Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Oh, and was wanting to say, @Blitz Boom

What I kinda planned to do there in the matchup with @Dji was that the flurry of action into the air would be a sort of out for your two characters there so you could be free up for other spots. Eventually, I dunno how, but figured from there Dawn could try and talk Kaltrop into flying her home and thus, end the day quickly thataway.

Oh, and from what I last remember, don't think you directly involved the parents yet. Don't got any plans there with them other than, maybe, them demanding to know where their runaway foal went. I leave that leg of things up to you. 

And... think I'm kinda confused right now what's going on in the canterlot mansion. Surely Rose can't help exorcise ghostly ire? And what of another Anomaly?

@Widdershins

I just have Spicy and Marley ready in case Dawn falls. If the two of them takes off, they're just gonna go on their merry way and shrug it off. Ponyville's a town in need, so it's likely they'll stick around and see if somepony might need a loan, even with interests. :)

As for the parents, I figure they'll just show up eventually. I have set up the scene to play for Ambie and Happy for now, so what happens from there is up to you. :) Though, I will say that I have some plans for the encounter... There is a certain... Somepony, that Happy knows well, who I have planned to show up. The parents being there would make for an interesting battle of wits considering the mother seems like she haves a will of steel, but even without, I might simply have her join up first to see if I can... Shall we say, give his mother a reason to get angry.

94851BAFA34864BAA2FEC899D755C7C6351E357D

All in due time though. First I shall await to see what Ambie will do. Then we will see how things will evolve from there.

As for Anomaly, as we went over, she is just part of the ones who didn't get absorbed yet, and I mainly just have her around to get Rose riled up for the time being. And to plant another nuisance somewhere in the mansion. She is currently not interfering with the whole spirit thing, as you are well aware how pure iron turns her powers against her, and Rose is hunting her with a shovel that have a blade of pure iron.

Rose stumbled over the scene here by accident, and swings at Widdershins as she is aggravated by whatever Anomaly did to her garden, and thinking this home invader is working with him. From what I understand, pure iron isn't a weakness of his, so it shouldn't affect him, but the shovel could come in use, as your last post from the mansion mentioned that Widdershins believed that either silver or pure iron could help disperse the spirits in their current state, making them easier to handle one by one, spread around the mansion.

Basically, even if Widders can't go near Legion, it's still a shovel aimed at him, so he needs to take some action. You can have Grim or Sorrow take it afterwards to initiate t he sequence of events that will cause the spirits to rummage around. :)

And as to what happened to the garden... I won't say that yet, but considering Anomaly likes to mutate and cause plants to be more than still things unable to fend for themselves, it might involve teeth. :D

• Brohoof 1

Fuh, Forums been iffy lately. Hard time trying to search up these threads when it hasn't been notified to me. Anyhow!

A stone sounded like the opposite to Omen. It was solid, unchanging unless it was chiseled, sometimes even in color and shape, and it was a building block of things meant to last. It was a stable thing, even if time and weather took away from it, and considering everything, it was the best idea she had to what the opposite of Discord might be.

Rosa on the other hoof, didn't think it sounded correct. A stone were a tool, not an entity, and it couldn't make the decisions needed to make it something to consider. Otherwise, they'd have to include all kinds of inanimate objects, and they'd just stray further away from the subject then.

"I imagine a floating sphere. A single color with no flaws in design, turning everything it touches into other floating spheres. Thoughts and will wouldn't be welcome to something that only made order, though you'd have to ask him."

I know I ain't got no context and you all is probably have scads more backstory built around it than for me to come waltzing in to hamfistedly shunk myself into things... buuuut~~*

Hooh, That sounds impressively close to a concept I've been working on! Ukase! Draconequus Spirit of Order! Deigned by design to be the opposite similarity to Discord, but just as childish & petulant as he can be. Sort of the Twilight to his Pinkie! While intimidating as a stone giant, forcing Change feels too much like giving into the discord he hates, therefore despite being an unsubtle, three-story giant he prefers manipulation & coaxing.  Like handing out pamphlets about how important Order is at train stations. 

Stone rarely changes. Order wouldn't force you to change, but it'd want to make you want to. Specifically, to one order; an order agreed upon by all... or by the one in charge who's convinced they know what's proper Order. Free Will is Chaos & Discord. There's always extremes to go too far in the opposite direction with.

