Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

So, uh, @Blitz Boom

I did intend for Monolith to help the constable colt. Draw that line that the tired policeman would want terse, direct to the point answers and Mono can be the most honest and descriptive. I want more focus put on him, if but temporary, to show the part that he's only intimidating because he's fully unaware of how to be anything but blunt. A sort of Maud personality. It's kind of why I designed him to have lucked into the beauty end of the side effects of taking a ponyform. I wanted to try pulling him off in a social situation because he's the sort to not see why you'd talk to him outside of direct question-answer.

But I don't know How to integrate him further.

@Widdershins

Darn it. I should've seen this in advance. -,-'

Issue with Monolith, is that I really have no idea what to do with him. The way he speaks makes him hard to comprehend for most of my chars, his lack of personality makes them unwilling to mingle, and whilst Scarcity might attempt to poke him some and see what were what, that is really all I can think of here.

Hmm...

Okay, two options then. Either she will talk with him, or I will have her direct some of the ponies there to perhaps go and find the last brother (can't remember his name anymore) and he can take off with Alonsus. Perhaps the overabundance of personality will be a good contrast to Monolith's lack thereof?

That, or the fillies shows up, and they can pester him. Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

So, uh, @Blitz Boom? I have an RP question!

I get alot of that "Blank doesn't really understand what [my character] is going on about, so they continue on with what they were doing" bit. Like, I know my characters prattle on a fair bit, but I feel I kinda have to. There's that touch of madness in an eccentric character that you know I like, so I have to put out a lot of what I think gets across that personality I'm trying to portray. Not to mention that happens when its my characters thing that they have issues coping with their own viewpoints; they spend alot of time listening more to themselves than others and that's certainly what i'm playing up in in the Cephalli family. (I forget, I don't think I've had them actually say out loud what their "Last Name" is?)

So, I know I might give out too much, and wind up giving others nothing understandable enough to respond to, but... in short...

Is it just me or am I getting ignored?

@Widdershins 

I don't usually see you get ignored really. I setup things, and in the case of where the others are now, Shortstack for example have gotten a lot of attention that he haven't responded to yet. As have the... Leadery type of them (can't remember his name). Sunny is outside and last mentioned, were being handled by her own, and both the ones you still have in town are getting far from ignored. In fact, they're currently being directly addressed, and have been throughout their travel around the place. Why, one even had to explain why a certain question were inappropriate towards him, after having mushrooms eaten from his wings. A certain someone who were dealing with fillies, whom doesn't exactly get the whole way he acts and speaks due to their age. And yet there is now an adult present who might get it. Convenient, yes? :)

Personally, I sometimes have to ignore certain things for the sake of the flow, or in the case of Monolith, because I really have no idea what to respond to one with, whom stands around and doesn't do much else than speak once in a while, yet others lumbers around like a statue. I don't really get a personality to bounce off from there, like I have with the others. Though as mentioned previously, I have set up some scenarios where he can begin to interact, and we can see if something comes forth. I still need your input on that however, as I can't force it through.

Could you provide some sort of example where you think you're being ignored? Because currently, the only one that's happening to in some fashion are Monolith, and that's partially because the way he's been portrayed before you mentioned it here in the OOC (and with his behavior so far in the RP itself) it seemed like you very distinctively wanted him to be in the background, whilst pushing forth others, such as Shortstack, who seems like he needs to have some attention, to avoid him blowing up and kicking someone.

Hard.

And for the record, him and the... Leadery lad are still getting addressed, but when Sekel came in with some input, I had to respond to that, and that included both sisters. It is but a minor detour, to fill in space between your posts.

• Brohoof 1

I'm having Shortstack back off for now, now that he's had his explosive debut covered. Have him potentially bounce off of Chop as a stern sort who wouldn't accept much sass. Because that's primarily what i'm doing here, is exploring personality by having numerous characters all respond simultaneously. Like Sunny is in the room right now positioned far enough back where she can likely hear SS, but not Blither as well.

It's like what happened with Cerberus. I pepper out half a dozen minutia that could be something the opposite side can comment on... but its not really pertinent to the situation so it can't be addressed. Slimpsy is aware that fillies likely don't have as much risk assesment as he's trying to get across, but he's going to anyway as he is a Death-focused stallion, to a comedic degree.

Does "give who i'm rping with something to do" take a backseat to "this is what my character would do?"

@Widdershins

If you want Chop to really get into Shortstack's grill at some point, have the later of 'em go after Stare somehow, even if only verbally. Chop will not take that idly. :) Beyond that, he is indeed rather no nonsense. Former military man who's running his life on some pretty strict guidelines in the last few years, to keep himself off the bottle. Makes for a somewhat no nonsense, gruff pony in my mind at least, depending on who he's around. His friends and loved ones, he can open up to a bit more. Random strangers causing a ruckus? Not so much. :)

As for Slipmsy, he now have an adult that can understand him, who also have an extra layer of uncertainty here about a crazed individual hanging around his only daughter. He's gonna react on these sort of outbursts, tired to the bone or not.

