Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Demencia

Alright, if he's goofy, I honestly think that it'd be best if I had Tidal Wave take a trip around the area. She's the most laid back one of them all  and enjoys some goofy fun, along with showing off. Comes with her job.

I can explain it easily as she were at a meeting in Canterlot with the others, and hadn't had the chance to see Twilight's castle yet, so she'd figure she'd leave her second in command to deal with things back home for a bit and go check out things.

Stargazer would roll his eyes at the antics and try to get back to work, Hailstorm would lecture Thunder on things if he ever wanted to be a guard, and Amazon would be a little overbearing. Any of them would likely clash more than compliment your character, so best to pull out the bug guns.

Would you like to begin, or should I make the setting first?

And @Blitz Boom

Mehh. Most of my characters are kinda bad XD

My most recent ponysona thing though is at least decent

She’s like, what, my fifth ponysona? XD If I stick with her design I’ll probably throw a party

D748C485-C96A-464B-98DE-CC39D31D7845.thumb.png.9a10a6b86f1ff1368a18ee1838a7dbfe.png

This is Eventide Melody (female, she/her).

She’s just an ordinary unicorn, so if anything looks non-ordinary then it’s probably just something that I added to my style.

She likes to sing, draw, and write. Her talent includes those three (I’m not entirely sure about writing yet, as I don’t really know how to judge my own writing) and general magic. I want to give her a unique spell that affects the mind of a specific target, but I’m not sure what to give her yet.

Her age is roughly 14-15, although she is a bit short amongst her peers.

A few notes . . .

• The mark on her left cheek glows when using magic in the color of said magic and at half of its strength; the stronger the use of magic, the stronger it glows.
  • Speaking of her magic, it’s the bright bluish green on her cutie mark.
  • She is quite emotional and nostalgic, but mostly keeps it to herself.
  • Due to her color palette, she stands out in crowds more than the full moon in a cloudless sky. Most of the time she couldn’t care less, however.
  • Her accessories include a hairband (maneband?) on her front right leg and her necklace (both shown in the drawing). The heart on the necklace reminded her of cloudy mornings and evenings with skies that seemed to glow against the silhouettes on land, so she got it and wears it often.
  • Her mane has a split in it due to going around her right ear.
  • Oh yeah, she lives in Ponyville.
  • I think a notable point in her life would be when she visited Canterlot for the first time. After night fell, she was able to see the entire glory of Luna’s night sky, and feels like she could have stared at it forever and ever c: 
  • She prefers dimmer areas (the sun is so bright tbh) and would rather deal with cold environments rather than hot ones.

I think that about sums it up.

Maybe I’ll add some of her friends if I can properly design them :/

@Galaxical Phoenix

Hey, I'm sorry for no response so far, but today were hectic. Hopefully I can properly review things tomorrow. At a glance though, it seems fine, and I have some suggestions about the mind control. We'll get this sorted soon. :)

Again, apologies for the delay.

@Galaxical Phoenix

Gosh darn it a day. -,-' Alright then, let's get ya sorted mate.

Point by point below, let's go for it.

1. The mark seems like a cool idea. Run with it. :)

2. It's a pretty cutie mark. Wondered what it meant.

3... Okay, I got bored with this idea. Let's take broad strokes here instead.

Her emotional state is a good thing. It adds depth to have something not visibly shown about your character. And speaking about shown, I will agree that she is rather unique looking, and would stand out. I think it's good that you acknowledge that in your summary. There's a lot of good depth here actually. Emotions, behavior, preferences, all the good stuff that really makes for an interesting character. And there's a ton of details to the very well made picture up there too. Seriously, this is top end stuff. :D

Definitely still approved far as I am concerned. And I am the one in charge here, so that means you're in. :P

Anyway, the mind altering thing I mentioned. It will sort of depend sort of what kind of thing you're after, be it full on control, altering memories, or just behavioral. Regardless, you do have an in on how to make said spell work, and you set it up in her specialties: Writing, drawing, and singing.