Oh, which reminds me. Technically speaking though, Discord is ALSO the cannonical Spirit of Order. In the comic books ponies is made him feel all bad or somethin', so he just up & decided to completely overwrite his literal character. He basically brainwashed everypony until Twilight Sparkle pointed out that he was taking friendship too far and apologized.

...*cough* Not that... I'm asking to wedge another character in... juuust saying I think, if needed, I could play into that if that was somethin' y'all was gonna pursue!

@Widdershins

No backstory to the Sphere comment. Just a guess made by Sub Rosa when the concept of Discord's opposite came up.

I have to disagree on a small point here mate: Order would most definitely want you to change. Especially absolute order.

Free thoughts can lead to chaos, so it must be controlled in order to keep order. The same would be the case with emotions, actions, etc. The more free will you have, the less in order you are.

Of course, this is the extreme, but a spirit of order would be kind of extreme, yes? Although, are you sure a draconequus would fit this? They're chaotic beings by nature. Having one suddenly be orderly seems odd, though I'm sure you can find a way to sell it. :)

Then again, it sounds as if what you want to work with would be the more down to earth version, who would attempt to recruit others into his fold, where they would learn true order, and live by it's codes, in an area where the rules are the law, instead of Equestrian law.

...You're making a cult leader dude. :P Frankly would fit what you wrote too I think. Pamphlets at first, then eventually sending the believers out to spread the word, watch the flock grow, hold gatherings, praising the word, etc. Doesn't need to be a bad one, and it could be done with the best of intentions, but cult leader all the way. :P

So hey, if you want a large, demi-being to function as a cult leader for order, then go ahead. Just don't destroy Ponyville. I feel like I need to say this once in awhile, just to make sure. :P Also, might wanna wait until you've got the rest of your guys in check. Just saying. ^^

Funny how like, every sixth post or so I make, you get an association with one of your concept characters. :) But as I say *Great minds think alike, though the rest of us can too*. It looses something in translation. :D

Edited by Blitz Boom

Miss-tag, perhaps? 

I dunno, figure me and you are both following this thread anyhow so there ain't much point in double-notifying each other.

And who said you can't have chaotic Order? But working a character with a hard-wired double standard might prove a bit of a fine line to write. Gotta get onto him sometime. Anyhow, as I always say it's Discord that's chaos. It might be integral to their being, but if they were all chaos-based, then what would make them any different from the uniqueness of Discord himself, huh? If he's anything to go by, seems like sharing spotlights is the last thing any Draconequus wants to do! 

It's my own headcannon that each dimension naturally has it's own, native draconequus. And neither Discord, nor any ocs are Thee Equestria's. Especially since, to even make an oc ya gotta create it's own lil' bubble of "what if" side dimension of sorts to wedge it into the world of the franchise.

Probably should ask what this "Mother" is, since it kind of seems like a progenitor and draconequusy. 

@Widdershins

Dear lord, that was embarrassing... Moving along!

As for the tags, it's more of a instinctual thing at this point, and i feel kinda uneasy not putting it in. Worry not, friend of the grummels. :)

And I don't say that Discord isn't chaos itself, just saying that their kind as a whole are chaotic. That means somewhat mixed in appearance, and with tendencies of randomness. Their powers have some basis in that as well, but not anywhere as near as actual, pure chaos like Discord, if that makes sense.

For example Anomaly. She haves some chaos in her, but most of her magic is really more biological based. Plants, shifting shape, growth, mutations, splitting up like a bacteria, etc. Some chaos, but not the main thing. (And yes, I know I need to control myself to make that fit in exactly. I admit I am flawed and mess up sometimes)

As for Mother, she is none of the sort. She is a Reaper.

I go by the Supernatural canon that there is Death, and then there are his creations, the Reapers. Mother were one of them who gained too much empathy with the lost souls that she couldn't help move on, as they chose to stay. Through actions (I haven't thought on it too much yet honestly) she ended up in a small pocket dimension, with her being willingly bound to its core. It makes for a semi-stable environment (hence why everything moves around) and doesn't allow for exceptional things like making light etc. Death does not approve of this action per se, and as such, she have been cut off from her siblings, and they are forbidden to visit.

