Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

So, ah, I mentioned you in our rp entry with @Sekel (I'm sooo sorry it's taken literal months to respond! I think that was right when I was moving!) on account of involving your dragon & Pony couple too. You'll have to interject and find a way for Kaltrop and Dawn Streak to meet your characters. Ask for directions and the lot, I suppose.

See, I kind of figure its cannon that dragons run a more loose, tribal society. Most likely to counter the touchy-feely, Friendship, over-social culture ponies have where its kind of expected to "small town" know everypony. In dragon culture (a more manly culture, I might add!) its apparent that the "teenager" stage dragons are more left on their own and when they grow older and more quadrupedal, they tend to live on their own in caves and such. It's been said in the show dragons tend to come together only when their Leader directly calls every individual for something important. Like... their scales apparently count as pagers for some reason. Anyway... from this I feel I can be rightfully deduced...

Familial ties are rare. That dragons consider themselves first and if somedragon else doesn't survive then that's at most a shame in bad news. If Twilight could get an egg stolen for her to prove her magical filly prowess and no mother dragon launched an attack on Canterlot to get her egg back... its probably sufficed to say its every dragon to themselves. Like in your case, Blitz, if dragon parents heard their son was going to go off and be a blacksmith or guard in pony towns, they'd sneer at it likely but not do much more then show their disapproval by not bothering to keep in contact.

I don't intend on writing in Kaltrop's mother. He was probably one among several eggs in a clutch and the mother gave him up for lost and at most would find it neat he wound up surviving and offer no sympathy.

On the other side, he was the practice egg for Sunset Shimmer. I don't know much about her, but if she was as much a prodigy as Twilight was, she probably hatched an egg that shared her coat pattern too. And that hatchling was probably kept for a few years before she did whatever it was that got her banished by Celestia to the human world. So he would know what she looks like, but not remember her name, and she probably only remembers him as a few years project & assistant before she got banished.

I thought it was an interesting backstory plothook. I've no idea how we could incorporate Sunset Shimmer but... 

@Widdershins

I'll work the two of 'em into this. :) Worry not.

As for how you see dragon families, I personally think it varies. Benny's family for instance, is actually one that cares about one another. His mother were not an easy lady to impress, but after his father win her favor, she have become rather possessive of him, and does care for their kids as well. It just have a certain air of aloofness over it at times, due to her pride. Him and his siblings though, are like siblings are. His older sister for example, likes top swoop down on him when he flies, and push him down into a river, or some soft underlayer. Another of his older, larger brothers, tends to pick him up by the tail, and take him along, slung over his shoulder. Benny's the baby brother, so he gets treated as such, just with the added thing that dragons play rougher, as they are more hardy.

And he didn't go to proper Equestria to specifically look for a blacksmithing job. He went to meet with Pop, after they had exchanged letters for a long time. After their date where he were more or less a nervous wreck, and fumbled around at times, he went and moved to Equestria proper, to be near her. Canterlot seemed like the right place to go for finding out what sort of work there were to find, and then he got beaten out of the sky by accident, and ended up amidst the guard's training area. A lot of chatter over the whole misunderstanding later - helped that he was a pushover, giving up instantly - the former head blacksmith asked into what he knew about blacksmithing, and things just sorta evolved from that. Although these days, Benny only have 2 assistants in the main forge. They're the only two that can handle the scorching heat of the forge anymore. Though they're also somewhat crazy, so most are happy that they're sectioned off most of their time, when they're working. Means they don't have to hang around them. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

You know, Kirins really are adorable ponies. Like, more than other ponies, lol
1664098603_kirinbeer.thumb.png.b6d18c94d1a44b2169c54c78b755fcd9.pngIMG_0766.GIF.93ed7e6b8e8e5e446522019b6f17ea8c.GIFFern_Flare_ID_S8E23.png.ab5424bfc63e6f30edcc847f4bf3f0e1.png

That last stallion is pretty darn close to Whett Kindle, my OC that is. If that helps any!

