Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Uh... uhm... s-sorry.

Living overseas now and it's been rather stressful. Getting new living arrangements, a new job... making some attempts at a future for myself. It's... kind of hard to be creative through too much stress. Like, got five hours maximum outside of work if you count sleep, so even on my days off Its hard to set aside time to do things I care about. 

I'm kind of stuck, creatively. Still rather stumped on what to do with Dji.

As for Phoenix & the setting she's in...

Originally, I kind of wanted to go into blasting Widdershins apart so he gets some time to just start talking with the many disparate roles going on. Like, start talking to the Butler dude, he follows the voice, and a part of Widds is in an animated picture hanging on the wall. Talk to Anomaly as a soap bottle dispenser under the bathroom sink, so on. Buuut... that's kind of spreading myself thin. Literally... in literature here, Literal Literature. 

But, last I think we left off at, Phoenix was with Smoky alone in a room together, trying to patch things together after I having interrupted things. So, think I'm succinctly out of turn being involved between the two so soon there.

I'd... like to start RPing again, but... scrapin' Barebones here.

Not Drybones though.

I am getting creative ideas still, I've got plenty of time inside my head at work. Well ain't entirely dry... just muddied up & low...

Like... I, uhh.... having hard time figuring out what to... do to.... focus on.... what's.... what to do in here.

@~Phoenix~

Alright, I'll put it in tomorrow then, and we'll see what comes from it. :)

==============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus @Widdershins

I think this would be a good idea really. Catpone is a very creative RP'er, who could be the breath of fresh air you'd need Widders. :) From what you said, I can certainly understand the slump and lack of involvement, so to speak, yet if you wish to go back into it, going at it from a new setting would perhaps be the thing you'd need to get ahead with things again. We can just say that Widdershins suddenly vanished after his parts got back in the RP with me and Phoenix, then we just continue, and if you ever think it's the time for you to get involved again, do what you do best: Hijack it and turn everything into a circus. :D

==============================================================================

@dosey doe

Mate, would you kindly respond to the last post I made to you on the previous page, so that we can get you into the RP? :)

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus @Widdershins

I think this would be a good idea really. Catpone is a very creative RP'er, who could be the breath of fresh air you'd need Widders. :) From what you said, I can certainly understand the slump and lack of involvement, so to speak, yet if you wish to go back into it, going at it from a new setting would perhaps be the thing you'd need to get ahead with things again. We can just say that Widdershins suddenly vanished after his parts got back in the RP with me and Phoenix, then we just continue, and if you ever think it's the time for you to get involved again, do what you do best: Hijack it and turn everything into a circus. :D

I would be okay with it

For the I would be playing, it would be my Cat-pony character, my personality mixed with a friendly cat, with power to...talk to cats (and insta befriend them :catface:)

@Zephyr / Karou

Welcome totge show mate. :) Sorry I didn't reply before, but yesterday was a bit ccrazy.Let's go over the basics first and get you on track, alright? I'm sure the rust will fall right off.

So your characters name, race, some background, and if he/she have powers, some definition of what they are and can do, to keep things in check. I'll be looking forward to your reply. :)

Hmm. I do kind of want to keep things simple, somewhat limit myself for the time being. Maybe just do Everyday Life with Ambie again... a sorta humor bent to things.

But a disappearing act does kind of make sense, given what had happened before. ... Hmm...

Ooh! CAN I HAUNT SMOKEY'S MANSION NOW?!!? All melted in & integrated into the house itself until y'all find a way to Ghostbust me outta there?!!? DEATH BE BUT A DOORWAY!

Spirits is as spirits does, after all!

Oh, and @Catpone Cerberus? I won't need too much outta you if you want to play with Widdy. He tends not to require much. Pretty much just a description of where & what you are! ...I would like a character bio page though, if only for personal habits.

... Unless we can figure out how to plug you in with Ambie on the Apples' Farm. He's already triggered a Kitsune so far, so why not cat?

7 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Oh, and @Catpone Cerberus? I won't need too much outta you if you want to play with Widdy. He tends not to require much. Pretty much just a description of where & what you are! ...I would like a character bio page though, if only for personal habits.

... Unless we can figure out how to plug you in with Ambie on the Apples' Farm. He's already triggered a Kitsune so far, so why not cat?

Well, the character doesn't have a page yet, but I'll drop the basic information here.

Name: Cerberus.

Species: Hybrid between a cat and a pony.

Cutiemark: doesn't have.

Looks:

Spoiler

post-35322-0-03583500-1487253252_thumb.pngCat: Tail, eyes, ears, nose, mouth?. Pony: everything else

Talent Power: Can communicate with cats, befriends them instantly, can order cats around...

Other skills/abilities: Has the senses of cat, is more agile than normal ponies, but not quite on the level of cats due pony-body limiting it.

Backstory: Was left on some ponies door somewhere when baby and was brought up by said ponies. (the backstory isn't done yet.)

Personality: Based on me with added cat flavor, I'm not good at wording my personality, but in short, a friendly realist cat, can be dead serious or the total opposite depending on situation and mood. In this I will be focusing more on the silly cat like side.