He can see some usage of the place however, and allows it to exist, and will occasionally have lost spirits send there, generally of beings who were not good or evil enough for the prospective afterlives of their homes. A room was also placed where Mother could cleanse the spirits and remake them into the formless children of the realm, which is as you must see by now, simply souls without a home, or knowledge of who they once were.

It haves consequences though. Mother can't leave the realm, and if she dies, then so does the place itself. She is also unable to truly create new life, which is why she needs outsiders that occasionally passes by (mainly through teleportation accidents or by one of the formed one giving passage to them) to help give her children life.

That's about the base of it. Oh, she also can't remember her old name anymore. It was taken from her when she was cut off from her siblings. There is a reason she is only called Mother... Well, besides me being unable to think of a name when I wrote her in for some reason, but I made it work. :P

Now then, commence with tearing this apart. ^^ I know you want to. :P

P.S. In my defense, spur of the moment to even make her. I just needed some background for Omen and things snowballed. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

....but why though?

Like, most of that seems self-dependent enough to the point that the situation's own logic is supporting itself. Like, what is Death? Reapers? Why this realm is needed or how it came to be? S'all confusion, but then again, We're probably not paying full attention to it right now.

Just read your response back, and it's piqued a few following questions.

For one, I'm kind of curious as to think that somehow that essentially Spirit-Bomb that just went off should have effected Widdershins too. I did quantify him as a spirit after all. Wouldn't be surprising if he got blown about just as much as any of the souls did. But i'm too tired to work that angle currently.

Secondly, kind power-playing with Onache there. Leaves me a tad hesitant to figure out what the dynamic ought be there if she's such a big player. Kinda have this sort of headcannon, that if Changelings are insectoid, then maybe they communicate primarily through pheromones like termites, ants and communal minds like those are. Like any Changeling DNA ought be able to pick up on such. Like, as much as her thing seems to be mind control, I kind of have the notion that it might actually work opposite of the whole cliche of "only works on weak-minded subjects." Those who spend too much time fortifying thoughts, have those emotions closer to the surface. Those absent-minded and foolish are probably too free-spirited to be able to control with any degree of reliable results. It's like the joke in the fandom of Discord trying to turn Derpy evil... but it doesn't work since she's just too silly to care about Good & Evil and therefore hasn't any morals or set personality to corrupt in the first place!

To paraphrase Wally from the Dilbert comic strip: "I'm not worried. If they try to read my mind, they'll all go blind."

But that ain't my concern with Onache. 

I'm kind of thinking here, with powers like that... think she's basically just more of a Vampire than a Changeling now? Mindslaves, feedin', all dark n' stuff or whatever. What's the difference there then? Like, you can't logically drain emotion dry out of a victim like you could with blood, right? Chrysalis herself wasn't even aware she was feeding off the soon-to-be royal couple, so at least it's not quite as straight-forward in method...

Trying to gauge my options here. Ambie, while a bit of an aimless wanderer, isn't an adventurous sort. He's more of a cowerer and enough to see a head honcho when he feels one.

@Widdershins

As I said, it was a spur of the moment thing, which I have since needed to cover for. It's far too late for me to back out of it again at this point after all. :/

I should have been a bit more specific on something too. I didn't mean that I needed Mother for the background of Omen. By her creation, she were simply a creature made by Discord, who had originally gone dormant after his defeat, until he started to get stronger again. Then I started the RP and... Well, I detoured and thought I needed to add on that. I sometimes have an issue keeping it simple, you know?

As for Widdershins, I figure he got affected too, but I wasn't sure. I can't godmod after all, and he tends to seem sturdy enough. I will edit the last part where he is spoken to out, and you can then react from there on out when time is. :)

Onache cannot do much against Ambie, and she will not really disintegrate him. Perhaps blast or toss about like a unicorn would, but her power is mostly in manipulation and control. Much as she strives to have a hive of strength, as a queen goes, she is actually rather weak in it on her own. Even more so as she currently only haves a hive consistent of Happy, which diminishes her strength.

However, she is also rather arrogant and think herself stronger than she actually are at times. A downfall of hers that can be used, which I had honestly thought I had written in with the way she thought on things. Guess I should have been more direct. :)

And feeding is still love. Not going against that. She wouldn't touch blood if it was her only option. Though you are right that she is a parasite. She doesn't just siphon love, she uses those she catches of menial workers, either through her specialty or by her drones using brute force. Nothing in her former hive was done by the changelings she deemed good enough to stay in her control, beyond train, fight, and suppress the captured ones. Made her somewhat from the concept of the Slaver Ant, who will overtake and work others until they can no more. I just veered off from making her do that to other hives... Mostly.

