Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Catpone Cerberus

Hee, you keep saying something to the effect of not knowing what I'm saying. I don't know if that's because my narration is being too wordy & flowery, or just acting up my character as too giddy & hard to follow. Either way, that's exactly what I'm trying to do & I'm okay with that, lol!

Hope I'm not too much convoluted! We're going for a playdate sorta theme, eh?

And... *ahem*…

@Blitz Boom

AAAAAAAAIIIICTUALLY!!

It is THEORIZED, if not outright nnnn-STATED in show cannon, that pegusai do NOT have lighter, birdlike skeletal structure! Fan theories suggest that pegusai are held up almost entirely by innate pony magic that not only allows their cloudwalk abilities & flight, but this would support the great very many examples in show of their magic being taken away from them, leaving them helpless. This, in turn, my short-sighted fellow, be led to further be exemplified by the great many times we've seen Rainbow Daish compete against Appuljeck in hoof-wrestling, weight-carrying or other erstwhile shows of endurance & strength against what is nnnnn-UNEQUIVICABLY the strongest mare in Ponyville!

*adjusts pony sticker decorated nerd glasses*

This has been your regularly scheduled Pony Snob moment. You're, hnnyur, wel-come.

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins

You hit a sore spot there when it came to Rose, Widdershins. Beware you don't get chased with a pair of hedge clippers. :P

Her cousin

Eh-heh-heh... maybe I jumped ship a little fast there!

*tugs collar*

I thought they were unrelated, and that was the whole deal between the characters! Heh...

And also, No, @Scar

From what I understand of it, Vase-Me and Rose are in an entirely separate room a fair bit away from the others, where you can't get to yet. Then, on top of that, the situation is such to where you can't operate doors that easily, as even the owner of the place can't as of yet. So you can't just run out yet.

I'm not too sure myself either what closet Smokey just went to, if that closet happened to be in the same hallway we were talking in just now. 

And the Picture that is Me Also, is the closest section of me for you to interact with and each fragment of myself is unaware of the other parts of me. And the picture can't currently see enough through the picture to tell that it is a framed Picture. Though I did drop the granting of power as a line to you that you might be interested in on going on, so you could have something to plot internally while you look for a chance to escape.

I'm rather befuddled myself as to sequence of events as well.

@Widdershins

I put it as a pretty big part of Rose that she wanted Smokey for herself, and have played it since the start. Hence why she were so cold towards Phoenix. :) To Smokey, she's just his cousin though.

What can I say, I like some awkwardness and family. This here gave me the chance to combine it. :D

As for the brittle bone thing, way I see it, there's theories that also fits about it being hollow bones, since too heavy ones means that you couldn't fly. It's been used to explain how Scootalloo can't fly for example, as she have too much Earth Pony DNA, and it have deprived her off the hollow bones needed to fly, yet made her resilient to physical damage, and made her stronger.

Both theories could work really, so can we say that it varies depending on the area and individual? :)

@Scar

Widders is right. For a start, Rose is about twenty meters away from them, and just now headed in their direction. Second off, as have been established, Widders energy is preventing magic from being cast successfully. That explosion thing will likely result in your chatacter turning into a duck or the like. :) Consequences in actions right now.

And third, said magic also means that none can leave the house. Like it ro not, the thief is stuck there too, until Widders parts have been reassembled. :)

@Scar

Basically, we're all trapped because Widdershins have gone active, and his spirit is spread all around the house. Trust me, it is as simple as things can get with him. Widders is... Special. :p

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Scar

Basically, we're all trapped because Widdershins have gone active, and his spirit is spread all around the house. Trust me, it is as simple as things can get with him. Widders is... Special. :p

She is not going to be too happy about that, I warn.

@Scar & @Blitz Boom

Oh, and bee-tea-dubs:

I never intoned that a failure of success would mean negative consequences!~

Haywire does not equate bad!

Oh, and I'm playing low right now. To whit, trapped to where I can't see out or act directly myself. Split into separate entities until heaped at each other. Would like to tempt Cali with magical power; she hoards magical artifacts & I happen to be one currently, eh?

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

@Scar & @Blitz Boom

Oh, and bee-tea-dubs:

I never intoned that a failure of success would mean negative consequences!~

Haywire does not equate bad!

Oh, and I'm playing low right now. To whit, trapped to where I can't see out or act directly myself. Split into separate entities until heaped at each other. Would like to tempt Cali with magical power; she hoards magical artifacts & I happen to be one currently, eh?

