Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

37 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Could be another dragon looking for a target during the party, and they focus at the same one? I could craft one up pretty easily, but I'd need some pointers on what would draw Ruby in. What sort of personality or look are we talking?

That works.
Something similar to Ruby herself but more friendly (but sassy). She would have to agree on big things with her since as you probably have noticed, she isn't really  one to change her mind on things. She also would need to be relatively fearless, but not in arrogant way (I can explain if you don't understand what I mean.) Not really too different from what Snuzzle was(based on the short interaction), just with the knowledge that Ruby is what she is.

Does that make sense? I'm bit distracted by other things atm so my line of thought isn't perfect.

@Catpone Cerberus

I think I get it. Let me try a snippet of dialogue here, and see if that fits what you had in mind.

======================================================

"Heeey, there's a sight for sore eyes. Come on over my scaled friend, there's room enough to work with. Can I pour you a cup?"

Snuzzle grinned widely at the dragoness, raising up the bottle of *relaxant* that she had been chugging now and again herself. Surely this one wouldn't mind having a drink with her, eh? Even if they were opposing elements, this here were neutral ground. And just lookit that, she were coming over alright. This were gonna be great.

The barkeep poured a cup of the silvery liquid and pushed it towards the newcomer, yet the one in question didn't even give it a slight glance. She just went right past, got up close so that Snuzzle couldn't avoid seeing her, and very slowly - as if she were speaking to a child - would say: "Let me put this in a way that even your dulled mind should get: I am an adult -"

She'd then push the drink back towards the barkeep with the tip of her webbed claw, whilst not breaking eye contact for as much as a blink.

"- I don't need a bottle."

With that, she'd turn and ignore Snuzzle from that point forth, having made her point clear about thinking that this drink of hers were something that only a child who couldn't control themselves when they had to, were going to need.

===============================================================================

Something along those lines? Bit of an attitude, not going straight in to punch someone as the first option, and the sort who doesn't take kindly to foolishness like this, much like with Ruby, far as I recall.

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus

I think I get it. Let me try a snippet of dialogue here, and see if that fits what you had in mind.

======================================================

"Heeey, there's a sight for sore eyes. Come on over my scaled friend, there's room enough to work with. Can I pour you a cup?"

Snuzzle grinned widely at the dragoness, raising up the bottle of *relaxant* that she had been chugging now and again herself. Surely this one wouldn't mind having a drink with her, eh? Even if they were opposing elements, this here were neutral ground. And just lookit that, she were coming over alright. This were gonna be great.

The barkeep poured a cup of the silvery liquid and pushed it towards the newcomer, yet the one in question didn't even give it a slight glance. She just went right past, got up close so that Snuzzle couldn't avoid seeing her, and very slowly - as if she were speaking to a child - would say: "Let me put this in a way that even your dulled mind should get: I am an adult -"

She'd then push the drink back towards the barkeep with the tip of her webbed claw, whilst not breaking eye contact for as much as a blink.

"- I don't need a bottle."

With that, she'd turn and ignore Snuzzle from that point forth, having made her point clear about thinking that this drink of hers were something that only a child who couldn't control themselves when they had to, were going to need.

===============================================================================

Something along those lines? Bit of an attitude, not going straight in to punch someone as the first option, and the sort who doesn't take kindly to foolishness like this, much like with Ruby, far as I recall.

(poor Snuzzle)

Something along the lines yes, that would get Ruby's attention enough for her to acknowledge it, but the wording is such that she sounds like arrogant school bully, so though that would be a good first introduction example, wording could be a bit different. (it may be the use of  words child and adult that give me that feeling, because saying "I'm more adult than you" feels childish.)

i don't really know how to word it, but for reference, in same situation, ruby would probably say something like "I don't care for such things." and if she would feel the need to mention her superiority, it would be something like "Drinking is for weak minded."  It of course is good she's different to Ruby, as it would be quite boring just have a clone of her, but school-bully talk doesn't really fit. 

One way to say it I think is, less like a school-bully and more like a rich guy talking to peasants style.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Let me try an edit then.

18 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

The barkeep poured a cup of the silvery liquid and pushed it towards the newcomer, yet the one in question didn't even give it a slight glance. She just went right past, got up close so that Snuzzle couldn't avoid seeing her, and in a low tone - as to avoid others snooping in on their conversation - would say: "I can smell what's in this from across the room, and neither I -"

"- nor you, need this. We're better than that."

With that - and a brief look of worry towards the unfazed wind dragon - the newcomer would turn around and scout out the room to see what were to be dealt with tonight. Whilst she had love for her own kind, and worried when she saw them do things like this, these lesser races were but prey, and she needed to seek out the one lacking behind, easy to snatch away.

Not to feast on them of course. She were a dragon of the Dragon Isle's after all, and their laws strictly forbade eating ponies. No, her target were more towards valuables, though raw coin were rarely her tender of choice. No, she preferred personal items, so that she might feel she took something important, that they should feel ashamed to lose. What was a few bits to one of these? Nothing. But a ring, lost because they thought of straying from the path, or gamble a symbol of some significance away? Now, that held a value beyond mere bits, and she reveled in knowing her collection had a touch of personality to it.

Tried another angle here. She hunts for things too, have an attitude and a point in being a bit blunt, but are less of a bully, and are actually worried about Snuzzle, as she sees this mind dulling the barkeep takes part in as toning herself down for the sake of fitting in among others, which their kind shouldn't be doing.

Something like this is better? :)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Let me try an edit then.

