Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

Here's whats going to happen then, you two rascals. :) You two talk a little, and see if Widder's creative juices don't start simmering again, and then I'll jump in either when it rolls off, or it breaks down, and Phoenix decides to go solo. You two are a creative duo, so I think that perhaps you can jolt some life into one another.

Does that sound good? I can jump in whenever to add my own two cents, and then see where it goes the next day or two? Want as much input from you both as possible, and don't feel limited by where we left off. It can go into a whole new setting, if need be. :D

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I know I posted myself, but I need to bite the bullet and introduce my OC(s) into this thread. Here goes nothing.

A pack of seven human figures arrives in Ponyville. Everypony is giving them weird and strange looks.

"I don't like the looks their giving us, friends" Dimitri stated.

"They look like they want to hurt us, y'all" Alejandro explained.

"Well, they haven't did anything, yet." Takashi stated

"Do you think they will hurt us?" Samuel questioned.

"Only if they want too" Chris stated.

"Hmm, we better find somebody so we can fit in" Evan stated, followed by several agreements.

@E-Man We don't bite.... much *smiles like a Siren*. On a serious note, Blitz Boom is one of the best RPG GM's I've encountered. (And I'll been playing D&D for nearly 25 years. yes I dated myself)

Edited by Moonlit

@Widdershins @Blitz Boom well i suppose that we Could begin where we left off. the only question then is, where was that exactly? i think i remember, but without a specific post to look back at, i don't think i can really form a decent reply. 

Phoenix is still the same as she was, and i would love to go on some sort of neat adventure. Widdershins is always good at making things interesting. 

It might even be fun to jump in somewhere where they are already on some sort of mission. 

Edited by ~Phoenix~

Alright, here goes nothing.:mustache:

• Name: Evan Marshall
  • Species: Homo sapien
  • Occupation: Captain of a SWAT team. (Other team members will be added later on)
  • Height: 6.0'
  • Physical Appearance: Heavy build, muscular, buzz-cut haircut.
  • Strengths: Good at math, humble, and strong.
  • Weakness: Trouble reading and writing, jumps to conclusions easily, impatient.
  • Hobbies: Drawing, Model Railroading

Evan along with his team was accidently sent to Equestria after one of his teammates will doing some experimental research on a foreign object. After he and his team teleported to Equestria along with their base, they found themselves in a new world completely cut off from any communications from their planet. When they saw some of the local in Equestria they were very surprised to see everythin Equestrian oriented. They know they will have a hard time trying to fit. But they are looking for answers how to get home, they will try to ask some of the locals in Equestria and help them in anyway they can.

( I suck at writing)

@Blitz Boom
I'm not going to reply yet since I'm just heading to bed, but there's something I was thinking about.

What would you think about Ruby and Scarcity having history in a way without neither of them knowing it quite yet.

What I mean that is that, Ruby will probably state that she can't really be blackmailed in next post, and hint about the "moving out" of those who have tried, so what if one of those ponies would have been someone working, or otherwise acquaintance to Scarcity. It won't necessary lead to anything but was just thinking, since it could have effect on the relationship of the two, because it would show that Ruby also is very capable and intelligent (assuming said pony wasn't an idiot) mare...or well dragon (it doesn't necessary come across from her behavior since she's more intelligent than I am myself, so I can't necessary present it in play perfectly :blush:). 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@E-Man

Alright, let me make this a bit more baseline before going on: Before you have been accepted, any post you make in the actual thread will be directly ignored, and considered to not be there. We have to have things covered first, so for the time being, consider it in limbo. Once we got you sorted, I can respond to it.

So, what I see so far seems okay, long as you keep it at Evan, and take whoever he ends up speaking with to the others, rather than have them enter. I think it will make it easier to gage how well you do in controlling a large group, without interfering with anything. Also, currently the most are set during the start of the evening. I think it would be best to set yours at early night, when there's not too many still around, to limit interaction (though rumor will spread) as well as set up a being to interact with Evan.