And I do disagree on the mind control aspect being better on the strong of will. As I have seen in the show (saw a few clips), Chrysalis got Shining Armor under control, which required her to pose as his wife to get close to him and siphon him of love until he became too weak to fight her influence. Certainly there is a level of being too silly and scatterbrained to have enough coherent thought to be taken advantage of, but if somepony is alert enough, they'd be able to tell that she were attempting to rewrite their mind and either counter-attack her or put their mental shields up, so to speak. The weak of mind and those distracted by something else, won't be able to tell before its too late.

Also, back to the feeding, far as I can tell they should know they are draining others? I mean really, all the descriptions (even on the wiki) says that they harvest love. If they didn't notice I wouldn't be able to make much sense of it. It'd be like us seeing food slowly have bites taking out of them around us, but not knowing what was going on.

I don't know. Seems somewhat vague the more I look at it, so there's a variety of ways it can be interpreted, unless I missed a source of information somewhere. I'll stand corrected in that case, and adjust accordingly.

In any case, if Ambie just doesn't do something to really irk her, he should be somewhat fine, though she might still try and get him handled by Happy. Can't have such an unsightly mixture wandering around. And yes, the irony of her having the mixed Happy with her when she then doesn't approve of mixed ones are completely lost on her. :)

You can have some fun with this if you want really. Changelings in general despised her even when Chrysalis were in charge (Who took her hive in a hostile takeover for the record. Chrysalis that is, not Thorax) and both them and ponies, griffons, dragons etc. would have good reason to want her incarcerated. She might be in disguise now, but let it be dropped or the name heard by the wrong ones, and there you go: Full scale manhunt. :)

For added fun, take Happy into custody too. he's rather unique in his real form, and the town have seen that, so somepony might have recognized him as being part of Onache's hive already, even though she mainly had her business outside of Equestria. If you want to, you can try and redeem him for all the stuff he's done over the years, though it would likely require transporting him to Thorax and indoctrinate him somewhat into the new changeling ways.

Basically, you can decide on whatever or not they'll end up getting punished for things by playing the cards right. Or you know, by beating them up. Happy is physically strong, but his magic is mostly focused on transformation, so with the right amount of telekinesis, he can be made pretty much incapacitated for whatever fate would befall him. Onache would need an anti-magic ring on her horn though, for prolonged capture.

Anyway, to return to Ambie more directly: Honestly I figure that his parents will come along and save his rear. Might be his father is an airhead, but his mother seems tough, and not the sort to just surrender her will. I might beat him up a little before that though, or at least set it up to him getting slapped around some, just to rile them up properly. On you that one. :)

Oh, no, no, no... Don't edit it on my behalf. I was reading that at three to four hours past my bedtime after all! Lack of coherence is not adherent to a solitary origin! 

Besides, ain't really got nothin' formulated as of yet anyhow.

Bweeeh~~*  ... "New Changeling Ways".... Bweh.

I ain't no fighter, @Blitz Boom. And I make that come through in my characters too, no matter how caustic they can get. In fact, it's kind of Widdershins's role to crimp everypony else's style enough to get them out of the doldrums of thinking how terrible their own backstory n' yadda is.  You had a rough time of being ripped outta your own dimension and being judged for it? Big whoopsies, I've done that, like, eighteen times or something by now! You get over it. Want some candy? I find sugar helps!

I'm not exactly looking for a brawl, or at least not a prolonged one. There's only two out of my OC pile... well, perhaps three, that I can see me going into detail about handling other combatants. One's a Pirate Captain Griffon and anothers a Shadowcreature pony. Harming others is kind of integral to their character.

Sufficed to say, I have reservations about putting myself on others. Most of the time. I feel I gotta be qued somehow to my mark on stage. As if it were.

Way I see it, his parents haven't a clue where he is other then somewhere in Ponyville. They're roughly somewheres in front of the street leading to the train station.

@Widdershins

So what you're saying is that you need some NPC's to talk about Ambie near enough for his parents to hear it? I can arrange that if it is. Also, I already did the edit, so eh, dice rolled, and nothing much was lost really.

