Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Kujamih @Loud Opinion

On 2021-11-16 at 11:37 AM, Loud Opinion said:

BTW I love the idea of deifying the IRL people as gods of the RP. Maybe a hierarchy with players being lesser gods and @Blitz Boom being an all-father like Zeus or Odin. Although, I am concerned that it would break immersion and create a conflict of interest with the GM and his NPC's.

I'm strongly against this idea. Draconequui seeing the writers and such are fine, but it'd be weird to put the people writing this as gods, in my opinion. Especially since there's actual gods in this cannon. Not in Equestria though. I think when you think of how being an alicorn makes you powerful and immortal, like a demigod, it made sense to me that essentially, the same primordial magic that's needed to ascend to an alicorn, is the same that forms gods. Immense power, but without something that gets elevated via both that magic, and worship. Without that, the magic is just there, able to be used in other ways. For example, to make alicorns.

That's why Harrowmark (my version of Denmark), have two gods, but no records of there ever being even a single alicorn. That's how Rising and I are rolling with it currently anyway.

On 2021-11-16 at 11:45 AM, Kujamih said:

plus maybe his draconicous form?sketch-1630513346243.thumb.jpg.fdc5246f1828f1c87a0b6d09237c5cbd.jpg

Wait a draconequus form? I thought he were a pony? Did I miss something in his backstory?

On 2021-11-16 at 5:33 PM, Loud Opinion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

20210427_023535.thumb.jpg.396bec2e684787a6b61d3fb914cdb12d.jpg

The only image I have of her. Light grey coat and a white main with red eyes. The horns are smooth.

The color scheme is a reference to how a newborn can only see black white and red.

I totally forgot the dual horns. I like 'em though. Makes her look sorta like a buffalo. :)

Seriously, you both have a great deal of talent, when it comes to drawing. I can't make a stick figure without breaking his legs. :P

Seems like I caught up then. :) Good seeing you two popping off with ideas. Kujamih's pretty chaotic, so he might spice things up for ya a bit here.

=================================================

@GingerLightning

Sorry to read that your laptop's not working proper. :/ You tried seeing if it's a matter of grime beneath 'em, and sort it with a toothpick? Or is it the tech part? Cause darn: That ain't no fun. :(

I hope the car functions better when you get that. And that you'll have years and years of joy out of it. ^_^ 

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion @Blitz Boom

that's why I call ourselves "writers instead of gods.... also light usually calls us Writers, occasionally gods, depending on the sentence and topic.

well I try to make a rule that there is only 1 Light. hence anything happens to other Lights in other RP( other dimensions) . pretty much everything in Light is cannon.

I believe Discord was originally a pony. BUT he got the wrong kind of magic in him and became a draconicous (celestia's very first explanation of a draconicous.)

thus Light who is originally an earth pony, now has 10 cutie marks and artifacts implanted in his body..... myeah he has potential to be a draconicous.... 

sooo I kinda did say that he is a draconicous...in a way:squee:

he kinda hides it in a way.... 

one of his ability is manipulation of light, thus he can make copies of himself. 

but wait how come the copies can touch other ponies? you might ask.

one should know that light has a force and it CAN cut or PUSH objects. yes science has made a sail that can Use  the Light's force to push it. and yes it did push the boat Using the force of the light, not by it converting light into energy.

technically CUTTING is pushing stuff in a microscopic level science has a record of it... it wasn't elegant to say the least, very messy.

Edited by Kujamih

On 2021-11-02 at 5:30 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Although Whett is scaring the tar out of Cover Up. I assume you consider that to be a bonus. :D

Awwh. c'mon! Don't be painting me some mustache twirling rapscallion! T'would not be fear I seek!

I would call it more a vaugely comedic, Dramatic Shock!

I do lean my characters into shows of impotent power. A good, fair show of power... that is ultimately useless if not channeled or practiced right. Like to think a Kirin's flare-ups are purely natural for their bodies and they have almost no magic otherwise.

