Blitz Boom

Searching Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

@Blitz Boom 

Sorry for the delayed post.  Work has been hectic with everyone showing up to buy toilet paper before it can hit the shelves.  It’s exhausting.  They’re rushing to the store instead of staying home, and some people are even ordering party supplies.  I’m worried the anti-vaxers are escalating from Measles parties to something far worse.  Hopefully my state gets a shelter in place order, because people won’t stay home otherwise.  I’ll probably be leaving work an hour early each day this week, so there is a chance I’ll be able to post more than usual, but I make no promises.  Stay safe.

Badges

@Seamore Sandwich

Yeah, hoarders are really messing everything up for others in Denmark too. And not only by hoarding things they could not possibly get through in time, like toilet paper, bread and yeast, but also by just roaming around in large groups, touching everything and everyone, with an attitude that just screams *I am immune, and no one else matters*. Things are really not gonna go well, when people like this messes up precautions and guidance lines so badly, that the disease can't help but spread exponentially fast. :/ I work in a store, so I sadly get to see these folks more than I care to.

======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Just for the record, Amethyst's store is in Baltimare, and they're currently in Canterlot. They're gonna be walking for a while :P

@Blitz Boom

Oops! That long walk's gonna be painful! I'll edit my post when I'm able. 

• Laugh 1

Badges

@Windy Breeze

I see no issue approving you for the RP. Welcome to the fold. :)

Might I ask what sort of setting you'd like to go into? I can see what characters I have that can fit in with that. I'd offer some already, but I have a long day at work in about half an hour, and some things to prep, so I sadly do't have time until late tonight/tomorrow. Means I have to do this in reverse and ask what you'd like to do here first, and then take it from there. :)

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Windy Breeze

I see no issue approving you for the RP. Welcome to the fold. :)

Might I ask what sort of setting you'd like to go into? I can see what characters I have that can fit in with that. I'd offer some already, but I have a long day at work in about half an hour, and some things to prep, so I sadly do't have time until late tonight/tomorrow. Means I have to do this in reverse and ask what you'd like to do here first, and then take it from there. :)

Well, I'll just with my OC arriving at Sugarcube Corner since she's moving from Cloudsdale to Ponyville. This will happen in the same time and day you guys at. 

Badges

@Windy Breeze

Well, currently Sugarcube Corner have the front closed, and the back is ransacked by a sugar thief. So either you notice the broken in backdoor, or the front is closed, and you'd have to take it from there. Likely the later, as the backdoor's not really for customers.

In that situation, and considering you'd want this to be the same time as where the others are... I could have someone meet your character there too, who were itching for a bagel and something, and also had to be disappointed in the place being closed early for the day? I can show a few free chars I have for this.

2uHij2p.jpg

Queen Onache. Formerly *lovingly* known among the other changeling races ,and ponies from the desert areas somewhat to the southwest of Equestria, as The Slaver Queen.

Recently reformed along with her last remaining drone, and resided in a desert area that a sphinx created in the Everfree Forest (things went sorta nuts at one time: :P ). As her nickname suggests, Onache were never known to be a kind queen, even among her own kind, and thought what Thorax did laughable. After being faced with how it were the best way she could feed her hive, she begrudgingly went through the process, and are now struggling with trying to be a kinder being. Especially to those who have for the longest time been nothing but prey to her.

It'd be a strained sort of meeting, but if you want to test what your character is able to handle, she'd be a fine option, and she'd be drawn towards the strange uniform of the Wonderbolts, as she have never even heard about them. :) She can also help if you need some mind reading/altering, for whatever reason.

Ah, and this is her equine disguise, for the record. It shows her personality a little more... Directly.

eqXLHnw.png

=================================================================

Kb4FqqH.jpg

Rosy Flora usually lives in a rather large mansion in Canterlot, which her cousin owns, yet as an adventurer, he is often out on trips and she mostly takes care of the place when he is gone, as well as the garden in general.  Said cousin have had a few rough days and have been moping around the mansion for a time, and since he's not receptive to her attempts at comforting him, she at this point, needs a little air, so she could well have taken a minor trip to Ponyville. The nearby forest have a lot of interesting flora, which fascinates her greatly, and whilst she looks rather daint and innocent, don't let looks fool you. She's a scary lady when she needs to be.

