Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Handsome Changeling

That's sorted then. :) Also, worked with a creator program, and managed to make a visual for the one you'll be playing with. I present: Queen Cheshire.

iD3emJR.png

A smaller, nimble queen, who despite being legally allowed to go around as a changeling, tends to put on this more regular equine form when she interacts with others, to avoid uncomfortable moments.

Would you like to start the setting, or should I, when it is? If I start, it will most definitely take place in Las Pegasus, in the theater that Cheshire and her hive lives in. If you do it, it can be wherever, and she could just stumble upon the setting. Don't be fooled by her looks. She's surprisingly stealthy, and tends to like stalking others at times and pull a few harmless, hidden pranks just for fun.

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Handsome Changeling

That's sorted then. :) Also, worked with a creator program, and managed to make a visual for the one you'll be playing with. I present: Queen Cheshire.

iD3emJR.png

A smaller, nimble queen, who despite being legally allowed to go around as a changeling, tends to put on this more regular equine form when she interacts with others, to avoid uncomfortable moments.

Would you like to start the setting, or should I, when it is? If I start, it will most definitely take place in Las Pegasus, in the theater that Cheshire and her hive lives in. If you do it, it can be wherever, and she could just stumble upon the setting. Don't be fooled by her looks. She's surprisingly stealthy, and tends to like stalking others at times and pull a few harmless, hidden pranks just for fun.

Well your start does seem to fit the bill I desired too, starting in Las Pegasus is obviously a better option

@Handsome Changeling

Excuse the cheese musical lyrics, but well, what came to mind. :P Enjoy, and if you want an in, there are dark spots in the ceiling, and down where the audience is supposed to seat near the back, that aren't properly lit right now that Void can hide in. :)

===============================================

@Catpone Cerberus

I will get your responses done soon mate. Just really gotta catch a bus, and time ran away from me. I will make 'em whilst it is driving. :)

• Brohoof 2

@Catpone Cerberus

Sorry for another of these, but gonna ride the bus home again today, and ran out of time. I could keep some on the phone, but at times, it can just refresh a page if I am not on it a lot, and that'd more than likely make me lose what I had written already, hence the need for me to post what I had thus far.

Before the day is done, I'll have yours editted in though. Promise. :)

• Brohoof 1

The crowd of black pony figures are actually the ponies who are just like Sandy and Wine, foolish enough to stay in the obviously haunted place. They had the same eye color of Autumn's. They were formed out of hatred and the feeling of betrayal. 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Windy Breeze

So they're possessed ? Man, this is one angry spirit. O.o Can't wait to see where this is going. ^_^

Yes. If they made too much contact with ectoplasms, they will slowly start turning into one of them. Symptoms are short temper, sudden burst of anger, and uncontrollable rage. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 5:34 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Widdershins

I'm sorta confused to, but it kinda looks like from the fifth or sixth paragraph, that Silverwing were kinda build around the old myths about aliens descending and helping the Mayans, Egyptians and that sorta thing? Also something about him being the glue that makes everything work ? It's the best I have since I have to admit, it does look mighty confusing. :/ Sorry.

One of my characters are called Anomaly. I didn't know she canonically brought in Silverwing. :P

Jesting aside, could you perhaps try and baseline things a little more? I think you're over-complicating things whilst trying to explain yourself, and it sorta muddles the waters. I know I asked for details, of course, but more saying that it seems as if some of those details requires some insight to things you have previously done, which we do not have, or have been expressed somewhat curiously.

@Widdershins, @Blitz Boom,

Well it was the same group that tried to revive her, that summoned Silverwing originally.

As for the glue part, nope he doesn't hold anything together.

Time itself holds things together and all Silverwing did was play his part in it.

His three Infinite Spell Matricies became three important items for Equestria and it's allies all on history's own terms. Plus, he had a promise to keep to the being trapped inside one of the three.

The three Infinite Spell Matricies are, in order of appearance to Silverwing's Knowledge:

1. Living Spell Matrix

2. Ever Blooming Rose Spell Matrix (Which also houses his first love, Rose Luck but not the current cannon character, who is said matrix in physical form.)

3. Infinite Sphere Spell Matrix

Silverwing's essence is forever bound to the fate of the Living Spell Matrix. He can't truely know death unless this matrix is destroyed.