Tried another angle here. She hunts for things too, have an attitude and a point in being a bit blunt, but are less of a bully, and are actually worried about Snuzzle, as she sees this mind dulling the barkeep takes part in as toning herself down for the sake of fitting in among others, which their kind shouldn't be doing.

Something like this is better? :)

Already better, and i actually like the idea of her having compassion towards her own kind, since that's the one thing that Ruby have not had during her life, so someone actually caring about her could have interesting results, sure she will find that pathetic at first, but that's where the bluntness comes in as I take it she wouldn't back away too easily, and her not caring about "lesser being" is of course a plus. (the compassion also gives a realistic reason why she would tolerate Ruby at all :P )

Also, since she collects personal items and Ruby is after shinies, the competition won't come into way either. 

i'd say that works :) 

Only question left is how Ruby would be revealed to her, would she just figure it out like Marley did, or would it be something else? (this of course doesn't need to happen right away and can take place later so if there's no ideas for it right now, that's not a problem.)

edit- one potential would be if she tried to take something from Ruby or otherwise angered her enough to for Ruby to show her eyes. (could happens since she would think she's just a pony)

Was gonna say too, forgot if I done brought this up already, but @Catpone Cerberus?

I notice you say alot of picking and choosing what to respond to with my draconequus. Have to wonder if I'm losing you in my being overly descriptive and shtick-y. Like, there's alot there that's conversational fluff, but still tied to what's going on. Because that's the thing, both me, and the character i'm playing are both overacting and I have to worry if I'm losing you? Haven't caught up on responses yet, but we been goading you into a hunt for finding some Parasprites!

That's another thing too I worry about, I'm rather long-winded & wordy and that's also a habit of my characters too in a way I use to parody myself. So I dunno if alot of my words work if i'm rping with somebeing who isn't a native english speaker. Think @Blitz Boom has english second too? I been too wordy to either of you?

Oh, and still waiting on @Pinkfire who hasn't been around in a while since work troubles. I hope she's doing okay! Getting worried there too!

... yeah, having health & job issues myself. Worry is skin deep here too.

14 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Was gonna say too, forgot if I done brought this up already, but @Catpone Cerberus?

I notice you say alot of picking and choosing what to respond to with my draconequus. Have to wonder if I'm losing you in my being overly descriptive and shtick-y. Like, there's alot there that's conversational fluff, but still tied to what's going on. Because that's the thing, both me, and the character i'm playing are both overacting and I have to worry if I'm losing you? Haven't caught up on responses yet, but we been goading you into a hunt for finding some Parasprites!

That's another thing too I worry about, I'm rather long-winded & wordy and that's also a habit of my characters too in a way I use to parody myself. So I dunno if alot of my words work if i'm rping with somebeing who isn't a native english speaker.

I'd say the main problem for me is that though your replies have lot of words, there isn't any hooks. I'm reactive player, as in, I react to things in my responses, so if your post it just things that can't be commented on without it feeling forced, I have hard time coming up with a response.

You'll see this with my responses in my other RPs too, sometimes the other poster makes a quite a long post, and I respond with something that barely goes over the character limit, because most of the response is something that either my character is already commented on, and doesn't wish to repeat themselves, or something that I really can't react to other than maybe acknowledge it (this is best visible with how often I write something like "X nodded to Y's points on these things, and only responded to this "response"") (Also the times when I write "decided not to comment" or something similar, are moments when I just can't come up with a fitting response that would feel natural.)

The language thing mostly affects certain words for me, I understand English quite well, but I have trouble remembering even simple words, though that is only a problem if I can't find the meaning of word with quick google search. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

I'll add this one in tomorrows post then. :)

As for how she'd find out, I'd say the easiest route is the best: That necklace that Ruby's so fond off? Sure looks like a nice personal item to have. A real shame if say, someone were to try and lure that away from her, it opened up, and the truth were revealed, even if briefly. :3

===========================================================================

@Pastel-chan

Looks good. Can't wait to see where this is going to go. :D

======================================================================

@Widdershins

I'm not a native English speaker no, but I use most of my time communicating in English due to forum RP's, and games like WoW, so English comes fairly easy to me (except for punctuation. That messes up at times). Fire off as long winded posts as you'd like. :)

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

As for how she'd find out, I'd say the easiest route is the best: That necklace that Ruby's so fond off? Sure looks like a nice personal item to have. A real shame if say, someone were to try and lure that away from her, it opened up, and the truth were revealed, even if briefly. :3

I didn't actually even think of that, yes, I agree, that's a good way to do that. 

• Brohoof 1

Aye, that be the trouble with English. Like, different eras have language so far different that its barely the same language anymore! I myself straddle the line between Archaic and Slang, hee!

That be what I try to do, paint a picture & a scene give you something entertaining to read! But I get what you mean, that it can be hard to respond to just description? So then, how best to put it, @Catpone Cerberus?

How do I wiggle the string to get you to pounce, lol?!

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Aye, that be the trouble with English. Like, different eras have language so far different that its barely the same language anymore! I myself straddle the line between Archaic and Slang, hee!

That be what I try to do, paint a picture & a scene give you something entertaining to read! But I get what you mean, that it can be hard to respond to just description? So then, how best to put it, @Catpone Cerberus?

How do I wiggle the string to get you to pounce, lol?!

I'm not the best explainer but...

The most obvious solution would be having questions or dialogue that naturally leads to conversation, and also to not have too many unrelated things is same post (If the topic changes in middle of the dialogue, the other, most likely former dialogue will get igjnored because there's no natural feeling way to respond to both) 

Other thing is that when you have something that isn't dialogue, like your character doing something, it needs to be something worth reacting to so to speak. To explain it with an example, if you're having an conversation with someone who randomly does a backflip now and then while you talk to them, the first few times you are probably confused or surprised or something, but after they have done it 10 times, you start to ignore it because you accept it's just something they do. 

