Blitz Boom

Searching Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

(edited)

@Widdershins

The thing is, I don't know where your getting the impression that she talks about her 'background' and all that, aswell as the impression that she will blow up whoever 'opposes' her. I don't need a lesson as how to roleplay, I've done it for 4 years, I need an idea of how to make this character's background and such more sensible. I'd rather hold off posting IC, until that is 'Fixed', as you seemed to have issues with it, issues that are quite fair. I already have a fairly good idea of how I am going to be doing things in this roleplay.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Califorum 

If you don’t mind me butting in, I read through your character’s bio, and I have a few things I would like to say.  From what I read, you don’t exactly spell out your character’s motivations, but there is enough information to guess at what they might be.  You’ve basically written it as if she hates the princesses and Mane 6 just for having authority or for being in the spotlight.  However, there is a small detail which shows a possible reason why these things bother her so much, and may also explain her desire for power and knowledge.  You mention briefly that the town she lived in as a filly was on the poorer side, but you write it off that “Her early foalhood is not really important...”  I feel like this detail is probably much more important than you make it out to be, and it could use a bit more emphasis.  Her town was poor, so she probably wanted to change her situation by gaining knowledge and power to bring herself out of poverty.  The ponies with authority may not have done enough to help her town, so now she probably believes nobody who doesn’t help her has any right to tell her what to do.  The spotlight might bother her because it only shines on what people want to see, and not on poverty stricken towns like hers.  It could also be a matter of wanting to put her powers to the test to see if she could outwit those who had done nothing to help her town.  She may want to prove to the world that she is more than just a poor little filly from a poor town that nobody seems to care about.  Sometimes it can be easy to skip over some of our ideas when we have too many at once, and from reading the bio you wrote, I can tell the idea for her motivation was there, even if my interpretation of them is wrong, but the ideas never reached the page, at least, not completely.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

@Seamore Sandwich

That sounds fairly reasonable! I like your thinking! How come I never thought of that? Hahahaha.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Califorum said:

How come I never thought of that?

My point is that I think you did, but the thought wasn’t fully realized.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Just now, Seamore Sandwich said:

My point is that I think you did, but the thought wasn’t fully realized.

Perhaps I did, though I'm not really sure. I'll have to edit that.

May I join with my OC Mariposa?

Badges

I went ahead and edited Cali's character sheet to explain more about her background, tone her powers down a bit, and change the grammar up a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Think Seamore is better explaining the thought process I was attempting to convey. Think that was my gist anyway.

@Widdershins @Seamore Sandwich @Califorum

Real sorry my response on the conversation you folks have are so late, but yesterday was just such a mess, I didn't have any time.

So, I think Widders originally brought up some fair points on this whole matter, and I'm happy to see that you have been receptive to the input Califorum. That being said, it seems Seamore gave you the biggest push, and I can see that it have helped on things. :) As such, I see no issues fully approving you, though that now makes us come to the part where we need to find you a study partner, so to speak.

I can offer myself, with a variety of chars (Perhaps you have a certain type of personality you'd like to play off that I may offer?) and of course, others are more tan welcome to join in or take over if they wish to. :)

May I ask what sort of start setting you may have in mind?

• Brohoof 1

Badges

@Blitz Boom 

So, like, RP question, Blitzy.

What's, like, the limit on manipulating others' characters?

Like, I feel there's a pretty big difference between, say: picking up one of Cerbie's cats and saying that its hooked onto my tail and I'm danglin' the kitty n' playing with it

As opposed to the more Monster Encounter approach i'm doing with you which basically boils down to the narration saying: "And now you're in the mouth of a giant plant."

Like, if my ongoing plot i'm trying to write hinges upon putting you in peril or having that one blow hit ya, or I just like the image I can do wit' what ya given me... what's the line on... what's it called? Appropriating the detailed work of others?

Plagiarizing? 

Yeh, that.

Truly a flattering sign of creativity. A sign of all the great poets of past!

@Blitz Boom

I'd like a nice setting in the dark, I don't really care which character you play though I don't know your characters, so I'd like to be at some sort of mansion or house, and Cali is sneaking around to steal from it or something of that sort.

(edited)

@Widdershins

The limit basically goes to where you refuse any sort of reprisal, even in thought. As an example, you can say that your plant reach out and suddenly grabbed hold of someone. That will be the limit of things, as you still leave some room for a reply that doesn't mean you take over every action or thought. Safer still would be to leave it more open-ended, like for example " Suddenly, the plant snapped forward, and within a second would have the hapless being locked in its maw." This gives a little time, which is likely not enough to avoid it, but a reaction like say, using another hoof to try and hit the creature could be given an opening there.

