Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

Everything living needs to eat, one way or another.

Obviously, but since in MLP universe dragons eat gems and birds eat salad, she could have easily been herbivore.

But if it's set so it's set so, that's why I wanted to make sure. :) 

@Catpone Cerberus

Oh yah, didn't think about that.

...Well, you could have meat being mostly for proteins and then herbs and other things as the main dishes if you want. Always an option. :)

===============================================================================

Everyone.

Sorry for the delay in things. Got hectic today as well... But regardless, all the posts are now made. You can find them in the big post from yesterday. :) Enjoy.

Except for the last part. A lot had happened, so made that a separate post for the desert group to catch up with things.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Oh yah, didn't think about that.

...Well, you could have meat being mostly for proteins and then herbs and other things as the main dishes if you want. Always an option. :)

Well, I went with the whole blown meat diet, it's easier for me to have either meat or plants and not both :twi: and besides, it's only fitting that both of my characters eat meat :P .

@Rising Dusk

It's okay, it can happen. :)

====================================================================================================

Everyone

I won't be able to respond until tomorrow. Just got home from the hospital after some minor surgery yesterday, and want to relax the head a bit. And before it's asked, it was a gastric bypass. Everything went smoothly, though it does hurt a bit. But that's what the pills of happy is for. ^_^

I should be be able to get something out tomorrow. Just figured I'd let you know.

Skrooonk!

I'm BAAaaaaAAAck!!

So what Have I missed in the... several months I've been gone? There still room for me, or have I been too long forgotten to start up again? Kinda was pondering about starting up my own rp thread as a Hydra.

@Dji @Widdershins

Actually, you're wrong Dji. There are two sphinx, but one of them is the invader in the desert, whilst the other one - Enzo - is far from that powerful, and have nothing to do with the female. He used to be a guard for one fo the Elements of Disharmony, got out, were tricked into attacking Canterlot, and when it was figured out that he had been misled, he stopped it again. The generals offered him to do good by helping them instead, so he did, but got bored laying on the lawn and waiting to be seen, so he started talking to a few ponies who weren't spooked off by the large feline. Karmic were near somepony he was irritated with and told to keep it down, and then he took her away to the forest near Canterlot to have a chat. He's not even in the Everfree currently, or if he is, it's on the far side away from the others. Plus he have no idea what Ponyville is. He's been trapped for 300 years, so current events? Not so much. :p

Also, he doesn't want world domination or something like that. He just wants a roof over his head, a large, fluffy pillow, and some fish. Not too much to ask for, right?

Beyond that, welcome back once again Widders. You can come back into things, but it depends with what chars, and then we should see if the setting they were in could still be worked. The whole thing going on in Smokey's manor can, as it have been in limbo, but I remember what else you were in, heh.

=================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

It's fine, it's a huge forest, and Berry more or less just ignored it. Imagine that when the storm went on, Nada was swimming or having a nap, and missed it. They can see the outskirts of it at some point if you'd like, but it's not filling out the entire forest. I made it very clear when it happened that I did not want that, as we still need some forest for other settings.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dji @Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Storm Shine @EQ_Theta @BloodDrops

I tried to follow how it was done in the clip I saw from the show when it came to the changeling transformation thing, but I'm honestly not sure if I got it right, so feel free to correct me on ow to do it properly if I messed up. Thank you. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

Think that's kinda the issue with this thread. @Blitz Boom. Like, this ain't no criticism, I'm far too imbalanced to focus that hard on an opinion, but it's this huge displays of magical power or seeming plot relevence. It intimidates. Someposter new wanders in, sees some scene about fighting or sudden terraforming and they think they have to notice it & involve themselves, because how could their character not notice it?

I ain't whappin' nopony wit' a rolled up newspaper here but the whole Elements of Disharmony kinda does feel like its own rp thread riding under all this. After all, this place was & is for practicing RP, right? ...or poofing in to muck around with everyposter else!

Which reminds me! How have been things, @Dji? Did you want to pick things back up with my tsun-drake? 

I probably ought sort out my loose ends here. I take it @~Phoenix~ sadly never came back to our bit in your mansion, B.B? While I don't quite remember where I left Ambie on such short notice before I left; do remember I was starting in on introducing the parents. A... bit ambitious of me to undertake, I should say. 