The three Matricies above are linked to the names of the following items.

1. Crystal Heart

2. Elements of Harmony

3. Hyppogriff Peral

Now with that done and please don't say that sense he used a spell to place these three into the past, from his point of view (1000+ years before fim s1 e1), that I am trying to make him more important than what he is. All he will need is a basic Spell Matrix to do several things.

1. Regain access to his magic

2. Permanent solution to his overloading issues

3. To know he will never be able to regain access to the power and magic he had, so long ago, held.

And his wings are a remanent effect from his original past. He lost everything when his first spell matrix technically backfired on him and turned him into the Living Spell Matrix. He is no more an Alicorn than Rarity is a Butterfly Queen in pony form, see Sonic Rainboom episode.

(Personality wise: once he opens up, he is usually friendly and outgoing. Always helpful when needed. But very protective of any who he considers like family to him. He don't make friends he makes family.

He isn't the most social of ponies most of the time, a hermit if you will. He doesn't care for much except to live life to it's fullest.

A dark secret hides within his mind that could be destructive for even him. And thus he doesn't make friends easily. (A.K.A. having used said forbidden time magic.)

He can be considered wierd for his point of view on things by most. He avoids Lyra Heartstrings like the plague. More for the fact he was once human.

What knowledge he has from when he viewed the show where he had been born again into, also keeps him from making friends. Because of the unknowns hidden behind having knowledge that actually may have or will happen. Fear is common for him. And most importantly, His original ties to raw magic and essence's past also makes him seem more than he desires to be.)

Hopefully, this helps make him more understandable.

Just ask if you need anything else about Silverwing. I have changed him allot sense I originally thought of him and discovered more about him in relation to me and my past rebirths, chain of memories stuff. If you want me to explain the chain of memories in more detail, it will have to be in PM for obvious reasons.

Also, Cacora and Silverwing were active within the RP originally back around page 240-ish on back. Cacora longer than Silverwing.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows

I don't usually control Cannon chars, since I don't know if I can do them justice. What with me not watching the show and all. Makes it hard to properly represent the actual cast. I can try though. Far as I've seen... Arrogant, powerhungry, uses others only as long as they are convenient for him, and goes through magic like I go through slush ice, aye?

That being said, if anyone else wanna take his part, and mingle with us in the RP, feel free to offer. I don't mind having some more varied interaction, and someone might find it enjoyable to play Tirek. Especially if they are afraid that I'd butcher his character, which I think I might do a little. By accident, that is.

===============================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

As said, Cacora have not represented an issue, so I have no issues with her.

Now... Am I to understand then, that his life is linked to the Crystal Heart being unbroken, and untampered with? If so, there is some degree of hold on him there one can use to keep him in line, if need be. It could also be used as a link the other way around, in which case I would ask if it were not to make more sense if you put it cultists summoning him, due to them wanting to destroy the Crystal Empire? They could have reason to do so, by being loyalists of Sombra, yearning for revenge, or thinking that perhaps if they break the crystal heart, they could remove the usurpers (Cadance and her family), and ready for Sombra's return.

We'd have to discuss the sort of body he'd return in, but if we got to an agreement there (with it being perhaps a golem made of crystal, with some minor illusion spells cast upon it to make it seem like a regular crystal pony, for example) it were arguably feasible that he could be brought there, and from there fight them off as they tried to use his link to break both him and the heart, then decide to go out on his own.

There are still a few things to discuss though, beyond that. One being a bit more details on his powers, and the second being why he'd be in a human dimension. In particular, the one we're from, where it goes that he have watched the show. This is where the issue of self inserts can be problematic, as if it were a world where this were not a show per se, there wouldn't be as much of an issue trying to make it all work. It also hampers things some, when the one going there, is one self, rather than merely a character, that represents certain aspects of yourself.

Could I perhaps ask for a few details on why it would have to be you, represented in the RP, and not a random human, from a world that had never seen this show, which would though again, still lead to questions as to how he had ever had a connection to this realm. If his powers were connected there, then logic would dictate that he'd either be:

Stuck there, even if he reincarnated.

Or that he were forced through the gate leading to the Equestria Girls world, which at least makes some degree of sense, though it'd still bring up questions regarding how said connection have not caused issues with him away from the world in question.

