Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Lucid_Nightlight

Thank you for letting me know. :) Have a great time. :D

=======================================================================

Just wanted to inform all that my next post will be on Thursday. Away for around 13 hours on Tuesday since the family want to go to the zoo etc. so I won't have the time or energy to write there, sadly. Don't worry though, unless I get eaten by something, or get confused with one of the monkeys and put in a cage, I'll be back. :)

(edited)

@Blitz Boom  

Just to clarify, the speech isn’t technically over yet, this is just a pause for Sugar Lime to accept (or possibly reject) the robes.  Also, since this was another long one, it’ll be another lone post tonight.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Kaze Yousei

Sure we do: :) May I ask what your character is called, what he/she looks like, some backstory and if the creature in questions have powers, what sort, and what's the limits of them? Covering the basics to get you through, then once we're sorted, I'll get you approved and we'll figure out where to put ya. :)

For the record though, gonna be some time before you get a reply. Going to bed now, and then work so... At least 13 hours before I have the time. Fair warning here. :)

@Kaze Yousei

Sure is a fascinating character you got yourself there. The healing aspects that costs stamina in return, is a nice bit that is well balanced, and honestly explained pretty well. I see no reason to not stamp you as Approved right away. :)

Now, as for partners in this... I don't have anyone living in Vanhoover, but I do have some travellers that might be workable, whom could also have some interest in going to see some plants. I'll try to keep the ones keeping spiders as pets away from this. :P Here's some suggestions.

UvVWRAw.png

6Tulw5Y.png

Briar Trapjaw (top) and his ward, the changeling Brittle Buzz.

Briar is a creature I dubbed Evergrown, which is basically seclusive pony-like plant creatures that grow from special trees. Briar is an exile from his tribe, and have been spending many years now wandering the world, searching for both new experiences, and someone that could help him see. An issue which have been solved, though he have a lot of adjusting to do there. He have been hanging around Ponyville for about a month now to help with things and ease things for Brittle, but I have been looking for an excuse to get them out and about, so this may work well, and a plant nursery would sound like a relaxed experience to share with Brittle.

Oh, and I almost forgot, Briar can handle it if you have an insect problem. He's a meat eater, hence the sharp, pearly whites. He also tends to speak like he have somewhat crossed path with high society in Canterlot, but it is mostly due to the first pony he ran into after his Exile, were an old stallion from that town that decided to take the confused evergrown in and teach him how to deal with the world he had been plunged into. Briar moved on once he eventually had to bury the stallion, and holds his memory in high regards.

As for Brittle, she's a converted changeling (meaning she used to be a pony) who doesn't know her old life, and can't control her transformation powers due to her cocooning getting interfered with. It runs on emotions essentially, which a circus that found her took advantage off and scared her with big sounds, flashing light, etc. to make a show out of her random, unpredictable transformations. They kept her in a cage otherwise, which a few years ago, Briar broke her out off and released her. They ran into one another in Ponyville not too long ago and feeling guilty that he left her, decided to take care off her at that point. She's 16, and he's 24, just in case.

As the circus and their cruel ways are the earliest memories she have, she is incredibly nervous around others, and thinks the worst is going to happen wherever she goes, with only the presence of Briar being able to make her feel at least a little safe. If she gets scared, extra nervous, or have any other sort of spiked emotion, she'll undergo a transformation, and won't normalize again until she manages to calm down some. Briar is trying to show her the good side of the world and boost her self confidence a little, so that she'll eventually be able to face the world without shaking near the ground, thinking that there's a strike about to come her way. Ponyville have shown much, but they do need to go out and see new things, and Vanhoover would be a fine stop on the road, where they could then ease things with say, a seemingly nice, soothing plant nursery.

Zt6NURn.png

Next one is Lieutenant Hogweed, higher up of the Solar Guard infirmeri. She's a polite mare who doesn't think she honestly deserves the position she's in, and have a tendency to add a some *uhm*'s and such in her way of talking, whenever she gets nervous that her words might offend somepony. Don't get on her bad side though, as she does have an intimidating side to her if she gets pushed enough, normally by seeing someone ill being mistreated. She's a very protective sort of doctor., and doesn't tolerate that sort of thing.

She could easily be there at the Vanhoover plant nursery to gain or inquire about some plants/seeds of plants that could be used in medical ways, and then fall into talk from there. One healer to another, they might have something to speak about, though there could always be other things of course too, like plants in general. She likes to be on top of possible plants that can be used in remedies.

NtDBSw8.png

Belladonna Venin. Personal assistant to Clayton Quartz, which is another OC of mine who runs a construction firm in Canterlot, though she is likely not in Vanhoover for anything related to that.