So one way to get reactions would be things happen that actually affect my character, because while Widdershins doing his weird things is interesting sight, Cerberus has no reason to react to it because he knows it's something Widdershins does normally.

So, for @Pastel-chan & @Blitz Boom's parts:

I'll come in much later. There's not much I can do until the both of you get into the Everfree. I'm sure the older Slimpsy will be such a good impression to these foals!

… I'm being facetious. (That's our Secret Word for the day! We just looked it up again!) As much as a total coward Slimpsy is, it'll take two foals to re-re-retell him what he doesn't have to fear.

Oh, and Blitz? Think I worry we might've lost @Pinkfire by this point. Should we carry on Flit's leg of things and keep it open enough for her to wander back in to? It kind of was my ideal to get several posters in to all witness the same event To witness our clever writing, that is?! Nyo, shaddup! - to provide a wider array of responses what basically amounts to a boss encounter.

And, as further to that;

I feel I have to apologize for several things with the Cephalli family members to you and @Sekel.

Yellow text doesn't show up quite as well, and I wish all the good luck to Dji in wading through the dense Scottish accent

But these are things I cannot change.

All integral to the character! Lol! Unless there's somehow another yellow text option... but I got a way in my head for how the brothers sound. Like SS is Scots to Flit's Irish accent since I see that as a duality somehow. 

• Brohoof 1

I know I haven’t been on here in months.  For that I apologize again.  I keep disappearing for months at a time.  When bad things happen in my life, I retract into my shell, and then I keep finding reasons not to come out of it.  When that happens I really need to push myself to get back to doing things that I love.  Hopefully I’ll get back to posting soon.  This post is an important part of my way of pushing myself:  telling people I’ll do something.  I don’t want to discuss the reasons I stopped posting yet, because there’s a lot of things that happened around the same time (a lot of which happened in the same week as my birthday).  There’s also some changes happening with the schedules at work again, so hopefully I can have a regular day off early in the week and I’ll try to get more posts done at once, possibly on Tuesdays.  I’ll reread some of the posts throughout the next couple weeks to catch myself back up, and I’ll most likely type up some posts the Tuesday after next, sooner if I get any good (or possibly even bad) ideas.

• Brohoof 1

I am thinking here, maybe, @Blitz Boom that eventually your Officer is gonna have to get between Shortstack and @Sekel's Dazzle Gleam. So, what I'm thinking here is your officer gets in there first, then Scarcity comes to spectate with Sunny Flush in tow. Then Sunny can take care of Shortstack… Because who knows how to better take care of their siblings then the other ones who had to live with their shenanigans?

Also, we're gonna have to work on Flit since I don't think she's coming back...

@Widdershins

I don't know who Flit is. Do you mean Pinkfire? Yeah, been almost three weeks, so you might be right. I dunno, just put the char you had in mind with her out there and just... See what happens? Might be some folks (or the group) more or less crosses paths with your char eventually.

As for the group with the current siblings, I figured I'd let you two fight it out, but alright, I'll get some folks that way. Sounds like you two are having a noisy fight too, so honestly, either he hears them, or someone comes running for him, since he's basically the only guard they know of in town. We'll see. :)

As for Scarcity... Oh, I do have plans regarding her, but you'll see in due time.

Speaking of which...

==============================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Sometime, we should really have Scarcity and Setting Dawn meet up. Considering they're both *fixers* (with one being more... Morally flexible than the other) They likely know of one another already, and it could be rather fun. :) Though one thing here: Scarcity does not leave evidence of her deeds behind, so she's not someone you just have something on, besides rumors and potentially some testimonies who won't go anywhere. Setting more than likely knows what sort of thing she does, but since it's both impossible to prove (and she holds some higher ranking ones in her pocket to ensure some things does not ever get near a court house, just in case) and that she does in her own, twisted way provide a service to Equestria, by ensuring the most dangerous items or beings of the Black Market circuit gets rerouted to more fitting authorities, it's one of the situations where her operating unobstructed is the lesser evil.

From what I've gathered about Sitting so far, through the references in the RP and what you mentioned some time ago, she seems to be somewhat in the same situation. A necessary evil, with more uses than reasons to try and get to her.

Honestly, I just thought it could be fun. Especially now I've seen her more in action. She's great. :D

@Blue Midnight

More than likely you can, but I'd need some info on your OC first to make a decision. :) So please, could you post what you can of him/her/it? General stuff like a bit of backstory if possible, a physical description, and if the one in question have special powers, some sort of description of that too please.

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Blue Midnight

More than likely you can, but I'd need some info on your OC first to make a decision. :) So please, could you post what you can of him/her/it? General stuff like a bit of backstory if possible, a physical description, and if the one in question have special powers, some sort of description of that too please.

Alright, here she is. Though I don't know if the link will work, since it's still awaiting approval. If not, then I could copy-paste.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Blue Midnight

Sadly the link isn't working. A copy and paste here would be appreciated. :)

Alright, here you go. Let me know if you need more. As for the background, I was a bit too lazy to type it, but just know that I know her entire backstory (Minus details like names or dates or timeframes) by memory.

Species: Unicorn-Windigo Hybrid
Residence: Ponyville
Hometown: ~=[Redacted By Order Of Princess Celestia]=~

pony-22.pngpony-29.png

download2.png

Personality:

Icy is typically calm, but fun. When she gets really quiet, then you need to watch what you say and do. She will always help somepony she knows, or somepony she dosen't. She likes to talk to new ponies, or talk to ponies in general, and she likes having friends, but not so much that she can't live without them. And while she would accept somepony getting closer than that, she wouldn't like it, because she would be scared. Not for herself, but for their safety.