She could easily have gone to the bakery to try the local goods, then along with your char, found it closed, and they could have a mutual disappointment over that. Might be that a talk from there could lead to something happening, such as them ending up in the forest, or something else in town. She's a tourist, so whatever happens nearby could be of interest to her.

==================================================================

k1ItOq3.png

Clayton Quartz. Owner of a rather large building firm in Canterlot, with a side hobby in the jewelry business. After the recent attack on Ponyville, his company was brought in by Princess Celestia to provide help and materials to rebuild the damaged portions of the town, in exchange for a minor tax exemption. He still lost bits on it, but it were for a good cause, so he doesn't mind.

With the town being rebuild now, and things easing down for him a little, he have returned to have a look at how the town is fairing currently. Among them, a certain bakery, who were mostly unscathed, but needed a new roof that were added on rather swiftly.

He's a higher class pony, but he's not running with his head in the sky. He's a kind pony with a rather nervous attitude of things goes awry, which is where he usually relies on her personal assistant, though I don't think she should partner with him just yet. Potentially at a later point, to have him stand a bit on his own hooves, and deal with others as best he now can. If your character enjoys flustering others for a bit of fun, he's gonna be a fine target, that doesn't carry much of a grudge, nor want to be confrontational if it can be avoided.

========================================================================

NtDBSw8.png

And speaking of the assistant, this is her: belladonna Venin. A highly intelligent pony and alchemist, with a specialty in poisons. The monocle is needed since she have poor vision on only her right eye, not because she is, nor fancies herself to be, a noble. That sort would require a rather high superiority complex, and she doesn't much care for that, nor showing many emotions in general. Relying on logic and observation, she tends to actually be seen as somewhat cold and calculating, which is as much to her own detriment as others. It's not easy making connections when you are used to over-analyzing everything, and come off as somewhat of a robot on the surface.

If you can get past that though, and have some patience, she's a loyal friend to have around, and a resourceful mare at that too, in case one have some issues. Especially with diseases, or troublemakers who might need a lesson. You'd be amazed what a small dosage of specified poison can do to teach others a lesson, without actually hurting them.

She's been in town to check in on the rebuilding efforts, her boss, and harvesting herbs in the Everfree for her varied concoctions, so it'd be normal to find her about town at this point. And who doesn't enjoy something like a good cup of tea and some freshly made biscuits?

=======================================================================

ynHU5GC.png

If you want friendly, it's hard to get friendlier than with Sorrow. A pegasus in her early twenties, flying around Equestria, and doing what every tourist does. Y'know, seeing local sights, listening to history, and tracking down ghosts to gather them up in the rodent skull around their neck.

Alright, that last one's mostly her, and her family as a whole, who functions as everything from spirit guides, to mediums, to outright harvesters of souls. A bloodline curse hitting all their female members, of which Sorrow here is one.

It makes her kind of weird, since she talks to the amalgamation of souls in her necklace that refers to themselves as Legion, where members are added and releases over time, when the troubled ones are finally ready to let lose and move on. As she have no issue talking about that to others, it makes them see her as a little strange, edging towards creepy, though she's a bundle of smiles always willing to help, and get a few friends along the way.

She's also one of the few characters I don't have in use currently, whom have wings. :)

BGqWJe6.png

Well, I also technically have Molotov Boom actually. Brilliant inventor from a long line of (usually) short-lived inventors, with a flair for explosives. He recently met up with his sister in Ponyville, whom he thought were dead, after an unknown force attacked his village, and took away all the residents. Instead, the sister had gotten fired off in an experimental rocket, and on impact with the ground in the Everfree, suffered a severe case of amnesia, which means that she can't remember anything that happened before the forest. A trying thing for him, as he wants to reconnect with his last living family member, but he tries his best.