As for what you say about fighting, that's a fair point. However, alerting authorities is still a way to do things, and Widdershins might find it amusing to simply make this a species issue and port Onache and Happy smack down into the throne room of Thorax, then see what he'll do. Redirecting an issue can also be seen as a kind of solution. :)

Honestly I prefer to have my chars talk rather than actually fight, but whatever the situation requires, right? Not all of them that can fight either, so a bit mixed what might happen.

• Brohoof 1

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

For the record, you both missed the scene with Balloon Discord, Lin, and Belladonna. :) Can't make something to that before I have some response there. And hey, might be something for you to work with there Stormy, depending on if you want the balloon impersonation to work with or against them on things. Or hold up signs with questions perhaps. Last I know, it was eating cheese though, so perhaps he can speak too. ^^ We'll see.

Okay, few things I wanted to touch on before I finally got around to things, @Blitz Boom .

For one, think I'll put off Widdershins for now. Kind of have this idea, that in that resultant spirit bomb, that one spirit that did have a beef with draconequui would have taken the opportunity to tackle who had offended it in the first place. Right? You have any backstory or plan there as to what'd happen if they hit each other? I kind of have half a mind to just disintegrate Widdy entirely and have him randomly haunt innocuous, immobile objects around the house until you throw them all together into a heap so he can reform. Gives a bit of a spot of time for him to have some one-on-one with various, multiple members about. Speaking of which! Considering this is an earlier, somewhat more sane form of his, perhaps now would be a good time for Anomaly to attempt to get more answers about her kind?

I'll do what I will, but I do have some misgivings about Onache... 

"...making Happy want to slam her in the neck to knock her out. He didn't though, since he didn't want to attract too much attention." 

"...and implant, erase, or alter memories."

"If she did not feast upon until she were gone,"

"mass produce with some kidnapped ponies and her own offspring."

" basting this one to goo"

I know, you've told me before some of your prior experiences in role play, so I don't mind that so much, I get it. It's just... if I'm reading it right...

First, that kind of seems a bit rash considering the fact that I don't think Happy has had any negative reprecussions yet to merit that reaction. Much less a random mare he knows nothing about.

Secondly, that's a sheer amount of mind magic power... Like, Inception levels. Full thought control and you might as well be a literal god, right? That's kind of a lot to funnel into one entity, if it wasn't some sort of massive machine or walking hivemind never-center.

... does that mean that feeding on emotion is finite? That after a Changeling feeds, the victim is left a dead husk?

...aand that one... seems very... like... uhh... "Implanty Pod-People-y" Like... Alien, you know? Mind controlling others into breeding slaves? Or is my mind just going from having spent too long on the Internet?

I guess, in essence, my headcannon about changelings is clashing with yours and I'm, like, super lost now, heh!

As for the last line there, I pretty much don't get it at all. I mean, Ambie isn't all goopy inside to begin with to be splatted. I know I've seen a few interpretations of Changelings being partly literal vats of goop, but if they really were that goopy and exoskelaton-y, then they wouldn't really be all that held together of a species, eh?

Kinda been thinking too. Draconequui oughten't be able to do just literally whatever they want, right? Like, if you can clone yourself entirely without any repercussions or lasting damage, then what really is an audience's investment in your character's well-being? If you can just wave a wand to get what you want accomplished, then where's the story there?

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins

Well, I hadn't planned anything with the spirit as it was a spur of the moment thing, but we could go with it charging directly for him when the blast went off and then giving him the blame for the horrid things that happened to him because of another draconequus. Though keep in mind, the spirit is old, angry, and potentially delusional. There is a chance that it had nothing to do with one of his kind, and that a tree fell on the pony or something. If the two have been blasted to somewhere, I'd imagine the blob of goo they would be in would be a chance for the two of them to talk. Widdershins would have to try and converse his way through the madness though, if that makes sense. You could have mainly his consciousness go with the one who hated him, and then other parts of himself scattered with the other spirits. It would cause some strangeness around the house until he was gathered up, even if he was not technically in the heaps of spirits, but rather in areas around the place, yes?

Is that the sort of thing you were thinking about? Haunting and stuff.

