Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Rainbows2424

I'd ask that you please read what I write when you are responding to things. I do not mean offense, but I made it very clear in my last post that Shell is currently not looking at either of them, but are looking around, as Thunder and Shell seemed to be more focused on one another.

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Rainbows2424

I'd ask that you please read what I write when you are responding to things. I do not mean offense, but I made it very clear in my last post that Shell is currently not looking at either of them, but are looking around, as Thunder and Shell seemed to be more focused on one another.

Umm, who is “either of them”, besides Azure?

@Rainbows2424

No, Thunder and Azure were talking with one another, Shell felt ignored and started to look around. Thunder have also not mentioned looking at her, but only mentioned her. The RP posts in question makes it fairly obvious.

Edited by Blitz Boom

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Rainbows2424

No, Thunder and Azure were talking with one another, Shell felt ignored and started to look around. Thunder have also not mentioned looking at her, but only mentioned her. The RP posts in question makes it fairly obvious.

Okay, well, how do I turn that into a reply? Thunder only mentioned it would be polite if Azure would greet Shell as well.

@Rainbows2424

Normally, the way I go about it would be something like this: (Keep in mind, this is off the top of my head)

===============================================================================

As Azure were made aware of the mare whom she had somehow managed to not take notice off - perhaps her fascination with the stallion had been greater than she thought - she would glance towards Shell, yet notice that she did not seem all that bothered. In fact, the wrapped up mummy guard, had seemingly started to look around, and her eye had fallen on a pegasus slowly passing by on a moving cloud, taking a nap. Something which seemed to fascinate her greatly, yet were a simple, every day occurrence here in Cloudsdale. Obviously a tourist.

"Ergh yes, hello there, mademoiselle."

It weren't much, yet her interest were in Thunder anyway, so really, were it that bad that she only did this, before returning to gaze into his big eyes? Seemed fine enough in her eyes, and the tourist were looking at other things anyway. It would be fine.

===============================================================================

That however, is more of a descriptive style, which is what sort I go with. Your style may well be different, though I do find that padding is easy if you make use of internal dialogue, as well as descriptions of what happens around you. A bit cheaty, but hey, worked for me so far. :P

I figure we just have things as they are now (working on replies now) and we try to sort things out as we move along. If you keep mostly focus on Thunder, then that's a-okay too. My characters should be less of a main focus, and more of a... Tool, per se. Something to push things along. :)

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Sorry for the delay, but due to the site issues the past few days, I couldn't get the post through until now. Here's hoping the issues are fixed now. :)

Hey, I had the same problem as you! At first, I thought it was just my place's slow connection, or my device wasn't able to connect. Also, I think there's a problem with your most recent reply. I wrote in my last reply that Azure was talking to Thunder, but in your reply, Azure seemed to be talking to Shell.

@Rainbows2424

No, the post is correct. While Azure spoke to Thunder, no where did it mention that she where whispering, hence it should be possible to hear from one nearby, as Shell are. Seeing as the talk of the cold concerned her, she decided to butt in and explain herself. :) Since Thunder does not know her well, as they have barely met, she figured that she were best off explaining it herself, rather than rely on him guessing.

I think there’s another problem in your post. Shell said: “Heh, that's okay. I have another friend who's mom asked that the first time she met me too. I think mothers just really want their foals to get somepony nice in their lives.” but Azure only said Yep, Shell definitely seems to be taking in the sights, she probably had never come to Cloudsdale before.” She didn’t mention anything about mother’s wanting their goals to get somepony nice in their life.

Edited by Rainbows2424

Have I mentioned I currently have two kittens now too? Got one in my lap right now as I type this!

Dunno where the notion that cats were calm, aloof & distant. Sure, they're calmer than dogs, but they really do fit more along the lines of "High-Strung!"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...