@Blitz Boom

What do you think of Magloria being in the rp? I would like to give her some much needed use as I haven't used her on the forums yet. With Magloria, I would like to explore some kind of victory situation in which she defeats someone / her villainy actually succeeds or something of that sort. Unlike other situations where my characters had been 'reformed', I would like to explore a victory scenario. She wouldn't aim to take over the world or something, if anything I could see it being much like our Magnolia and Zeehva thing, and Magloria wins. Just an idea of sorts.

Would like to see your thoughts.

3 hours ago, Starforce said:

@Blitz Boom

What do you think of Magloria being in the rp? I would like to give her some much needed use as I haven't used her on the forums yet. With Magloria, I would like to explore some kind of victory situation in which she defeats someone / her villainy actually succeeds or something of that sort. Unlike other situations where my characters had been 'reformed', I would like to explore a victory scenario. She wouldn't aim to take over the world or something, if anything I could see it being much like our Magnolia and Zeehva thing, and Magloria wins. Just an idea of sorts.

why not let magnolia and magloria meet?:devious:

or Cali?:fabulous:

to show cali was replaced by her surely that is a win and a devastating lose to Cali. 

muhehehehe:oh_golly:

Edited by Kujamih

@Kujamih

On 2021-11-18 at 12:27 AM, Kujamih said:

he kinda hides it in a way.... 

one of his ability is manipulation of light, thus he can make copies of himself. 

but wait how come the copies can touch other ponies? you might ask.

one should know that light has a force and it CAN cut or PUSH objects. yes science has made a sail that can Use  the Light's force to push it. and yes it did push the boat Using the force of the light, not by it converting light into energy.

technically CUTTING is pushing stuff in a microscopic level science has a record of it... it wasn't elegant to say the least, very messy.

My character Anomaly, who is a draconequus, are able to split herself into several parts. But she is also focused entirely around evolution, and biology. That's why most of her things are about mutating beings, creating new ones, and messing with the forest. At times if she misplaces a body part such as an ear, a lung, that sort of normal  thing, and forget about it, it will start to mutate into it's own being. Usually she just absorbs them again, or when she runs into them, and if they wish to continue being their own thing, just tinker them a bit more, so the whole chaos aspect is removed from them.

But two have been different, because she felt a significant part of her had grown with them. One were some years back, and is a little pixie-like humanoid, with a dress made of stitched up animal hides, and sharp teeth, called Rose. Up until recently, she had to be isolated on Anomaly's own island, far away from everyone, because if she saw plastic, she'd go into an anger-fueled frenzy. As she contains much of the last, raw parts of Anomaly's destructive side, that were her before she were initially *killed* and sealed away by the other draconequui at the time. Rose is doing better now though, so she's been allowed to go off from the island. THough she still doesn't like plastic.

The other is a large, gorilla-like creature, with hardened plates, and a mouth made of three rock-like formations, that lets out sounds. Either in waves to crush things, or to speak. He also have twelve eyes, and sleeps in lava, as he does not like the cold. Very opposite Anomaly, who are weak to fire and both pure iron, and pure silver. She calls him Henry.

Rose were made of a time Anomaly misplaced her heart, and with Henry, she forgot an ear somewhere else. She thinks of them both as her children, and they are in a real sense, a kind of semi-draconequui.

So y'know, not against shards of oneself. Long as they're done right.

As for Discord, I think it's more likely he were made out of the purest chaos that came about, once order were properly established, since everything needs a counterbalance. Enough order, and eventually, something is going to happen. Other draconequui can have their own origins. Mine are simply put in the hey days of the draconequui race, with Anomaly's first incarnation, rising out of a large scale forest fire, as an enduring sign of rebirth. And my other one, Fright, manifesting when the various antics of especially Discord, caused enough Fear, to mingle with the chaos, and coalesce into it's own being.