When somepony is harassing her friends, she can become a bit mischevious. For example, freezing a bathroom door shut as the pony is trying to get in (Discreetly), or freezing the pony's hoof to the ground while they are walking. Or making it snow on them for a few hours.

She is very inventive, always coming up with new ideas. Although not all of them are always practical.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Storm dosen't really have a personality. All Ice Storm can think about is absorbing more warmth.

Physical Description:

Her fur feels soft, but cold. The "feathers" of her wings feel hard and mettalic, but as flexible as an actual feather, and as light too. Her wings are even colder than her fur.

Likes: Inventing, her inventions turning out right, the cold, snow, ice, snowball fights, making snowponies, ice skating, flying, improving her inventions, helping ponies, meeting new ponies, doing new things, exploring, milkshakes (She REALLY likes milkshakes), shaved ice, snow cones.
Dislikes: Hot weather, her inventions turning out horribly, idiots, warm foods (Though she actually does like to eat some warm foods, she just freezes them and then waits for them to thaw.), not having anything to do, Ice Storm, blankets.
Magic Spells: Icy Creation - Ice Focused Or Cold Focused Magic In General, Shield Spells, Firebolt, Other General Magic Spells (Though nowhere near as many as Twilight), Levitation.
Magic Spells: Ice Storm - Icening (Ice Lightning, turns things into pure ice, which spreads through organics. If it strikes a pony, they are an ice sculpture within a single second.)

On 2/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, Blitz Boom said:

I dunno, just put the char you had in mind with her out there and just... See what happens? Might be some folks (or the group) more or less crosses paths with your char eventually.

Already did! Several weeks ago...

Have I, uhh…. am I being too ambitious? Expecting several other players to cooperate while I play simultaneously... what, eight characters? Heh, you know how it is trying to get schedules to align!

On 2/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, Blue Midnight said:

Question, is it fine if I come in from the cold? (You'd get the joke if you know my OC. Which you don't.)

I already got the joke and I hadn't even seen your OC yet.

Now I have.

Let the Sass begin.

I guess her full name is.... */Drumroll*… Icy Ice?!!? :squee:  But props on a dual-form character. It's not quite clear why she is what she is aside from giving her a host of powers, but I can't say no to Ice elemental magics. Though I do have a few issues. One among them is...

*Cue Valley Girl Accent*     Uhm? Like? WindaGAH? That's, like, a SPIRIT? Pretty sure thah don' DO thait.

Who are we kidding. WE technically count as a spirit!

But I'm playing the Snob. Don't ruin my snobbery, Me.

It would stand to reason a very particular set of circumstances to have a corporeal Windigo (Oh, just noticed that again. We don't have wEndigos in Equestria. As that's a vampiric, cannibal yeti monster.  ...yes, kind of lost a bit of epic in the Kids' Show translation, yes?) that would be an interesting tale! 

As for another thing... purely on a design side of things.... yeah, that Venus Symbol is extremely obvious. Thinking myself over now, think that's why symbols don't look good on cutie marks because it looks a little more like an actual Branding Iron mark rather than a symbol. Not to mention the symbol doesn't seem to have anything else to do with the character and works much more as just a Human symbol rather than a pony concept.  But that's not really anything that effects anything in the long run.

As for her personality.... hmm, reading more that she's defensive of friends, willing but perhaps a bit stubborn to be talked into new things, a real kind of Low-Temperature gal ... guess you could say her personality is quite...

Cooooold! 

Yes, this entire post has been building to that.

Yes, a pretty bad joke there I must admit. I'll try to curb myselfs.

Ah ahm afraid yor pleas fall upon deaf ears, mah hot-blooded frand. For such tactics don't work... Upon dah Cold-Hearted!

Enough already, I've got to stop this.

What keeled dah Dinosaurs?  …     MAH PUUUUNS!!!

Seriously though, I've caused at least one Mass Extinction event by bombing that hard at a Comedy Club.

@Blue Midnight

Well... It's an interesting character, but I do have some questions that I think is important to get answered regarding her.

1. You mention that she have no personality, and only think about absorbing warmth, but that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering you also write she thinks of friends, can get scared, likes inventing, that sort. That isn't possible if she have a one-track mind and no personality. This is a minor inconsistency perhaps, but it does stand out to me.

2. There does need to be some history behind how a special hybrid like that came to pass. Especially since the Windigo's are described as non-physical, ghostlike ponies. It seems odd that one were able to materialize long enough, unless magic in some fashion were involved, though in any case, I can't imagine it ended in a joyful union. Just throw it out there, and we'll see if it can work. :)

3. Redacted by Princess Celestia? So... That means that the princess are aware of this one, who (as you write it) can turn another into solid ice in a single second? I have a hard time believing that she princess would openly allow any creature who could do that, and which you describe as being only after warmth. There's some backstory here that might be best explained I think, though most can be explained if she's reeled in some from the more... Destructive side that's presented here.

4- Which brings me to the magic.  Overall it seems fine (though I would ditch the mention of a fireball. If you want to go ice themed, it just doesn't work well), though I'd strongly recommend that perhaps the organic life turned into ice is instead more like a cocoon? So not turning the living creature into literal ice, but deep freezing them in place in a block of ice, which will spread by touch and engulf them within says, 5-10 seconds instead of 1, as that seems somewhat excessive. Having a timer on it before they naturally thaw might be a smart move too, or if not that, then simply make it so that they're fine in there due to the magic of the ice, and can be broken out by a proper smashing or with fire magic.