@Widdershins

Might have to blame me there for being the one to kick this off to the way it is. I may have not brung up elements first off, but it was part of one of my characters backstories, and now a key part of their story so far, that and the magic fights aren't even that big as they were to begin with, so it'd be less likely to force an rper to join my characters journey, though that may change in the future :mlp_please:

@Blitz Boom

Would like to notify you that I'm less motivated to post, also as a result, won't post as often, mainly because of the lack of things to make my characters do, unless I am expected to be the one to kick things off for the action part, If that's the case I'd like to know if you meant that at any point. :P 

@FanOfManyShows ...Lloyd?

Eh, it's no black mark on your part, by surely I mean it! Heck, I wanna do the same thing with one of my bigger 'sonas! But I just kinda feel bad, like, sucking others into "My Story" and expecting them to just play along as other side characters. 

It ain't no Bad. Just a bit of a catalyst for things to get way outta appendage! ...which kind of always was the intent, I suppose. I feel bad about Blitz having to run damage control every two thread pages, lol! Each of us got enough trouble balancing our other lives rather than having to keep tabs on the politics of an rp thread, lol! 

@Widdershins

Actually, this thread is more to accommodate mostly what RP that people would want. That being someplace with no restrictions on what sort of character they can make for example, long as they can make logical arguments for it, and don't try to Mary Sue things. The story then goes to where it goes, and honestly? Most of the time, I have no idea where that it, it just sort of happens and we juggle it in the moment.

It's one of the reasons why I tend to have new ones given the option to sit in kind of a vacuum, and not see what else is going on as they're slowed into things. Also why I went beyond the borders of Ponyville and the Everfree Forest, since it allowed more room for things to happen, without everypony needing to notice. I did that once when the monster attacked, and everything got very confusing there at points, especially as a few left all of a sudden.

As for the Disharmony aspect, that's mainly just Lloyd (fanofmanyshows) and I that are left there, and it barely plays a part in things anymore. The sphinx I have mentions it, but that's mostly because that's been most of his life guarding it. He has no interest in hunting it down again.

And no, Phoenix didn't really come back. She were around about a week into June, and said she'd like to take the RP up again, but then just vanished. I figure we're better off cutting our losses there, and if you still wish to use the mansion for something, we can sort that out somehow. Whatever floats your boat. :)

============================================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

I actually do kinda need you to push things too, yes. I enable story more than lead it, and specially in your characters cases, the stories are really theirs, and as such, I'm the supporting characters. Sapphire and Astral are the center of most of it, and each search for their own, that being a mother for one, and a body for the other, while the general's ceremony is more or less ready to happen. Just a small reply to Benny, then saying something like *went off and did important stuff until night* or something. Then we can get past that, and you'll officially have the General title on Iron Wings, so he can decide what next to do. :) Chase somepony? He got it. Treasure hunting? Hey, his celebration, let's go nuts.

Remember, your characters are at the heart of those stories. Emerald, Chow, Scarcity, all of them are just there to add some meat to things and support your agenda. Just don't eat them. :p

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom
So I had an idea, regarding the storyline of Ruby, Spicy and Marley, I was thinking if there could be some kind of artifact somewhere hidden inside the walls or floor or something that Ruby would sense. Now, I haven't planned anything, but I figured it would be cool if there was something that effects Ruby because of her being a dragon. what I mean is that there could be an artifact with enchantment that either a some kind of anti-dragon thing that causes Ruby discomfort when she's close to it, or something opposite of that, making her very drawn on the artifact. It could deepen the mystery about Ruby now that she isn't revealed yet.
I don't know if it would hold any importance to the story, because like said, I haven't planned anything, but just figured I could suggest it.

Tell your thoughts, if you don't like it or if you have suggestions or something :)  

@Catpone Cerberus

Sounds funny, let's do it. :) So the question is if we want Ruby to go full on Gollum then... Well, I'm a man of cruel visions, so I'll say we take both items. In one room, they'll find an item which is highly valuable but is repulsive to dragons. I'm thinking some kind of rare, ancient perfume perhaps, hidden inside jars packed so closely into the wall that they'd be hard to spot for anyone who wasn't looking. That sort would sell for a high price to both those who loathe being around dragons, and alchemists who'd want to replicate it and make a mint from that.