Just Kirins have a bit of a nasty self-defense mechanism, they can be a bit tempermental!5ea4f844ff7597cef1e07d3cff179521.jpg.cde84dbc99c08e2654a97bec87da1e28.jpg

Hope I don't come off wrong to your character, @Blitz Boom! Maybe I can take tips from you on having "explosive" OCs! I kind of am aiming for the quirkiness of your bomb filly! I wouldn't blame Cover Up none for his alarm though~

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

If I interject with this idea, it could be pretty fun for Dazzle to meet up with both pairings of Benny and his mare (forgot her name) and Kaltrops and Dawn. She's basically proof that dragon/pony couples can succeed and be a thing. Even if she got lost and her parents are most definitely worried sick about her. Although getting Long Stare to go along with Dazzle could be a bit of a chore. Maybe a tour of the town could work and they bump into the couples talking?

@Sekel

@Widdershins

It shouldn't be an issue really. Stare doesn't mind walks. There were a time when she spend most time in her garden, peering over the bushes, but were not confident enough to approach others, but it have changed. However, she still doesn't approach a lot, since she moves so quietly, that she tends to spook others. It is a semi-common customer complaint at her job at Sloppy Joe's, but Straw wholesale ignores it, as he values his employers. Same reason the complaints regarding Chop looking scary, Alonsus being sometimes too brazen and theatrical for others to deal with, and Berry's conspiracies making some think she's crazy, is mostly dealt with by him saying "We all got a thing. Ain't harming anyone".

Besides, her sister is at the inn. Just ask her if they couldn't go and visit her, and hear if she have some clue yet as to her parents. :) They could run into the others on the street where Benny just crashed.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Sekel

@Widdershins

It shouldn't be an issue really. Stare doesn't mind walks. There were a time when she spend most time in her garden, peering over the bushes, but were not confident enough to approach others, but it have changed. However, she still doesn't approach a lot, since she moves so quietly, that she tends to spook others. It is a semi-common customer complaint at her job at Sloppy Joe's, but Straw wholesale ignores it, as he values his employers. Same reason the complaints regarding Chop looking scary, Alonsus being sometimes too brazen and theatrical for others to deal with, and Berry's conspiracies making some think she's crazy, is mostly dealt with by him saying "We all got a thing. Ain't harming anyone".

Besides, her sister is at the inn. Just ask her if they couldn't go and visit her, and hear if she have some clue yet as to her parents. :) They could run into the others on the street where Benny just crashed.

Ooooohhh what's this? Are there more stories clashing merging intertwining with each other!?... Light is curious:sneer:

@Imperium

Hey there. :) Sorry for not responding earlier, were visiting family (also the reason I haven't been responding a few days in the RP. Will start up again tomorrow, or Monday. Depends on work)

Anyway, the general way we do things, is that you come here and say hello, then show us your character profile, and then we'll see if we can't find a spot for you. :)

Will have a look soon. Hopefully tonight. As for @Kujamih, thanks for the help in guiding our new arrival through. :)

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Imperium

Hey there. :) Sorry for not responding earlier, were visiting family (also the reason I haven't been responding a few days in the RP. Will start up again tomorrow, or Monday. Depends on work)

Anyway, the general way we do things, is that you come here and say hello, then show us your character profile, and then we'll see if we can't find a spot for you. :)

Will have a look soon. Hopefully tonight. As for @Kujamih, thanks for the help in guiding our new arrival through. :)

Not a problem at all! I hope you and the family are well and all is good. :)

Total respect goes to @Kujamih For the newbie welcome.

@Imperium

Okay, that is one detailed bio. Top grades for that.

Going through a bit at a time. First off: Magic and dragons.