The major thing is just that turning organic life into pure ice is essentially killing them, without any sort of counterplay, which is far, far too dangerous of a thing to be allowed living in the world. It might be functional if you were going for a villain, but even then I'd suggest some sort of leash on that. It seems completely fine if it insta-freezes non-organic life though, and that would have some usage for self defense for example, or to get out of things.

As a trade off, perhaps go that she can pass through solid ice like it were air, and then use a combination of freezing non-organic life and this ability to make it rather difficult to trap her?

5. Beyond the cold, I don't see much of a connection to windigo's, so as a suggestion (this is not a forced one, but I would advise thinking about it at least) why not have her magic be affected by the emotions around her? Windigo's feed on hatred and fighting, so when there is more of that, she would become stronger, yet at the same time, if she seeks friends, or at least to be seen as not a monster, she wouldn't want there to be much of that, which in turn would weaken her magic. It would cause a sort of balancing act that she'd be struggling with, and could both reel in the magic (Say, the insta-freeze of organisms could be something only functional at a high influx of power, as say an open battlefield) and it would explain why Celestia would allow her to be around. If Icy would not appear to be one who wanted to be a conqueror, it stands to reason that much like with Discord, she'd send her under observation, to live in a regular society with a more calm atmosphere, and well, Ponyville mostly have that, as well as Twilight and the others to help out if the worst happened.

It would entail Twilight being informed of her presence for the record, and Icy having an assigned guardian of sorts, but I can work with that. Wouldn't be too hard making up a guard decked in some anti-magic rings and cold resistant armor (or some other clothing. Depends on if it's a guard) to keep an eye out, and be ready if something does happen. It'd be up to you whatever the one in question would be friends with Icy, or more of a parole officer, or starting out as the later, but going the former. Or something else really, I dunno. Just trying to make a scenario where you can still get what you want, but with a bit of logical restrictions and story help. :)

As a suggestion for a guardian/parole officer/whatever, I do have a dragon working for the royal guards, who's fire related, which would mean better cold resistance in general, as well as being a very friendly one with connections to Ponyville, so that could well function. Also, he's rather small, about pony-size, so it wouldn't be much of a difference.

Anyway, I'm rambling. We have a few points to get sorted, but this ain't so bad honestly. I'm sure we can get everything sorted soon enough, and get you right into the action. :)

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

The major thing is just that turning organic life into pure ice is essentially killing them, without any sort of counterplay, which is far, far too dangerous of a thing to be allowed living in the world. It might be functional if you were going for a villain, but even then I'd suggest some sort of leash on that

I do feel the urge to remind you about severity of magic in Equestria. Need I bring up the fact that Twilight Sparkle, a leading member of society, has a spell which transforms field mice into what is essentially Semi-Sentient Functioning Members of their Society. Sure, Cinderella reference and all but turning animals into horses carries a bit of a dark side in this world. Oh, and not to mention Starlight Glimmer has a legitimate Full Mind Control that she's used numerous times on the show. Like, fully overwriting her friends personality to her will.

It's important to keep in mind that this world hinges upon the premise of "Everything is all better by the end of the episode, no matter how bad things get." Discord can bend reality to his whims. If he wants to go bad, not a thing could stop him.... apart from his wanting a true friendship now.

I do believe we have seen full calcification into solid stone in the show. Long as there's a more powerful reversal spell, it's all good. Think the important thing to keep in mind is that you can't have a character in this world with a power that's just "the best at doing it." Automatic Death isn't as permanent or as dramatic as it should be. And I say this as a roleplay who adores collateral damage.

Though.... I do acquiesce that something like this is antithetical to roleplay. Flashfreezing somebody may be possible... but then we'd have to go on a side story to cure said victim and the results of said action ontop of kinda removing a character instantly without them a chance to react.... so, no. Not good in roleplay.

I can see a bit of separate characters in here that would explain the prevalent contradictions B.B mentioned. I feel there's a sort of Nightmare Moon-esque thing going on here. A sort of possession if you will. I feel its not so much important HOW a character got to be what they are, but how that impacts how they interact with others.

Think a lot of OC creators kind of forget, is that they get caught up in making their characters combat capable... then forgetting that roleplaying requires more talking and social interaction than fighting. 

15 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Already did! Several weeks ago...

Have I, uhh…. am I being too ambitious? Expecting several other players to cooperate while I play simultaneously... what, eight characters? Heh, you know how it is trying to get schedules to align!

I already got the joke and I hadn't even seen your OC yet.

Now I have.

Let the Sass begin.

I guess her full name is.... */Drumroll*… Icy Ice?!!? :squee:  But props on a dual-form character. It's not quite clear why she is what she is aside from giving her a host of powers, but I can't say no to Ice elemental magics. Though I do have a few issues. One among them is...

*Cue Valley Girl Accent*     Uhm? Like? WindaGAH? That's, like, a SPIRIT? Pretty sure thah don' DO thait.

Who are we kidding. WE technically count as a spirit!

But I'm playing the Snob. Don't ruin my snobbery, Me.

It would stand to reason a very particular set of circumstances to have a corporeal Windigo (Oh, just noticed that again. We don't have wEndigos in Equestria. As that's a vampiric, cannibal yeti monster.  ...yes, kind of lost a bit of epic in the Kids' Show translation, yes?) that would be an interesting tale! 