But I let folks think what they will of their own. The whole point of draconequui after all, s that they are somewhat nonsernsical.

===========================================================================

@Widdershins

On 2021-11-18 at 10:33 PM, Widdershins said:

Awwh. c'mon! Don't be painting me some mustache twirling rapscallion! T'would not be fear I seek!

I would call it more a vaugely comedic, Dramatic Shock!

I do lean my characters into shows of impotent power. A good, fair show of power... that is ultimately useless if not channeled or practiced right. Like to think a Kirin's flare-ups are purely natural for their bodies and they have almost no magic otherwise.

It might be harmless, but Cover Up is a pony of a different culture, that's more mistrustful of others, and have both undeath and death, as a central to their beliefs. He's less curious about the fire, and more worried it will torch him into cinders, and he'll end up a poltergeist, or some other variation of a risen soul.

Plus, he's never heard of Kirin, nor know what's safe, and not safe, when it regards them. As well as already being damaged, and not wanting more wounds, like say a full body third degree burn.

So yeah, he's scary to him. But experience might change that, depending on what they'll end up doing. :)

=========================================================================

@Kujamih @Starforce

9 hours ago, Starforce said:

I'm not against it, but would likely need to be set away from the main areas, like Canterlot and Ponyville, to not cause the main chars to try and stop it proper. We still haven't made use of the north, so perhaps she'd been fighting a hero tracking her down, and trying to stop her, and things goes from there? Not sure exactly what your sort of plan were. Looking for an antagonist? A partner in crime? Potentially an indifferent force, helping or obstructing her for some mysterious purpose?

Let's hear more details of your idea. Then we'll see if we can make it work. :)

...Wait, is the idea of a reverse, more like she defeats someone, who'll then sympathize with her cause, and join her in that instead? I may have misunderstood the question.

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih

I wanted her away from Canterlot and Ponyville. I want her story to be stand alone and to not involve other characters from other people as to stay true to the spirit of the idea that I want to portray with her. Need to decide what she is fighting for though, so we will work on that. She will be in the north, though, like where you mentioned when Magnolia talked about it.

My idea was that she would defeat some hero who tries to steer her from her lonely self serving path?

@Blitz Boom
Just a question, you okay with me hinting about other characters from "the future" having arrived too? I'm not planning to introduce them into the RP (until  if at some point comes a situation where such would be appropriate(you can tell me if ever you feel like such would fit)), but just add details that imply their existence (a piece of technology, dialogue from Solar (since he would be looking into such things), odd feelings, mysterious figures, etc. ), mainly my only (current) plan regarding about it is for if/when they get to explore the prison (and collect the two bodies from there), there could be some implications that they are not the only ones in this world. 

5 hours ago, Starforce said:

@Blitz Boom @Kujamih

I wanted her away from Canterlot and Ponyville. I want her story to be stand alone and to not involve other characters from other people as to stay true to the spirit of the idea that I want to portray with her. Need to decide what she is fighting for though, so we will work on that. She will be in the north, though, like where you mentioned when Magnolia talked about it.

My idea was that she would defeat some hero who tries to steer her from her lonely self serving path?

the hero teleported her away to the north ..problem solved!:mlp_smug:

btw ... not involve other characters from other writers ....... you should make her own stand alone light novel for that.... this is a RP after all....

Edited by Kujamih

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

and have both undeath and death,

Aye, that be my cheif belief. That nothing is or should be just one way. Nothing is inherently evil or good, Life isn't black & white, but exists and indeed flourishes in the Gray Areas.

I think you express this quite well! As I recall you have a sort of shamanistic, necromatic character from a long heritage of similar sorts who has a sentient pendant of conglomerated, unrestful souls called Legion... that is frankly quite amicable. So long as its treated right. Just because you're a lost, bound or tortured soul unable to pass on or an undead doesn't mean you have to be hostile or a threat.

