Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

If I remember right... and I don't forget much when it comes to characters...

@Catpone Cerberus You were dodging a blow form an earth elemental. Figured i'd provide an encounter and sort of becalm that fellow & an air elemental, then encase the Muffin MacGuffin to transport back to Ponyville where we can then go from there on what to do with a potentially powerful magical artificat, its origins and link that back to Widdershins and in the process remind the "fairy" that it used to be him.

But I am okay with letting it drop, if you wish!

@Sekel: We were leaving Dawn Streak's household with intent to go into town and meanwhile talking about how Kaltrop doubts that he'd have a place with the mare that raised him momentarily when his egg was given to Sunset Shimmer as a test of foalhood magic capability. Arguably, he shouldn't know that's her name, and likely has by now met his dragon mother who also didn't concern herself with the fate of her hatchling. Dragons being a more tribal, "survival of the fittest" culture.

Ambisinister "Ambie" Valence was still just helping out at the Apple families' farm. I do tend to prefer a more day-by-day social rp.

...kind of did want to rp as my Kirin -sona too.

What would you suggest, @Blitz Boom? As to where I should get back into the rp thread now?

@GingerLightning

Wait, did I miss your response?

...Oh... Ooooooh, crud. I'm so sorry Ginger. :( I'll go fix that right away.  Work's been hectic, so the focus haven't always been there. Really sorry about that.

(There, sorted)

==================================================================

@Widdershins

Uhm... I dunno. I mean, do you mean in general, or in some fashion with @Sekel and/or @Catpone Cerberus? Because if including them, then it'd likely have to be some sort of gathering, where your previous interactions were seen as not happening, or a draconequui *Well, that bored me. Let's start a new setting (SNAP!)* thing.

If you mean for example wanting to do so with me, and you want that kirin in, I would need info on said kirin, then take it from there.

Basically, need more details before I can give a proper answer. :)

==================================================================

This is more for all: Since the forum's been down most of the day, it's really messed up my RP writing schedule, so... Gonna push things a day. Which means my responses ere will come Sunday instead. A bit of a wait, I know, but the forums going down meddled it up for me. Plus, my work day tomorrow is monstrous. It fits better that I can relax, and focus on Sunday, when I don't have work. So... Apologies, but pushing the schedule back one day, so responses will come Sunday. :)

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-07-02 at 7:03 AM, Widdershins said:

@Catpone Cerberus You were dodging a blow form an earth elemental. Figured i'd provide an encounter and sort of becalm that fellow & an air elemental, then encase the Muffin MacGuffin to transport back to Ponyville where we can then go from there on what to do with a potentially powerful magical artificat, its origins and link that back to Widdershins and in the process remind the "fairy" that it used to be him.

But I am okay with letting it drop, if you wish!

Yeah, i'd say it would be good to drop it, because like I said at some point earlier, my character just doesn't fit the type of RP it is, and honestly, I have lost all inspiration for it when it comes to getting into character with it :please:

Sorry that there were no response folks but had to cover an extra shift at work, so I couldn't muster the energy. :/ I'll be back in full force, come Saturday again. Sorry for the delay. :(

@Blitz Boom

In general, really. To get back into the swing and learn how to post here more regularly. For that i'll need tips. 

Like, I'll keep goin' wif Sekel. But maybe set out again with role-playing with you to relearn how to do it.

Like we could pick back up with "Ambie" Ambisinister Valence. (I don't know if nicknames work like that; part of the first name being used. I'm just super, incredibly proud of that name. Ambisinister meaning "clumsy with both hands, Valence being a posh last name sounding that comes from a word for atomic values and essentially meaning an "Average between states" and Ambie-Valence= Ambivalent: "having alot of emotions at once. [And also a way to fit "sinister" in without being edgelord, lol]) He's my ponysona & one-third changeling, who just has enough changeling blood in him to change color, dig fast and... if he was trained super hard, maybe get into a Black, Original Changeling form. You know, as to subvert the trope of "changeling OC trying to fight against its genetic heritage" and more of a "secret lineage that grants power to the untrained."

Last I recall, I was with your Happy Hour and he was mildly suspicious about him being as pony as he claims. ... And that you were pushing to have his domineering mother & living pratfall of a father come for a visit. 

