Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Awesome, after months and months of considering doing roleplay, I would like to join in as my character, Nightfall Gloam!

I'm still rather new to roleplaying despite how long I've been on the forums. Wanted to try something new.

• Brohoof 1

@Nightfall Gloam

Welcome to, mate. :) Let's see if we can't get you helped out and joined in here, alright?

To start off, nice picture in the bio. However you character do need some kind of story to be able to get anywhere with him. Can't really place him when I don't know how he's like, and a bit of what he can do/where he's from.

Let me try and give a suggestion. Nothing you need to use, but it might be workablw for you, or inspire an idea.

You say he's from Canterlot, and he seems like a confident sort, so he probably have it made well. Potentially he have his own start up business? Seeing as you also have him as liking film making, he could be an up and coming producer.

Might well be that he is starting something in Canterlot, or are scouting Equestria for inspiration/locations to work with for his first jump into the movie scene. Could be hia current dealings.

A bit of backstory there could be that he always loved going to the cinema whilst growing up, and/or had to work his teens in a movie set (likely as a lackey of some kind), and got further and further fascinated with the process, to the point where he decided that when he were able to afford/find a finanser willing to take the chance, he'd do his own thing.

His attention to detail, impatience and things beings as they should, would fit a producer well really, so his personality - as written currently - could easily support that career choice.

Potential parental backing/discouragement can be inserted, but isn't forced to be the case if it is. That can come from interacting in the RP itself and take his backstory up when you've gotten the sense about him.

Just a suggestion of course, or something to try and get the creative juices running, but I'm thinking that I'll try to help if I can here, so we can have him fleshed out a bit and gotten him into the RP. :D

Also, in case he have any special powers, or uses his unicorn magic in strange ways, we should cover that too. Might be he were pretty good at making small balls of light or his magic aura in general is rather bright, qnd he takes advantage of that to engulf small objects telekinetically and make them seem like light baubles, for example. A speciality of his if it were, though again, so far only a suggestion. :)

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, thanks for the help. I was meaning to get back to working on my OC a little more, should do that once I've got the time. Obviously, I've still got to put quite a lot of thought into this character before he is complete and I can say I'm ready to RP.

• Brohoof 1

@Heart Star

I'm sorry, no OC's under 18. :/

Okay okay, I'm just kidding. :D Let's have a serious look, shall we?

Okay, this is a tough one honestly...

Honestly, I can see you fitting in well, though I'd strongly suggest that you think on the story some more eventually. Pretty big holes in there that should be plugged, though some of that could be done through dialogue, that you can then add later.

The powers are somewhat odd though. You say that she can gain ability from non-living objects, but then mention weapons. In what way does she get the ability of say, a sword? Can she summon one? Does her head grow sharp? Because if it's the later, it sounds more like something a deranged changeling might pursue honestly.

I'd need that part with the powers clarified before I can put you in the RP. My suggestion? Keep the ability to a *magical copy* ability. Like say, she see's a cannon, she can fire a cannon ball of magic from her horn. She sees a sword? Her magic can embrace her horn, making a long, sharp telekinetic replica for a time, and be used to fight like it were steel. Basically, keep the ability copying thing to it being more magic in nature than transformative, because transformative things are more changelings, unless there is a good explanation for how things are different for your specific character.

Also, a main point I wanna take out: Don't try to summon Kirby, or any of his weird friends. Please? Not only is he only known for eating other living things to steal their powers (he's pretty evil honestly) but I don't trust that the crossover could be done right by anyone. If you do want to make something akin, try to make your own version of a gluttonous mass, as it is easier to work with a heavily inspired knock-off, than a canon character from another universe. More freedom to chose what they actually can and can't.

@Blitz Boom

To spice some things up for myself, going to challenge you here. With a question.... Drumroll

Shall I introduce Crystal Clear and Zealous Enigma.Clever names, I know. :proud:

Nah, kidding, their names are weird and I probably already asked about adding these two before :please: Hopefully their backstories don't conflict with anything canon and whatnot, or isn't too brutal for anypony.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Heart Star

I'm sorry, no OC's under 18. :/

Okay okay, I'm just kidding. :D Let's have a serious look, shall we?

Okay, this is a tough one honestly...