My suggestion via those is that she is able to create magical text and drawings that have messages or full on mind control spells weaved into the ink/paint. When observed for long enough, it will start to have an effect depending on the strength of the mind it is attempting to influence. The stronger the mind, the longer time, or total immunity will have to be considered. Any weakened minds by being conflicted, sad, or just generally feeble, will then coincidentally be swayed faster.

As for singing, it is more a siren thing to be able to sway others by that, so you could have it be that her singing would incite a different reaction. Potentially she would have the option of focusing her songs on causing unrest in the minds of others for example? Instead of the mind control of the sirens, her tunes could be having an unnerving effect, or make the ones the tunes directed towards (not a siren, so likely better to have it limited to currently a target at a time, to keep it focused) more skittish or nervous, which would help her paintings and writing have a higher chance of success, or faster infection? Of course, it is up to you if she could also be using said magic tune to ease the mind of others, but you could potentially have some fun with the notion that she could only cause negative effects on others mental stability by singing, and it happened whenever she sagn, regardless of what she wanted. She would just be able to direct what kind of effect it were going to be.

Of course, that last bit were just a suggestion. As is all of this, but is it something like that you had in mind? If so, she may need a saddlebag of pens and brushes on her, so she's able to make something on the fly. :)

26 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Her emotional state is a good thing. It adds depth to have something not visibly shown about your character. And speaking about shown, I will agree that she is rather unique looking, and would stand out. I think it's good that you acknowledge that in your summary. There's a lot of good depth here actually. Emotions, behavior, preferences, all the good stuff that really makes for an interesting character. And there's a ton of details to the very well made picture up there too. Seriously, this is top end stuff. :D

Why thank you! :twismile:

I mean, she IS based off of me, but I’m still very glad that she’s overall well done.

Alright I really really want to explain the cutie mark and mind-spell-thing idea but that would take forever SO

I’ll give you the short version

According to The Extended Zodiac, I am mind-bound, and according to one fan post I feel like my personally most closely matches that of a Witch of Mind. When a SBurb/SGlub player godtiers to Witch of Mind (this is the point that you actually need to know) they would theoretically be able to ‘change mind or change through mind.’ However, mind control of that degree is really powerful - mind control in general is pretty powerful.

And thus -

30 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Anyway, the mind altering thing I mentioned. It will sort of depend sort of what kind of thing you're after, be it full on control, altering memories, or just behavioral. Regardless, you do have an in on how to make said spell work, and you set it up in her specialties: Writing, drawing, and singing.

I didn’t really think of what mind-related power I wanted to give her so I haven’t yet formed any ideas, but I love yours.

Another option, which I just came up with, would be if her singing affected the minds of others depending on the song - happy song makes people happy, etc. It would be really inconvenient, though, since she (and myself) sings very often to herself, or if she happens to have an edgy song stuck in her head that makes everyone depressed :yeahno: 

So . . . Probably not that one XD

Since I love your suggestions I’m going to pull those in for a minute

She wouldn’t be the type of pony to purposefully impact ponies in a negative way, and it would probably be pretty sad if she accidentally affected ponies just by doing what she loved. It feels like more of a villain . . . thing . . .

:dash:

*ahem* ANYWAY, my new and improved idea with your super cool suggestions is this:

What if she could cast a certain spell - if she directed it at a certain artwork, the emotions or message in that artwork would influence ponies, especially the weak minded as you explained, and if she didn’t it would affect her voice so that for the next song she sang, the emotions or message in the lyrics and rhythm would influence ponies in a similar manner?

If that makes any sense.

And of course she could carry around her wonderful drawing materials. Her excuse? You never know when inspiration will strike . . . huehuehue.

I wonder if there’s a forum where I can consult you everypony for OC ideas / OC power ideas . . . it would just be helpful to have, especially since I need to design Eventide Melody’s brothers (and friends)

@Galaxical Phoenix

Having the characters based off you ain't a bad thing. Means that you know how to wrangle it. :)

4 hours ago, Galaxical Phoenix said:

*ahem* ANYWAY, my new and improved idea with your super cool suggestions is this:

What if she could cast a certain spell - if she directed it at a certain artwork, the emotions or message in that artwork would influence ponies, especially the weak minded as you explained, and if she didn’t it would affect her voice so that for the next song she sang, the emotions or message in the lyrics and rhythm would influence ponies in a similar manner?