I am actually working under the cannon that some dragons can indeed use magic. I am classifying it though, that the normal variety, are elemental based. Like fire-aligned dragons and fire, wind aligned, etc. The four major schools being Wind, Water, Fiore, and Earth, with The various dragon subtypes (even non-magical) having certain traits more pronounced with them. Like wind aligned ones being better fliers, generally slimmer, and more aloof in nature, whilst water aligned ones are territorial, pretty emotional, have gills, and tend to keep in packs to themselves in the ocean around the Dragon Lands. Fire aligned ones are more arrogant, aggressive, and can withstand enough heat to use lava pools as pools. And of course, have stronger fire. Earth aligned ones are the ones more likely to get physically impressive, yet also tend to get wings the last, and are stubborn as all heck. It's hard to change their minds on things.

Hence, I find your idea to be an interesting variation. I currently own 2 magical dragons. One called Leviathan, who're a mixture of a water and wind aligned dragon, who refer to herself as a Storm Dragon. She uses weather magic, such as making thunder, cause hail, or cause small hurricanes. She's used to living in pony land, and have a tendency to hoard valuables. Not gold and such, but things with personal value to others. Like teddy bears, wedding rings, etc. She's currently in use with another pair of dragons, owned by @Catpone Cerberus. Maybe you could join there? Though of course, his input is important too. :) His dragons are from outside Equestria, and not connected to the Dragon Lands either, if it is of interest.

I also have one currently not in use. An earth aligned one, able to also use magic. She is more level headed, though she does not like Dragon Lands, as she have essentially been banished. In a nice way, but the message were still essentially that she shouldn't return. As a scholar, she found a sealed container in the ocean, with information of a kingdom long past, that seems to have connection to both dragons and ponies, and dragons - being prideful as they are - did not much care for her. She were kept around regardless in a specific camp, as she were useful in setting up defenses, as she's smart, but she have now been more or less, officially banished. She's annoyed by it, but she never liked the others to begin with, including her family, so she doesn't care. Frankly, she likes it better in Equestria. If you want a more one on one, that one could be useful.

Both are not much taller than ponies though. If you want a large one, I do have a friendly elder dragon, that's so large that a pony tends to be smaller than one of her smaller claws. Normally she helps around the docks in Deltrot, as she enjoys the company, but she could be on a trip. Old Gretha is what she calls herself, and she is technically banished, but mostly just from a minor disagreement with Ember. A few decades and they'll get over each other well enough to let that be in the past, and as she is several millennia, that is hardly any time for her.

If you want other tall ones, I also have a Sphinx, with mood swings towards the depressed at times.

As for alchemists, I have one zebra, and one who trained with zebras, who are both alchemists. Though that Last one is played along with @Starforce currently, so input there too. If you want to know more, just ask, of course. :)

Anyway, moving along to more stuff... 

The rest of the story is interesting, and I like it. Based on that, you get an approved sticker. :) You spelled out the powers well, and it doesn't seem overpowered, though I'd like to ask about what potential limitations there might be? Like, a limit on the magic, or some sort of overall weakness? Not gonna use it against you, just always good with some balance, right? :D

SO, what're your thoughts on things thus far? And how'd you like to get into the RP? Cause you're fully cleared in my book. :)

========================================================================

@abrony-mouse

Hey mate, you alright? Not seen you in a while, and were starting to get interesting. :)

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

First of all, allow me to say thank you very much for fully taking the time to look into my Character Sheet, along with your wonderful compliments. It truly means a lot to me that I have been awarded top grades for the Bio right off the bat. :pinkie:

In regards to elemental aligned magic dragons, that I am in agree with and follow the same path and idea as you. I followed mainly the elements of Wind, Water, Fire, and Earth upon research and mainly based on the many different colours of the mentioned creatures during the series. Which is why I mentioned in my Dragons bio that he originally started out in a Red Dragon Egg, indicating that he was supposed to have been a Fire Aligned Dragon. However, due to the Magical Storm and the lightning stuck his egg before he hatched, which absorbed the magic, it completely altered the egg, as well as the dragon itself. So now my Dragon is not a Fire Aligned dragon, but instead a Pure Magic aligned dragon due to the circumstance from his history.

