Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom  

I haven’t had much time or energy lately.  At work, the two other associates in my department left at almost the same time, so I had to take on the responsibilities of the department manager and deal with training two new associates, one of which also left, so I’ve been promoted and left to run a shorthanded department without proper training going into the busiest time of year.  I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post again, but I hope it’s soon.  I haven’t read through the story involving the princesses yet, but I hope I can catch up on that soon, too.  If Serenade and Ziggy have met back up, then my post should take place before that, so it may put things out of order, but it shouldn’t mess up the overall timeline.  I’ve missed this roleplay, but I haven’t had the energy to put proper thought into my posts until now.  I ended up getting two days off in a row, which is happening again next week. I don’t want to rush any posts, so I won’t post unless I can actually put forth the effort to make the post worthwhile (although Dr.Xeno’s post might seem a little pointless, it’s purpose might be seen within the next few posts, since I do tend to plan ahead).

@Seamore Sandwich

Jeez, talk about a horrid time for others to leave you hanging. :( I'm sorry to hear about it mate. Hopefully it will even out at some point after the Christmas frenzy and the ones you'll try to get up to speed won't leave again.

As for the posts, the princesses have been basically left in stasis for now, with Celestia having done nothing since sending off the group to deal with the sphinx in the desert, and should still be somewhere in the castle with Last, whom I need to have announce the completion of the work in Ponyville at some point soon. Also, Serenade have written a letter to Luna about finding a second siren that she'd like to meet (played by @Catpone Cerberus) I told @Moonlit that she could write a Luna post if needed since you were away for a while, but even since you're back, I think it might be a good idea, until things are stable for you. :) I'm sure Moonlit knows just how to write the princess, and if there's something plot related that needs to be added or which you would have needed to pop up, we will sort that in due time. Worry none.

As for the posts, worry none, they look fine, and I'll have something to work with there for sure. Though a small correction: The last part with Marcus was on page 315, not 300. :)

@Blitz Boom  

Thanks, I corrected my post.  At least it was the post I could still remember while I was writing a new response.  I had to go back and reread some older posts for everything else, though I usually do that anyway.  When I was trying to remember what magic Scarcity asked Penny for, I came across another post I had forgotten about regarding the Traveller, so now I need to take note of that so I don’t forget. He picked a flower that caught the tear from the ghost of Zhu’s mother.  The Traveller obtained:  Tears of the Fallen!  Description: Tears of a ghost, said to have the power to break through to even the most shielded of hearts, whatever that means...

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom  

I just wanted to let you know, I reread the contract form that Penny gave to Scarcity, and I realize how Scarcity could possibly try to take advantage of the deal, but I have countermeasures in mind in case she tries.  I suspect that she wouldn’t want to jeopardize a good business relationship with Penny, but there’s still a small chance she could try something using a third party to her advantage without Penny being aware of who it is.  The countermeasures are seemingly non hostile, but can be quite effective.  If you would like to have her try something eventually, I’m open to the idea, but if you don’t, I’d be happy to explain all of this fully.  My scheming is keeping me up because my brain just refuses to shut off. I would like to repeat, I really missed this roleplay.

@Seamore Sandwich

No need to worry about Scarcity. I know that I have her as a big player in the black market, but she runs by some degree of honor. Long as Penny don't try to break a deal with her, Scarcity won't try to take advantage of a few errors in their agreement. Besides, they're getting along so well, so she really have no incentive to do so. It might be profitable in the short run, sure, but she prefer to keep worthwhile contacts rather than burn bridges, and really, Penny can make magical candy. It would be quite shortsighted to get on her bad side, when the candy maker have the means to break into an entirely new, and potentially profitable market if she is properly funded.

And believe me, I've missed having you here too Seamore. Just ain't the same without your convoluted schemes and long term meddling. :) like what you mentioned with the ghost. no idea what you're going to do with that tear, but knowing you, it's something interesting. Potentially dangerous too.