I am not saying this isn't possible to get sorted, and what you wrote this time were a good deal easier to understand (thank you for that, by the way) but there's still some potential pitfalls where either we, or you, would be written into a corner. So just trying to have everything sorted and on a level field. :)

Also, sorry for the late reply. The heat is messing with me, and overtime at work during tourist season is not helping either. Bit fried upstairs these days.

Edited by Blitz Boom

(edited)

Ignore this. Managing to make a post today after all, making the apology and explanation of a delay moot. Just need the last one done, and you should be sated for the next few days. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, Blitz Boom said:

@FanOfManyShows

@Midnight_Aurora

As said, Cacora have not represented an issue, so I have no issues with her.

Now... Am I to understand then, that his life is linked to the Crystal Heart being unbroken, and untampered with? If so, there is some degree of hold on him there one can use to keep him in line, if need be. It could also be used as a link the other way around, in which case I would ask if it were not to make more sense if you put it cultists summoning him, due to them wanting to destroy the Crystal Empire? They could have reason to do so, by being loyalists of Sombra, yearning for revenge, or thinking that perhaps if they break the crystal heart, they could remove the usurpers (Cadance and her family), and ready for Sombra's return.

We'd have to discuss the sort of body he'd return in, but if we got to an agreement there (with it being perhaps a golem made of crystal, with some minor illusion spells cast upon it to make it seem like a regular crystal pony, for example) it were arguably feasible that he could be brought there, and from there fight them off as they tried to use his link to break both him and the heart, then decide to go out on his own.

There are still a few things to discuss though, beyond that. One being a bit more details on his powers, and the second being why he'd be in a human dimension. In particular, the one we're from, where it goes that he have watched the show. This is where the issue of self inserts can be problematic, as if it were a world where this were not a show per se, there wouldn't be as much of an issue trying to make it all work. It also hampers things some, when the one going there, is one self, rather than merely a character, that represents certain aspects of yourself.

Could I perhaps ask for a few details on why it would have to be you, represented in the RP, and not a random human, from a world that had never seen this show, which would though again, still lead to questions as to how he had ever had a connection to this realm. If his powers were connected there, then logic would dictate that he'd either be:

Stuck there, even if he reincarnated.

Or that he were forced through the gate leading to the Equestria Girls world, which at least makes some degree of sense, though it'd still bring up questions regarding how said connection have not caused issues with him away from the world in question.

I am not saying this isn't possible to get sorted, and what you wrote this time were a good deal easier to understand (thank you for that, by the way) but there's still some potential pitfalls where either we, or you, would be written into a corner. So just trying to have everything sorted and on a level field. :)

Also, sorry for the late reply. The heat is messing with me, and overtime at work during tourist season is not helping either. Bit fried upstairs these days.

To answer that, I would have to delve a bit into Philosophy and Mythology, aka The Chain of Memories and the Cycle of Rebirth. And I wouldn't desire that in an OOC that is meant for the RP. But I can give this:

All beings follow one particular way of existing, Learning lessons of all kinds.

For this, one's core essence or soul is what I am refering to. The chain of memories is an amalgamation of all the past existences that the soul has had. Each containing a certain amount of lessons, to which the soul has learned inorder for it to develop and grow, becoming more than it was. The form given for Silverwing isn't just a random form, as his return to a magical capable world awakens the magical energy of his soul, once again, to physical being. The direct connection to the Crystal Heart wasn't actually the main focus as a limiter. Silverwing discovered something, about what he was either given or had gained in some way. The three spell Matricies that he either had within or gained were all, in and of themselves, connected. Together, these spell matricies held a way to access infinite magical potential, something no single being should have. That's why the three spell matricies are called, as a whole, the infinite spell matrix.

The spell matricies held one of three aspects of all magic.

1. The Infinite Sphere Spell Matrix held the aspect of form for all spells.

2. The Everblooming Rose Spell Matrix held the aspect representing the infinite potential of combinations to modify and create spells, or the knowledge of spell components. That which makes up a spell.

2. The Living Spell Matrix held the Aspect representing the very flow and infinite energy required to power these spells.

So, with this Silverwing discovered the infinite potential of all spell matricies and had thought of what would happen if such knowledge and power were to fall into the wrong hooves, so to speak.