Happy used to be human, and I think that perhaps his perspective will make it easier for your group to connect with the locals. Consider him a sort of middle link between this world and theirs. I just have to have it later, as he is somewhere else right now.

Alternatively, it can happen earlier in the evening, like with most things right now, and I will have this one interact with him.

Current local guard, which essentially means he'll be the best option for a voice of authority that could understand the more military aspect of Evan's group.

========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Sure, I can see a connection being there, though it won't be obvious now unless she starts dropping names. I can see this come up afterwards, when Scarcity starts gathering intel. I'd say Ruby have about... 10-11 hours before the web starts to unravel, and Scarcity will *insist on a private meeting*. Ruby's attendance will be mandatory, and not with much of a choice behind it, if you catch my drift. When it begins, we will see which connection were *made to leave town* by Ruby. Depending on who it is, things may not end too well.

Keep in mind, Scarcity is not a physically strong pony, and though she have magic, she is still simply a unicorn. She dominates by information, connections, and the tools at her disposal. When she knows what Ruby is, she can take the required precautions to make herself have the upper hoof. It isn't advised to underestimate her meddle when she have the time to work, or she is on her home turf. Though no worries, I won't go too far. I'm not a D&D GM. :P

=======================================================================================

@Moonlit

Awh well, uhm... :blush: Thank you for the kind words. :D

===========================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

You didn't, worry not. :)

===========================================================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

Bad Widders, no fire! :P

As for where we left off, it were with Legion going amok, with the spirits exploding to all over the house, along with Widdershins, so both will need to be gathered up and put back together. Sorrow's dad (name escapes me right now) Smokey and Phoenix were there, along with Sorrow, and can go do that. There were also another draconequus loose in the house, chased by Rose, though she will have been knocked out by the explosion. Basically where they are right now. Any interest in going from there, or go somewhere new? If needed, Widders could likely just snap a finger, get himself sorted, and teleport who he cares for to a new setting, potentially just to have fun on their behalf. You know, play the monster in the maze or something.

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

. It isn't advised to underestimate her meddle when she have the time to work, or she is on her home turf.

Too bad Ruby underestimates everyone :P in fact, case of underestimating is why she ultimately ended up in Equestria (and ended up liking cats) :catface:

But she too is not to be underestimated, she can be challenging case to blackmail since there's no information that would totally ruin her and due her being mentally closer to an animal than a pony, she doesn't fear things like death. 

There is one thing she fears more than anything though, but I won't reveal that here, since there's no way for any other character finding it out without you too finding it out in the RP, since Ruby doesn't exactly tell around what she fears. :twi:

@Blitz Boom

Okay, I know I sound like a leech and I am pretty sure I am now at this point. But I already made two OC's and posted them into the "All Roleplay Characters" sections. I don't know what goes next because the guide for this is outdated. But I already made two OC's (more to come down the road) so now what's the next step. Do I need to have them approved or something?

@Blitz Boom i can't quite remember the details of what happened and i don't think i can accurately respond to it. perhaps we should try and /skip/ to a point where things have settled down and we can start something new starting at Smokey's mansion? 

@No Longer Here To be fair, I do think the "Roleplay Characters Section" is pretty much just a storage page to keep as such. There's no intention of a queue for anyone to check it or greenlight it for any further action. You kind of link that page whenever you do ask to get involved in things. There's threads here & there to ask for pointers. I'm not sure what "guide" you're using as there really aren't set rules to these sorts of things, I feel.

That being said...

Wha... What the Duck is...? Wh-why...?

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH EQUESTRIA? 

You've completely ignored everything in the setting! You basically just did "Well, now my character is over here. And It'll be dealt with."

Gosh! I know do that, but...! You gotta know at least SOMETHING about the medium you're getting into! Like... usually the approach is that its a "what if" my character as a pony for this pony world, this is how they act & have lived, and am interested in being friends. You're pretty much asking us to bring the setting to your story. With a backstory like that, you leave no room for anybody else, because it's only your story to tell. That of a human in Equestria.

