Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom 

My post is fairly short because I spent a lot of my time tracking the story back all the way to page 189 where Penny and Scarcity met because I thought the lemon chocolate was for focus, but I wanted to be sure.  I’m glad I checked because I was wrong.  I also noticed that early on I said her chocolates would have an effect that lasts all day, but I would like to downgrade that a little as this would be too powerful.  Instead, while some may have more subtle effects that last all day, others may last hours, and some less than an hour.  Of course, she would have said it was so early on in the story.

@Storm Button

Of course. We're always open for new folks to join in. :)

Please add in the character bio, and we can take things from there to get you sorted and placed into the RP.

==================================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

Makes sense to me. The stronger they are, the less they last. Only so much magic you can put into a single piece of chocolate after all. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Storm Button

You are not required to read every page, no. Usually I start a new member off a little to the side, then over time introduce them to the company of others, and things gets explained along the way. Sometimes it changes, but it depends on the character. However, I do require you to never write 2 instead of a word in the RP, unless you are talking of numbers specifically. L33t speak are frustrating in an RP setting. :)

Going through the character, I can give some pointers and my opinion on a few things that stands out to me, as there are certain strange things there, and then at the end I will give my evaluation on everything.

1. The character not having a name before she got her cutie mark is a little... Flawed. Everyone have their name from the beginning, and then mostly it somehow ties into what they can do. May I perhaps suggest writing that she changed it after she got her cutie mark, and others just got used to it, to the point where most beyond close family remembers her real name?

2. I like the weather being affected by her mood. It haves a very Men In Black 2 vibe going for it, and it can certainly be fascinating. I can imagine that pegasi in the weather business absolutely hates her. :)

3. The powers related to certain moods are interesting, though there are more that can be expanded upon there. Say for example that infatuation causes a gentle spring breeze, confusion would be fog, and disgust hail. I'm sure you have plenty of ideas on how to expand this already, but I thought it interesting to add a few suggestions, and you can do with that as you please.

That's about it. I will say that I see no issues with the character. The powers are well defined, and not overpowered. To an extend, I can see how it would even backfire on her, which is certainly interesting and something I haven't seen here before.

Far as I can tell, I see no issues giving you an APPROVED stamp. :)

Now, I can suggest some characters to interact with her, if I may? If none are fine enough, I can try and make something new up. Winging it have gotten me this far, :P

Nerzhei, a dragon scholar who recently moved into a cave near Ponyville, in the Everfree Forest, and have only entered town a few times so far as she is unsure how the reception will be, considering the history between ponies and dragons. She tries her best to avoid her more primal want to flex her muscles, and focuses on using her brain. Generally speaking deals with others well, but she responds to bad interactions towards her in kind.

As she have recently come to Ponyville, and are still hurt after an experience from the day before (Short story, a sphinx got into the forest, and now a part of said forest is a desert area after a rather huge sand storm. Nerzhei got hurt trying to get someone out from there) she is seeking a more calm start tot he day, and could well arrive at the door to the bakery and order some things. She's human sized, so not easy for her to get inside most buildings in town, as they are build for smaller beings.

Personally who I'd suggest. He works at a coffee shop in Ponyville called Sloppy Joe's as a bit of a handy pony. The bakery gets their coffee grounds from them, and they trade over with baked goods for their own place, so there is a good chance that Storm may well have met him. He's a bit overblown and full of himself, but he does wish the best for others, and isn't boastful for the sake of feeling superior. He just have a bit of an ego problem.

I could easily have him be the one to greet her as she got over to deliver some of the baked goods for the day from the bakery, after they got their coffee grounds the night before, and then take the talk from there. If you prefer, it could also be said that they had never met before since she'd usually be dealing with one of the baristas, and this would be the first interaction between the two.

Things of note in town just quickly: There were a large sandstorm the day before, which might interest her to find. I could have a char jump in and lead her along the path if it were. Also, about three days ago, a large tornado engulfed a good deal of Ponyville in a dome (it were magically made) whilst a monster attacked. The dome went away and the monster got defeated without any deaths, but the rebuilding is still going on, with a few finishing touches going on around town. They'll be inspected soon enough.

Perhaps ideally, you could have Storm being out of town for a few days whilst this went on, so her powers didn't affect anything in the hours when everything went down?

Anyway, anything of note you want to push in? Perhaps a want for other chars, or settings? Lemme know? :)

Oh, whilst I remember it, someone lives in the desert right now, but there are interactions going on there for the time being, hence why I'm trying to ease things in if you wished to go that route. :)

32 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Storm Button

You are not required to read every page, no. Usually I start a new member off a little to the side, then over time introduce them to the company of others, and things gets explained along the way. Sometimes it changes, but it depends on the character. However, I do require you to never write 2 instead of a word in the RP, unless you are talking of numbers specifically. L33t speak are frustrating in an RP setting. :)

Going through the character, I can give some pointers and my opinion on a few things that stands out to me, as there are certain strange things there, and then at the end I will give my evaluation on everything.