How so, tell me more.

• Brohoof 1

@Scar 

Well, what I initially envisioned for @Blitz Boom's Smokey was something like, him going "Oh, It's dark in this hallway, let me provide a small, innocuous light to see what just went on." Then have the spell ramp up in a tingly, invigorating surge to aid in healing that fatigue that was mentioned and instead just lazer beam a hole through the roof! Mechanics of things do a lot more than just fizzle or break, which I had hoped to show in your mere spell repetition. 

And no, now that you know that, I surely won't have that happen to you should you try that. There's always an unforeseen circumstance, especially in magic!

• Brohoof 1

@Scar @Widdershins

Trust me on this Scar, whatever sort of pattern you think you can see in Widdershins posts or logic, it is as brittle as glass, and can change on a whim. Try and poke at things and see how it goes, but keep in mind that sometimes, it is best to just embrace the insanity. Or you know, sit in a corner and weep uncontrollably. Whatever works. :)

Joking aside, Widders is a good RP'er. Keeps ya on your toes.

• Brohoof 1

@Dji, @Blitz Boom & @Scar

Hey now, I take offense at the implication that I lack logic! I do always try to tie whatever's "random" in to the character its affecting enough that it may play well with their character dynamic. Like giving super strength to somepony who's shy, so they don't really have much excuse now to be submissive.

And then rpers don't take the bait, because I can't spoil it by outright telling them or mind controlling them to do exactly as I pre-envisioned! Gad, it's irritating to not puppeteer all of reality!

Eh. Sometimes I have to wonder if it isn't all that conducive to always play the Catalyst. Playin' the "Hey Look! Deal with THIS now!!" card.

I'm going to have to keep working on it. See if I can't find some way to have friendly disembowelment. 

Friendship is all about naturally & deeply knowing another being. Get a gut feeling for 'em. So, stands to reason you get to know their internal workings by making their Insides their Outsides! Already violated Smokey while he was with a mare and that only brought us closer together!

Edited by Widdershins

Haven't been able to get around to posting here. Currently switching jobs so things are a bit stretched & busy, but I'll see about setting aside time here by the end of the week!

Wanted to ask though. @Scar? If you don't mind me saying, you seem a bit out of character.

You started off with loud blustering and proclamations, swiping everything you ran past, but now you've been hiding for an hour, cowering by a door? I did drop you a line, something for you to attempt to steal, but you've backed off.

Which kind of brings me to my own quandry. @Blitz Boom

Been intentionally playing Widdershins passive as well. While I could have him magic some eyes, I'm going at this from the angle that it was unwilling, forced possession of random objects. And household objects can't see. Was thinking somepony would give the painting a jostle, then I could come around with a creepy description of the painting only then turning around to react & thereby have Widdershins trapped in the painting, but now able to interact.

…  Kinda the trouble with roleplaying when you're a Pacifist! Lol!

But I'll figure something out!

(edited)

@Scar @Widdershins

Smokey is a bit too mentally bashed to have the drive to be anything but a pacifist, but alright, next post I'll be doing something to change up things a bit. :) And by things, I mean that Sorrow is gonna end up stealing the statue and running around like on some sort of sugar rush. I'll figure out a way for that to happen. :)

(edit) Wrote the piece. You'll see soon as the rest is done, but this might work more to what you had hoped. :D

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Widdershins @Scar

Actually, I think Widders is just confused. It's been more around... Ten minutes of skulking,t hen five after getting found out, running and such, then add five more for good measure... Twenty minutes in RP time I'd say.

As for what is happening, Widdershins (the character) is broken apart, and needs to be gathered up again, or his latent magic will prevent us from ever leaving the mansion. Not a big deal right now, since the place is stocked, but eventually supplies will run out and they'll have to eat one another. Cannibalism is months away though, and that's if they don't ration so... We're just trying to get him together before he drives us insane. :)

As for the current situation, Smokey again couldn't sleep, so he have been using uppers to keep himself awake and lucid enough all things considered. Said uppers were in a powdery form, which were then sneezed off, and Sorrow got a full face, which have put her into overdrive. What is left are headed through the air in your direction, so... Your char could end up with an energy boost too, but it does depend on if she wants to/can dodge it, and if so, how much. Up to you there. :)

Remember: Magic will go erratic due to the draconequus energy. A shielding spell might protect her, or turn Grim into cake dough. It's hard to say for sure.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom  

I’m rereading some of my old posts to prevent inconsistencies.  In my search, I came across the contract between Penny and Scarcity on page 219, and I updated it to make more sense and be more profitable for investors.  I also realized serious ways Penny could rip her investors off if she were the type to do so.  She could in theory charge cost for the chocolates for the second month and therefore have a 0% profit margin, thus not owing her investors anything.  We can just say there are additional clauses in the contract to prevent this, but without spelling them all out.

