Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

I dunno, @Catpone Cerberus. If you wanted to just post about a "and then they arrived at where they were heading and found the Parasprites." then maybe I could do something. But as I said, I'm stuck now as what to do with you. It kinda seems like we're stuck in a rut of "No, after you!" kind of deal. 

Unless you wanted to restart fully, that is. I give you another character to interact with. Like, you just walking through town and you turn a corner and there I am with a new character and we go from there.

We could take @Blitz Boom's idea too. Though I have no idea how one could antagonize a fully goaless entity like Widdershins.

What you got planned, Cerb?

Oh, and B.B? 

I am kind of playing off the Cephalli family (...have I had any of them mention their "last name?") as initially villainous, but really just stuck heavily in their own thinking. Like, Flit can be sympathetic, but dangerous as he's representative of the Id. A kind of live-in-the-moment kinda guy.

And Monolith has no social skills. As he's very pragmatic and doesn't see things beyond a mathematical approach or considering such things as emotional. If anyone talked to him he wouldn't see the purpose in anypony asking him anything like what he wanted or "felt" like. So I want to get that across, that while he's imposing... he's basically a brick. He's not strong in spite of his stature, just durable to hits. He's slowest and arguably weakest only to Blither in the sense that he just doesn't see the point in reacting or moving to things. So I would like to try having him interact too!

… so maybe I'm testing you a little bit, hee. Giving you several ponies in one place to richochet off of!

...you mighta gone a bit fast there with the Timberwolf and lost me, heh. I kind of just assumed what we were doing in Slimpsy's area and hoped for the best!

...Oh, and Blithy Boog?

In regards to canonicity to show of dragon capabilities...~

Dragons are just fully immune to fire. Like, there's been several episodes where Spike bathes in Lava (Magma is the cooled volcano guts outside the fire areas?...) so even the hottest fire around is just like water to a dragon. They make cannonballs into it, spit it out in little streams like it wasn't nothing to even their insides. That's kinda been a running joke too. If even a city-dragon like Spike can take direct lava contact (which can melt flesh before you can even get within feet of it!) then you really can't understate how Fire-Resistent Benny is.

Though how a high fire resistence correlates to cold-resistence tends to vary wildly from franchise to franchise.

I do find your descriptions of dragons absolutely amazing! I blush at your depictions of dragon belly hugs!

Hee hee, you like dragons too?! Sounds like MLP ain't the first time you've dealt with dragons! 

6 hours ago, Widdershins said:

I dunno, @Catpone Cerberus. If you wanted to just post about a "and then they arrived at where they were heading and found the Parasprites." then maybe I could do something. But as I said, I'm stuck now as what to do with you. It kinda seems like we're stuck in a rut of "No, after you!" kind of deal. 

Unless you wanted to restart fully, that is. I give you another character to interact with. Like, you just walking through town and you turn a corner and there I am with a new character and we go from there.

We could take @Blitz Boom's idea too. Though I have no idea how one could antagonize a fully goaless entity like Widdershins.

What you got planned, Cerb?

I'm not really sure what to do either, I thought It would be good change of pace to have an RP where I can just be silly without a plan but it seems that I need some kind of story to follow. I'm really up to anything, but it probably would be better to do a restart or to include @Blitz Boom (or both.) 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

My whole thought process were this:

"Hey, wouldn't it be fun to have Ruby fight something that looks like a mix of the worm from Tremors and the big maw thing from Star Wars? Just with eyes."