As for another thing... purely on a design side of things.... yeah, that Venus Symbol is extremely obvious. Thinking myself over now, think that's why symbols don't look good on cutie marks because it looks a little more like an actual Branding Iron mark rather than a symbol. Not to mention the symbol doesn't seem to have anything else to do with the character and works much more as just a Human symbol rather than a pony concept.  But that's not really anything that effects anything in the long run.

As for her personality.... hmm, reading more that she's defensive of friends, willing but perhaps a bit stubborn to be talked into new things, a real kind of Low-Temperature gal ... guess you could say her personality is quite...

Cooooold! 

Yes, this entire post has been building to that.

Yes, a pretty bad joke there I must admit. I'll try to curb myselfs.

Ah ahm afraid yor pleas fall upon deaf ears, mah hot-blooded frand. For such tactics don't work... Upon dah Cold-Hearted!

Enough already, I've got to stop this.What keeled dah Dinosaurs?  …     MAH PUUUUNS!!!

Seriously though, I've caused at least one Mass Extinction event by bombing that hard at a Comedy Club.

Venus symbol? What is that? Her mark (No way I'm calling it by what it's supposed to be called) is the alchemical symbol for mercury (Which represents the mind part of the tria prima) over top of a snowflake. Representing her proficiency with anything cold, as well as her talent for inventing and inventive thinking (Alchemy and the mind).

Also, people are okay with having two speakers (One real, one created) in posts here? Or at least semi-okay? Because if so then I would like to introduce my narrator, Enter the Void.

[=~ I can come in? About ****ing time you let me back into your normal postings. It gets boring out there in the Between, you know. ~=]

I don't know yet, Void. I'll let you narrate if you can't.

[=~ **** you Midnight. Don't introduce me if you don't ****ing know if I can come in yet or not. I'll see you next time you need me. ~=]

Fine then. Anyway, moving on. As for the windigo part, I'll answer that when I'm answering BB's question about it. Oh, and after looking up the venus symbol, I see how you might have gotten the two confused. But the symbol for Venus dosen't have the top half circle on it.

As for her being stubborn... Where exactly did I say she was stubborn? I don't remember ever saying anything of the sort, and even if I did, I said it mistakenly. I mean, she can be a bit stubborn on occasions, but never when it comes to trying something new.

Now, onto BB.

13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Blue Midnight

Well... It's an interesting character, but I do have some questions that I think is important to get answered regarding her.

1. You mention that she have no personality, and only think about absorbing warmth, but that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering you also write she thinks of friends, can get scared, likes inventing, that sort. That isn't possible if she have a one-track mind and no personality. This is a minor inconsistency perhaps, but it does stand out to me.

2. There does need to be some history behind how a special hybrid like that came to pass. Especially since the Windigo's are described as non-physical, ghostlike ponies. It seems odd that one were able to materialize long enough, unless magic in some fashion were involved, though in any case, I can't imagine it ended in a joyful union. Just throw it out there, and we'll see if it can work. :)

3. Redacted by Princess Celestia? So... That means that the princess are aware of this one, who (as you write it) can turn another into solid ice in a single second? I have a hard time believing that she princess would openly allow any creature who could do that, and which you describe as being only after warmth. There's some backstory here that might be best explained I think, though most can be explained if she's reeled in some from the more... Destructive side that's presented here.

4- Which brings me to the magic.  Overall it seems fine (though I would ditch the mention of a fireball. If you want to go ice themed, it just doesn't work well), though I'd strongly recommend that perhaps the organic life turned into ice is instead more like a cocoon? So not turning the living creature into literal ice, but deep freezing them in place in a block of ice, which will spread by touch and engulf them within says, 5-10 seconds instead of 1, as that seems somewhat excessive. Having a timer on it before they naturally thaw might be a smart move too, or if not that, then simply make it so that they're fine in there due to the magic of the ice, and can be broken out by a proper smashing or with fire magic.

The major thing is just that turning organic life into pure ice is essentially killing them, without any sort of counterplay, which is far, far too dangerous of a thing to be allowed living in the world. It might be functional if you were going for a villain, but even then I'd suggest some sort of leash on that. It seems completely fine if it insta-freezes non-organic life though, and that would have some usage for self defense for example, or to get out of things.

As a trade off, perhaps go that she can pass through solid ice like it were air, and then use a combination of freezing non-organic life and this ability to make it rather difficult to trap her?

5. Beyond the cold, I don't see much of a connection to windigo's, so as a suggestion (this is not a forced one, but I would advise thinking about it at least) why not have her magic be affected by the emotions around her? Windigo's feed on hatred and fighting, so when there is more of that, she would become stronger, yet at the same time, if she seeks friends, or at least to be seen as not a monster, she wouldn't want there to be much of that, which in turn would weaken her magic. It would cause a sort of balancing act that she'd be struggling with, and could both reel in the magic (Say, the insta-freeze of organisms could be something only functional at a high influx of power, as say an open battlefield) and it would explain why Celestia would allow her to be around. If Icy would not appear to be one who wanted to be a conqueror, it stands to reason that much like with Discord, she'd send her under observation, to live in a regular society with a more calm atmosphere, and well, Ponyville mostly have that, as well as Twilight and the others to help out if the worst happened.

It would entail Twilight being informed of her presence for the record, and Icy having an assigned guardian of sorts, but I can work with that. Wouldn't be too hard making up a guard decked in some anti-magic rings and cold resistant armor (or some other clothing. Depends on if it's a guard) to keep an eye out, and be ready if something does happen. It'd be up to you whatever the one in question would be friends with Icy, or more of a parole officer, or starting out as the later, but going the former. Or something else really, I dunno. Just trying to make a scenario where you can still get what you want, but with a bit of logical restrictions and story help. :)

As a suggestion for a guardian/parole officer/whatever, I do have a dragon working for the royal guards, who's fire related, which would mean better cold resistance in general, as well as being a very friendly one with connections to Ponyville, so that could well function. Also, he's rather small, about pony-size, so it wouldn't be much of a difference.