I really should let him get some sleep one of these days. xD

• Brohoof 1

Chloroform is good for that.

There's reason i don't give you access to random chemicals. No one gift us a chemistry set!

You know Blitzie, You have such a realistic, if indeed, Gritty take on character development. Not that I disparge you of that. Indeed, I have my own Zombie Butcher Stallion. And that's not even counting the mare who had her dead brain transplanted into a full robotic body!

But this is a rather unrealistic world. Nopony holds grudges or biases. That long of a memory would interfere with the episodic nature of this world. Your hometown could get whiped off the map, and it'd all be fine by the next week!  ......I assume, of course, that Reconstruction Crews are absolute well-payed wizzards* here.

I kinda wanna find some way of playing with your Grrritty natures... but alas, I can only annoy with my eccentricities! 

*I read Terry Prattchet's Discworld. I can only spell it Wizzard. 

(edited)

@Widdershins

Most of the RP I did before this were quite a bit more serious and uhm... A ton more bloody, honestly. Bleak oftentimes too, so some of my chars have that bleeding over. Also I constantly go by previous experiences causing them to be like they are now. It helps to add some character, and define their personality. Like, Chop is a bit grim and gritty, due to his former alcohol problems, military training, and wounds that a good deal doesn't find too pleasant to look at.

Meanwhile, one like Sorrow have been raised to not fear death, but see it as a normal part of the cycle, that sometimes needs some help pushing it along. Which makes her more carefree, very open about things, and have a caring nature towards the poor things who can't pass along.

And then there's those like Blitz and Anomaly who're just crazy. :) Crazy is good sometimes.

Oh right, and for the record, just because one is gritty, does not mean they have no joy in life. Chop have his hobbies, and things that makes him happy. Perhaps if you're lucky you'll pick up on one of those things. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

Sadly gonna have to inform you all that I won't be able to respond today. After work I have a doctor's appointment, new bed coming in, and then I've been dragged into helping some friends for the evening, leaving me with basically no time to write. :(

I'll be back Saturday.

@Pastel Heart

Was that a Shadows out of Innsmouth reference?! Maybe that was an extension of the Ponyfinder roleplay game stuff?! But then again, I kind of doubt fish-people work well in a pony setting. I love the shtick you do!

but he'd seen weirder than that in his day. Most folks wouldn't believe the sort of things that came out of the ocean sometimes, 

Ooh! And the stories I can tell there! I got me a boatload of aquatic OCs!

Oh, and I don't mean to seem like I'm not addressing you in the rp, Pastel. I just figure the cheif of police there might be better to address first. I'm kind of counting on the fillies trying to convince Slimpsy to give in and go back to his fammily. While the adult here catches on that there's magic involved here too.

@Widdershins I'm actually a pretty big Lovecraft fan! Surprised~? I haven't played any of the tabletop games but I'd like to :3 Pastel reads books she probably shouldn't~

And it's fine! Pastel is just kinda trying to get Slimpsy to loosen up a bit, and teasing is the only way she knows how to do that cos nothing else has worked so far, nyaha 

Sorry, been quite Sick these past few days. I'll see about catching up on my next day off, tomorrow.

Wow! Think I got lost on Mentions here Hope I didn't miss much anything important! Didn't see you tag me back, @Pastel Heart!

Oh bosh, there's more to Lovecraft than tabletopRPGs! And in that world, it generally tends to be more obvious what books you shouldn't read. Granted, the Necronomicon was out in most libraries for anyhuman to find, but I'm guessing that was a strictly "leave in its display case" sort of deal.

@Widdershins

Sorry to read you're sick mate. :( Hope you get better soon. :D

Just adding while I remember it: Pushing varied groups towards Sloppy Joe's to deal with Slit (think I got the name right this time) since he's too fast for any of my current chars to catch him. One more reason why I'm trying to hose him down with a big dosage of essentially powdered tranquilizers. If it works or not though, is up to you. He's a wonky sort after all, so no way for me to know. I just have what the chars would usually do to work with, and then try to work with the consequences.

Except for Chippy.  He's gonna be sulking in his cabinet for a while. :)

And regarding Lovecraftian horrors: I like it, but it's real weird to write in. I could imagine something eldritch looking might surface at some point though, if things goes weird. If for no other reason, because Anomaly made one. or changed another into it. I did actually have her work with one that liked being changed into something else by her so... Hmmm... I need to think over this actually.

Anyway, C'thuluhulahoop, or whatever will come from your side, Widders, better not eat the world. I keep all my stuff there! :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Firstly, sorry for being bit inactive for some time, I haven't been on my best mood lately and will post this weekend, either tomorrow or later today...anyway, that aside I had an Idea I want your opinion on.