As for my Kirin-Sona... well his name is Whett Kindle and he kind of also plays into the comedically tempermental personality. (Honestly, all kirins are. I'm kind of naturally a kirin, lol!) But I don't as of yet have much written down outside of my brain, but for that...

Um, Where's the Character Entry pages on the forums now? So I can make then link one to you? They've changed how that all worked and I don't remember....

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

I've submitted after a lot of things have happened in the past month. I remember Dazzle Gleam being paired with Scarcity or one of her shy sisters when Widders did his whole pony-dragon attempt. Is there any way of reviving that without the pony-hydra mess? Because it seems like that little story has been abandoned.

Widders, I didn't want to post with Dawn because I wasn't sure what you were having Kaltrops do for the moment other than both of them leaving Dawn's home in search of their mothers. Sunset for Kaltrops even though he doesn't know it, and Dawn's mother.

• Brohoof 1

@Sekel @Widdershins

That would have been Long Stare, her only sister, yes. :) And I think we could go with that story really? Just pop in a sort of *The next day* and then just vaguely talk about how odd the day before were, while moving forward. Hydra ones can be gone then, and frog monsters too, since the shark pony either chases off, or ate them all.

And I missed you wrote WIdders, whoopsie. So... Let's see here.

I don't remember that setup at all, but sure, I can roll with that if it is, and we can just gloss over some minor mistakes if that is. :) I am not sure where char section is anymore. I figure just go front page, and look around. Gotta be here somewhere :) But you wanna use both of those in the same one then, yes? So... Ambie and Happy Hour wander about, talking further on how Ambie should be more happy about seeing family, and then they stumble upon a scene where Whett is? Old and simple, but those sorta tropes have worked for a long time for a reason.

• Brohoof 1

Long shift at work again, so sadly no post until Tuesday. Sorry this is happening more these days, but tourist season always means there's a ton to do, and shifts to cover. :( Have a good few days until then.

• Brohoof 3

@Blitz Boom Well, either or. I'm pretty sure I can't handle being two figures in the same scene.

I mean, I WAS, but i'm sure you can agree that that's tricky, yas?

But as for my Kirin persona (and that I couldn't find where that page was & no longer have a word document-thingy) Here's what I have so far!:

Whet Kindle, who runs both hot & cold, Literally.

The small kirin village was known for tempermental sorts and the Kindle family notably so. Part of the reason they moved out there in the first place was all the fresh greenery & rocky cliffs were less burnable. The constant loud bickerying by the Kindle family was one of the issues brought to the table when they decided to use the Waters of Silence. That dampening of wild emotions was something that Whet needed...

To say he's Moody is putting it mildly. He can flicker into the smoldering darkfire form in the blink of an eye and his naturally magestic Kirin beauty only makes him all the more intimidating when he flares in white-eyed, skin blackened, enflamed fury.  Though this is countered not only by the fact that Kirin aren't particularly strong magic users (I classify their abilities at aura or shamanistic school at best) but that Whet's strength is limited to collecting sticks for his campfire & that he doesn't even need to be angry to Flare Up. He will admit thathe burns through every emotion too fast for any one to have negative results. Any strong emotion makes him blackened with his dense, curly mane fluttering around him in a slight, flamelike animation.

Since the village got "cured" Whet has taken to backpacking around Equestria to find calming, natural beauty and can be found in meditating pose... with little singe  circles where he's lain.  While Whet enjoys nature, every pebble and bug sets him off his short attentions. While he values Nature's Beauty, living in it isn't his best option and he hasn't seen modern indoor living yet.

Description: Dark Olive scales arranged on his back in the usual saddle shape on kirins, and down his nose. Dark Scarlet horn (and, i guess, logically his hooves as well if its supposed to work that way?) Light Auburn fur with much darker auburn mane hair (for those of you who don't know Auburn basically means "red so dark that its basically brown, but don't call me out on that because I will attempt to impale you") that cascades down from his horn, neck and past his shoulders. He mane is an untamed fluff that slightly animates when flaring. (Likely the only reason it doesn't perpetually have twigs & leaves in it is from spastic scratching and the constant bursting into flame at will.)

(What, No! I didn't make a Kirin persona just so I could constantly, both literally & metaphorically, explode into a ball of magic fire every few minutes! It's an analogy for being eeeemotional! It's art!)

Personality:  Whet Kindle is a perpetual tourist, he's unaware and rather chill even if you can't tell how he'll respond to any given situation. Has a Californian accent, which mostly means saying "like" alot.