Anyway, I'm rambling. We have a few points to get sorted, but this ain't so bad honestly. I'm sure we can get everything sorted soon enough, and get you right into the action. :)

1: It's not an inconsistency, because they are two different personalities. That's why there is the huge clump of dashes there. Perhaps I could have made it a bit clearer, but oh well. So yeah, the personality on the top is Icy's personality, the one on the bottom is Ice's personality. Oh? I... I did mention it. How did you get the idea that they were the same personality, then? Ice Storm overrides Icy Creation, but they are never both the active personality (I use personality loosely in Ice Storm's case) at the same time. Well, I mean, not fully. She can resist Ice Storm, but only barely. I think the longest she's managed was seven minutes.

2: I'll answer this after I answer the other three questions.

3: Umm... See above? I plan on answering both of these by typing down her backstory, so be prepared for that after the next two.

4: This ties into her history, but I can't have Ice Storm's Icening not kill ponies, because if it didn't then Icy wouldn't have had any reason to leave her home town. Because Ice Storm fades on it's own after a period of time. That period of time depends on how much warmth is absorbed, with more warmth absorbed proloning Ice Storm's period of control.

As for how fast Icening freezes organics, now that you mentioned the idea, yeah, I do think I am going to slow that down from instant to maybe, I don't know, five seconds. Maybe have it depend on whether they have magic, how much warmth they have, and how large they are. Actually, perhaps it could take longer the more hatred or anger that the organic had. The idea being it would be taking longer to absorb their warmth, because it isn't absorbing their warmth, it would be absorbing their emotional "fire." It just thinks it is absorbing their warmth, because that is how it understands it. Thank you for the idea. That is how it works now. It takes five seconds to freeze an organic with absolutely no hate or anger, and it takes longer the more of those two the organic has.

Plus, Ice Storm might as well be a villian. Although not exactly one that knows what they are doing in any way whatsoever. Also, I guess I am answering five right now as well, so, although it probably wouldn't happen, no armor is going to stop Icening. It dosen't work by temparture manipulation, it works by material conversion. And it converts anything, not just living things. It only keeps spreading with organic things, but with non organic things it still spreads enough that if it strikes the ground (when it strikes the ground, which is what happens with many of the bolts), it will leave a half-sphere of clear ice about a foot and a half in diameter. Same thing with where she steps on the ground. In fact, Ice Storm's touch has the exact same effect as the Icening (Which, if I didn't explain it already, is lightning that is really cold instead of really hot, and does what I've already described.).

2-3: Here comes the story. This will make up most of the length of this post.

About twenty years after Equestria was founded, an unknown unicorn saw a windigo fly past his town and decided to follow. Before he saw it, he had been working on a spell that would allow one to fuse two or more creatures or plants together to form a new organism with properties of all the things fused. Similiar to genetic splicing, but magic, and with an instant result. And with much higher success rates. Now, this unicorn wasn't what one would call sane, exactly. It wasn't genetic, though. Anyway, as he saw the windigo, he had the idea to attempt to fuse it to itself. As he followed it, it took him farther and farther away from Equestria. It is unknown what occured during his time outside of Equestria, but what is known is that he must have succeeded, as far to the east, on the other side of Equis, reports of similiar occurences as the events before Equestria, came in, but these times there was always a unicorn present, and always the same one.

What I can tell you, however, is that he had children. These children were of many different mothers. Almost none of them knew about him being their father, and not even the mothers knew of the windigo portion of him. However, some of these children found each other and breeded more hybrids. The portion that is windigo is recessive, so not every generation of the hybrids showed their hybridness, and it was never a visible trait. Over time, the windigo part got diluted to the point where even as an active part, it might not ever show itself.

Those incidents back when the windigo part was at full strength, however, were inevitably covered up as either a magical experiment gone wrong or as a weather accident. These were ordered by the Sisters, not wanting the public to panic. However, as it got diluted, those who used to cover such things up began to be assigned to other tasks, and the knowledge that these incidents ever occured, at all, was lost to all but the Sisters. None of the hybrids ever discovered by the Sisters had retained any semblance of sapience. Consumed by their hunger for hatred (I'm sorry, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.), they were reduced to nothing more than hate powered snow machines. And so, every hybrid discovered by the Sisters was treated as if they were an existential danger to the whole of Equestria.

That was true until the day that Icy Creation woke up to find herself staring into the face of an ice sculpture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Icy Creation was born to two unicorns, Snowfall and Lactose Shaker. Snowfall was her mother, working with the weather pegasi to help begin the winter seasons whenever there wasn't enough snow made. Which was essentially every winter. She was the more boring of Icy's two parents. Shaker, however, was not boring. He worked in what he called a "milkshake workshop," where ponies could come in and request whatever flavor combination they wanted, and he would make them a milkshake of that combination (He didn't give refunds to unsatisfied customers due to them being liable in the event of making an awful combination. They asked for it, after all.). He would often let Icy come in and help him where she could, and even learn how to make the milkshakes. Her favorite was a combination of chocalate, pepppermint, and marshmellow. She got so good at making that specific kind, that she ended up taking over any orders for that combination (Though by the end of the day the supplies needed for that combination were supsiciously much lower than what they should have been. And there were often far more milkshake cups in the trash can than there had been customers in the day.).