Belladonna is a highly analytical mare who have gone far from when she were a filly grown up in what is essentially a cult, to someone who have carved themselves a pretty great little life, though she doesn't spend much time on a personal life, as she considers herself mostly dedicated to her work. This means that at times, her boss orders her to take some time off, which i could comfortably have her take in Vanhoover. See, if there is one thing she does have a vested interest in, it is poisons. She makes her own variants and puts highly concentrated, usually non-lethal dosages in small, needle-like vials she tends to carry in her bag when there is a potential need for them. As such, she would also have a vested interest in anywhere with plants outside of her normal environment, to see if she could purchase and gather some new samples to experiment with. She's pretty open about this too, in case he gets inquisitive, as it is not technically illegal to make these, and she only uses the toxins in self defense, so at worst she can be fined if it comes to certain overzealous guards here and there.

There's a few options to go with. You have any additional questions about any of them, feel free to ask. :)

@Blitz Boom

The first two could be good, I think. Though, originally, I was going to bring Velvet to the location of the RP with the excuse of visiting his parents, but I can have him visit Ponyville and Canterlot later ^~^

Just so that you know, I haven’t kept up with the show in a while, which was part of the decision to station Velvet in Vanhoover, so he has a good reason to ask questions about what’s going on without looking silly for it.

@Kaze Yousei

I can beat ya about that. I've only watched the show for about three minutes before I turned it off, finding it not to be my taste. I get what information I need from the Wiki, and then most other stuff I just make up. Frankly I'm mostly a fan of the setting. :) Great RP potential.

As for the chars selected, I'll have them pop around town, or if you'd like, you can make the first post and I can interact from there. Your choice really. :) Ah, and while I remember it: I post in the main thread every two days, just so you don't wonder where my stuff are. I need some time to breathe between posts. :)

@Blitz Boom

Haha yeah. I agree with ya there. I haven’t seen the show since Season 3, with Season 2 standing as my favorite season due to writing.

For the characters...I could intro Velvet first. I’ll get working on a post ^~^

@Dji @Blitz Boom

A bit of a jump, perhaps, but... In My Defense!~

I would like to point out that we are dealing with the Everfree temperate rainforest here. With such huge number of Cragadiles, Ursas, Timberwolves and other large predators, sudden lunging is likely the chosen source of predatory tactics. And no doubt this ain't the first time Twilight Sparkle has been nearly swallowed.

And I should say, I have intended to set Razzle Frazzum as essentially an apex predator... if but for one gaping flaw. I fully intend to make him immune to most any attack. While I'm not here to tell you how to react... no doubt Stand would likely open with a physical assault, and as our alicorn is a bit muffled to try and focus magic... I expect Cherish, our ghostly compatriot to come up with a suitable, non-combative solution.

Razzle is a Plant after all. Plants ain't got brains!

@Widdershins

Well, I'm just gonna assume that some sort of thing in the mutation that created the plant will have caused not only the petals to be made essentially a thickly layered leathery composition with the density strength of iron then, but that he have some sort of high recovery thing going too, provided he stands in sunlight. I will have you keep in mind though, that Last is carrying a highly enchanted blade that is not going to break, and does have quite an edge to it, so it is unlikely that it will not at least sting if she puts some force into it.

And speaking of Last, I think you may have missed the small detail within my last post where I mentioned that Last would ensure that she stood in front of the princess as they got closer. To quote from page 353:

==========================================================

Last would approach, but so far stay silent and make sure that she remained in front of Twilight, to keep the princess from harm. As this might be a dangerous situation, she had also drawn her sword, which she now held in her muzzle by the hilt.

==========================================================

Any lounging at the princess would have to go through her, and she's not just holding a weapon, but are prepared to strike at anything that moved towards said princess. Hence I am somewhat confused how it got to Twilight without her getting in the way. :) Especially as you wrote, the stem would move, which wouldn't exactly make someone guarding royalty suddenly relax. Same with the open maw.

I'll see if I can make something up, but this does put the situation in sort of a strange pickle. I mean, she'd get gulped up likely, as a strike would prove not to cut the creature down in a single hit, and as such, she'd get taken in instead of the princess, but the other way around... I need to think a bit. Perhaps I'll just set in that the princess got careless and something else moved which for a half second took Last's attention away or something. I dunno, we'll see.

P.S. If you're going John Carpenter on us, I'm burning the entire forest down. Twice.

@Blitz Boom Nay, nay.                                              Watch me Neigh-Neigh.           ...that needs to be an Equestrian dance.

What I read, was that @Dji had the alicorn move up after Cherish went in first and didn't get a reaction. Being ghostly, whether re-corprealizing or not, Cherish couldn't effect much or be heard much. Then Twilight stepped forward, after Stand's stepping forward, which would put her much closer.

Razzle's reacting to proximity. 

Because, y'know, tiny, dinky, vestigial eyes. His Designer didn't really keep a lot of things in mind.                I ram things together. That's how fusion works. Every fanboy knows this!

I am trying not to play my intent to far ahead of time, but Razzle Frazzum's not durable... its just too dense of a plant to cut through. My theory is that plants don't have a nervous system, so just wounding one won't have any effect, especially when its roughly the size of a wagon-house like Trixie or your Happy Hour has. I won't dissuade you from slashing a plant though...