Honestly, I can see you fitting in well, though I'd strongly suggest that you think on the story some more eventually. Pretty big holes in there that should be plugged, though some of that could be done through dialogue, that you can then add later.

The powers are somewhat odd though. You say that she can gain ability from non-living objects, but then mention weapons. In what way does she get the ability of say, a sword? Can she summon one? Does her head grow sharp? Because if it's the later, it sounds more like something a deranged changeling might pursue honestly.

I'd need that part with the powers clarified before I can put you in the RP. My suggestion? Keep the ability to a *magical copy* ability. Like say, she see's a cannon, she can fire a cannon ball of magic from her horn. She sees a sword? Her magic can embrace her horn, making a long, sharp telekinetic replica for a time, and be used to fight like it were steel. Basically, keep the ability copying thing to it being more magic in nature than transformative, because transformative things are more changelings, unless there is a good explanation for how things are different for your specific character.

Also, a main point I wanna take out: Don't try to summon Kirby, or any of his weird friends. Please? Not only is he only known for eating other living things to steal their powers (he's pretty evil honestly) but I don't trust that the crossover could be done right by anyone. If you do want to make something akin, try to make your own version of a gluttonous mass, as it is easier to work with a heavily inspired knock-off, than a canon character from another universe. More freedom to chose what they actually can and can't.

It's like Kirby. She doesn't summon Kirby, she just gains the power to use his abilities.

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

It's like Kirby. She doesn't summon Kirby, she just gains the power to use his abilities.

By eating people? Oh dear...

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

@Heart Star

How does the spell work though? I still need clarification on that. Examples of some kind would go a good deal of way, as a suggestion. It's just a weird sounding concept that I need to know how works before I can green-light things. Otherwise, I might suddenly stand in a middle of a bunch of hats, and a character cackling and throwing herself around looking like a throwing star, without knowing what to do about it.

========================================================================================================

@TheDragonflyArtShop

Alright, let's see what we have here then.

Huh... For an alicorn, I had expected a grandness to things, and not this more down to earth angle. I like it. ^_^ A fresh take on an alicorn rather than *great and powerful ruler*. Powers seems tuned down and outright held back, the artist angle is unusual, and could be quite interesting, and the backstory - whilst short - does provide the basic skeleton to understanding her, whilst leaving a lot of room for spur of the moment character development through flashbacks and stories.

I am not entirely sure what you mean about *loose ends* but if it is in regards to her doing the dirty work I think you're implying, just keep it off screen and gloss over it somewhat when talking/thinking about it, and we shouldn't have a problem. :) I'm sure you can get creative with walking the line on this.

I see no reason to not accept your character as it stands now. Approved!

Now, before going on to characters that you may wish to interact with, I will say that I have two angles that could relate to your character, in case you would find that interesting.

The first is basically a filly that were taken along with her entire town by changelings, and got broken out halfway through the process of turning. She is mostly changeling, but not being there through everything, she doesn't have an initiate idea how her abilities work, and being taken from them means she haven't gotten any training either. She also have no memories of her former life.

I can go into things more another time if it is, but basically, I never did specify what town she came from, and she does still have parts of her cutie mark left, even if it is somewhat blurred. If you had the want sometimes to have a link to Ebony's kingdom, you could have one there. :) You can see more of her in the google doc beneath my signature. She's called Brittle Buzz.

Second one doesn't have a page yet (I hate the way the bio pages are broken currently) but I have used her for a while now. Her name is Scarcity. A antique dealer in Canterlot, and a prominent player in the black market and grey market circles. She have made a name for herself in the scenes as a prominent seller and acquirer of various items (mainly antiques and magical artifacts) and as somepony who can assure a secret meeting place and/or auction site, that will be untraceable, and not leave a shred of evidence behind for anypony who might snoop around later.

I haven't had others from that circle to play off yet, but seeing as you are in control of an enforcer and one of the biggest players on the market, there could be a connection to work off there. Scarcity wouldn't be stupid enough to not get herself well introduced to the big stud himself, and show him that she could be useful. You got to stay relevant to stay alive there. :)

And as a small note: Scarcity doesn't just live as a black and grey market individual. Officially, she is nothing more than an antiques dealer who have made herself a lucrative living from selling to wealthy collectors. Since she leaves no clues of her business, very few who is not on her payroll or in the line of work themselves knows of her involvement, and the few who does know, she makes sure doesn't talk about it. Either out of fear, or through an understand of her usefulness in tracking down certain problematic items and beings that might disappear.