Silverwing's use of the forbidden time magic had severed his direct connection to these spell matricies that's why his unicorn reborn form can't use magic until he aquires again the knowledge of them. But hidden somewhere within his being is the knowledge of how to destroy any one of the Matricies belonging to this group.

Now on the note of why he wasn't reborn in a version of Equestria, that's simple. His essence isn't bound to one single world or place. This goes into the previously mentioned two topics of Mythology and Philosophy/Religious Belief. His essence had lessons to learn that could only be learned on a world completely locked off from, even the potential of, magic. He was reborn to said world via the only access point capable of this, the astral.

Also, to this world, the show is just that. And the world itself doesn't even directly exist within the normal bounds of one dimension.

On that note, a soul isn't bound to just one place. It can be born anywhere life can even potentially exist, even another dimension or universe.

As a final point of note, while he is me as a character, I wasn't going to play him as me directly. I was going to play him as the character a shadow who plays would play. That's why I added in the flaw of fear of what may know to be futuristic to the world.

On another note, as his forced rebirth by being summoned is finalized he will lose the memory of his only world. Unless a force beyond himself needed him to be aware of things.

I left so much for you, the GM to decide on that's why his state of being is unstable.

Now onto the abilities he has. Silverwing's abilities and skills are as follows:

1. Creative Casting or Spell Weaving. This is both a benefit and a detriment. His Spell casting ability is only limited by the availability of things to allow him to get creative with spells. However, the downside is he can't use his horn as a direct forming focus for spells, except as a component to the flow of energy needed to cast said spell. He will require a means to form the spell physically, as his mind will not be able to directly form the image needed for a single specific spell. His mind will always have several spells created within based on a single set of components available.

Example: give him the knowledge of the components needed to create a spell and he will create spells, like a seamstress weaves and makes clothing.

2. Skill: Multi-tasking. Self explanatory.

3. Skill: creative adaptation. He will be able to adapt to a situation given a small window of time to think about what's happening around him.

4. Spell Matrix Mastery. His ability to utilize a spell matrix as a focus for creating/weaving spells is just under that of Twilight's mastery of magic in general. However, his horn is rendered useless except as a means to channel power into his spells, and the rate to which he cam channel power into his spells and how much power is limited, like all Unicorns.

5. Jack of all, Master of none. He doesn't have a true special purpose. That's why his cutiemark is just an image of a pony shaped spell matrix. It's a mark of a mark. He is capable of learning to do anything he puts his mind to, but can never truely master a given skill set completely. Only one exception, Spell Matrix Mastery.

5. His knowledge and capability with flight is a magical gift and a mark of his greatest achievement and first failure. His first spell matrix was the cause of this. This has left the form marked, by making permanent a spell that was beyond the spell matrix's ability to hold. And while he no longer has the matrix itself, it's mark will never be gone from him. He has never actually applied the knowledge and thus can't currently go beyond basic understanding of flight theory. He still needs to learn to apply his knowledge of flight. And even then he will only ever be a basic flier.

That's his powers. If more details are needed. Just let me know what needs explaining and I will do my best to enlighten you.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

That was terrible.

...What?

And you say I push the limit with bad joke tastes sometimes!

That's entirely in character! A literal interpretation of what was said before! Entirely within reason of portrayal of an emotionally, brutally honest personality! 

Besides, I sprinkled in an awful lot of jokes there! Really liked that unintentional one you got in there, @Blitz Boom! I do suppose all Equestrians have a "Stable Income!" TeeHee!

BECAUSE THEY HORSES!!!

Thankyouforthat.

Sorry it took me a...sigh, half a month to respond. Sorry if I kept anyone around waiting for too long, don't mean to keep you in the dark, @Pastel Heart! Been wanting to try and incorporate you a bit more into things! I've just b-been.... um... just awfully scared as of late. Things is troubled lately as you all know.

Can't remember how long this event has been going on for. Sigh.

Oh, uh! Been wanting to ask, have you responded yet to the setting between Dawn Streak & Kaltrop yet, @Sekel? I need to try and catch up to things more!

• 2 weeks later...

@Sekel

Enjoy a little horror. :3 Why? Well, why not? :P In my case, it's pure entertainment, and will leave the princess with a fun dilemma of potentially inducing a rather brutal, yet kind mercy upon another creature.