Which is fine. Just because this is MLP forums, I feel sure you can have completely unrelated roleplays going on.

...and I know I'm over-reacting, but dude! You just went from zero to eleven & brained me there! What you gave works more along the lines of you allowing somebody else in to play by your preset backstory & surrondings, rather than both sides in the same setting.

That's more of a story prompt than a character to play with! I think the role part of roleplay is less important than the play part!

I know I'm goin' hard on ya here, man, but please answer me this. How would you interact with anything else without constantly rehashing how you got here & don't know how things work? Wouldn't it be tiring to have to constantly touch back on all the details of how you're entirely separate in existence & dimension?

Oh, and if yeh read this far, I'm no deciding factor for anything here. I'm just a random dweeb reacting!

@Catpone Cerberus

Who said anything about blackmailing? That's such a... Limiting view on things. Information can be used for several things others than mere blackmail, though of course, it does have its place and time. :) Besides, Scarcity rarely causes death. Every being have a usage in one way or another, and simply killing an adversary of hers robs her of potentially using them later on, or if she is her more vindictive corner, seeing them suffer as their lives crumbles around them. That Ruby can't be hit like that will perhaps cause some other kinds of punishment if needed, but let's not be too hasty. Who knows what will happen? Not me at least. I make most of the stuff I write up on the spot. :P Will be fun to see what might happen eventually, that's for sure.

==============================================================================

@~Phoenix~ @Widdershins

We could do that too. I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this though, Widdershins. Wanna force them on an adventure, or skip to somewhere later in the evening, just as they gather the last parts of the spirits and Widdershins? Potentially something else? Do tell. :)

================================================================================

@Widdershins @No Longer Here

I might have been a little more... Subtle about it, but Widdershins does make some fair points here.

It is a little disjointed from everything, and it would be good to have it as a sort of continued story. Like they suddenly got themselves teleported to a new location, and when they were unable to contact their base, they made a temporary base in the wild, set up traps, gathered resources, and then when night fell, went out to scout the nearby area, to find out where they were. It would put a bit of plan in their *fish out of water* scenario, which I'm sure is basically what you intended too anyway. :) This can be worked with, but this is one of the reasons why I suggested having any incursions being a night where they could scout in peace, and not having met any other locals, so they don't know what they're going into. Happy will help being a way for them to deal with things a bit, though again, I need you to actually respond to what I asked in the former reply I made to you. it's the decision part that needs to be filled out before I can approve and respond to things properly.

And yeah, the character forum is more of a *Holding cell* than anything. With how they're messing up, I'm frankly tempted to put all I have on my chars in Google Docs files instead.

• Brohoof 2

@dosey doe

Hi there. :)

There ain't a lot about your character, so I'm going to have to ask a few things, but I don't think there will be anything that will be in the way of you joining.

Basically, if you could tell me where she is from, and why she is out in the world (seems easy really, as you wrote she wants to heal the world more or less, so just go with something along the lines of wanting to seek out those who needed her perhaps) and to what extend her magic works, we'll be good. I'm guessing general healing magic, but how strong? like, can she re-attach limbs for example? Cleanse poisons? That sort of thing. Just wanna get a small idea about her, and then afterwards I can suggest some OC's for Wish to interact with. :)

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I won't be able to writer again until Monday. Friend of mine needs me to come over for the weekend, so not gonna be able to write until I'm home again. Hope you all have a great weekend. :)

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom

When doing "power levels", my preference in general is to follow the show's method: fast and loose, according to the needs of the story and setting, but with an overall "feel" in place. I should stress that Wish's special talent magic is meant to be nearly unintentional, being tied to intuition and emotion. For example, plants that she sings around every day usually look more vibrant and healthy than those she doesn't.

Because of how her magic works, she couldn't cause someone to miraculously recover from a broken bone overnight, for example; but if she came in to visit that same pony at the hospital every day, they might get well enough to be released earlier than normal - saving maybe a week or two on an expected six month stay.