If that makes any sense.

And of course she could carry around her wonderful drawing materials. Her excuse? You never know when inspiration will strike . . . huehuehue.

I see no issue with this, long as it doesn't go in and just flat out controls everyone's OC's. But it looks like you're actively thinking on this sort of thing, so I ain't feeling too worried about it right now. The approved mark still stands, and I think we should try and talk on how to get her into the RP, unless you wish to discuss some details further before that.

Which reminds me, quick advice: When your spell in some fashion affects another, try and formulate things less like *They were instantly enthralled* and more towards *They should feel their mind swayed, as the spell intended*. Words like Should, Would, and Could, helps cover your rear against what might be perceived as a simple take over of their characters actions and thoughts. It implies what Should happen, without explicitly saying that it Must. Hope that makes some sorta sense. :)

And just a small notice while I remember i, who's to say that she were a villain for affecting others in a negative way? She seems emotional, and vindictive or vengeful is an emotion. She could simply want to say, humiliate someone who had acted poorly towards her, or whom she perceived to be a bad being that had it coming. Or you know, to have the upper hoof/sway things in her favor, which isn't villanus as much as simply looking out for #1. :)

Anyway, what sort of character would you wish for her to join up with? I have like, twenty currently, and while some are of course bound to others right now, there's still a good chunk to work with. Like... I have a sixteen year old colt called Cover Up who uses his magic - along with a large paint brush - to paint tattoos on others, paint surfaces, or to drain the added color from a surface. Such as previous tattoos, ink spills, black paint, etc. He's currently limited to only interact with inky dark colors, since I wanted him to have some room to grow, but things will change as they go along likely.

He might fit well here, as he's sorta feeble minded as he's rather nervous around others mostly (he comes from a pretty isolated town that got destroyed, so he's not too comfortable out in the great open yet) and he also sticks out like a sore thumb, since he covers himself in a large array of a swirly pattern tattoos to cover up the large amount of scars he's got. Turns out having a building fall on you can get nasty.

Anyway, my point being that A: They might have some things loosely in common to talk about, and B: He's easy to affect usually, which depending on what Eventide seeks, could make him a target for some manipulation in her own favor, or someone she figures could use a hoof calming down, to mention a few examples.

He have faded-yellow parchment covered coating, with a white mane and tail, both pound at the end, where he have then painted it black to make it appear as if they are the heads of paint brushes. I don't have a proper picture of him, but I do have one of the one I have that affects minds, which is this one:

2uHij2p.jpg

eqXLHnw.png

(reformed changeling form on top, disguised pony form bottom)

Recently reformed changeling queen Onache, *lovingly* known throughout her life as The Slaver Queen. She's a fun sort, she entices other creatures with mind altering magic and can affect their state of mind and memories. It's what gave her her title, as she preferred to get the ponies and such she used as prey to be twisted into thinking they were willingly serving her, while she actually used them as manual labor and food until they, y'know, couldn't anymore. It helped squelch any sort of rebellious behavior.

She have gotten through the process and have gotten reformed less than a half day ago in RP time, and are still struggling with concepts such as ponies being equals and not just food, how to behave, etc. If you're looking to have some sort of help improving Eventide's mind altering process (which could likely be improved over time, as she trained and got naturally more powerful throughout the years) this wouldn't be the worst one to run into. Ad wadda ya know, she's in the Everfree Forest, in a semi-small area that have been turned into a desert.

It's uhm... A long story, but another player used a sphinx for a time and one thing lead to another, so... Yeah, desert area within, which were then given to Onache after her reformation. She's a natural desert dweller anyway, so it fits her. And it would have been pretty easy to see the process of said desert happening from Ponyville, as it did include a large, sandy tornado that reached above the trees.

Anyway, to not make this much longer, these are some suggestions I have. It is of course up to you if you wish to interact with any of them, though if not, lemme know, and I'll see what else I have to work with. Some pointers on personality types at that point you'd like to interact with would help narrow the field. :)

22 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Which reminds me, quick advice: When your spell in some fashion affects another, try and formulate things less like *They were instantly enthralled* and more towards *They should feel their mind swayed, as the spell intended*. Words like Should, Would, and Could, helps cover your rear against what might be perceived as a simple take over of their characters actions and thoughts. It implies what Should happen, without explicitly saying that it Must.