Usually I prefer going with things such as *It would attempt to lash out, and unless something extraordinary happened within a few seconds, would have hold of what it aimed for."

It also sorta depends on the situation. I think say, surprise hugs are fine to just burst on, and lifting an NPC critter like a cat, or doing other harmless things to another will generally go over well. It is just in attack situations where you either need to leave some degree of a chance to have a reaction, even if futile (you can add that, by writing about how the speed and surprise would make it nearly impossible to dodge at the best of times, etc). Generally, if it harms someone else, ask permission of the individual in question, or leave them a chance to salvage things a bit, but sure, go grab a cat. :)

Oh, it does remind me, before you start taking Last's stomach wound into thought: It's not there anymore. I had them run into Anomaly, and she felt like healing up the bitter looking pony more or less because she could. She's still not top of her game though, as it have still been a long few days, and she haven't had the time to rest. The draconequus here just put her together, not adding new energy. It will slow reaction times some. :)

Hope this answers things, if not, I messed up somewhere, and you might need to dumb it down. xD

===================================================================================================

@Emerald<3

Oh, hello there. :) Didn't see ya.

Before we can get you in, we need to know some things about your OC, so please, information like some background story, looks, and potential powers. The more stuff you can think off the better, but please, don't think I demand an entire essay. :)

==============================================================================================

@Califorum

A mansion you say? Where there is the chance for something to steal, hmmm?

Oh, I do have a few with mansions, but I think this guy is free at the present moment. :)

0AOAL2X.png

Billowing Smoke (Or Smokey among friends) are an adventurer who have made quite a good living for himself by selling off the varied gold, diamonds, etc that he finds on his adventurers, whilst keeping his nose clean by donating most of the historically important things to museums. The things he doesn't secretly sell on the grey market that is, but he have a great accountant that keeps his tracks hidden, so long as he doesn't mess up, things are great.

He have a big mansion in Canterlot he isn't always in, that's locked with varied physical and magical means, but a crafty one such as you might find it merely a challenge, and think him not home. :) Fair warning: He's not the strongest, but he makes good use of smoke based magic to control the field a bit better. He cares more for the safety of himself and his friends than his money though.

And speaking of friends, a few more is also in the mansion at this time.

Kb4FqqH.jpg

Rose. His cousin who have a secret, unhealthy obsession over Smokey. She maintains the stunning gardens around the mansion.

ynHU5GC.png

Sorrow. She's visiting the caretaker of the mansion, whom are her father. I can't remember his name right now, but neither of them are threats really. Though Sorrow can speak with the dead, whom tends to hang around in the necklace around her neck. No powers though. At best, they can make a bit of a show of turning some light on around them, but there is no like, soul tearing or something like that. She's also a friend of Smokey, just for your information.

Not sure which ones will come up, but there is a mansion, there's riches, and you want to steal. Up for this challenge? :)

Oh, be warned though. There's been a certain @Widdershins who've been known to meddle around the place for his own amusement. I am not ruling out that he gets tempted again and swings by.

And yes, the setting can easily be at night, if that is your want. If this is a bit too close to the princesses for comfort, lemme know, and I'll think of something else.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

(edited)
2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins

The limit basically goes to where you refuse any sort of reprisal, even in thought. As an example, you can say that your plant reach out and suddenly grabbed hold of someone. That will be the limit of things, as you still leave some room for a reply that doesn't mean you take over every action or thought. Safer still would be to leave it more open-ended, like for example " Suddenly, the plant snapped forward, and within a second would have the hapless being locked in its maw." This gives a little time, which is likely not enough to avoid it, but a reaction like say, using another hoof to try and hit the creature could be given an opening there.

Usually I prefer going with things such as *It would attempt to lash out, and unless something extraordinary happened within a few seconds, would have hold of what it aimed for."

It also sorta depends on the situation. I think say, surprise hugs are fine to just burst on, and lifting an NPC critter like a cat, or doing other harmless things to another will generally go over well. It is just in attack situations where you either need to leave some degree of a chance to have a reaction, even if futile (you can add that, by writing about how the speed and surprise would make it nearly impossible to dodge at the best of times, etc). Generally, if it harms someone else, ask permission of the individual in question, or leave them a chance to salvage things a bit, but sure, go grab a cat. :)

Oh, it does remind me, before you start taking Last's stomach wound into thought: It's not there anymore. I had them run into Anomaly, and she felt like healing up the bitter looking pony more or less because she could. She's still not top of her game though, as it have still been a long few days, and she haven't had the time to rest. The draconequus here just put her together, not adding new energy. It will slow reaction times some. :)

Hope this answers things, if not, I messed up somewhere, and you might need to dumb it down. xD

===================================================================================================

@Emerald<3

Oh, hello there. :) Didn't see ya.