@Blitz Boom  

Well then, I’ll explain how the deal could be taken advantage of.  If Scarcity sent someone to make purchases during the second month of sales, she could attempt to artificially increase the sales of the chocolates she invested in, increasing the amount she would receive as a return.  However, Penny is under no obligation to keep the product stocked, nor at a profitable price point, though these are tactics she wouldn’t resort to.  If she did notice a regular customer buying large quantities of the chocolates in question, she would start “rewarding” this regular customer with other products, lowering the profit margins for that customer, but at the same time encouraging sales of other products.

@Seamore Sandwich

She's weakened, but it was mostly the pain that made her fall down. Considering that I put her as being weak to harmonic magic, I had to let it be painful to go through, or it wouldn't really fit. Plus, I had to leave an opening so that whoever is now in the body would have a chance to get away or retaliate, rather than have her tear the wayward spirit out of there again. Weakened state combined with fading, but still present pain hammering at her, makes it impossible for her to even attempt it. :)

@Seamore Sandwich

Understood. Sounds like a stressful day too, so can't blame you for not feeling it today.

===============================================================================================

@OptimisticNeighsayer

Just a minor detail mate, Cover-up only carried one ink well. An over-sized one, and he have no quills. He paints with the brush across his back. :) Just wanted to clarify it. Your post is great, nothing bad about it, but I just figured I'd clarify this so we were on the same page. :)

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@OptimisticNeighsayer

Just a minor detail mate, Cover-up only carried one ink well. An over-sized one, and he have no quills. He paints with the brush across his back. :) Just wanted to clarify it. Your post is great, nothing bad about it, but I just figured I'd clarify this so we were on the same page.

Edited. I must have read that description wrong.

(edited)

@OptimisticNeighsayer

Eh, perhaps I didn't write it right. It tends to happen at times. :) Just wanted to sort it out so we were both on the same page.

=======================================================================================

@Moonlit

Actually we do have a Pinkie player. Or well, we did? I don't really know, since it's been some time since I've seen @Storm Shine around here. He's still active on the forums though, so let's try and see if he pops around and gives his say on this, but if nothing else, I can try to at least set up the meeting for now. If he haven't responded to us by Tuesday, I will tentatively take over as Pinkie for the time being. Or try to at least. She's a weird one. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Moonlit
That reminded me, since you will be the one controlling Luna (or at least I understood so.) I'll ask this from you now.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

since it seems like Nada is going to meet Luna and or Celestia at some point, one question...would they recognize her? since she used to sing for the ponies in unnamed town before the sirens were banished, and it has been said in the RP that she knows who they are. 

So in other word, would Luna remember Nada?

@Catpone Cerberus I'm going to go with yes. Luna is aware of the Sirens(thanks to Serenade) returning to Equestria but as for Nada herself...it might have been a thousand years ago, but Luna spent most of that on the moon.

Also @Blitz Boom NEAT. Serenade is NOT looking forward to having to explain to the Pretty Pink Party Pony Pinkie that she needs to....postpone...delay...a party.

18 minutes ago, Moonlit said:

@Catpone Cerberus I'm going to go with yes. Luna is aware of the Sirens(thanks to Serenade) returning to Equestria but as for Nada herself...it might have been a thousand years ago, but Luna spent most of that on the moon.

Aright :) I can see there being bit of humor in the meeting too since Luna is bigger, and Nada possibly smaller than they were millennia ago :P (in form of commenting about one's size )

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Blitz Boom

Ugh I'm so sorry, life [work, bad sleeping habits, etc] has prevented me in replying. And like, I have no idea how to reply to make it sound as elegant as your posts Blitz. I used to be able to do paragraphs so easily but I'm afraid I'm not as good as I used to be. Is it okay if my reply is small? 

Has anything happened time wise I should know before replying? Like is it still evening? Or are we now on the next day?

