Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Thought I had written this already, so I apologize for the slow update on this, but I won't be able to reply until Sunday. Visiting family, and I need to pretend to focus on what they're saying and take part in things. :)

May you all have a fantastic weekend.

@Seamore Sandwich

Sounds grand to me. For the record, in that time, Brute would help around the place to clear debris and running a few training sessions with the ones who'd want a spar. In her off time, she'd occasionally go outside to smash trees to add some firewood to the place, as well as deal with pesky beasts that got too close if that were an issue in the area.

Omen and Belladonna would be in the archives, looking for what Belladonna came there to find in the first place, but they'd be available to help with things if Marcus asked. Such as getting materials, supplies, or information to him. Omen's gates can be a real help there.

Sugar in the meantime, would be busy getting prepped for the journey, assist Marcus in what ways were needed, as well as going over with his wife what were happening with the wellspring, his sister returning, Marcus's mission, etc. Basically using certain things to stave off the inevitable situation of telling Belladonna that she's an aunt, since he doesn't know how to break it to her without her giving him a hard time.

========================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Did we ever reach some sort of agreement on what to do about the Tatzelwurm situation? Personally I don't mind, provided that you ain't gonna leave us hanging for ages every time Widders. :) The story's gotta move. Still, Dji's opinion is just as important, hence I'm not taking the decision before I'm certain it's fine from that angle.

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

WAIT, WHAT NOW? THERE WAS A THING WE WAS TALKIN'?!!?

You'll have to speak up. I am a being outside of this "Time Dimension" Kajiggamery that you mortals are so obsessed with! You'll have to explain to me what this "Leaving You Hanging" bit is! 

...There an window ya want me to butt in on here? How do?!

Anyhoodles! We'll be taking leave off work here for my birthday so I should totes have time to respond!

@Blitz Boom

So, like... I'm going to need a description of setting and a cue?

Because, like, a Tatzelpony doesn't/won't really talk so much as grumble-growl. It'll be there poking out somewhere as what looks like an utterly humongous, fleshy flower. And maybe somepony will assume that's what they're there ta get.

…..   *fidget*

……………..You're not seriously waiting for ME to be your conscious on this?

If I'm suggesting it's too far then that's REALLY saying something!

… Dear Spirits. He's doing it anyway.

…. May I eat you?

… Razzle's got himself a set of four foot, trifuricated jaws with two inch plant fangs. He's designed around feeling things with his mouth, so like.... that's the humor! Friendly Chewing!!

- Okay, that just sounded Mad.

@Widdershins @Dji

I just know we're going for a flower from one of 'em, and that Last is gonna cut said part from one of 'em first chance she gets. The details are pretty loose beyond that.

So... Your worm, your setting I guess? Clearing or weird looking forest area to camouflage. Something.

Be advised, Last were there some days ago and were hacking around her, especially after she got injured and needed to cover her retreat. She will not be happy to see anything even resembling one of those things. :)

==========================================================================================================

@Califorum

I can't say I remember you, so... Details please? :)

• Brohoof 1

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

I DO intend to play off Razzle Frazzum as "gigantic puppydog that doesn't have enough intelligence to put together that ponies don't like being half-swallowed as by means of a Hello."

That being said... Do think Tatzelwurms are seen canonically as more plant than animal? Like you could likely shove a machete full in, leak clorophyll out and it'd be just a minor pruning. Though, It really isn't Full Tatzelworm…

Really debating on whether I'm sticking with the backstory of my Draconequus just made him when he was bored.

Hey now! What I do in the depths of the dark forest is my own business! Besides, beastie, sos not like Razzle's in a place to give detailed explanations.

...Does this effectively make it my OC's OC?

Hum. Anyhow, do I just start in on a setting description?

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins @Dji

I just know we're going for a flower from one of 'em, and that Last is gonna cut said part from one of 'em first chance she gets. The details are pretty loose beyond that.

So... Your worm, your setting I guess? Clearing or weird looking forest area to camouflage. Something.

Be advised, Last were there some days ago and were hacking around her, especially after she got injured and needed to cover her retreat. She will not be happy to see anything even resembling one of those things. :)

==========================================================================================================

@Califorum

I can't say I remember you, so... Details please? :)

Yeah, it's fine. I'm pretty much new to this whole sorta roleplay thing on the forums so, check this out.

@Califorum

I'm sorry about the long wait time for a response. The last handful of days have had a lot in them, and I totally sweat it out. :( My apologies.

As for the character, I like the idea, though I am somewhat worried that by the looks of things, she doesn't really have any obvious weaknesses, which is an important part for an OC that seemingly amass magic and stays forever young. COuld you perhaps elaborate on a few things which can be worked to keep her in check, in case things are to happen? I am rather loathe with the idea of getting a Mary Sue in you see, and in worst case scenarios, would want to know what I could do to keep things... Manageable, so to speak.

I have a few idea for interaction partners as it is, but I am afraid that we'll have to take one step at a time here, and first seeing to getting your character sorted. :)

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Califorum

I'm sorry about the long wait time for a response. The last handful of days have had a lot in them, and I totally sweat it out. :( My apologies.

As for the character, I like the idea, though I am somewhat worried that by the looks of things, she doesn't really have any obvious weaknesses, which is an important part for an OC that seemingly amass magic and stays forever young. COuld you perhaps elaborate on a few things which can be worked to keep her in check, in case things are to happen? I am rather loathe with the idea of getting a Mary Sue in you see, and in worst case scenarios, would want to know what I could do to keep things... Manageable, so to speak.