I have no plans with how this is going to go. :) I figure they team up, do their parts, and eventually kill it. It's have pretty obvious attack patterns you can use against it, and will need to have the eyes open every time it raises up and cannot find them by vibrations or sound. Strike quick a fast, and you can go through those squishy parts for example. Basically, just try not to get eaten. You'll become a snack. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom
So I got an idea regarding Ruby.
What if she got/will get injured bad enough that she have to stay in her real form for day or two? (just needs a bone to be broken badly enough that piece of any size has separated from it (or any other injure resulting something not attached to her being inside her)

This would give a chance for one on one between her and Leviathan (since Marley would need to head to Spicy eventually) and would make it so that Ruby could be taken care of by Leviathan a bit (regardless of how much Ruby wants it or not :P) and Leviathan would have a chance to learn more about Ruby. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Sorry for the delayed response here. Been on my phone only for days now as I were visiting home, and halfway through the long post yesterday, it messed up, and I had to salvage things a bit wonkily. Let's cover this now then. :)

I like your idea. Should probably be a bone that she can't just ignore, nor be too vital like a rib, so... I'd suggest cracking her femur. She wouldn't be able to ignore that, even by flying, and with all the muscle, the bone shard shouldn't be able to travel too far if she'd not doing something dumb. Though it would likely cause a lot of pain wriggling around in there if she tried walking too much.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:
8 hours ago, Widdershins said:

So I’ll get on to replies, I swear, but first...

@Catpone Cerberus?

Permission to go Wild?

I’ve been holding back on you. And that ain’t fair.

Go ahead.

Words spoken moments before disaster. I weep for us all. :D

• Brohoof 2

@FanOfManyShows

Seems like you forgot that we ran with the Element of Deceit. Y'know, the one that Emerald wanted, and that Sapphire is currently still stuck in, until you decide we move it to evening? :) We should probably get this sorted before we move too far along, eh? :)

@Widdershins @Catpone Cerberus

Whoops, didn't even see the post you two had going around the 11'th. O.o Real sorry about that. :(

If you want a target that's the sort you'd have to deal with with some degree of effort, I could do that, and have it include some initiate cat-napping. I do have a character I have eluded to vaguely before that I could use that would not be as simple as a little snap of the claw to defeat. I'd just have to push the start of her story along myself, and that shouldn't be much of an issue. :)

As for my dragon description, I base some of what I say about lava towards basic elemental strategy, and in regards to Spike, he is really more of a Fire Dragon variant if anything, which would make him initially more resistant to fire regardless of where he grew up. Just look at his magical flame, as an example of his likely affinity. And the belly of a dragon is in many stories their weak point, as the scales tend to be less hard. Figured it made them softer and squisher.

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins @Catpone Cerberus

Whoops, didn't even see the post you two had going around the 11'th. O.o Real sorry about that. :(

If you want a target that's the sort you'd have to deal with with some degree of effort, I could do that, and have it include some initiate cat-napping. I do have a character I have eluded to vaguely before that I could use that would not be as simple as a little snap of the claw to defeat. I'd just have to push the start of her story along myself, and that shouldn't be much of an issue. :)

As for my dragon description, I base some of what I say about lava towards basic elemental strategy, and in regards to Spike, he is really more of a Fire Dragon variant if anything, which would make him initially more resistant to fire regardless of where he grew up. Just look at his magical flame, as an example of his likely affinity. And the belly of a dragon is in many stories their weak point, as the scales tend to be less hard. Figured it made them softer and squisher.

It's really up to @Widdershins because I'm fine with anything as long as there's enough content for me to come up wit replies.

Also one question regarding Nada, it is Serenade that came in right? I just want to make sure since she was controlled by moonlit last time. 

(edited)

@Blitz Boom
Ya know what you're right about the fact Sapphire was inside the Element of Deceit. The reason for this element being in play is it's illusions and such, But the element Shadow Streak has to be a different one entirely since there can't be two of one element.  That scene of Opal stealing it in my first post also has to be different if we can't use that element too, it has to be a different one entirely.

I can't think of what other element would work other than the Element of Deceit basically, The renaming to Element of Lies is just me thinking it sounds cool however. I don't really like retconning but if I could make it something confusing within the story itself that has to be a mystery to be solved could also be fun, But for now, Warlock's blurry senses and Astral mistaking the element for another can be explained I'm sure.

This will mean I may postpone replying until us two can figure out a feasible explanation in the story.