As she got into school and started learning about what things were, she started to develop her obsession with innovation that still drives many of the things she does today. Every time she saw something new, she would ask the teacher how it worked. Or ask her parents. Or she would ask random strangers. And if no one answered her, she would take it (Not always with permission) home and study it. Taking it apart and then trying to put it back together again right. And then when she as first able to do a levitation spell, studying turned into modifying. For example, the teachers desk suddenly self-generated the ability to roll across the floor when needed (Or when uneeded, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?). As she got into second grade, she still didn't have her mark yet. But one day, a pegasus fell from the sky.

Everyone in the class heard the scream and ran outside, seeing the mailpony falling, one wing seemingly broken. From the height he was falling from, the sound would be splat instead of a simple crunch of bone.

Up to that point, Icy had only ever frozen water slowly, using contact with her horn. But as everyone else backed away, she decided to try something new. As her horn glowed, the nearby water fountain's tubing cracked as it froze, water spurting out. The water was levitated into a form of a slide, leading into a pool (Cube of water at this point). As the pegasus got closer to the ground, the water started freezing. He started sliding along the slide just slower than it was freezing. As he went flying over the pool, she quickly finished the walls and floor of the pool, letting go with her magic, dizzy. The pegasus climbed out, safe, thanked her, and flew off to finish what he was doing. As he flew off, her mark appeared. The alchemical symbol for mercury, mercury, and the mind, over top of a snowflake. Representing her innovative thinking and her proficiency with ice magic.

As she got older and closer to graduating from school, she got the feeling that something awful was going to happen. A few days before she was supposed to graduate, she began feeling much, much colder than she usually did (Temparture wise). A day later, she began craving warmer foods and drinks. Another day closer, she found herself wanting something, but she didn't know what. The next day she was purposefully getting dangerously close to fires, active stoves, any significant source of heat.

Then she passed out, from her perspective.

When she woke up, she was standing in front of a very realistic ice sculpture of a pony. All the strange feelings and cravings were gone. She just smiled at the "sculpture," not knowing what it used to be, only thinking it looked vaguely familiar. She started walking over to the milkshake workshop, noticing that it was around the time her dad would be there. As she walked, she noticed a strange lack of anypony, and an abundance of sculptures. Alongside circles of ice replacing spots on the ground. At this point she was getting confused, and a bit worried. When she got to the workshop, nobody was there. At this point she was starting to realize something was very wrong. She noticed one of the sculptures was looking at their back legs, and she recognized the face, a tear goiing down her face.

It was her teacher.

She immediately started running back home, trying to ignore all the faces she recognised as she passed them, trying to focus only on her parents. She reached her house, opening the door. She wished she hadn't. On the sofa was a sculpture, a milkshake made out of ice in his hand, staring up the stairs in fear. Coming out of her parents room was another sculpture, staring in front of her as if she had just been stabbed in the heart, emotionally speaking. Icy backed up, looking around the town, wishing that what she knew had to have happened hadn't.

She had iced the town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A patrolling guard had flown over the town and seen the sculptures, noticing how lifelike they were. He reported what he saw up the chain, and no one knew what to do. Celestia heard, and erased the memories (Because I have no doubt in my mind that she knows how.), before going herself. She didn't want to risk a cover up failing due to inexperience with cover ups in the recent centuries. What she saw when she arrived was exactly what she remembered, who she saw alive, was not. She had never seen a hybrid have remorse, which signified to her that either this wasn't a hybrid, or that this hybrid was simply different. Realising that she had stumbled upon the opportunity to, for the first time, help a hybrid become able to integrate with society, instead of murdering it, she took the opportunity. This mare, crying in the center of the town, horrified by the fact that she had just murdered every single pony she had ever known, would soon become sort of a project of Celestia's.

The first thing they established was that Icy was to, in no way, ever tell anybody what happened there. She was given an area deep inside the Everfree to live in, far away from any other ponies. Every few weeks, Celestia would come and give her a goal, or teach her a few more things, or ask something about what it felt like when Ice was about to emerge, or to keep her content with what she had until Celestia was ready to let her leave. Eventually, about three quarters of a year later, Celestia came one final time to tell her that she was allowed to leave, and gave her some bits.

She wound up in an obscure city near the forest, making money as an item repairer, while also inventing alongside that. She began work on the wings that are now a part of her just a week after she got there. She was working on it for an entire year and a half, before something happened. She was messing around, having pretty much given up. The spell she was in the process of binding would have never worked had it not been for the peculiar circumstances of the day.

For, you see, that day, a certain cyan pegasus broke the sound barrier. (You can decide which time it was.)

Now, the theory is that a rainboom contains traces of the pegasus' magic. Um. That's it, thats the theory, run with it, have fun with it, just don't ask me to explain it or I'll be here all day writing up a page long explanation for a theory about a fictional stunt in a fictional universe preformed by a fictional creature.

Anyway, the pegasus magic integrated with the spell, and caused it to actually work.

And that is where I am stopping because I am starting to get lazy with the writing, and I'm pretty sure I've answered all your questions.

Oh, and also,

1 hour ago, Widdershins said:

then forgetting that roleplaying requires more talking and social interaction than fighting. 

I actually dislike combat when roleplaying with most people, because they simply don't put enough detail into the character's actions. I much prefer the social side of an RP, even though that completely contradicts my personality in real life (I am more shy than Fluttershy, almost.). That's probably why I've always had a tendancy to make my characters OP but make them absolutely refuse to kill, so that I can just kind of skip the combat when people let me and go straight back to talking. Of course, that isn't how I designed Icy (I hope), but that was what my characters were like in the past.

Edited by Blue Midnight