I was thinking of adding a character to the Ruby's storyline, I don't know when or how he would come in, but he would be similar to Agni and Fah'lina in how he 'plays', as in, he wouldn't have written dialogue. He would bring out more of the Ruby's "soft side" that would come less from her personality and more from part of her nature (part of nature that most creatures have), he could also help Ruby and Leviathan to become closer.

There's no pictures made of him nor any written information, because he was just a character I created for RP that died quickly before it really even took off, but I can give the basic information.

@Blitz Boom

Technically, no. What Flit has is agility.

Slimpsy is speed. Flit just specced for Dodge & Resilience. Like sprinters versus long runs. Like for example, Flit can zip around a room like the insects he's loosely themed after, but he couldn't build up enough wingpower to manage clearing clouds for a Weather Team or flying across even the other side of Ponyville. Any long flights, he pretty much has to alight on other passing by, flying pegusai or just do it in short hops. He IS a lightweight after all, and being too light for flight also has issues. For these are, after all, fabricated bodies.

Don't forget you're dealing with a Hydra here. That's my headcannon that hydra biology uses up so much energy to not only power a huge hulk of a body, but almost faultless Regeneration powers that a hydra can't be poisoned on account of it being almost a literal black hole. Like, I theorize that hydras don't even leave waste products. They can't afford to; they break what they consume down to atomical levels to take every last bit of energy available. Which is why hydras are also an endangered species. They can quite literally eat an entire ecosystem down to even the dirt & air. They grow like a forest and are only contained by the limits of what they can reach. Which is why a natural hydra takes the natural approach that when it grows too many heads, it eats them down to have less competition from itself. 

Short of it there, you can't poison a hydra.

Unless it was, like, a purely magical poison/curse. To where it would still have affects even if digested fully, like nailing  a piece of metal to a tree. It grows around said metal, but its still there hurting the tree. Potentially more fatal that way.

But I think I digressed in theory there. Any actual pegasus with a lifetime of getting used to flying would beat Fleet easy there."Quick" and "Fast" are two different things. Essentially, its like swatting a fly your usual flying insect. It's not that Flit is good at flight, he's just good at being a flitting nuisance. He's spent countless decades being pelted by thigns from Shortstack, so projectiles he knows. Pushing him over, pinning him down, whacking him with a broom once he's alighted on the ground, anything physical should do it. 

Besides, I just had him swallow the wooden mug too. That should pretty much be an In-Thread show that chemical means do nothing to a hydra. 

Oh, and side notes: Flit, Slimpsy & Monolith are most likely to spill the beans about being a hydra. Sunny Flush has too much honor & honesty to go back on a brother's promise, Shortstack doesn't trust anyone anyhow to tell the truth & Blither was the one that made them all promise in the first place. Monolith can't fathom a lie being necessary in any circumstance, Flit outright does not care & Slimpsy would rat out anyone if it meant saving his own hide.

Honestly, they're all kind of different takes both on their functional Immortality and that none of them knew their parents. Slimpsy is aware he can't actually die, but knows it hurts and wants to avoid pain at all costs. Flit is taking for all its worth while he's here. Mono has numbed to experience and is a passive observer to life. Blither's here to amass knowlege and specific experience. Sunny is a more altruistic present-focused care for what's around her. Shortstack sees no life outside of confrontation & proving himself.

Basically, deep down, every head of this hydra knows it shouldn't exist.

They have issues connecting & trusting others.

Which is why i'm going to have them go beserk and trample the town once they burst the building their in on reformation. Requiring several ponies to counter their self-defeating mindsets.

... Yes, this is how I self-diagnose. Hydrasona!

@Widdershins

Sorry for not responding. Last few days have been... Something.

Anyway, I stand corrected on speed vs agility, and I do like your head cannon about hydras recycling basically all energy, and not being able to be poisoned. Really just means I gotta put even more faith in Monolith. xD That, or find a way to surprise him with a whack of a broom. Perhaps if several went after him at once, from many angles... Hmm, will have to make eeeeevil plans...

The stuff at the store isn't magical. All natural, plant based sleeping aid. if they used magical stuff it would likely break a lot of health and safety violations.

As for the mug, I thought the post said he just swallowed what was inside of it, after going full on around the mug with his muzzle. Missed the length he went too. My bad on that one,and I'll keep in mind in the future that he can go quite a bit beyond what I thought possible at first.

As for the rampage... Pleeeease don't destroy too much of the town. Or at least try not to eat anyone. xD Or not too many at least. I have contingency plans, but what're the fun in them if you end up gobbling up three dozens or so? That'd be hard to defend, and we'd have to try and make a hydra on a spit roast. I imagine there's not enough deep information on hydras for folks to know that that isn't technically possible.

Remember: For every action, there is a perfectly weird, and often unequal, chaotic reaction. Something like that.

Basically I'm trying my darnest to not have you kill every character in this RP! Sometimes that seems harder than others. xD