Another room then, will contain a locket on a long chain (So that it can fit on Ruby in both forms, though the pony form would have to wrap the chain a few times around her neck). It will be pretty uninteresting, with the chain being silver, the locket gold, and covered in a generally worthless /these days anyway) gem called... Let's go with Volcano Rubies. Spicy would suggest just melting it down for the gold and sell the chain separately, after they crack it open to see what may be inside. Ruby may feel something within that she wants and feels that if the locket is broken open, that thing will be gone, so she'd be fiercely protective, and would want it for herself. Her very own precious. :P To make a link that may eventually be possible to follow, let's say that what's inside is a...

Actually, you know what? There's nothing inside (unless you wantone that can be open and hold some pictures or whatever), it's the outside that's important, as the gold could just be gold-covered scales from an elder dragon. That sort would be more a novelty than anything for a pony, but for dragons? To hold a piece of ancient dragons that still feels like a sliver of the primal, raw power of their kind is embedded within? That would be essentially priceless.

Your thoughts on this?

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Sounds funny, let's do it. :) So the question is if we want Ruby to go full on Gollum then... Well, I'm a man of cruel visions, so I'll say we take both items. In one room, they'll find an item which is highly valuable but is repulsive to dragons. I'm thinking some kind of rare, ancient perfume perhaps, hidden inside jars packed so closely into the wall that they'd be hard to spot for anyone who wasn't looking. That sort would sell for a high price to both those who loathe being around dragons, and alchemists who'd want to replicate it and make a mint from that.

Another room then, will contain a locket on a long chain (So that it can fit on Ruby in both forms, though the pony form would have to wrap the chain a few times around her neck). It will be pretty uninteresting, with the chain being silver, the locket gold, and covered in a generally worthless /these days anyway) gem called... Let's go with Volcano Rubies. Spicy would suggest just melting it down for the gold and sell the chain separately, after they crack it open to see what may be inside. Ruby may feel something within that she wants and feels that if the locket is broken open, that thing will be gone, so she'd be fiercely protective, and would want it for herself. Her very own precious. :P To make a link that may eventually be possible to follow, let's say that what's inside is a...

Actually, you know what? There's nothing inside (unless you wantone that can be open and hold some pictures or whatever), it's the outside that's important, as the gold could just be gold-covered scales from an elder dragon. That sort would be more a novelty than anything for a pony, but for dragons? To hold a piece of ancient dragons that still feels like a sliver of the primal, raw power of their kind is embedded within? That would be essentially priceless.

Your thoughts on this?

(I actually had to google Gollum due never seeing the LotR movies :P )

Sounds good to me, thought there's two things 1. the jars, now I blame my not yet perfect English, but I didn't get how they would be found. And second, the locket, I like the idea of dragon-scales and the general worthlessness (and it still feeling like the power could make it so that Ruby can sense it with here sense, but she wouldn't be sure what she's feeling) but, instead of it being a locket, I'd like it to be a piece of jewelry with eye of a Dragon, Something Like this

@Catpone Cerberus

Alright, so something that looks like a cheap tourist souvenir, wrapped in real gold and sapphire, but is actually containing the preserved, shrunken eye of an ancient dragon? Sounds grand to me.

As for the jars, it's pretty standard for Spicy to check for things the ones who have been there before wouldn't, and the walls would be as good a place to examine as anything. Since she knows what's worth something more than the average looter or adventurer/grave robber (and isn't under a time restraints or distracted by gold and gems) she'd actually look and take her time, which would lead her to find some clues to something being movable, and find jars of something she would recognize as being valuable. Though fair's fair, so let's say it's more that they're higher up in small holes into the walls, and again, the ones who had been there before were busy nicking the stuff that shined. As for why they're there, I'd say that dragon-proofing your tomb would be a good thing to do if you had done something they wouldn't like, say obtain a dragons eye, and whatever extra he had in his collection got buried with him.

And really, go watch LotR. It's some good stuff. :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so let's see... believe, last we left off, @Dji ...

I was trying to wrest out of Dawn just why she couldn't fly & getting around to asking where she wanted to be flown to. Since I do think everypony else there had left the scene already. Nothing much else has happened with Dawn since February then? 

I'll have to try giving this more thought tomorrow about how to accomplish such... o-once I get some sleep...