I try to center my characters around that. More... reactive than display... -itory. Like, Whett's "display" might be threatening for sure, its basically an allergy, a show of mental instability that he struggles with. A facial twinge from stress, if you will.

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

My character Anomaly, who is a draconequus, are able to split herself into several parts. But she is also focused entirely around evolution, and biology. That's why most of her things are about mutating beings, creating new ones, and messing with the forest. At times if she misplaces a body part such as an ear, a lung, that sort of normal  thing, and forget about it, it will start to mutate into it's own being. Usually she just absorbs them again, or when she runs into them, and if they wish to continue being their own thing, just tinker them a bit more, so the whole chaos aspect is removed from them.

I loved reading that from you too! That's what I try to theme Widdershins, as my persona, around. The notion of a Loss of Identity & Metaphorical Direction. Confusion by means of shifting goals of one's life that often comes naturally with age or the turns one's life takes. A personality or one's "character" is never just one thing or clear & direct like AJ being "the country horse who does apples."

I have "versions" or shards of Widdershins too. Where his fate or destiny diverged and his alternate self became alot more antagonistic or dangerous. Such as the antimatter Shinwither or the cute but caustic Moot. A heroic foil villain to a character that never tried to be that heroic.

I basically tried to make Doctor Who.

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who.

Should really try watching more Doctor Who again, lol.

Like the Doctor is basically a wanderer who just doesn't like to see people get hurt and has a soft spot for the human race for their spirit that maybe he never saw in his own alien race. He doesn't have so much of goals as just being a friend to those who wish to travel by his side. As altruistic as they come!

4 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

yeah 1x1..… not involving other players character is 1x0 :laugh:

Not really, I have Magnolia and Zeehva doing their own thing and I would prefer to keep it that way. I would also like that to be the way I have Magloria and Blitz Boom's character. 

Aight, let's go over this proper now.

@Starforce @Kujamih

On 2021-11-21 at 3:59 PM, Starforce said:

Alright, so standing alone., We can do that, no problem. And we can try and have her defeat a hero, that tried to pull her off her path. Though are we talking a disposable hero, or would you like him/her around afterwards? Because if its a disposable one, I'll just whip up a quick NPC. If it's someone to keep around, I might go back to using this guy.

1609022968221.thumb.jpg.f74d776aec4752e42feb72d77344631f.jpg

He were technically a hero... Ish. He could've been sent to deal with Magloria, since the situation with Magnolia had been taken care of. Long as you don't kill his cats, he should be tolerable enough to hang around, and if they were trapped by her, he'd feel obligated to do as told, since he actually cares about them. Other living beings... It varies.

On 2021-11-21 at 9:14 PM, Kujamih said:

the hero teleported her away to the north ..problem solved!:mlp_smug:

btw ... not involve other characters from other writers ....... you should make her own stand alone light novel for that.... this is a RP after all....

Seems the rest is about this, so just to make it clear: I encourage others to mingle, but I don't force it. At the heart, this thread is an RP setting, where things happen, that then remains in effect, even if new creatures comes in. In this world (that is the thread) smaller RP's are then taking place. Mostly 1on1's, but at times larger endeavors. That about sums it up. :) If Starforce wants the thing with her to be for itself, then that'll be how it is. However, if she comes into an area where something have happened (like the desert are in the Everfree Forest happening, or the attacks on Ponyville, or something else), then it will happen within that setting. Doesn't mean one have to meet other players, if they don't want to. :)

==============================================================

@Widdershins

On 2021-11-21 at 9:36 PM, Widdershins said:

Aye, that be my cheif belief. That nothing is or should be just one way. Nothing is inherently evil or good, Life isn't black & white, but exists and indeed flourishes in the Gray Areas.

I think you express this quite well! As I recall you have a sort of shamanistic, necromatic character from a long heritage of similar sorts who has a sentient pendant of conglomerated, unrestful souls called Legion... that is frankly quite amicable. So long as its treated right. Just because you're a lost, bound or tortured soul unable to pass on or an undead doesn't mean you have to be hostile or a threat.