Like even, say if you took a slash at your everyday Hippo. It'd hurt, but they're just too bulky for it to make much of an effect. Admittedly, as you stated, anti-magic blade, so you might cut deeper in then most other blades, but still. I am actually trying to avoid a convential battle here.

And BE-SIDES, Honeycube! I feel bad picking on poor Last Stand! Which, of course, surely has nothing to do with my authors soft spot for "Strong, Independent Mares." 

Though I will grant you that Razzle certainly is a Strange Pickle.

Now If you'll excuse me, I'm off to go Lounge at a Princess.         /commences aggressive slouching at Cadence

I do so love the way you typo sometimes, Blitzie!!

Sorry that most of the posts are real short. Been called in for work tonight, so got really pressed for time, and had to chose between making it short, or postponing this until another day. Figured this were the better option. :)

@Blitz Boom  

it’s another lone post.  I had to dig way back into the Roleplay to find some information that was lost from Miles’ bio, possibly deleted when the layout of the site changed.  I’ve spent about four hours on that short post.  I ended up getting sidetracked rereading older parts of the RP while looking for that one piece of information.

@Seamore Sandwich

I thought most of my bio's were deleted too, but instead they just retired all the old ones, since I guess they didn't know how to transfer them over to the new format.

https://mlpforums.com/rp-archive/roleplay-characters/

Check around here and you might be able to find him. :) I have to convert all my old ones in there to the new page one of these days, but for the time being, I can at least find 'em there.

Aww man. I just checked all the links for my characters and they are all dead. And I didn’t make backups of them either. I’m going to have a busy night redoing all the characters in the new database.

@DripMoondrop

This is the OOC (out of character) thread for the Casual Stroll Roleplay.  The normal procedure for joining a Roleplay is to post in the OOC thread asking to join, linking your character, then waiting for whoever is in charge to tell you wether or not you are approved.  In this case, it’s @Blitz Boom‘s decision wether or not to accept you, though I believe it is very likely you will be approved.  However, @Blitz Boom would probably ask for some clarification on the Tracking spell, including how it works (does some kind of light lead the way, or does she just get a sense of which way to go, or perhaps it’s something else like enchanting a compass to point the way), and what its limitations are.

Just now, Seamore Sandwich said:

@DripMoondrop

This is the OOC (out of character) thread for the Casual Stroll Roleplay.  The normal procedure for joining a Roleplay is to post in the OOC thread asking to join, linking your character, then waiting for whoever is in charge to tell you wether or not you are approved.  In this case, it’s @Blitz Boom‘s decision wether or not to accept you, though I believe it is very likely you will be approved.  However, @Blitz Boom would probably ask for some clarification on the Tracking spell, including how it works (does some kind of light lead the way, or does she just get a sense of which way to go, or perhaps it’s something else like enchanting a compass to point the way), and what its limitations are.

Ah alright! Thank you very much!! <3 

Might as well post a little description here haha. It is more like a "horn radar" she uses to find things (she's forgetful and clumsy lol). She has to visualize the thing she is looking for really well and then her horn will lead the way. In the ole "you get closer, it beeps/blinks more" way haha. :)

(edited)

@DripMoondrop

I will check it later, but first, please delete the part of your post in the main thread that shows your bios. OOC post cannot be there. :/

For the record, this is not just my own idea of things. I have been contacted by a moderator before when too much OOC text got into the main one, and they were none too happy about that sort.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@DripMoondrop

It happens. Just keep in mind for the future that this is the OOC, and that only in character posts are to go on the main thread. :) And you can still use the post you did make sort of, just as soon as we get you sorted, you can technically just edit in your actual start post.

Now, let's see what we're dealing with...

Well, I don't really see an issue with things. A bit bare-bone, but nothing that won't come out in the RP itself, and the tracking have been described, so... Approved. :)

Now, before I offer some characters, are there any sort of personality types that you'd prefer to mingle with? It helps me offer some suggestions, unless you want to make it author's choice, in which case I'll just pick at random. :)

Just now, Blitz Boom said:

@DripMoondrop

It happens. Just keep in mind for the future that this is the OOC, and that only in character posts are to go on the main thread. :) And you can still use the post you did make sort of, just as soon as we get you sorted, you can technically just edit in your actual start post.

Now, let's see what we're dealing with...

Well, I don't really see an issue with things. A bit bare-bone, but nothing that won't come out in the RP itself, and the tracking have been described, so... Approved. :)

Now, before I offer some characters, are there any sort of personality types that you'd prefer to mingle with? It helps me offer some suggestions, unless you want to make it author's choice, in which case I'll just pick at random. :)

Thank you <3 yes I'll edit the post to a proper one then! I didn't know the works of the OOC posts and stuff haha. Now I know :)

Moondrop is still a very simple pony, nothing really special about her but that's what I kinda like. Lot of room for developements in all directions hehe. 

She's quite jumpy and doesn't get along with too energized ponies like Pinky. That's just too much energy for her to handle. Otherwise I am open for anything really ^^