@Seamore Sandwich

Scarcity does not enjoy being played, but she will not react immediately to seeing a small inconsistency with what profits can be made from the chocolates. She have invested long term in what Penny might be able to produce, and will expect a certain degree of time and bits invested before it will eventually turn into a safe, efficient and marketable product. Also, this is not just an investment into what profits can be made from Penny's actual chocolate products, but also to find what the capabilities of said things are, as she have several contacts who could make good use of inconspicuous things such as chocolates, with magical effects that had a variety of uses. Some of those would of course have to be off books and more reserved for this special clientel, but things will come one step at a time. First she will see what Penny can do, and her reliability, then further down the line she will see what her price may be to deal with more... Specialized clientele.

If it doesn't work out, it is no big deal for her. Investments never have a guarantee to work out the way you hope after all.

@Demencia

Seems fine to me. Approved. :)

As your character seems to have fascination with the royal guards, I have some OC's among the three branches of guards we have in this RP you may wish to interact with. That being Solar (Celestia's) Night (Luna's) and Coastal (No specific princess affiliation).

(Solar)

cPIxACZ.png

Captain Hailstorm. Have some issues with being a little high and mighty sometimes, and takes his job incredibly serious, but he's overall a nice stallion. His armor is lined with faux fur since he's born and raised from a rather hot area of Equestria, before moving to Canterlot, and outside of high summer, he tends to feel cold. We're currently in early autumn in RP time, so he's suited up a little to feel comfy.

(Night)

xxr7FSV.png

Stargazer. Recent resident of Ponyville, directed there on the orders of Princess Luna to help out in the area, due to Twilight not having an official guard branch of her own, and wanting somepony she could trust to be there, just in case. He's very set on helping others, and though he's a big, beefy bat pony, he prefers to talk out things rather than start off going for a physical confrontation. Used to be a criminal in his younger days, but the guard gave him a chance, and he spent the last twenty five years honoring that. His daughter recently moved to town as well by surprise, and he's trying his best to take care of her too, among all the other things going on.

(Coastal)

CDu2NS2.png

Amazon Lily. She's on medical leave after a run in with a draconequus (another OC of mine) caused her to have to go through a large amount of surgeries and physical therapy to get herself patched up properly again. The general thought it best to give her some time off to heal, so she's been travelling around Equestria, and lending a hoof where she can. Currently she's around Ponyville.

==========================================================

If need be, I can also introduce you to some of the in RP generals we have here. Just in case.

H3k5N2I.png

General Midnight Screecher of the Night Guard.

RtRZ5cs.png

Former/current general of the Solar Guards, Morning Dew. (depends on if @FanOfManyShows returns at some point)

pL2QDWu.png

And my favorite, General Tidal Wave of the Coastal Guards.

@Demencia

To narrow it down a bit further, what is your characters stance on fighting and being passive? In this RP at least, Solar ones tends to be more of the passive guards you see in the show, standing around and being on the ready in case something does happen for once. Hence, not a task for one who gets easily bored.

The Coastal ones on the other hoof, are active around the bays and beaches of Equestria, protecting against anything sea related, and helping out with everything from fishers getting into trouble, to tourists getting caught by streams, or poachers who try to fish for endangered species. And that's not even mentioning the general things that needs to be done in the towns near the oceans. Basically, it's a far more active force, but generally looked down upon by certain parts of the other guards, since they are not princess affiliated, and can be seen as lesser by some because of it. They're not really, it just serves them better to be neutral on the matter and leave the capitol stuff for the other two branches, unless called in for backup or meetings.

Also, the main seat of power for the Coastal Guards are called Shark Bay. Nor surprisingly, there's a lot of sharks there, both wild and those they tame to use as their partners. It's not required to get yourself in respect with/raise one on your own, but it is encouraged, along with the popular tourist attraction of shark wrestling. Gotta bring in the tourist money from them big city folks somehow. :) Though again, neither are mandatory.

As you can see, I have far more liberty with the Coastal ones, as they are my own creation, rather than building off the ones canon in the show, but I'm flexible and try to accommodate what the RP'er in question would prefer. :)