Before we can get you in, we need to know some things about your OC, so please, information like some background story, looks, and potential powers. The more stuff you can think off the better, but please, don't think I demand an entire essay. :)

==============================================================================================

@Califorum

A mansion you say? Where there is the chance for something to steal, hmmm?

Oh, I do have a few with mansions, but I think this guy is free at the present moment. :)

0AOAL2X.png

Billowing Smoke (Or Smokey among friends) are an adventurer who have made quite a good living for himself by selling off the varied gold, diamonds, etc that he finds on his adventurers, whilst keeping his nose clean by donating most of the historically important things to museums. The things he doesn't secretly sell on the grey market that is, but he have a great accountant that keeps his tracks hidden, so long as he doesn't mess up, things are great.

He have a big mansion in Canterlot he isn't always in, that's locked with varied physical and magical means, but a crafty one such as you might find it merely a challenge, and think him not home. :) Fair warning: He's not the strongest, but he makes good use of smoke based magic to control the field a bit better. He cares more for the safety of himself and his friends than his money though.

And speaking of friends, a few more is also in the mansion at this time.

Kb4FqqH.jpg

Rose. His cousin who have a secret, unhealthy obsession over Smokey. She maintains the stunning gardens around the mansion.

ynHU5GC.png

Sorrow. She's visiting the caretaker of the mansion, whom are her father. I can't remember his name right now, but neither of them are threats really. Though Sorrow can speak with the dead, whom tends to hang around in the necklace around her neck. No powers though. At best, they can make a bit of a show of turning some light on around them, but there is no like, soul tearing or something like that. She's also a friend of Smokey, just for your information.

Not sure which ones will come up, but there is a mansion, there's riches, and you want to steal. Up for this challenge? :)

Oh, be warned though. There's been a certain @Widdershins who've been known to meddle around the place for his own amusement. I an not ruling out him getting tempted again.

I haven't set up her character sheet yet, so forgive me if I only have a drawing. Here you are:

20190616_222624.thumb.jpg.cd3c16b44bff369e4c31a0cf2c003542.jpg

Mariposa is a pegusus (I barely use her, so I wanted to this time). You can see her cutie mark and talent as pictured above.

She was born in Cloudsdale, where she spent most of her life before eventually moving to Ponyville at the age of 18 to pursue her career. She's only 19, so she's been there a year. 

She doesn't really have any "powers" per se, but she can talk to insects (because her talent is zoology).

She has a magenta coat and violet mane and tail. Her eyes are a pale yellow. She is very sassy and is not afraid to stick up for herself. Sarcasm is her best weapon.

She is also very brave, and very stubborn. She will help others, but will never accept it from others.

Is that good?

Edited by Emerald<3

Badges

@Blitz Boom

That sounds perfect, and I don't really mind what happens as long as she gets something out of it haha. Those characters there are quite perfect enough for me, though am I free to post?

@Emerald<3

Perfectly good summary mate, and the insect thing is kinda fun. Gives me some... Ideas. :p I will approve you here, and then come back later tonight, or tomorrow, to offer some chars for ya.

Thought one question: You say she lives in Cloudsdale? Would you like the RP to at the very least start there, and potentially revolve around the area? I have 2 ponies who live there.

===============================================================================================

@Califorum

Feel free to write the first post. :) I will respond to everything tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

26 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Emerald<3

Perfectly good summary mate, and the insect thing is kinda fun. Gives me some... Ideas. :p I will approve you here, and then come back later tonight, or tomorrow, to offer some chars for ya.

Thought one question: You say she lives in Cloudsdale? Would you like the RP to at the very least start there, and potentially revolve around the area? I have 2 ponies who live there.

===============================================================================================

@Califorum

Feel free to write the first post. :) I will respond to everything tomorrow.

She's FROM Cloudsdale, but lives in Ponyville 

• Shocked 1

Badges

@Emerald<3

Eh, I'll think of something else then, though right now, I need to get some sleep, then go to work. I'll respond here when I can.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

26 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Emerald<3

Eh, I'll think of something else then, though right now, I need to get some sleep, then go to work. I'll respond here when I can.

Sounds good! Talk to you later, then!

Badges

@Widdershins

I have no idea how, but that post about your Tatzlwurm made me laugh out loud. Luckily, I was quiet enough that no one on the tram looked at me.

Badges

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

Well, Like, thing is... kinda what I'm aiming to do...