From your two magical dragons, to your zebra, Elder fire dragon, Earth aligned dragon, or even Pony characters, I will be more than delighted to engage in jolly roleplay cooperation with you as well as anyone else who wish to interact with my character. The theme of my dragon revolves around the art of adapting personality wise; although showing the classic dragon behaviour, he can change in accordance to the situation and take on a more friendlier approach due to having learnt the pony way of life from his mentor. Plus with the spell of allowing him to change his size from big to small and vice versa, it can allow even more free room to mingle and talk to such characters from a one to one, or group basis.

For spell limitations, I actually tend to follow the guidelines of D&D. I.e. Speaking Telepathy with a total radius range from 50-100 meters and can traverse through walls, but it can only works with characters he has met and cemented an official friendship with that character (seeing as how he is a Pure Magic Aligned Dragon, and "Friendship is Magic"), can only change sizes from big to small and in opposite format at least three time a day, etc, etc. You know, making sure that the spells are not overpowered and keeping relatively rare to unique feeling a Pure Magic Aligned Dragon. Which is why I am also in agreement to ensuring balance and limits to my character for the sake of fairness and goodwill. :fluttershy:  

My thoughts thus far is simply thus; I am more than ready and looking forward to roleplay with everypony and creature in Equestria.

@Starforce

Of course, of course. :) When the time comes, we need to think of what part of the family comes first, as I have some links to work with for her siblings. One working for her sister, and one for her brother. So sorta depends on your thinking about this sort of thing. Also, thoughts on @Imperium? Alchemy was one aspect touched upon. :) 

=======================================================

@Imperium

Well it's good to have you on board. :) We'll still need to find some sort of entrance point for ya though, so... Maybe we should start with it as solo, until someone jumps in and says they'd like to crossover? If so, my scholar dragon is likely the best bet. She lives in the Everfree Forest, and there are some various dragons gathering up by now in Ponyville. They could well have a chat, and then go to town, so that we'd be set up for one big, dragon-centric thing later on, if it were. :)

Some more details on her: She's named Nerzhei, and spends most of her time in her cave, carefully reading through her tomes. Especially the one with the ancient history I mentioned, which is a long, tedious process to translate, as it contains ancient draconian, equine, and some unknown tongue she barely have a way to decipher at all. Mostly through getting the sentences through, and taking those words into context of that, but such things takes time.

She also studies crystals. Of  the kind that can be magically infused, and carries a few of them with her. It's an interest of hers to try and see how they might be utilized, even by dragons, and she have some moderate success with mixing them with her geomancy.

She also have a pet, that she purchased by a vendor that tended to traverse between Dragon Lands, and Equestria. A minute dragon, whom at one point, had a small, infant rabbit in a cage. Nerzhei usually bought books from him, but felt pity for the creature, and bought her as well. Afterwards, she raised the pink little bunny up, and came to enjoy the company of her, calling her Lotus.

She's tried to release Lotus a few times, but she doesn't fit in anywhere. Raised around dragons, Lotus might be small, girly looking, and with a vanity for the tuft of extra long fur on her head that sorta counts as her hair, but she's also extremely violent. Even small slights she responds with in verbal critter chatter, and if need be, physical violence. She might not be big, but if she can beat up smaller dragons, she can certainly make a pony feel her kicks too. It's not because she's a bad bunny, she just got used to understanding that to survive, she needed to be tough, and show some spine, or she'd be lunch. Hence, when she tries to mingle with other bunnies, and tries to be friendly with things such as a harmless brawl, she scares the others, and they run away from her.

The two of them make for an odd pairing, but they have a strong bond, and I wouldn't advise trying to harm that bond, by say, harming Lotus. Nerzhei would bury you under twenty meters of solid rock if you harmed her friend.

That brings to the matter that personality wise, Nerzhei tends to be respectful, but she is still a dragon, and hence, there's a certain degree of authority and pride in her way of being too. And a lot of rage. It's buried, and kept in check, but you can sometimes see the centuries of frustration and treatment by her kin, boiling up, and giving her eyes a rather scary look, depending on the sort you are.