As for Onache, I have been rather specific in saying that both of them are not the kindest of changelings, though Happpy will refrain from doing something that would get him caught. He'd do a lot of bad stuff if he could get away with it, and he have done so too. He isn't irredeemble like Onache though. She is straight up evil, and the only of my chars who isn't so for any other purpose than because she considers herself superior to other. Even when you can look at others and think *Well, they just did it to feed the hive* like you could see with Chrysalis a few times (at least in the clips I've seen) there is a level in what Onache does that goes beyond that.

As for her mind powers, I did give you some limitations, but there is another one that I have written in, yet didn't seem to have put in then. It's that she needs to maintain it to keep long term control. If she is absent for too long, unconscious or her power wanes, the rewriting will start to fade off. As you can see with her current unwilling servant, she is kept close for that reason, though a smaller edit could last indefinitely. It depends on the length of time she needs them  under her control, and how much she needs to edit.

Out of sight out of mind is an expression that actually carries some meaning when we think about this queen. :) A such, she couldn't just(as an example) overtake half the town too without being basically in the center of it, overlooking them. It would make her easy to spot, and when the memories started to return, suspicions would be raised, and she'd eventually get found out.

It is different when she haves somepony in her hive, as she haves some more strength to work with there, but she still needs to have some degree of oversight daily, and it requires her to have an actual, functional hive. Currently she haves none, and her only drone is Happy, so that ain't a consideration really.

I do believe feeding on emotions is finite, yes. Looking at Shining when he was overtaken and fed on, he was starting to look rather pale and drained. If emotions were infinite, it shouldn't impact somepony. When I started the RP an changeling player I RP'ed with, had it as the emotions being drained fully, then the subject could be cocooned and converted. That's the headcannon I have worked with since then. :)

And again, remember that though Onache is intelligent and thinking strategic, she is also arrogant, and not entirely aware of her limitations always. What she thinks she can do is not always what will actually happen in her current state, such as blasting others off or thinking on the possibility for easily controlled offspring. Changelings grow out of eggs faster than ponies gets born after all, so to me at least, it made sense that she'd think on the option at the very least. She might realize how foolish it would be in the end, as that would be a long line of beings to first have nurtured and then keep under constant mind pressure, but in the moment you know? ^^

I thought you noticed the dark thoughts Happy had really, with the thoughts he had in regards to Ambie contra the actual things he says and the joyful way he puts them.

Mainly it seems to be that our headcannons collide on mind control (Which the changelings most definitely have as cannon, since that have been proven with the whole wedding thing and Chrysalis. Might only be a queen thing of course) and the spectre of emotions being a finite vs infinite source. Honestly, I can see it being somewhat more towards yours, where it can never run out, but it will be drained and leave the subject weakened severely. A point of where they can be converted. Is that sounding more in the ways of what you thought of, or?

Also, not full on thought control with Onache now I remember it. She rewrites certain memories to implant herself into their lives, making them see her as somepony to protect for various reasons, or make them believe they are doing something because they honestly enjoy it, such as working at the hive. A delusion that's harder to keep up eventually as things gets progressively worse, but at that point it's too late.

The ones controlled will still have the option for individual thought, it's simply tha there is some parts that have been rewritten to serve her purpose. I wrote an example of it on a page earlier actually, lemme see if I can find it.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:32 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Lucky bolted back in shock as the rabbit he had been bowing down towards all of a sudden turned into a pony. That meant this was a changeling, and he had tried to l-lure him away? Oh no, oh nonononono, he had to call the guards, h-had to... To...

A noise broke into his thoughts. A low buzzing, barely audible at first but growing and expanding rapidly. It felt like moths were swarming in his head, covering his thoughts... Wait, they began to lift again. T-Thank Celestia, he didn't want to have what just happened obscured by... What exactly? he felt like there was something that had just happened to him, but he couldn't remember it...No, he was just imagining things. Nothing had happened. Everything was fine.

He rose up and dusted himself off as the mare came over to him, worried and ready to raise alarm herself to what had just happened. But something didn't seem right. Lucky didn't seem to be worried, concerned or anything like that. He was... Laughing?

"Oh man, you got me good there mate. Nice prank."

His friend were visibly confused.

"Do you know this one?"

"Yeah, I've seen him around a few times. He likes to spook me the little prankster."

Lucky went over and gave Stingler a small pat on the shoulder.

