Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Update: As of today, November 3'th 2020, this thread is still open for anypony. I'll try to edit in monthly about this, but my memory is bad, so just be assured that unless anything else is written, I'm never gonna bar or abandon this thread. :)

For anypony looking: This thread is never getting closed for new joiners, veteran, regular or fresh faces alike. If you want in, there is room for your OC. There is also room for those wishing to play the cannon characters such as the mane six, the princesses and so forth. Claimed cannons are:

Twilight Sparkle. Played by @EQ_Theta.

Fluttershy. Played by @EQ_Theta.

To gain exclusive control of a canon character, contact me about it, and we'll take it from there. ^_^ 

Take notice: This isn't a thread focused around my pony, it's meant as a place where anypony can start off, or join in for some fun. Consider it a newcomers intro cauldron into roleplay, with added spice of whoever else wants to come around. With that being said, on to the writing.

Further notice: Even if it seems like everypony here have their own and it's impossible to join anything, don't be discouraged to join. If you want to interact with the current groups going at their random thing, just write yourself in and we'll take it from there. If you want to start your own angle, begin something, and in case you haven't gotten a response in about 24 hours, I will then make an NPC or see if some of my OC's are free and make sure you're not alone. ^_^

TImelines: In case you prefer an evening setting or want to write with somepony as in *The next day* It is allowed, though not further than a day ahead of everypony else. The timelines can fit easy into each other if it's in a span of 24 hours. Less easy when we talk weeks apart or something like that. :D

The thread link: http://mlpforums.com/topic/110191-casual-stroll/

Hello everypony. :)

Been about 4 days since I've joined the forums now and everything here have been good so far. Except that I can't find a good place to start some role play, as the existing ones seem to be focused on very out there ideas that I, as a new member, can't really just jump into since I haven't even gotten a feel for the roleplaying aspect of my character yet.

It made me think though, with all the other new people I've seen join over the last few days, perhaps I'm not the only one who could use a place to quietly ease into this?

As such, I present an idear here that I hope that somepony - newcomers or not - would also think could be a good thing to join in on. A simple, no-focused thread going on around/in Ponyville that can let everypony have their say in things. There will be no directions for this, just a begining, and then we'll see where the plot will takes us. :)

If you would like to join this, and/or if you might have an idear added, then go ahead and post it. After a few days I'll see if there's enough here to start something, and then make an open thread in the actual roleplay section if there's enough interest. :)

My character Blitz Boom is living in the Everfree Forest, but she makes trips to Ponyville once in awhile, so any place around the town is basically a good place to start.

As for rules, I only have a few.

No graphic murder/overly strong violence: A fight or something may be fine enough, and a death can be acceptable if done right, but there's no need to make a casual thread into Friday the 13'th.

No rushing/godmodding: No-one finds it fun when somepony just takes off with things without their consent. Give people a bit of time to breathe in between posts, and don't have them be dragged off by force unless it's been cleared with the person here in there OOC section. :)

If you stop in the thread, let us know here, and write your character out in the IC part: I can't imagine anypony else wanting to wait around for someone that just upped and left without a word, so be respectful of others if you leave, okay?

I can write you out in a small section if you have trouble doing so yourself, but a self-addressed solution is preferred.

That's pretty much it. The rest is covered by the roleplaying rules (such as no explicit things etc) and other than that, I'd like to think I can trust you all to make the right decisions. :)

Alicorns etc. is allowed, and everypony can decide for themselves afterwards if they want to take some of this as canon, but in case of alicorn join ups, consider it non-canon in general. ^^

If there's any questions or anything, feel free to pop it into this thread. I'll be checking with regularity. :)

((If you need some info on Blitz Boom, there is a link to her bios in my signature))

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 13

Yey. ^^ Good to see some interest in this. :) And especially since you also joined in on it Storm Shine. ^_^

Checked both of your bioses as well Disruptis and Storm Shine, and they look good. ^^ Will look forward to seeing the one for Glitch Twitch, Dusk Shade. :)

Will give this a day or two more to see if there's anyone else who'll jump in, but that dosn't mean we can't have a little banter going between us on how to start this out. :) Any preferences?

I'll join. Could be interesting.

Name: Red Sage

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/red-sag-r7057

Do you mind if I make him be coming home from WWII? Like him coming back to his home and seeing his family again. And his family moved from Maneston to Ponyville and then the whole story thing. There will be no flashbacks or violence.