It won't be hard to spot her. She's roughly human height, and wears an adventurers robe, along with a spear on her back, a large satchel for her books, and Lotus tends to sit on her shoulder. A bird of prey tried to take advantage of that position once... Lotus broke its wing. The others generally got the gist of it afterwards.

Think I covered it. Though feel free to ask questions, if you have any. :)

Furthermore, if this seems suitable for you, would you prefer to do the first post, or should I?

Ah, and almost forgot: Your weaknesses seems fine, good to have it sorted. :)

As for Nerzhei's, she only have so much magic to use, and she's not a massive dragon. She'll take a stand and fight well, but old or not, she's a runt, and have to remain aware of her own limitations. Her protectiveness of those she cares about, can also be used against her, as she will defend them, despite getting hurt herself. Which is also why currently, her left arm is in a swing, and covered in gauze. A combination of magic use that wasn't too wise, and a close escape, resulted in her getting rather hurt with that one, and have been ordered by the hospital to not use it.

Ah yes, and she also suffers from repeated migraine attacks. Generally speaking, it flares up when she's faced with someone doing repeated dumb, irrational things, and she struggles against her own want to yell at them for that. She's doing her best to be civilized, but it's a pain. Sometimes literally.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

In other roleplays I did the route of her sister. In this one I would like to do one for her brother which would be interesting as I've not done an RP with shining armor in a really long time. I hope my reply lengths are acceptable, I worry sometimes since I can't match your length. Magnolia isn't a particularly verbose character like yours are. As for @Imperium's dragon I find he concept fascinating. I haven't thought of a dragon alchemist before so that would be interesting to include in this roleplay. Reading up a bit on it, it is definitely a sound concept to me.

Also by the way here is Magnolia in human form, I had someone draw her.

2X6hGfQQ9F3c1gp_DiJVHfNDXXkGCDlKFQg2P4PwXVY?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.discordapp.net%2Fattachments%2F887101221545050142%2F888932907694043136%2FA_MAGNOLIA.png%3Fwidth%3D221%26height%3D676

Edited by Starforce

@Starforce @Imperium

Alright, you can do Shining Armor then. I'll fill you in when time comes on the worker, in case she will be needed. :)

As for Imperium's dragon, you'd eventually have to go to Ponyville to find Twilight to, so perhaps I'll start of entertaining our new arrival, and then eventually, we shall cross paths. :) There be options indeed.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

wned by @Catpone Cerberus. Maybe you could join there? Though of course, his input is important too. :) His dragons are from outside Equestria, and not connected to the Dragon Lands either, if it is of interest.

I don't know if you have already decided something since I haven't read the following replies, but for my input in this.

I'm fine with other players getting involved, but we must consider my posting speed of about once a week, so if the added player wishes for more active posting, it isn't a good idea to get my characters involved, since it would lead to one of two things 1. I hold them back 2. I'll be left behind/overwhelmed. :twi:

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

A fair point. Let's see how it is with Imperius and the speed of posts, and we can check in on things later if that is. If not, I have plenty more to use of. :) As well as a potential plan with Starforce.

===================================================================

@Starforce

I really don't know. I don't really have a plot, or plan in mind for them. I couldn't really throw much of danger against them, since Light and Cali could just handle basically anything I'd think, and I usuaully just go by *DO some talking, see where things goes*. But uuuh... Have any suggestions? We can discuss it perhaps. :)

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Solo or Crossover, it's all sound good to me! I'm sure Calamitous and Nerzhei will get along swimmingly, this also goes with anypony or creature that can come to crossover and interact with. The fellow scholar dragon who also lives in the Everfree Forest could make quite a good character development, from visiting her cave, to traversing inside his Tower he constructed within the forest, it's all up in the air with how we can proceed with this idea.

I have no other questions, so if you desire, you can start the first post whenever you're ready.

• Brohoof 1