Oh yes, it’s basic roleplay etiquette. I read up on it here to make sure my common sense was properly in place: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20043024368

Everything your character does that directly affects another character (especially when RPing a battle) is an attempt  :proud:

And just a small notice while I remember i, who's to say that she were a villain for affecting others in a negative way? She seems emotional, and vindictive or vengeful is an emotion. She could simply want to say, humiliate someone who had acted poorly towards her, or whom she perceived to be a bad being that had it coming. Or you know, to have the upper hoof/sway things in her favor, which isn't villanus as much as simply looking out for #1. :)

Huehuehue

Okay

I’m going to tell a little story

A small one, I swear :adorkable:

“Once upon a time, I was me.” (Reference #1)

Past me (reference #2), to be exact.

Back then I had a . . . friendship problem, and was not part of this community in time to ask everypony for friendship wisdom. Thus, it was resolved very slowly. I spent almost three seasons all alone.

Oh cod this was supposed to be a bit humorous but it’s getting emotional so I’ll get to the point :blink:

If I reflect that onto my character and then poke up her emotional level a bit above mine . . . she might just wind up villain material.

AnD tHuS iT tRuLy BeGiNs.

But not yet.

He might fit well here, as he's sorta feeble minded as he's rather nervous around others mostly (he comes from a pretty isolated town that got destroyed, so he's not too comfortable out in the great open yet) and he also sticks out like a sore thumb, since he covers himself in a large array of a swirly pattern tattoos to cover up the large amount of scars he's got.

I hAVE a pLAN. :muffins:

Sometime after Eventide’s emotional conflict (she won’t be revenge-bent by this time, but still getting mad), one winds up seeing the other somewhere and is like gASP sOMEONE eLSE tHAT lOOKS sTRANGE and is like wAIT wE sHOULD bE sAD cHILDREN tOGETHER

Not in a weird way though :wacko:

“Don’t be weird”

. . . I have NO self control

Anyway they may or may not wind up talking awkwardly and later just hitting the fEELS

And thus it begins with the two awkward children

And others like Onache can come in as appropriate

I dunno just throwing that out there totally not because I need to do that more often eheheh

@Galaxical Phoenix

Then we'll start off with Cover Up, and then if you end up a villain, you could do worse than to seek out one who historically were not even liked among other changelings, as her methods were seen as a bit too far for most. :)

Would you like to make the first post, or should I make the setting tomorrow, when I'm set to write again?

@Blitz Boom

It has been a while and feels a bit too long of a wait to only give you only this but I don't have too much motivation nor interest to continue it unfortunately, Sorry about that, that and life finally caught up and I'm worried this will be too much work to continue, and I keep forgetting to post so frequently I might as well and yeah I'd like to continue the story to the end but it feels like it's just being dragged on too (by me mostly), so I'm just saying this so I don't just silently leave the rp.

Hopefully you didn't have too much intended for it that's going to go to waste without me, if there is I'd love to hear it anyway. 

Edit: did Dji change their name? I would've mentioned them here but I wasn't able to.

Edited by FanOfManyShows

On 8/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Back then I had a . . . friendship problem, and was not part of this community in time to ask everypony for friendship wisdom. Thus, it was resolved very slowly. I spent almost three seasons all alone.

…

I too, have also had a "Friendship Problem." It too, was resolved slowly. Slower even.

Years, decades, I have spent floating in an endless mire, silent save for my own mindless chatter. Lost, abandoned, entrenched and drenched  of my own void, rife with a self-perpetuated darkness. Dear... if that was all it took to be a villain... what then happens when the villain meets the Mad God?

Ahem, my apologies. That was a bit of the draconequus in me coming out.

Oh cod this was supposed to be a bit humorous but it’s getting emotional so I’ll get to the point 

Le Gaspo!! I thought only I cursed with fish!!

. . I have NO self control

I adore this being. I want them. Give them to me.

… as sacrifice, if possible. Friend Sacrifice.