@PickFairy

It's early evening, so sun not set, but an hour or two away from it. Time is basically stuck here for the time being, until things move along. :)

As for replies, sure, you can keep it short and then see if something pops up the next time. And really, I don't write elegantly. I just ramble. :P

@Blitz Boom  

I’ll post for the others another time.  Today was my sixth day of work in a row, but somehow I wasn’t that tired when I got home, though now I’m exhausted.  I was able to put a good amount of effort into my posts, but I have run out of energy, so I’ll continue when I think I’ll be able to write something good.

@Denim&Venom  

I’ll try to track down your last post tomorrow, then we can work from there.  Last I remember, our characters had parted ways after Priestess helped destroy my demon, though I’m not 100% sure.  I’ll find it eventually.

@Widdershins  

I’m not sure if your “Elements of Disharmony” story is still happening here, but I just wanted to let you know that the Element of Betrayal is still a part of one of my storylines.  I won’t spoil who, because betrayal hurts more when it’s a surprise.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@PickFairy

It's a good post mate. :) Looking forward to going with it tomorrow. :)

===================================================================================

@Denim&Venom @Mentis Soliloquy @Seamore Sandwich

O.o Holy guacamole. Denim?! I haven't seen you in ages. :D Great to see you again mate. Hope both you and Mentis have had some good times since last I saw you. :)

As for info, I can supply a bit more from what Seamore said in regards to the elements, as yes, they are still in play. Sort of.

As some players left, not all pieces began being that relevant anymore, and have sorta gone to the wayside, waiting to be picked up. The ones still in play are the Element of Dark Magic, which were last seen in the possession of Astral, @FanOfManyShows's character (he were formerly Lloyd). I don't remember/know what happened to it, but perhaps he does. :)

The Element of Depression were last seen in the hospital, where the ambassador were trying to heal from his injuries, and it were taken by one of my characters, called Scarcity. It is not known what she plans to do with it, but if it serves her needs, many things might happen. She isn't particularly evil, but she does do most things only if it somehow benefits her in the long run.

The element of Anger is in the possession of Canterlot, and locked up tight, after it got confiscated from Warlock, following his arrest after a long chase with several failed attacks on Canterlot and Ponyville. Also, the sphinx guarding them (Enzo), have in his boredom decided to aid Canterlot for a time, but since he weren't talked to by the generals all that quickly (they're dealing with the aftermath of Warlock's attacks, and the formal introduction of the new Solar Guard General) he went off, and is currently helping somepony possessed by a sentient ooze. 

The Element of Deceit are used to house the soul of Astral's mother, Sapphire, who were the sister to Emerald, the one I control, and once upon a time called Athriel as a cover-name, who is the one it's supposed to be carried by. Though Emerald greatly hates Sapphire for a few things like leaving her back int he day, thinking she were better, and killing Emerald, she have decided to try and work with Sapphire to get her resurrected, at which point she will seize ownership of the element. They're currently in some issues though, as a force from outside Equestria have taken interest in claiming Emerald, which is happening right at this point. They also have to deal with their extended family, who is trying to stop them in doing whatever their plans are, though they aren't completely sure about what it is.

Those four are the ones I have accounted for, and if it were one of them that you were originally working with, we can run a little retcon of sorts and be on our way I recon. :) If DC can do it, so can we. :P

Will that suffice, or is there more information you'd like to be caught up on? Like if Ponyville is rebuild yet? Which it finally is, though it needs to be inspected. Waiting for Seamore to have a good day before moving on with that. :) And Seamore? Worry not about the missing posts. You go at it when you have the capacity, and otherwise try to get your brain relaxed. ^^

@Denim&Venom  

It looks like your last post may have been on page 185.  Allure and Priestess had left the scene of the battle against my demon, The Forgotten One.  Stargazer had a conversation with Reverie aboard the Revocation regarding the battle.  @Mentis Soliloquy had a character taking care of the kitlings.  Also, Queen Allure now has a telepathic link to my changeling Doctor Miles Xeno who is now recovering in a hospital from his injury from the Everfree Forest, and she’s linked to Charlie, my genderless dream spirit that used to be a tree that has just been given a changeling body, though that isn’t exactly working out.