Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Sounds good to me, and I'm more than happy to let you to do the starting, it's the one thing I haven't learned during these 2 years of RPing, I'm terrible at starting posts :P 
Though, for reference, here's a video of what Nada's singing (about) sounds like (in the start, since she will be singing while swimming underwater when Berry finds her): 
https://youtu.be/YyQRS8Dqn2c?t=7s 

Hello everyone.  It’s been a while since I’ve been on here and I was hoping to get back to the RP, though my posts will probably be few and far between.  I have a lot of things going on, including working on my Halloween costume for this year, and I’m considering streaming some classic games, too.  I’ll have to catch up a bit before I post, so it may be a while before I post anything.

@Blitz Boom

So, I've been looking for the perfect moment for bringing this character into the RP and I think I found the perfect moment. Of course, I'm gonna ask your permission. Her name is Novia and I have a character page for her if you wish to see it. :adorkable:

@Storm Shine I can't wait to see Discord's reaction to the sphinx caging Fluttershy! 

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Seamore Sandwich

Not much happened in your absence that your chars were directly involved in.

I had Celestia use a spell to cause the sandstorm to not near Ponyville, which prompted the sphinx to set up a ward to stop it from happening again. Beyond that, I think all I did were some minor talk when needed, and left her, along with Last Stand, at Twilight's Castle. They've been standing outside since, with a full view of the sandstorm in the distance that's still currently standing still. I figured Celestia would stay in town to protect the citizens, in case something more happened.

Anomaly also healed Last up, so I needed to have Celestia order Last to stay, so that the castle had some degree of protection. I masked it under the princess being worried for Last, and just wanting the earth pony to not cause herself grave injuries again, bit you can interpret it in whatever fashion you wish.

Serenade and Aurora went into the desert with the others, though... That does remind me that there's a certain specter I forgot about. Just gonna go ahead and assume that Serenade dropped off the *anchor* near the castle for the time being.

And reading things over again, there are three more main things, sort of.

1. The castle have gotten a garden sprung uop around it, with some statues, a fountain, and herding benches among other things. Draconequus work. It's completely safe, but you know, an environment thing for the setting, just in case. I can try and explain more if you need it.

2. There is a dragon sitting there now too, with her right arm in an arm sling, bipedal and about the size of a human. Her name's Nerzhei, and she's a scholar. She came to give the warning about the sphinx in the forest, and are now sitting outside the castle, trying to gather her strength. It's been a draining day for the dragoness.

3. Lyriel, my dryad in pony form, is also there. She hadn't had a good day, so I made her turn into a bush to recuperate for the time being. No actual details of what's gone on with them have been said, but I just wanted to make sure you knew they were there too.

Lemme know if you wanna know more. :) Also, last page Celestia was on, were page 305. In case you want to read things yourself.

=========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

I'll have a look over the character tomorrow. Pretty late here right now, and I need some sleep. :)

Lord Midnight madness as actually comes from Maretroplis a city far from Equesteria. He was born to a royal family but soon broke off from his family after his brother stole the throne. He moved to cloudsdale and became a weather pony, but with him being an alicorn he would be treated differently. He didn't want that so he always wore a hat to cover his horn. He kicked his way to the top of the weather team in about 20 years, after this he realized maybe he could improve his job by using his magic, so he studied books and learned spells to calm the weather. He learned how to control a thunderstorm or clear a sky in less time. He knows spells such as aging, time travel, teleporting, levitation and mind reading. He learned these spells on his own and any unicorn could but he put in the time to learn them. If you don't earn it in life you don't appreciate it.

To everyone.

Another family weekend, which might pressure the RP writing. I'll try and do what I can, but I may have to respond to some a little later than others, and Sunday will perhaps be replaced with Monday, depending on how many I'd have to answer there. Busy days this is. I may have to resort to short responses for a time to make everything fit well.

==========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

She seems fine, but could I get some details about her powers? I'm already having a tough time keeping the desert group in control, and a wild card could be... Problematic. Frankly I'd much prefer it if you tried to have her enter the RP after they have split up again, to not make this a cluster bomb of things more than it already is.

I know you'd like to get her in now, since it may seem a good time for you to have more meddlers in, but you'll have to make a convincing argument for it as it is already going haywire enough as it is with just the currently present group.

===========================================================================================

@Lord Midnight Madness

Alright, a bit more information there, grand. However you've still dodged the actual questions I keep asking you: What is the limitations of his powers, and what powers does he have? With writing in something like time travelling and aging, it's leading towards time magic, but unless there is some kind of limitation on how it is done, it will basically be impossible to keep in check. What's the point of having a dangerous situation when you can just travel back in time and redo everything, without any consequences? How does one control aging without messing things up elsewhere? What connection does this have with a weather pony? What is his moral stance on meddling with time etc.

I have allowed a good deal of alicorns and draconequui into the RP because I've been shown some limitations, morality, and/or the ability to handle things. The only time traveler in the RP right now for example, is painfully aware of what consequences it have to meddle with it, and manages to balance things well, the few times when he have shown himself. So far all I've gotten from Midnight is that he is a royal who ran from home, used a big hat to hide his horn, and have a multitude of powers with undisclosed limitations. Also, how would nopony ever notice that he could cast magic, just because he wore a hat? Either it would've fallen off at some point, or it'd get painfully obvious that pegasus meddling wasn't the only thing keeping the skies clear.