Edited by FanOfManyShows

@Catpone Cerberus

No, it's Ziggy. I don't take over another person's OC, but since @Moonlit have vanished without a trace, and have not been on for nearly two months, I figured I'd have her come back, so that nada had someone to talk to that, y'know, actually talked. I considered pushing time forth further and have Berry there, but she is currently in something that I don't know what the repercussions of will be. Until I do, I have to be a little patient, so... Ziggy's back. :)

===================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Deceit could just be another name for Betrayal. Stabbing someone in the back sounds like a deceitful act to me at least, and it could fit better in with the story between Emerald and Sapphire. Betrayal broke them apart, rather than Lies, which makes more sense as they've been pretty honest to one another so far about thinks. Not too hard to make that fit I'd say, and it's not like we had Betrayal in play anyway up until now, far as I know.

As for the rename... Well, Emerald wouldn't like using something called Betrayal, as it sounds like she's the one who were wrong back when they fought, and she still thinks that Emerald did more of that than her. So going by another name, which were perhaps not the most commonly used, but still were a fitting moniker, would certainly be something she'd be partial towards doing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

o, it's Ziggy. I don't take over another person's OC, but since @Moonlit have vanished without a trace, and have not been on for nearly two months, I figured I'd have her come back, so that nada had someone to talk to that, y'know, actually talked. I considered pushing time forth further and have Berry there, but she is currently in something that I don't know what the repercussions of will be. Until I do, I have to be a little patient, so... Ziggy's back.

can you remind me at what point did Ziggy and Nada meet (if they did?) I have trouble remembering names of character from earlier from the rp and thus don't really remember who she was :please: 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
added )

@Catpone Cerberus

bWkyzUy.png

Doc *Ziggy* Zinger.

Far as I can recall, she knows of Nada too, since this over-sized zebra/pegasus hybrid takes residence along with Serenade, and are the *owner* of Fah'lina. The mimic that Agni hates. She went with Serenade on a trip to see the siren's family, which left the house for Nada to hide in for a while, but again, Moonlit is gone, so I'm bringing her back and just hiding it behind Serenade needing some family time on her own for a bit.

She's a doctor, about a head taller than most ponies, and wears frames without glasses in them. She's also a die heart hugger, and contains enough joy to overfeed a medium-sized Changeling colony. A bit too far maybe, but still, just putting these things here as a reminder, in case. :)

Then again... Been looking through pages now, and I can't find anything about them meeting up until now. I think I mixed her and Berry together in my head, so this is gonna be a... Peculiar situation that Nada's gonna be faced with. Whoopsie.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Then again... Been looking through pages now, and I can't find anything about them meeting up until now. I think I mixed her and Berry together in my head, so this is gonna be a... Peculiar situation that Nada's gonna be faced with. Whoopsie.

Now that you mentioned about her, I do remember the name, but yes, I don't think Nada and she have actually met before, so until there's picture of her in the house somewhere, Nada has never even seen her, so she will have a small heart attack from the new visitor :P 

@Widdershins
Just in case my previous playing or other mentions didn't make it clear (I don't remember what I have said and what not) Cerberus as character is similar to your Widdershins, the biggest differences being that he's a cat pony and that he isn't aware of his relationship to me (the narrator), and thus just sees everything being oddly convenient.

The reason I'm saying this is to inform that similar things to the start of my latest response may appear in the future too, but it won't be as frequent as it is for Widdershins. 

• 2 weeks later...

Minor, unfortunate update: I won't be able to post saturday. Helping my dad move, so not a whole lot of energy or time left tomorrow, unfortunately. I'll be back at it Monday again. :) Have a good weekend all.

• Brohoof 1

Managed to sneak in a half hours break, and since there were only 3 to respond to, I just managed to scrape one in. Hope it's fine.

================================

@Widdershins

Hope o see you again soon here mate, though I know you are busy. Some folks like @Pastel Heart likely miss you. :)

And Pastel, feel fre to still post if it is, and I can make up some filler no problem. Don't wanna keep you in long limbo if you wanna RP. ^_^