. Not impossible mind you, but certainly tricky. I'm sure it's fine though. :)

As for your char, a picture is not required straight off  the bat. A physical description will suffice, and then you can just add the picture later when you have it.

As for my first suggestion? Your story have a severe lack of cowbell. It should be remedied. :P Hehe.

Oh, yeah my OC doesn't have any cannon characters in his back story. More an assumption of organizations that may or may not exist in Equestria or at least have little behind them. Such as law enforcement or legal systems. 

I'll type something up when I get home that we can tweek. Don't really want to do it from my phone on work breaks xD

What is cowbell? 

• Smiley 1