They live in Manehattan now, in his own workshop, but Blitz still want to come back to Ponyville on occasion to visit friends, or check her own workshop in the forest to see if there's anything she can salvage and take back home. Blitz have for a few months at this point, been making things (mostly explosives and fireworks) in the forest, and have gotten quite a reputation around town. An infamous sort, since despite her being friendly and not wanting to hurt anyone, she's still a ten year old, hyperactive filly who tends to lumber around something that can go boom. It makes some folks worry. She also digs through trash at night to scrounge for parts, so that's also something that some knows her by.

As for Molotov, he's also friendly and happy to make friends/help sort all sorts of problems. Especially if it can be done mechanically. However, he also tends to hit on basically any available female he can find, and he's about as good at it as a blind man is as telling you the color of your shirt. Usually he ends up getting hit, but he's fine with it. He gets the point that it means he went too far, and doesn't take it that heavily. 

As for the spider in the picture, it's mechanical. His first successful AI, whom he calls Carmen. She have a larger *sister* too, but she's more unruly, and have other things she'd rather do in Manehattan, rather than linger around her creator. A bit like a sour teenager, whereas Carmen's more like a small child, that adores her creator, yet have a tendency to poke at things and nibble to see what things taste like. Don't show her any clowns though. She'd go on the attack and really confuse/scare the hay out of whoever she's assaulting.

==================================================================

There you go. Pick and chose. :) If none of them fits, I can see if I can make something new that'll work. Of course, others are welcome to jump in and partner up with you as well, if they find your character interesting. :)

(edited)

So many good OC suggestions, great backstory and personalities too. It so hard to choose! 

Maybe, Queen Onache. I'm kinda interested how a disguised changeling interact with my OC. 

Edited by Windy Breeze
I can't choose, all of them are too interesting, AHH!
  • teacup 1

Badges

@Widdershins

Are ya holding back on the other sides of the siblings for the time being, until the forest dwellers catch up? Just wanna make sure. :)

@Windy Breeze

A member of the Wonderbolts? Lands in middle of town? Immediately attracts ein attention? Signs zhe automagraphz?!

... *Shoves @Blitz Boom out of the way, begins a horrible Russian accent*

Gif them to me. I must break dem.

...I mean play. Play WIF them, yais.     ...I smell a humbling is needed, yais.

Okay, so that's more like Internet Lolcat, but still. Tryin' ta be intimidatin' here!

Oh, and yes, I intend to come back to it as I have been busy lately and stressed. But you can go ahead and respond to it y'all, iffen ya feel like it. 

Yes! I am offering to bat around the newbie like a large irreverent kitty while i'm not only in eight different places simultaneously in the roleplay, overworked, stressed from these here sick days AND FAIRLY BATTY, but I don't see aaaany wrong with that! ... plus, got like, two days off now, so I need something to do! If I ignore my stress, its sure to go away! THAT'S A SANE CONCLUSION!~

*Cough*

And no, I'm not telling what of my mutant characters I'll inflict on Windy! Itsa surprise!

... don' make me BeeBee. I'll totes bean  you with a pancake!

...yes, I know one can't "bean" with a pancake, but if you put the beans IN the pancake, then surely it'll make bean noises!

@Windy Breeze @Widdershins

Well, soon as you're more caught up with things Widders, you can join in here, and I can always just wander off, or tag along, depending on what goes on. :) Though of course, completely up to Windy.

And don't worry Windy, we're like... 60% sure that Widders doesn't bite. You're probably safe. :P

I don't bite! I swallow WHOLE!!!

I may not be subtle, but I am a steadfast pacifist. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

26 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

I don't bite! I swallow WHOLE!!!

Here i am. Untitled140_20200326120513.thumb.png.0758d904ae3c14f64ab01e7d7c8a991f.png

But how can you swallow me whole? 

Badges

@Widdershins @Windy Breeze

Widdershins plays a variety of characters. Among them a draconequus, and he embodies the sort of spirit that those sorts require, rather well. Which yes, could well mean that he'd have you be swallowed, and then likely spat out, having grown three extra wings or something. It's better to just roll with it than question it at some point. :)

And for the record, we have three draconequui in the RP. Widdershins is one, Catpone have another (pretty sure it's a draconequus anyway. Sorta lost track) and then I have the third, called Anomaly. None of them are attempting to take over town or anything of the sort, so it's somewhat low brow when they're involved in things. Figured I might as well get that out of the way since we're talking draconequui, and I know that some at times worry that they take over every aspect of the RP. :D

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze:

*~Magic!~*

It's like Math or Science! Except I get all dazzily with it so you don't question it! I said don't question it!