Diet: Omnivore but prefers pony-food

Catnip:  instead of reacting like cats do, he just finds it to be the most delicious and good smelling thing in the world. 

Tell me if I forgot something.

And where...that's really up to you, he doesn't have a set home so I can start with him from anywhere, and if there's a reason needed for him to be there, we can just say he ended up there due playing with some random cats he met while travelling somewhere nearby.

@Blitz Boom No worries. I have really long background stories for both my characters linked in my signature if you want to read all that. And sorry if this post is a little long. I tried to make it as short as I could while still including everything important.

Zephyr (Karou)

24 years old, Unicorn, male, Sun Fire's twin brother, talented with telekinetic magic and heat magic

Zephyr is androgynous in appearance, and he doesn't show many typical male personality traits. He is very mellow, reserved, and confident, but he doesn't have much courage. He is comfortable in everyday situations, but he panics easily if a predicament suddenly comes up. He suffers from pretty severe anxiety, but Sun Fire is usually there to keep him calm. His cutie mark is a treble clef, symbolizing his love for music.

Zephyr repairs, makes, and sells musical instruments in the house he shares with Sun Fire. His talent with telekinetic and heat magic allow him to create and repair instruments with ease, and he even likes to experiment with making new types of instruments.

Sun Fire (Nuri)

24 years old, Pegasus, female, Zephyr's twin sister

Sun Fire is pretty much the opposite of her brother. She is loud (though not obnoxious), outgoing, and she loves trying new things. She likes to plan for the long term, and is pretty adaptive whenever a road bump comes up in her goal. However; she often wonders if what she does matters, and can become discouraged from her goals if they don't appear to be getting any closer after she has already put in everything she can. She suffers from depression, and relies on Zephyr to keep her from becoming absorbed in her negative feelings. Her cutie mark is a microphone, symbolizing her talent and passion for singing and writing music. 

Sun Fire has a recording studio in the house she shares with Zephyr. She writes music for her and Zephyr to perform, and sells recordings on vinyl records. She and Zephyr get invited to perform at many events in Ponyville, and Sun Fire even gets to travel across Equestria to perform at national events on occasion. She has an amazing singing voice, and combined with her ability to write music, she is considered one of the best musicians in Equestria.

Background (abridged)

Zephyr and Sun Fire have been inseparable since birth, and rely on each other almost as much as they rely on themselves. They grew up in a small town near Seaward Shoals with their brother Borea, their mother Midnight Glimmer, and Satou, one of Midnight's closest friends from one of the foreign nations. Their father, Magna, died when Zephyr and Sun Fire were young, so Satou moved in to help raise them. Satou became very close to the twins and did most of their raising since Midnight was working long hours to provide for all of them. She taught them all about music, and gave Zephyr and Sun Fire nicknames from her home country (Karou and Nuri). When Satou died, it had a big impact on everyone, and Borea ran away after Midnight began taking her anger and stress out on him. After this, Zephyr and Sun Fire were able to reform their mother into the kind pony she used to be. By this point Midnight was almost bankrupt, so to keep her from losing everything, the twins said goodbye to their mother and went to live in Manehattan as teenagers.

The next ten years were very stressful for them, but mostly Sun Fire. Zephyr developed his magic abilities and talent for repairing and performing on instruments as an apprentice, and eventually opened his own instrument repair shop with the help of his friend, Lemon Squeeze. He even got an apprentice of his own after a few years, named Bass Clef. 

Nuri got a spot on Songbird Serenade's team as a back-up singer, where she honed her singing abilities and became popular. When the jealousy of Songbird's other back-up singers reached its peak, they began harassing Sun Fire. It got so bad that she even attempted to commit suicide, but luckily she was taken to a hospital in time to save her.

After these stressful events, Zephyr and Sun Fire agreed to move to a small town and continue their passions there, but in a more casual, stress-free way. Zephyr passed on his business to Bass, and Sun Fire left her job as Songbird's back-up singer. They now live in a two-story house in Ponyville, with most of the first floor being Zephyr's instrument workshop and the rest being Sun Fire's recording studio, and the second floor being their living space. They only use the nicknames Satou gave them with each other, family, and close friends.

Spoiler

618495434_KarouandNuri.thumb.png.b649ff8722f336ae17dd98766f4d60e5.png

base by MLP-FIM24

Edited by Zephyr / Karou
Forgot to include their home town.

I'll respond to folks here in the morning. been a long day and I need sleep. Just wanted to stop a short mention to @Dji that I know I haven't gotten all responses, but I'm exhausted, so they will come in the morning. Sorry for the delay.

@Widdershins

When did me saying *No* to your madness ever actually work? :P Haunt away if need be.