...Also, it just popped into my head when I were trying to think of forest monsters, so... There ya go. :D 

==================================================================

@Widdershins

Weren't sure what to do with Slimpsy so... Attempting to lure him to the meeting spot, so we can get the hydra gathered up. :) We'll see if it works.

(Also, did not see the Staple Income joke before. The puns, it makes me chuckle more than I cared to admit. xD)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so a few things!

So @Sekel, I'm still putting in that Shortstack is behaving uncharacteristly vulnerable right now. To give you a sort of avenue in to interact with the rest of the family too.

Oh, and @Blitz Boom? Kluge Town was the port in the movie. Notable for two things. One, that it was mostly inhabited by rather more anthropomorphic creatures like fishmen and... well, Furries. Capper is very clearly a Furry. Secondly... likely one of the more darker areas of Equestria. A shady port town where they'll sell anything of dubious quality. In the movie, passing vendors were offering to sell the group unicorn horns..... a dismembered part of a sentient race in this world... to a group that had several unicorns in it. 

In Kluge Town, they do whatever gets them money. Something I feel Scarcity would greatly know about.... both as a place for "Contacts" and likely a source of many shoddy forgeries. 

Kluge Town I hold as a town of rogues & cutthroats where my hydra, Gallimaufry, was welcome for for a good while even in his regular form because no one asked questions they couldn't get without holding a knife up to someone. Sure, maybe hydra flesh sells well for its regenerative qualities... but I imagine most who live in Kluge Town get used to getting knifed.

My point is, Kluge Town is a great place to get some more... outlandish things to derive from. I wanted a naga-sona too, so was a good a place as any!!

And also, you seem to appreciate somewheres that might be a bit seedy, unwelcoming to most ponies, and steered a bit more towards ulterior motives. ... and if nothing else, pretty sure its a good place to buy bomb parts from!!

@Widdershins

I should have looked into that before posting then, but were one of the days I were busy getting something out before work. I'll keep the information in mind. :)

Though, I doubt Scarcity would personally interact with anyone in that town, if they trade in stuff like unicorn horns. She have some degree of standards, and would have that place dealt with by underlings, rather than soil her hooves in a place where the mere notion of standards, are a laughable offense. I could simply have it explained away so far, by her middle contact being one who used another name for the town. Perhaps something in draconian. That might function.

This is mostly explaining away things, but I can make it work, and have her make more direct contact eventually, once she figures this part out. It will intrigue her to find out something about a town that openly had a hydra in it. Doubly so when she sees one in Ponyville eventually, and can begin tracking their path.

It sounds like Kluge Town will be one of the places were her trusted bodyguard is going to earn his paycheck. :) that's fun for the future.

Also, the only ones I have that mingles in bombs, are Molotov and Blitz, and neither of them would like that town. Second they saw a unicorn horn being sold, Blitz would run out of town, screaming, and Molotov would follow, whilst contemplating how to relatively safely (for himself) level the town. Neither of them are evil in any sort of way. Not intentionally, anyway.

Though I do likely have chars that would wander the place if it were, out of curiosity, ignorance, or lower standards. So if you wanna make use of the place eventually, we probably can.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Pastel Heart/ @Blitz Boom

I have to admit. I don't know how to deal with this situation any better than my character does.

Because I too am usually the subject of teasing or tickling, and I am Very ticklish! I tend to just collapse and squeal!

Probably worse, really. One poke and I squee. You know, like Fluttershy!

And i'm imagining other conversation topics too,

Chop: "Well, sometimes there's problems you can't deal with by punching them. Like trying to beat an alcohol dependency."

Shorstack, straining in thought: "...Did ya try punching the alcohol?"

Chop: exhausted sigh

Because, you see, Hydras don't have a concept of not being able to eat things.

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

Issue is that my chars aren't the sorts who can, nor will, just force you away. Which is why I keep trying to push Slimpsy to either get a move on via offering him that we can go off, or do stuff to try and make him do a run for it. But seeing as it seemingly just makes things stagnant, I'll push thing along tomorrow. Forcefully. *evil laughter*

And I get the feeling that Chop and Shortstack are gonna have a hard time hitting the same wavelength on things. But hey, maybe I'll make the things happening be on a larger scale, and in a sense, attempt to force the entirety of the hydra parts to come together. Can't keep staggering this along. *grins disturbingly*

• Brohoof 1