*Tips straw hat and soft-shoe shuffles off stage*

Oh, but don't worry. Just because I am one,d oesn't mean you'll be getting a Draconequus! I think you could play well with someone a fair bit more... Suggestible.

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

I know I haven’t posted for a bit, but with everything going on I’ve been exhausted trying to keep up with all the extra people rushing to the store in their stupidity.  I will be taking a couple weeks off starting Sunday, so I will likely be posting more during that time.  I’m taking the time off because my father is at risk if he gets the virus, and working with the public makes it very likely that I will bring it home.  The customers won’t stop going to the store to pick up ridiculous things, so I have to stop showing up to provide it for them.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich
  • teacup 1

Badges

(edited)

So... heh... yeah, sorry @Windy Breeze. It ain't gonna happen.

I've been super stressed lately for reasons I'm sure we all know. I'm having trouble keeping energy up for work and things have been.... hectic what with this new plague and stuff.

I've lost track of a lot of where I am and I'm on, like, the sixth straight day of work and finding time to write anything here is kinda few and far between. Sorry I haven't been around lately.

Edit:

Oh, uhm, @Catpone Cerberus? Been meaning to ask.

So I'm trying to goad you into having our own little adventure to seek out something to hunt down and find! ...but, ah, there's only so many times I can go "Are we there yet?" without going off on tangents to supply conversation as we travel.

I'm... heh, :Tempest: not very good at providing structure, lol! :Thorax:

I'm not too terribly sure what to do now, between us and I've kinda locked up there, creatively. 

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Oh, uhm, @Catpone Cerberus? Been meaning to ask.

So I'm trying to goad you into having our own little adventure to seek out something to hunt down and find! ...but, ah, there's only so many times I can go "Are we there yet?" without going off on tangents to supply conversation as we travel.

I'm... heh, :Tempest: not very good at providing structure, lol! :Thorax:

I'm not too terribly sure what to do now, between us and I've kinda locked up there, creatively. 

Well, I'm not any better at carrying a story, and like I have stated before, i'm very reactive player, and can't really come up with anything that would break loops until it's a story that I have planned from the start like the 1x1 rps I have created. And if I'm being fully honest, our rp has been the least creatively satisfying from all the RPs I'm part of, as in, while others have times when I'm facing a big writers block, this seems to have quite lot of it :please:

@Catpone Cerberus @Widdershins

Sounds like you could use a hand. Might I offer you a villain in these trying times?

=======================================================================

@Pastel Heart

Thinking that whilst we wait for Widders, we can still have a back and forth talk at the scene until he responds, and I can see if I can't think of some distractions to keep us entertained between posts. :) No reason you shouldn't have something to do as well. :)

• Pondering 1

It’ll be tomorrow. Got two days off now! Worked the last six days so I now should have time to myself so don’t worry @Blitz Boom!

What’s a fair bother though is that I would have thought “hunt down some parasprites then talk you into eating one alive” would serve enough as a story, @Catpone Cerberus!  I kinda figured you wouldn’t want me to straight up explode on  you. I work better on a more “Random Encounter” sort of thing. Flashy entrences. 

4 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

What’s a fair bother though is that I would have thought “hunt down some parasprites then talk you into eating one alive” would serve enough as a story, @Catpone Cerberus!  I kinda figured you wouldn’t want me to straight up explode on  you. I work better on a more “Random Encounter” sort of thing. Flashy entrences. 

Well, that works as a story, but when the story has a "go from point A to B" there needs to be something during the travel too until it's straight up skipped.

Fair warning to you all: Gonna have to check up on some family for a few days more than likely, so I am not entirely sure if I have the time for replies tomorrow. If I do, they will likely be small ones. Just letting you know. :)

@Blitz Boom
Guess I really am making a comeback here. :ooh:
Hope I remember all the character colors/text stylings I chose.

• Excited 1