He a Chunky Boi, big but not muscular. Workhorse size, but none of the muscle.  He's a big supporter of Nature, but also reminds of how disgusting & violent it can be. Doesn't really consider camping as "safe."

He's most likely to be found, if not in a calm repose, embedded into a tree by his horn. Kirin horns don't really channel magic so well (and if magic required focus, Whet would be waaay down on that list!) but they are ornate & sturdy. Whet's is centered a little low on his forehead, and shaped like a thumb, so not only is it a bit bothersome but it tingles his brain when its knocked. A kirin's horn does need to be polished & worn a bit... and Whet is NOT a subtle fellow, especially when his mind is stuck on one among many things, so he does tend to charge things like a goat.  ...and then think about where his horn will be after the effect.

He's pretty & big... but a moody ditz. He's kind & friendly & helpful and all... but he's a bit rash, so don't fault him if his first plan is to use himself or other ponies as Ballistics. 

@Blitz Boom

I want to keep going with the story of Dazzle Gleam and Long Stare with Dazzle trying to figure out what happened to her parents. I know you said we can do it as a 'next day' kind of thing and set things back into place. I think Dazzle was going to stay with Long Stare at her home in Ponyville while Scarcity sent out other ponies to locate Dazzle's parents on the other side of the Everfree? I vaguely remember that being a thing.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Sekel

The Kirin looks good to me. :) Solid idea, fine details- Overall solid to me. The bursting into flames part likely means it have to be a sort of either flame resilient creature, or one who knows little better that should be offered from my side, to avoid perpetual scorch marks I have options. Two off the top of my head.

PgmRBDT.jpg

Magma Del Ray. Former researcher at the mysterious, Equestrian science town of Center Zero. She ended up in a minor... Well, not so minor accident in the lab, and due to it, got fused together with an elemental. She broke containment and ran away, once she realized she weren't being studied to help her, but rather to try and find out how to make use of her newfound abilities.

She runs hot. Literally. When she's calm and collected, she's just a little warm to the touch, but when emotions runs high, her molten core flares up, and her skins starts cracking open, with fire plumes and smoke popping out. Her hooves also tend to then get scorching warm, and potentially set things on fire. She spends most of her time away from civilization, and trying to both learn more about herself, and get better at controlling things, as she doesn't want to causer a magma eruption in the middle of a town, and hurt others.

She used to be a unicorn, but the magic she had is either completely gone, or locked down in some fashion, though she can use fire in various ways. Somehow, her glasses doesn't melt, so let's put it down to them being specially crafted, and magically enchanted against heat. She has a fondness for bubble gum, and tend to just swallow it once the flavor is out of it. She digests (AKA melts) everything she can eat, so it isn't something she really thinks about that much anymore.

Q5PZiEX.jpg

Unnamed shark, mutated into a pony by Anomaly. You've seen her before, during the Hydra saga, and she's still around town. She isn't resilient, as much as completely unaware of things, and curious of nature, so she might be the sort who'd be more than happy to hang around your Kirin, and not find his flaming up thing bad, as much as curious. She tends to hang around the forest, looking for more strange frogs to hunt too, so she'd have an easy time running into you, if it were.

Again, just two options off the top of my head.

As for you, @Sekel, I say we can just get started from there if it is. And you are correct, that is the setting. Last Stare offered her a guest bedroom, while Scarcity would look into having some look for the parents.

• Brohoof 1

Presently sleep-deprived addled and drinking a mug of tea, gestures wildly

@Blitz Boom

NOW TECKNIKALLY!!!

Shee, what I headcannon, is that Kirins, as they cannonically, in show, can flare up like that at will... is that that fire is purely Aura in magic. It doesn't actually burn, per se, like the pokemon Ponyta where if it likes ya well enough as a friend & trainer, you can ride right in the middle of its literal fire mane. Maybe, if you held their special flame on a spot, it could catch fire, like if you just threw bundles of kindling sticks at them, it'd catch fire... or light clothing, but nah. Any pony ought be able to put a hoof on a Kirin. I'm sure you've seen pics.

IF GRUHEAFGUH- *tea throat gurgles* You goin' outta ya way to have a flame retardant pony just for lil' ol' me, then dont you worry! It'll be fiiiiine! Draconequus Promiseequus!