I have a few idea for interaction partners as it is, but I am afraid that we'll have to take one step at a time here, and first seeing to getting your character sorted. :)

I'd say that her magic would be fairly obvious if she were to use it, which is why she doesn't make much use of it. She is weak to water related magic, and I could say that when it rains she couldn't use her magic, because her magic is electricity afterall. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum              *Steeples hands*

You want a straight review, Moondancer? Because I've been meaning to be blunt with you.

There's an undercurrent theme to the characters you create and while I'm not one to dissuade or discourage, there be just a flaw I would wish to point out.

At your permission of course.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Sounds like there's something to work with then. :) Like Bruce Willis before you, water is how to win.

Though, with your permission, I do wish to see what @Widdershins might be thinking off. He tends to be good at spotting things that can help the RP'er in question.

@Widdershins

For the record, I did not forget you mate, just that it is Dji's turn to answer. Great post though. :) Looking forward to seeing where this will go. Knowing you, it will end with Last being eaten by your plant, Victreebel style. :p

@Blitz Boom @Dji

Personally, I'm aiming to chomp Twilight Sparkle. More thematic, y'know. Go for the protagonist. 

Feel bad pickin' on a mare who still has to heal... but I'll be doing that a bit more subtly anyhow. Let 'er know just where this creature may have come from. 

Way I figure, itsa sorta lot to draw.  "Well... that... looks like what we're searching for. Though a bit... disconcerting. …. …. You go poke it first."

There's a turn based battle roleplay system? Considering my interruption, might as not matter two much if you go twice in a row, but Deege did say they were having as much trouble as I in getting time to respond.

@Blitz Boom  

I’m stopping at one post for today.  I put a lot of thought into this last post, and now it’s getting late, so I don’t think I would be able to put a good enough effort into the other responses.  I know some of the stories are trailing behind a little right now, but I will continue to at least post one response each Monday.  I meant to post for Marcus last Tuesday, but I never got around to it.  I have some really big plans for some of these characters, and I’m looking forward to seeing it all play out.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Califorum

Sounds like there's something to work with then. :) Like Bruce Willis before you, water is how to win.

Though, with your permission, I do wish to see what @Widdershins might be thinking off. He tends to be good at spotting things that can help the RP'er in question.

With deep consideration he can go right ahead. I might have said otherwise in a PM, though, what can it hurt?

In short @Califorum,

You place a bit too much emphasis on merely power. Liking the villains is one thing, but the reason those villains hold such a spot in our collective memories is that they believe what they are doing is right & important. It's why Sombra doesn't have a fan club or much fan art beyond menacing somebody. All he did was show up & roar a lot. (...though he may have gotten another episode since then, I'm not sure.)

This Cali of yours has almost no way to respond or react with anything but hatred. You state she wants to murder the important ponies around... despite the fact that she has no way of knowing who they are, where they are, what they do or anything more specific than just merely being important. You state that her greed is "insane," yet she manages it. If it's managed, it's not insane. Trust me on that.

We have had fellows in here as the Edgy, Shellshocked Warrior who only talked of how war is bad... despite the situation having nothing to do with what memories they might have. You can go ahead, sure. But how is your character going do anything other than just claim her hatred or steal things?

She has a castle she just walked into. She has some magic door or spell she just stumbled onto. She thieves because of her guessing things have importance.

This character has no goals, no personality, nothing to do but be hateful. You don't have a role; you have nothing to play with.

Sure, it can be an inciting tail for her to come in & nick something and the story be about chasing her down & getting it back... but those kind of thieves tend to end badly & forgotten.

Think the most important thing is to give a good backstory... but not have the character strangled by it. To where they cannot do anything but constantly refer to their past. What, praytell, do you see yourself doing? Wander into town, have some cheery shopkeep greet you hello and you just sneer back to say that you're evil?

Don't get me wrong, a character can be mean & grumpy. There's plenty Goth pones out there. But you got to do something else to interact with a world. I can't see Cali just walking into town to buy food reserves. What, does she freak out near anything remotely magical until she can steal it?

Start with a villager, just another face around town. You don't have to be the big bad the story centers around... because they don't get happy endings.

Besides, the more Edgelord you go with your OCs like this, the more I want Widdershins to come in and ham it up to force them into a Straight-Mare Comedy routine!

There are things you can't fight after all.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

I'll be honest, you made me laugh at the second to last sentence, but most of what you said there is quite fair and honest criticism. I still want to use this character for sure, though how would you suggest I make her better and more of a more fair and better character to use? I can think of ways to tone down the power, though what else can I do? I'm sort of at a loss at the moment. 

Oh, go ahead as is @Califorum! Blitz has given you the go-ahead & they get the final say, especially as they intend to be the one you interact with!

I'm certainly the last being to be saying powers should be toned down. Just keep in mind what'd be day-to-day common interaction, not "HaHAH! I have magical transformation blasts & will shoot up anypony who displeases me without warning to befit my own maniacal whimsy!!"   ...though I have been reading a webcomic where that's the primary basis and they get a LOT of drama & story out of that. But anyhoodles!

Think of it as in real life. Would you continue talking to the stranger who only opens his mouth to dramatically recap his own dark backstory? Or for example: there's a difference between another character idly bringing up their house, then you loudly bragging about your gothic castle you managed to wander into & lay claim... then there's waiting for them to ask, or comment on some other living place and you calmly adding on that you're more used to more space since you live in a castle. 

Personally, I see roleplay as Interaction Practice. Ya don't make it about yourself unless you're asked to.

Though that's kind of the genesis of Widdershins. He's had just so much backstory than is healthy; he's supposed to be the hyper-friendly, creepy, weirdo that ya gotta deal with now!

• Brohoof 1