Anyway, those were just a few that came up when seeing what you wrote. You can use either, or none, though if the black market does get mentioned near Scarcity for some reason eventually, she will interfere. Even if she isn't in the know of Grass, as you call him. :)

Now then, let's go on to placements. First I'd like to ask: Where do you wish to start? We had just Ponyville for a long time, but the last year we have branched out to all of Equestria (I like to keep the players somewhat happy and less confined) so you can just say where you wanna be, and I'll tell you what I can do from there. I can create a new one to work from if it is required, so no worries. :)

Oh, and P.S? I think your picture is broken. Try uploading it to Imgur, and post the link from there. Usually works for me. :)

==========================================================================================================

@Lloyd

*scratches head*

I mean, I don't see the issue there, but I wonder where the connection is. I mean, it says Zealous is copying the book in real life, but there's not really any details on it, unless apart of the book were to destroy the book itself? Kinda wondering what is going on with that part.

Think you could elaborate on the connection there, and a tiny bit on how you think it will be? Like, is it a chasing thing of Zealous, who Crystal think is the one who destroyed the book? It helps pushing things along if I get what's going on to some extend. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Thank you! If you don't mind I would actually love to have both eventually have ties to Ebony Breeze. But the first one I would like to tackle is Brittle Buzz. I love the idea of the two of them having come from the same town/kingdom. It would definitely put a leverage in Ebony Breeze's mental state as some of the story about her parent's and past unfolds in front of her. Now as for placement to start with, I will leave that up to you. Now as for how the two of them come across each other. From Brittle Buzz's backstory it says that she sleeps in abandoned caves, maybe as Ebony Breeze is traveling to do Grass' bidding she takes the scenic route to find something to make an art piece of. Then she comes across Brittle Buzz in the dark recesses of a cave and it plays out from there? 

P.S. There actually isn't a picture made of her yet.

@TheDragonflyArtShop

Well, I usually have Brittle with a caretaker at this point, but... Hmm...

I can think something up. Never established when I had @Moonlit's new char and them meet, so I can have a gap of everything from a few hours to a few days to work with, with Brittle and Briar being separated for a time.

That, or this could start in the past. A few weeks before everything that happened perhaps? She wouldn't have met Briar there, so she'd be freshly terrified of everything, and all alone. Plus, if we run out of ideas of something to do at some point, we can jump towards more present day, and have them meet up again with Brittle's caretaker for some new things to discuss and experience.

I'd honestly prefer putting it a small bit in the past, as it makes it more fluent. I never did establish what exactly happened on Brittle's way to Ponyville (beyond a few pointers about the animals laughing at her) so a ton of leeway to work with there.

If you're okay with that, you can set the scene, and have Ebony wander into a cave for... Shelter, hiding from something, or because she thought she heard something weird. Whatever reason. :) I can play it off from there when I do my responses tomorrow.

==============================================================================================

@Heart Star

How does she wield the ability I've only seen Kirby do this when he eats things. How would it translate to a pony?

Let me set a scenario:

You stumble upon a fighting scene. In the middle of things, someone draws a katana, and your character then decided to wield the ability from it. What then would happen?

Or does the weapon in question need a function beyond just being used to hit with? Like a cannon, mechanical devise, or magical weapon?

I'll ask into what would happen if the weapon whose abilities you'd copy were magic (Say... Had magical flames on it, as an easy example) but try to answer the above first. And in details, please. I'd like to have you in the RP, but the power you present is strange, and I really do need to understand it before we can proceed. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Victoria Sponge 

If you’re still up for having our characters meet up as we had planned a while back, I’ll be mentioning you in one of my next few posts for Penny, my chocolatier.  I’m thinking about having one of my characters make a phone call, perhaps leaving a message if you’re okay with that.

• Brohoof 1

@Lucid_Nightlight

Thanks for informing us. :)

============================================================================================

@Lloyd

I'll check it tomorrow. Believe me, I'd like to do it tonight, but real life have put me in a massive time delay, and I still have 8 posts to make. Gonna put my energy into seeing if I can't get those written first.