The crux of this character is to NOT be slinging fire all over or be causing structural damage all easy like! That's my OTHER character list!! You'll know them when ya see them! Which reminds me, ask me if you ever need a zombie-pony with a cleaver.... ANYWAY! 

It's an emotional, friendship roleplay I seek! And here I figured, you, Monsieur de bomb technician pony that you be, you'd appreciate a flint-skinned horse like unto myself!

AND ANOTHER THING!

~Facedesks hard~

/low mumbling

...wuts in this tea...?~

• 2 weeks later...

@Widdershins

Still waiting for a response from you. :)

================================================================

As for everyone here, I am now walking into two weeks vacation, and some of that are used sporadically visiting family. Hence my replies the next few weeks are not gonna be on a schedule, as much as when I have time for it. So worry not if it takes a few more days now and again. :)

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-08-04 at 12:04 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Ah, like that. Fair, fair. I'm still gonna stand by unnamed shark pony then, as she's very friendly. But I can add another option if you'd prefer?

Sorry, sorry... sleeps been off and thereby my focus. Been sneezing through most nights.

I don' wanna give you tha' impression I gonna go off on you if you don't keep reigns on me from wrecking everything you present to me. I do make my many characters central around the notion of mercurial or catalytic in personality. Like, basically if you give me the option of an obviously trapped chest that will result in an encounter and everybody else in the party can see that... I'll take the bait for whatever adventure we have available.

Sufficed to say, I'll take whoever you're willing to use! I'm not choosy, myself! Just under the impression your Sharkpony isn't the talkative sort on grounds that she's been created, like, in the past couple of days. As I said, I am aiming for here to be more of a social, talking RP.

...What? You jealous because he presented to you an option you hadn't prepared a mental script for? Mr. Strict-To-Narration!

Whuh- What? Me? Nooo!~

P.S: Huh, looks like Loudly up above me somehow found yet another new page on these forums to slap character info on? I am... so utterly lost how to navigate around here. I feel like such an old man immortal, heh-hee! Kind of just easier for me to write down things and repost them. Need to get me a writing program for comp

12 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Huh, looks like Loudly up above me somehow found yet another new page on these forums to slap character info on?

Thank you, Winddy Really, I love slapping my character info around without caring how they fit the story

If you don't like my character, you really should just say so.

If your surprised, then I have to ask, what were you expecting my reaction to be?

"Would you look at that, he's found another place to shove his advertisements into."

"Lol. Its funny because I'm being undermined by someone I don't know."

@Loud Opinion  

...What?

Nah, I'm just surprised there's another place to do such things. There seems to be new options all the time, and I can't keep track of how things change around here.

I haven't read anything about your character and I dunno if we've even talked before. I clicked on the linky thingie and it almost looked like a whole account on the forums rather than a typed list. I'm just confused on how technology like this works! Heh, if anything if you could teach me how you did what you did I would find it most amazing.

...You from the Blackwater thread too? Trying to work my memory here.

What, did i use the word "slap" wrong? Yeh, i'm surprised. No, I wasn't aiming for a reaction.

Hi, you must be new to me! /shakes hand awkwardly vigrously,  I use words alot. I'm sorry if any of them offended somehow!
Friends still?

@Starforce

What're we talkin' about? I am fully unaware.

You Moonglazer? ...wait, Dancer! Dancer of Moons!

...I haven't had much sleep.

3 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

I dunno if we've even talked before.

What do you mean 'even'? That's the point! We don't have any rapport. Saying I'm slapping around my character info makes me come across as impatient and self-centered. I feel like your talking past me when you elaborate on being unfamiliar with technology. Its irreverent, yet it takes up 80% of your reply.

I have no idea who you are, you can't just make insinuations like that and assume strangers are going to take it well. For all I know, you might have a chip on your shoulder. If you did have a bone to pick, and I responded positively, I would have looked like I was being passive aggressive. For all I know, you could just be trying to make me look overly aggressive by overstating your reaction. Let me make it clear: my point isn't that I assume you aren't acting in good faith. My point is that I have no reason to trust that you are.

Its a lose, lose situation. I either trust someone I've never met to be sincere, or I let you know how mean-spirited it looks.

Again, no skin off my bones. It just isn't endearing to people you haven't met.

That being said, I don't want to harp on this, so if it's still a problem we can use DM's. Maybe we can get to know each other better while we're at it.