Is that Razzle Frazzum's gonna chomp a pone, and, as likely response to that, of course, would be for the rest of the party to launch an attack on it... which then would cause Razzle to drop said pony in confusion. As It wouldn't know why ponies would take offense to being chomped. Then we all go from there! Like, I want this to be a surprise... but if I don't say it, then it ain't gonna happen, and if I'm playing the part o' givin' others stuff to deal with and have fun with then surprises is kinda important...

Oh, and Deej! It's TatzelPONY! A mutant hybrid of the both. I just ain't had the time ta fully describe it, as its yet to lunge out!

And wanted to say! @Emerald<3!

That is some amazing hand-drawn work! I'm astonished & jealous, lol! Makes me want to practice my own drawing skills! What is that, a double outline?! Awesome!

As much as I dislike the phrase "Mane Six," its a theming set for OCs I've been working on too!

...though I suppose a Hydra kind of doesn't count for that.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Widdershins said:

@Dji & @Blitz Boom

Well, Like, thing is... kinda what I'm aiming to do...

Is that Razzle Frazzum's gonna chomp a pone, and, as likely response to that, of course, would be for the rest of the party to launch an attack on it... which then would cause Razzle to drop said pony in confusion. As It wouldn't know why ponies would take offense to being chomped. Then we all go from there! Like, I want this to be a surprise... but if I don't say it, then it ain't gonna happen, and if I'm playing the part o' givin' others stuff to deal with and have fun with then surprises is kinda important...

Oh, and Deej! It's TatzelPONY! A mutant hybrid of the both. I just ain't had the time ta fully describe it, as its yet to lunge out!

And wanted to say! @Emerald<3!

That is some amazing hand-drawn work! I'm astonished & jealous, lol! Makes me want to practice my own drawing skills! What is that, a double outline?! Awesome!

As much as I dislike the phrase "Mane Six," its a theming set for OCs I've been working on too!

...though I suppose a Hydra kind of doesn't count for that.

Wow, thank you very much! That makes me feel so happy! I've grown a lot since 2011 when I first started drawing ponies hehe.

Yeah, drawing is fun! You don't have to be good at it, you just do it because you like it. 

I just need to figure out where to start with her in the RP.

Oh! I'm also open for requests if you ever want anything. I do digital and hand drawn. Hit me up in the DMs if ur interested!

Anyway...

Yeah, where should I start...?

*Places thinking cap on*

This isn't helping.

*throws cap in the garbage*

• Yay 1
  • Laugh 1

Badges

Just now, Widdershins said:

@Emerald<3

Find you in the... uh, DungeonMasters? 

derp___lie_hooves__by_necromanteion-d4d6rua.thumb.png.d134ab82fb2d75691110be8c88c13447.png

Derpy is so cute 

• Yay 1

Badges

@Emerald<3

Apologize for the long delay. Day got a bit wonky and I completely sweat this out. :(

As she seems to be a bit of an animal lover, I have a few that may have an easy time establishing a connection through that. They are as follows:

Q5TnoPc.png

Jelly Drop, age 12. Daughter of the recently moved in Night Guard in Ponyville, Stargazer, along with her pet spider Gary. He usually hides in her mane and jumps after insects.

She's a well behaved half bat pony, who adores her father and wants to be just like him when she grows up, and as such, tries to help everywhere that she can. She might easily run into your character as she were having Gary out to hunt for his dinner, or if Mariposa were in some sort of a pinch. Your char might not want to admit to wanting help, but technically, is it really asking for help if someone just does it, or more just a happy coincidence? :P

Another I have no picture for sadly, is a human-sized, recently exiled dragon scholar called Nerzhei, and her pink pet bunny, Lotus. Nerzhei is a stubborn sort, who wields sarcasm well too if need be, and have a god deal of pride that makes it difficult at times to communicate with ponies. Still, she tried to be open-minded, and as a scholar, she could well find fascination to some degree about what Mariposa could do, even if it isn't her major fascinations (Usage of magic-infused gems and history). Considering she recently started to get into Ponyville more, it could well be a random encounter, and a dragon walking on two legs with an adventurer's robe, some bags and a spear might well draw the eye. Not the usual sort around the place.

Beware Lotus though. She's a feisty type who might look cute and cuddly, but she grew up among dragons, and acts like them. You get on her bad side, and she'll straight up jump you. :) And yes, she tends to fight with other animals.