As for stuff like poisons, pretty much up to the player and anyone else interested. Maybe being around her improves the pony's mood and this strengthens their immune system (some evidence for this working in real life, and Equestria being permeated by magic makes it more plausible). Or, maybe it has no effect at all.

Bottom line: her purpose is not to be powerful. Like most non-protagonist ponies in the show, her magic is incidental to who she is, being mainly a tool to help her with her occupation or hobbies, and we can tune it as is dramatically appropriate, if we think it's necessary. She does have the usual "action at a distance" ability that all unicorns possess in addition to whatever their specific magic specialty is (as far as I know).

Finally, she was born and raised in Ponyville; as for contributing to the story, here's something she could do: visit little sick foals and colts, read them stories and sing them lullabies. She'd enjoy that. I don't know what's currently happening in the thread, or the metaplot if there is one, but if some players give me a summary of some recent events / current arcs I'm sure I can find something.

@dosey doe

So improves health by her positive energy, and lifting their spirits? That's a take on things I haven't seen before. Really cool. :) I'm approving you right on the spot, and will get to a sort of character selection in a sec. Just giving a brief summary first.

In Ponyville, two days ago, there was an attack on the town amidst a large tornado. Giant dark monster that got defeated by groups of ponies, changelings, assortes and Kitsune (basically magic pony-sized, talking foxes from Neighpon) and turned into dust and bones. Yet it smashed up a good deal of the town during the attack, and the time since then have been spend on rebuilding, which is done now, and ready to be examined to see if it lives up to standards.

Nopony died during the attack, but a lot got injured, so the hospital have been swamped. Plenty for Wish to do, and they'd be happy for the help. Oh, also, Ponyville got outside help from a varied bunch of creatures to rebuild, but they've plenty much left currently.

As for fitting characters, I have a few suggestions, though you're free to also ask anyone else here, and of course, check the google doc under my siggy, to find what other chars I have made bio's for. :)

Stargazer, of the Night Guard. He have helped set up the efforta to rebuild, but I can easily have him strained something during it, so he have to come in for a check. He's a honorable stallion who wishes to help the citizens in whatever way he can, so if Wish have an issue, or some rowdy patients, he'll be a good help.

His daughter, Jelly Drop. You mentioned visiting sick foals, and she may be among the wounded with slme cuts and a strained wing for example. The magical medication (I don't want folks to be down for months for wounds, so I elected to have special sort of medication that speeds the healing up drastically be available, if wanted by the player) would likely not be given here, as she can still function long as her wing is kept at calm, but she'd be happy for visitors, and especially one who'd help her wrap it down properly.

She have been raised well by her parents, so she's very polite and strive to be honorable and kind too, and she dreams about one day being a guard herself. She'll be happy to help too if there is anything, or if Wish would need help with the other foals.

Alonsus is somewhat full of himself, but he does what he can to be of service whwrever he is, which includes in the rebuilding efforts, where he eventually cut himself on something rusty and had to go to the hospital to be sorted out. If you want a good guy who can be testing to be around, this might be someone to work with. :)

He is also a former muscle for a gang, who after snitching on his crew for a free ticket out of the big house, took residence in Ponyville to try and get a fresh start. He isn't interested in going back to that life though, so no need to worry about your safety. ^^

I don't have anyone know of said life, but eh, Wish could have heard stories or know somepony from Manehattan that ran into him in his lore scruffy, brutish years, and he'd spend a good chunk of time essentially begging her to not ruin what slice of peace he have managed to make for himself, and swear he changed. Some folks like that kind of setting, so take it if you so wish to. :)

jr1couc.png

Don't have a character page for him, but Honeydew works as a caretaker in a local foal-sitting establishment, and would be in the hospital to check up on some of the foals he works with that had gotten injured. No idea what could come of that, but eh, have to have a wild card somewhere. :)

I have others, like Briar and Brittle to work with, but figured I had mentioned enough for now. They both have pages in the google doc though, if you want to examine them anyway.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, and I'll get on it as soon as I can. :)