1. The character not having a name before she got her cutie mark is a little... Flawed. Everyone have their name from the beginning, and then mostly it somehow ties into what they can do. May I perhaps suggest writing that she changed it after she got her cutie mark, and others just got used to it, to the point where most beyond close family remembers her real name?

2. I like the weather being affected by her mood. It haves a very Men In Black 2 vibe going for it, and it can certainly be fascinating. I can imagine that pegasi in the weather business absolutely hates her. :)

3. The powers related to certain moods are interesting, though there are more that can be expanded upon there. Say for example that infatuation causes a gentle spring breeze, confusion would be fog, and disgust hail. I'm sure you have plenty of ideas on how to expand this already, but I thought it interesting to add a few suggestions, and you can do with that as you please.

That's about it. I will say that I see no issues with the character. The powers are well defined, and not overpowered. To an extend, I can see how it would even backfire on her, which is certainly interesting and something I haven't seen here before.

Far as I can tell, I see no issues giving you an APPROVED stamp. :)

Now, I can suggest some characters to interact with her, if I may? If none are fine enough, I can try and make something new up. Winging it have gotten me this far, :P

Nerzhei, a dragon scholar who recently moved into a cave near Ponyville, in the Everfree Forest, and have only entered town a few times so far as she is unsure how the reception will be, considering the history between ponies and dragons. She tries her best to avoid her more primal want to flex her muscles, and focuses on using her brain. Generally speaking deals with others well, but she responds to bad interactions towards her in kind.

As she have recently come to Ponyville, and are still hurt after an experience from the day before (Short story, a sphinx got into the forest, and now a part of said forest is a desert area after a rather huge sand storm. Nerzhei got hurt trying to get someone out from there) she is seeking a more calm start tot he day, and could well arrive at the door to the bakery and order some things. She's human sized, so not easy for her to get inside most buildings in town, as they are build for smaller beings.

Personally who I'd suggest. He works at a coffee shop in Ponyville called Sloppy Joe's as a bit of a handy pony. The bakery gets their coffee grounds from them, and they trade over with baked goods for their own place, so there is a good chance that Storm may well have met him. He's a bit overblown and full of himself, but he does wish the best for others, and isn't boastful for the sake of feeling superior. He just have a bit of an ego problem.

I could easily have him be the one to greet her as she got over to deliver some of the baked goods for the day from the bakery, after they got their coffee grounds the night before, and then take the talk from there. If you prefer, it could also be said that they had never met before since she'd usually be dealing with one of the baristas, and this would be the first interaction between the two.

Things of note in town just quickly: There were a large sandstorm the day before, which might interest her to find. I could have a char jump in and lead her along the path if it were. Also, about three days ago, a large tornado engulfed a good deal of Ponyville in a dome (it were magically made) whilst a monster attacked. The dome went away and the monster got defeated without any deaths, but the rebuilding is still going on, with a few finishing touches going on around town. They'll be inspected soon enough.

Perhaps ideally, you could have Storm being out of town for a few days whilst this went on, so her powers didn't affect anything in the hours when everything went down?

Anyway, anything of note you want to push in? Perhaps a want for other chars, or settings? Lemme know? :)

Oh, whilst I remember it, someone lives in the desert right now, but there are interactions going on there for the time being, hence why I'm trying to ease things in if you wished to go that route. :)

Alonsus seems the best fit,I agree. I'll have her being outside of town during that..

I might take a while to post. I'm nervous as all Tartarus, my first public RP. Is there a specific mininum of lines for this RP?

(edited)

Just one backstory change: Instead of being taken to Canterlot, it's the Rich family who takes her in to work for them(again), viewing it as an opportunity to gain public favour for taking in somepony who's homeless.

Another character I shall be using!

@Blitz Boom

Edited by Storm Button

@Blitz Boom sorry! I'm using Betsy in another RP where she's in Canterlot and only realized hours later that I put it in the wrong one...lol. The one with the RIch's is the right one, I reported the other one.

Probably shouldn't have done it just as I woke up...

I’m not posting today.  I’ll probably post next week.  We made the decision and had our dog put to sleep on Saturday.  He was surrounded in family and friends when he passed.  Don’t worry about me, I’m okay, I just want to wait until I’m a little more focused.

@Seamore Sandwich

I'm so sorry to read that Seamore. :( You have my sincerest condolences for what must have been an extremely hard decision to make, and worse thing to go through.

Don't worry about us, and just get yourself through this, alright? We'll be here when you feel like everything's okay again.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

"We need to go on a search because the first ingredient requires a Tatzlwurm flower."

Skies darken quickly, as stormclouds gather and a huge, skull-rattling thundercrack resounds.

DID SOMECREATURE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A TATZLWURM FLOWER?!!?

Because it just so happens, that I happen to have an OC beastie entirely based around being a giant Tatzelwurm flower!!

I haven't yet really made an entry for Razzle Frazzum, because... well, he's more beast than an actual personality. He doesn't so much talk... as chew on ponies. Because he's mostly mouth anyway. He's mostly just a really, really big, carnivorous puppy. To play on that "monstrous new pet" trope. 

Buuuut, I do love adding a complication to a quest! ...a good amount of my characters kind of come across more as a D&D encounter rather than an actual character to roleplay.