That's about those with animals, but I have two more that might work since... Well, I have them free, so eh. :P

H4kcVq7.png

Circle Pop, owns a candy store in Ponyville, where she serves out sweets made from ingredients from all over the world. Usually spends weeks on end at times travelling, in which case a replacement is there to handle the store, but she is there for the time being. She's awaiting her boyfriend to pop in one of the days too, but beyond that and the store, she have been through some long travels recently, and could likely go for a relaxing trip through the forest. Never know who you might run into out there. :)

rAUPBLb.png

This here's Benny, and he's only about a half head taller than a regular pony, though longer. He runs the primary army forge in Canterlot, and is an actual member of the Royal Guard, though not affiliated with either the Solar, Night, or Coastal Guards. It's just a requirement that in his position that you need to be part of the guards, so he did his best and managed to get through the tests after about four attempts.

He's a very friendly, jovial dragon who loves hanging around ponies and snacking. If there's a street vendor with something that smells sweet, he'll drift towards it like a moth to a flame.

He got some recent work related damages and have gotten a few days off to heal his wounds, so he have come to Ponyville to meet up with someone close to him and generally relax, though he's usually too kind for his own good and will attempt to help around in what ways he can. His significant other and himself have considered getting a pet recently, so they might have something to talk about if Maripone and him ran into one another.

There, four off the top of my head. I'd link the bio pages, but uhm... Seems like all the old ones got archived, so I need to get to work on putting the ones I have into the new section, and format it right before they're readable. Have lots to do these days, so likely gonna take a while, though if you have any questions on these, I am happy to elaborate. :)

Badges

7 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Emerald<3

Apologize for the long delay. Day got a bit wonky and I completely sweat this out. :(

As she seems to be a bit of an animal lover, I have a few that may have an easy time establishing a connection through that. They are as follows:

Q5TnoPc.png

Jelly Drop, age 12. Daughter of the recently moved in Night Guard in Ponyville, Stargazer, along with her pet spider Gary. He usually hides in her mane and jumps after insects.

She's a well behaved half bat pony, who adores her father and wants to be just like him when she grows up, and as such, tries to help everywhere that she can. She might easily run into your character as she were having Gary out to hunt for his dinner, or if Mariposa were in some sort of a pinch. Your char might not want to admit to wanting help, but technically, is it really asking for help if someone just does it, or more just a happy coincidence? :P

Another I have no picture for sadly, is a human-sized, recently exiled dragon scholar called Nerzhei, and her pink pet bunny, Lotus. Nerzhei is a stubborn sort, who wields sarcasm well too if need be, and have a god deal of pride that makes it difficult at times to communicate with ponies. Still, she tried to be open-minded, and as a scholar, she could well find fascination to some degree about what Mariposa could do, even if it isn't her major fascinations (Usage of magic-infused gems and history). Considering she recently started to get into Ponyville more, it could well be a random encounter, and a dragon walking on two legs with an adventurer's robe, some bags and a spear might well draw the eye. Not the usual sort around the place.

Beware Lotus though. She's a feisty type who might look cute and cuddly, but she grew up among dragons, and acts like them. You get on her bad side, and she'll straight up jump you. :) And yes, she tends to fight with other animals.

That's about those with animals, but I have two more that might work since... Well, I have them free, so eh. :P

H4kcVq7.png

Circle Pop, owns a candy store in Ponyville, where she serves out sweets made from ingredients from all over the world. Usually spends weeks on end at times travelling, in which case a replacement is there to handle the store, but she is there for the time being. She's awaiting her boyfriend to pop in one of the days too, but beyond that and the store, she have been through some long travels recently, and could likely go for a relaxing trip through the forest. Never know who you might run into out there. :)

rAUPBLb.png

This here's Benny, and he's only about a half head taller than a regular pony, though longer. He runs the primary army forge in Canterlot, and is an actual member of the Royal Guard, though not affiliated with either the Solar, Night, or Coastal Guards. It's just a requirement that in his position that you need to be part of the guards, so he did his best and managed to get through the tests after about four attempts.

He's a very friendly, jovial dragon who loves hanging around ponies and snacking. If there's a street vendor with something that smells sweet, he'll drift towards it like a moth to a flame.

He got some recent work related damages and have gotten a few days off to heal his wounds, so he have come to Ponyville to meet up with someone close to him and generally relax, though he's usually too kind for his own good and will attempt to help around in what ways he can. His significant other and himself have considered getting a pet recently, so they might have something to talk about if Maripone and him ran into one another.

There, four off the top of my head. I'd link the bio pages, but uhm... Seems like all the old ones got archived, so I need to get to work on putting the ones I have into the new section, and format it right before they're readable. Have lots to do these days, so likely gonna take a while, though if you have any questions on these, I am happy to elaborate. :)

I like the first one

Badges