=======================================================================================

@Zephyr / Karou

Didn't see the character bios in the description. Whoops. My bad on that one. :blush:

And what a read this were. O.o One day when I have more time, I am going in to have a closer read on the full bio's, because from what I can see here they're perfect. Good and defined personalities, a sensible story with ups and downs that grips you in, whilst leaving room for all sorts of details to come up in the RP to expand on things, great contrasts, and... Well, I could go on for a while. Suffice it to say that I'm impressed, and definitely will give you an APPROVED stamp right here for the both of them. :) 

Now to find come partners for them... Of course, you're more than welcome to interact with others instead, but I'm putting my own suggestions in usually here. Makes it flow a bit better at times, but again, welcoming others to it.

Actually before I get to it, the town of Ponyville were attacked by a large, dark monster a few days past in the RP, and have only now gotten fully repaired, after quite a bit of houses were damaged a good deal. So some suggestions on interactions from my side will involve that, just for the record.

I put these two together because I can't realistically have either wander on their own anymore, with how they're written in right now. Brittle is too scared of being alone, and Briar feels like he owes her to both integrate her some into society, but also stay close and keep her safe.

In any case, these two would react on the musical aspect of your characters, and be drawn to the tones from their house. Well, Briar would at least. He have recently gotten sight, but getting used to it is another story and he still relies mainly on his ears. Some beautiful music after everything that have happened would draw him in like moths to a flame. He were around helping with the rebuilding, so your characters may well have seen him and not get too unnerved by the sentient plant pony suddenly humming along outside their house. Or inside, if the workshop is something open to the public, which I kinda think, but better safe than sorry. :)

He likes talking and making new connections, and depending on if Zephyr and Sun's place are somewhat of a wreck, they may well accept some help getting everything set up. Brittle is more cautious and will mostly hold her head close to the ground, looking up scared like a mistreated dog, but she can be somewhat friendly if she gets used to a pony's presence enough.

Overworked, tired, but still trying to do his job. That's the kind of state Stargazer would show up in as he'd knock and ask if everything had gotten settled in, before bringing word that the forepony in charge of the rebuilding efforts, had asked him to come around and make sure that the outside workers who had helped with the rebuilding had done a good enough job. Preferable to getting everything to fall right down on you to have a little check. :)

He have a spotted past from his youth, but he have been a proud, decorated member of the Night Guard for over twenty years now, and will act respectfully towards both your characters, and aim to do what he can do to help.

Alonsus would be sent over by the forepony to help out, as he's strong of body, and frankly she finds him obnoxious to be around. He means well, but his boastful nature and penance for speaking in third person about himself can be somewhat grating for others. I include him for a second reason though, and that have to do with you mentioning in the Bio's that Zephyr and Sun had been in Manehattan from they were teens.

See, Alonsus also came from that town, where he worked from an early age as muscle in a local gang. Teens would be prime material for them to try and recruit, and if not that, they could well have either tried to muscle in on things once the two siblings began doing music and they tried to get a part of the cake, or the siblings may have simply heard of the gang, and the stallion that did some... Involuntary bone resettling, so to speak.

He have changed a lot since then, and looks far more groomed and happy, but he's terrified of anyone who knew of him coming around and starting to spread the word, since he likes being in a town where no one knows what he were like, and he could get a fresh start. You could have some fun making a connection there and basically have quite the thing to hang over his head. :)

Anyway,t hese were the ones off the top of my head. Feel free to check the others in the google docs beneath my siggy, and if none works, and no one else are looking to partner up with you, lemme know what sort you seek, and I can make a new character.

@Blitz BoomI don't think I actually had the links to them in my signature the first time I posted, so that wasn't your fault. 

Thanks. I've always been pretty decent at writing, it's just the guesswork behind creating a seamless story with other people that I have trouble with normally. I have plans to write a bio for their brother Borea, but I don't know if I'll include him in this rp when he's done. I have a vague idea for his personality and backstory, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

I think I'll probably start with them moving to Ponyville. Is there a character that is in charge of welcoming new ponies to Ponyville? If not, I can just make up a quick background character and use them just for that one scene. After they're all settled in, Briar and Brittle can come by. I think I've got a pretty okay idea for that scene.

The shop is open to the public, just not the second floor. It's basically a fairly large room with instruments and instrument supplies lining the walls, and with Zephyr working on instruments behind the sales counter. Sun Fire's recording studio is the room in the back corner of the shop. That's just a room with large sheets of cork on the walls to dampen vibrations and a vinyl record recorder in the center of the room.

Edited by Zephyr / Karou

@Zephyr / Karou

Oh, I can handle a welcome pony alright. *cackles*

In all seriousness though, I think that if it is someone to greet you when you first get into town, before settling down (gonna guess the house is standing ready for them, with everything having been moved there or something) I can sort that. I have some NPC's with no bios, but just pictures that I can use.

0dPt805.png

Long Stare usually just follow ponies around quietly until they notice she's there if she wants to speak with them. If you want a weird Ponyville welcome, she can get that done, though it might be a bit unsettling.

R1BxQTy.png

Bubble Burst works at the spa, in the reception to be specific. He's used to greeting folks and helping them settle in. But the spa is being rebuild, so he's out and about. He may well fall over your folks and try giving them a friendly Ponyville welcome.