And that would be my actual Draconequus coming out.

SuperSpecialSparklyFriendFunTime! Wheeeeeeee!! ...Sparklesplosion! 

Edited by Widdershins

@Blitz Boom

Nobeing expects the Pancish Exped- CRASH!!  ...Halibut! The wall destruction was supposed to happen BEFORE the reference!

...was that approval to butt-in? Sounded like it. I've worked on far less to set fire to things.

And do let me know if I need to curb him. My point to Widders is that he's phenomenal cosmic power with a 10% accuracy. His character theme shouldn't be to just do whatever he wants, that's Discords thing, its to have fun with what he can summon up!

I'm working on a Projectile Bear Weapon. The issue is in getting enough agreeable bears for ammunition. I've tried slathering myself in honey, but that didn't pan-cake out. Which, of course, means I'll have to try slathering others in honey...   ...you ever get that feeling that your mental train of thought isn't all that healthy? Good thing it wears off quickly.

Edited by Widdershins

And, uhm, @Catpone Cerberus?

I like the more lowkey, playdate thing we're doing, but.... I've run out of ideas. I don't usually go this long without blowing something up or attempting to bite somepony's head off. And I... feel like that'd be mean to a kitty like you! I dunno what to do next, honestly.

Maybe say something else again between you & I, and we'll see what goes from there? H-heh, pass my turn, so to say?

2 hours ago, Widdershins said:

And, uhm, @Catpone Cerberus?

I like the more lowkey, playdate thing we're doing, but.... I've run out of ideas. I don't usually go this long without blowing something up or attempting to bite somepony's head off. And I... feel like that'd be mean to a kitty like you! I dunno what to do next, honestly.

Maybe say something else again between you & I, and we'll see what goes from there? H-heh, pass my turn, so to say?

well, I don't really have that many ideas either :mlp_please: My roleplaying is build pretty heavily around me reacting to things, I'm not really that good with coming up with things, until the previous post gives me ideas, which a comment about catnip sounding like a drug doesn't really do :lie:

I have no problem with something happening though, Cerberus is kinda like my "messing around character" so it doesn't really matter to me what happens, as long as it doesn't harm him. 

13 hours ago, Widdershins said:

I too, have also had a "Friendship Problem." It too, was resolved slowly. Slower even.

Years, decades, I have spent floating in an endless mire, silent save for my own mindless chatter. Lost, abandoned, entrenched and drenched  of my own void, rife with a self-perpetuated darkness. Dear... if that was all it took to be a villain... what then happens when the villain meets the Mad God?

Ahem, my apologies. That was a bit of the draconequus in me coming out.

. . . We should be edgy children together sometime

B u t  n o t  i n  a  w e i r d  w a y

Le Gaspo!! I thought only I cursed with fish!!

Oh, dolphinately not. I tend to use ocean puns / cursing substitutes, porpoisefully or not, because as a rightful Aquara and violetblood on Alternia, I am a seadweller.

I adore this being. I want them. Give them to me.

… as sacrifice, if possible. Friend Sacrifice.

And that would be my actual Draconequus coming out.

SuperSpecialSparklyFriendFunTime! Wheeeeeeee!! ...Sparklesplosion!

This is . . . good news?

I’ll just take it as a compliment thx baiiiiiiii

13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I'll start off a post, just uhm... Don't be surprised if Widdershins jumps in at some point. He's like the Spanish Inquisition, but with weirdness and pancakes. He cannot be contained. O.o

That’s fin(e), I’m good with that

@FanOfManyShows

Sorry to read that, but I can't say I am surprised. You did seem to be a bit disinterested a few times. Don't worry though, I can sort things out in the canon here from this point if need be, and if you ever get the urge to return, you know where to find us. :) I'll get you incorporated again without a hitch.

There's a few things I might complete off script in case I need to use some details elsewhere, such as having Dew take over his old job again after an unfortunate accident that left Iron unable to take the reigns (at least for the foreseeable future) and get Chow placed in Canterlot properly in case I need him for something, but I'll cover that if need be another time.

I wish you the best of luck onwards for the time being mate. Take care, and hope to see you around again some day. :D