I'll join. Could be interesting.

Name: Red Sage

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/red-sag-r7057

Do you mind if I make him be coming home from WWII? Like him coming back to his home and seeing his family again. And his family moved from Maneston to Ponyville and then the whole story thing. There will be no flashbacks or violence.

No problem with that. :) Flashbacks are allowed too if you need it, but just try to keep the violent details down. Some things from said war could be used to reinforce your character after all, as for example flashbacks to just before fights, or of friends etc. Not trying to cripple character development after all. :)

Will be interesting to see how he'll react around Blitz Boom and her explosives. :P

Book Quill sounds interesting Harmony Cube. :) I am looking forward to how a historian/writer sort will work out. :D

(Edit) Actually, now that I think of it Pvt. Applejack, perhaps the start can then be that Red Sage comes to Ponyville? I will still make a start post, but I can keep it low on where it actually starts off in it's writing, and having the classic *Soldier returning home* angle could be a good way to start things off. :)

Just a suggestion that is. If anypony else haves another way they would prefer, or if you'd like we start of elsewhere pvt. Applejack, I'm all ears. :D

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

No problem with that. :) Flashbacks are allowed too if you need it, but just try to keep the violent details down. Some things from said war could be used to reinforce your character after all, as for example flashbacks to just before fights, or of friends etc. Not trying to cripple character development after all. :)

Will be interesting to see how he'll react around Blitz Boom and her explosives. :P

Book Quill sounds interesting Harmony Cube. :) I am looking forward to how a historian/writer sort will work out. :D

(Edit) Actually, now that I think of it Pvt. Applejack, perhaps the start can then be that Red Sage comes to Ponyville? I will still make a start post, but I can keep it low on where it actually starts off in it's writing, and having the classic *Soldier returning home* angle could be a good way to start things off. :)

Just a suggestion that is. If anypony else haves another way they would prefer, or if you'd like we start of elsewhere pvt. Applejack, I'm all ears. :D

That does sound good. I'll definitely use that. And those explosives may trigger something. But not really violent. Also when will this start?

I'll start it off tomorrow. I have some time when in the bus I can use for messing something out. :)

Morning or afternoon? My school lets out at 3:10 but I get home at like 4:30. And on the bus I got little kindergarten kids sayin "what are you doing". Kinda hard to think if something with that in your ear.

There is room for all here, even after we start, so no worry Midnight Starfall. :)

As to when it is... Well, in Denmark it will be at around 8-9 in the morning, not sure in other regions what time that is. But hey, no rush or anything here. :) I never expected you to be able to answer within 7 seconds of it posting. :P

Room for everyone here Rainbow Eclipse. :)

Oh, and the thread is made http://mlpforums.com/topic/110191-casual-stroll/ :P I hadn a half hour and nothing to do so... Yeah. ^_^

It's a bit bland now, but it is meant as a step for everypony to make their own beginning to it. The setting is there now, so what will be filled up is up to everypony here. :D

While I do hope that Pvt. Applejack could be the first to make a line go through it all, this is open for how you'd like this to go as well, and everypony won't need to interact with eachother if they don't want to. So whatever begining to this you want for your OC, feel free to go at it. :) I will have Blitz Boom enter eventually, but I will give everypony some time to add their own flavor first to this cauldron. ^_^

Disruptis, you're free to make and control your own NPC's, but to make it easyer for people I would suggest you write the NPC's dialogue in another color, just to help diferenciate. :)

And welcome to the thread SpaceOnion. :)

It's good to see the life starting to get into this. :) We have 2 lines going right now, will look forward to see if more will come, and/or if people will mingle with what is already there. :3

@

Disruptis

There's a link to her bios in my Signature Disruptis, just below the colored kaboom. :)

(Edit) (Would add the notification that'd come from someone mentioning your name, but I have no idear how any of you do that. If you could tell, I'd start doing that. :) )

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Midnight Starfall,

Oh, like that. ^_^ Thanks.

Just to verify, not bailing out of the thread, just preparing for something later on in the posts. Also, giving our police stalion somepony to hunt in case he feels left out, or if anypony else could take advantage from the runaway. :)

Have fun in Sugarcube Corner for now. ^_^