"I'm not gonna be fooled that easily next time though. See you another time bugboy."

A small edit of mind, where she did not need to inject herself into the subjects life, over instead just making them believe they had met somepony else before under better circumstances. Basically harmless.

• 2 weeks later...

Uhh... h-has it been just about a month since I last posted? Jeez! Been kind of in a ruffle lately about things. Staying up till three in the morn' certainly doesn't allow me much in the way of being creative the next day, heh, and that's kinda been a vicious circle the past couple of weeks.

I, uh, I can't remember where I left off, heh. Think I got a bead on Ambie's threadline, though don't think he's really all that involved right now. Widd's will take me just jumping in and providing impetus again, I suppose. That which I think I said earlier.

Not... entirely remembering fully where I left off with @Dji. Believe I'm aiming to have my drakling fly Dawn where she wants to go for the night, after I can weasel out a straight answer as to why she can't fly herself. Quite... fuzzy right now to work things out.

And, uhm, sorry Blitzie if I haven't been exactly listening back enough to catch everything you've told me. My mind is often in too many places to focus on any one thing, and going for weeks at a time between responses don't exactly help. I guess, in essence, I don't mind evil so much as its always seemed like too much energy spent to be believable. Like, why bother mind controlling somepony for directions when you could have just asked them.

I... I dunno. I'm forgetting an awful lot lately.  Got a lot of stuff to get to & do, responses I ain't getting around to.

...Oh! And while I don't have any set time or anything, it is possible I might leave the forums for several months on vacation. Would like to put out alot more before I do, when & if!

... Did... did I even have lunch today?... Ah! I'm forgetting dinner now too! Be back later!

@Widdershins

Sorry for the delay. Been visiting family this weekend, and I completely forgot to check the OOC. :)

Sounds like you're stressed out of your mind these days mate, no wonder you haven't been around to check up on things. :( Poor sod.

Don't worry about us as much as yourself, alright? And as for the others, brief is that Onache left, leaving Happy with Ambie, the dracopony lovers are fooling in the sky like you said, and in the mansion, you said something about wanting Widders blasted off with the spirits, so just a small setup there eventually, and I can go look for bits and pieces. :D All in due time though.

And I usually don't go for evil really. But figured it'd be fun to have at least 1, with some morally questionable ones here and there. Onache might well ask a more worthy being like a changeling queen or a general about directions, but the most she'd do with a pony is telling them to direct her, and if they don't, she'll meddle with them. She doesn't think it's fitting to look at your food like they're equals.

Honestly, your interaction with her is likely done. I just needed to set up that Happy knew where she was for a future engagement, and then she's gonna be more of a side-line character until further notice. Might use her again if other evil comes in, or if some of the new changelings comes in, and it can be a confrontation, but we'll see.

Who knows really? If Onache could be converted/evolved, she might be able to feel remorse for what she had done and change to one who had to try to be better, with a lifetime of cruelty behind her to hold her back. Could be well interesting, but all in due time, no? :)

Anyway, go eat, and get some sleep dude. When you eventually perhaps get to take the vacation too, I hope it will ease your mind a lot as well. Sounds like you could need it. :D

Worry not about us. We'll likely still be here when you return, and things will have been normal for so long that you can weird everything up with more of an impact. Hehe. ^_^

Alrighty! Got at least one last response off! In... about three days I'm heading off to Japan for two months or so.

So, uh... I don't know if you wanted to write me out of things, or just drop everything until I get back some point in the future? I do so feel bad about leaving a story untold~*

@Widdershins

Nah, most of the stories you are in are separated. There is either just you and Dji, or you and me. We can have some patience, and then see you come back with a vengeance, after you have defeated the Japan region's Elite Four and claimed your title as champion. :P Remember to bring plenty of Full Restore.

================================================================================================

While I'm here, might as well see if I can get some contact to some of the lost ones I haven't seen in a while, so here we go mentioning then.

@genessee @cwhip9 @Seamore Sandwich @Lucid_Nightlight @Lil' Lovebug @The Resident Brony @woodchunks66 @Holiday Agnaktor @GingerLightning

I think that was them. Those I can remember right now at least. :) Anyway, if any of you see's this: Come by and say hello. Not seen any of you in a while, (varying degrees of time though) and figure it can't hurt to see what happened to you all.