His magic has limitations. He doesn't use advanced spells at random but he is an alicorn.  He does not medal with the space time continuum in any way nor does he meddle with ponies aging. He didn't use his magic as his days as a weather pony. He also went undiscovered for many years and then was discovered about 20 years later. He is still a weather pony but part of the magic division of cloudsdale which is for creation and improvement of the weather of equesteria. I hope this clears up some more questions.

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom @Dji @Seamore Sandwich @BloodDrops @Moonlit @Lucid_Nightlight@Blitz Boom

Sorry for the lack of postings lately, I'm house sitting for a friend (Actually staying at their place for the duration, as they have a cat and dog I have to feed before and after work on the week days.) and they have absolutely terrible internet in the weirdest way. I can stream videos just fine most of the time, or voicechat on xbox, or even do multiplayer with only a bit of lag- but downloading anything, browsing the web, and online chat systems are superduper slow... :derp: :squee:

(Edit: There are short periods of time where the internet is almost great. :squee: )

Edited by Storm Shine

Think I'll keep on writing from the perspective of 1 character when it comes to the desert group. Made it a good deal easier for me to get down. :)

=====================================================================================

@Storm Shine

That is one of the weirdest web issues I've ever heard about. Sorry you have to go through that. :/ We do love when your internet is sort of great though, so we can get more Discord postings. ^^ You're doing a great job.

======================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Good good. We'll revisit this when the time comes. :) And let me know if I misunderstood the lava thing in the post. I can edit it if it is.

========================================================================================

@Lord Midnight Madness

Some were answered, yes, but I think we aren't gonna get much further without me seeing what you can do. So, I'll approve you for the RP, but I want you and I to have some RP to the side of everything else, at least for now. We can transition towards the others in due time, if you so desire.

Anypony in particular you'd like to write your character with? You can check the google doc under my signature for most of my characters, and the ones I posted above perhaps too, as they may also catch your eyes. If none of them, or you want a specific type of being, then write it here, and I'll see what I got that'll fit your want. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Yea, Lucid actually drank all the lava and gave Anomaly the cup to eat. There was no lava when he threw it.

But it didn't really change things too much, so maybe we can keep the fire part in for humor purposes :-D

@Catpone Cerberus

For future reference, internal dialogue difference is the "(insert text)" part. Internal dialogue is without the "". Usually why I don't do much internal dialogue. :)

=================================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Roger that, though still, throwing plastic at nature. Bad Pooqus, bad. :p

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

For future reference, internal dialogue difference is the "(insert text)" part. Internal dialogue is without the "". Usually why I don't do much internal dialogue. :)

Aright, and for me, if it wasn't clear already, this is thinking, this is 'narrator' "and this is dialogue" :) 

@Blitz Boom

If it's okay to ask, what'll happen to the other character in the desert group? Is it like one day this character and the next day the other character or do they both speak while only one characters thoughts are said? Or does one stay in the background until the sphinx is defeated? I'm kinda curious :adorkable:

Btw, I'm actually pretty excited to see what shenanigans Anomaly will pull whenever Novia is introduced to after the whole sphinx thing. Who knows how much trouble Lucid will have trying to keep Anomaly quiet about his secret crush towards Novia. So much potential to be outright hilarious! :laugh:

@Lucid_Nightlight

I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean what happens when I write from the perspective of one character, then it's just that. They're all there, but you only see the actions through the eyes of 1 being, who will then describe what they see the others do.

If that wasn't your question, I have no idea mate, sorry. :)

And also, Lucid will not be able to stop Anomaly. She'd turn herself into a big sign saying *Lucid loves you lots* or something similar  on the spot, no warning given. :P It's more drama and advancing Lucid's *act*, which she can't help herself poking at as a theater draconequus. The scene is set, have to give the actors their cues. :P

======================================================================================================

Everyone.

I know I'm still around 4-5 posts behind, but I promise that I'll edit them into the post I made, sometime when I can tomorrow. Hopefully morning-midday roughly. Had a good deal written, but then a looooot of stuff happened, and I didn't wanna scrap this, so splitting it up became the only real solution. Sorry to those who have to wait for a bundle of hours more. :(

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Blitz Boom said:

@Lucid_Nightlight

I am not sure what you mean by that. If you mean what happens when I write from the perspective of one character, then it's just that. They're all there, but you only see the actions through the eyes of 1 being, who will then describe what they see the others do.

If that wasn't your question, I have no idea mate, sorry. :)

And also, Lucid will not be able to stop Anomaly. She'd turn herself into a big sign saying *Lucid loves you lots* or something similar  on the spot, no warning given. :P It's more drama and advancing Lucid's *act*, which she can't help herself poking at as a theater draconequus. The scene is set, have to give the actors their cues. :P

You got the question spot on thanks. :)

As for the Novia thing, that's gonna be fun for sure! :-D

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

It's set in this RP's universe. Our other siren player made a good argument that as large sea predators, they were likely to need some nourishment that were not dependent on each keeping a herd of ponies fighting to soak up the emotional food. Considering your siren have not feasted upon emotions for a long time, she especially would need to get her nourishment from somewhere else. But you know, fish doesn't need to be the only thing. A rabbit or something here and there could work, or she could float over to a river now and again., Several options.

Everything living needs to eat, one way or another. :)

• Brohoof 1