I try to center my characters around that. More... reactive than display... -itory. Like, Whett's "display" might be threatening for sure, its basically an allergy, a show of mental instability that he struggles with. A facial twinge from stress, if you will.

The character you speak of, would be Sorrow. She have a spirit foci around her neck, which various souls can inhabit, and partake in the hivemind of Legion, until they feel ready to move on. That there are so many souls there, is something that helps the ones who agrees to become part of the collective, as those there also have their own reasons, and often are idle to the outside world, whilst having something akin to *internal therapy sessions*, among the souls. There's only one soul within that remains there as a constant, and that is the first spirit, bound to the skull willingly. An ancestor of hers, that are unable to pass on, because they don't think they've rescued enough souls yet.

Won't say how long back it goes, but Sorrow's not the first one whose been carrying that skull. She's also one of the least magical of her family, as most are unicorns.

Also, I am using a few undead, and not all are indeed hostile. That's part of the Harrowish culture, historically. That some will chose undeath, rather than death, and still *live* on afterwards, for some purpose. The currently mad god there, Suusha, had his followers among those who'd choose undeath, while his counterpart offered guaranteed rest from the various ways, one might be stuck after death. Then Twisted came and messed with the scale, so there's gonna be a long time ahead, of them trying to rebalance it, so the dark god can come back to his senses.

And I think Whett is an interest concept for a character., and so far done rather well. From my perspective, he isn't overtly threatening, but he's just stuck with one who have no idea of him, and are already struggling with fitting into Equestrian ways. He's easy to get off balance. :)

On 2021-11-21 at 9:36 PM, Widdershins said:

I loved reading that from you too! That's what I try to theme Widdershins, as my persona, around. The notion of a Loss of Identity & Metaphorical Direction. Confusion by means of shifting goals of one's life that often comes naturally with age or the turns one's life takes. A personality or one's "character" is never just one thing or clear & direct like AJ being "the country horse who does apples."

I have "versions" or shards of Widdershins too. Where his fate or destiny diverged and his alternate self became alot more antagonistic or dangerous. Such as the antimatter Shinwither or the cute but caustic Moot. A heroic foil villain to a character that never tried to be that heroic.

I basically tried to make Doctor Who.

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who.

Should really try watching more Doctor Who again, lol.

Like the Doctor is basically a wanderer who just doesn't like to see people get hurt and has a soft spot for the human race for their spirit that maybe he never saw in his own alien race. He doesn't have so much of goals as just being a friend to those who wish to travel by his side. As altruistic as they come!

Yeah, logic have little reason to be involved, when it comes to Draconequui, but one still have to make it fit sort of a *basic idea*. That idea, being mostly what they're the spirit of, to some extend.

It's how WIdders functions as you say, or his alternates. There's an idea, but it's maleable, and things could have gone way different. And may still, if circumstances change. I had the same with both of mine, where Anomaly is in a way, a fragment too. Split from most of her dark, destructive side in the past, and grown into her own being, instead of this duality of destruction and creation. Fright follows the same pattern, but to a lesser extend. She is still the draconequui of fear, but she have found a more constructive way to use, and harvest fear. One that doesn't leave her alone and unwanted, and gives her some peace of mind.

They're some pretty weird creatures, and logic ain't their thing. But there's still a framework one can work with, and aspects that makes them fun. If done right. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Well, the one I showed (need to check for his name again. Think it was Operetta Sonata, maybe? Will see later) is barely a hero. He'll weigh in the pros and cons of what she's saying, and perhaps join in on her crusade. partially out of intrigue, and partially to at some point, be able to reel her in, if she goes too far, even for his taste.

As for what her goal is... Well, his goal have always been to chase the ones doing bad, and *reeducating them*. Mostly meaning they *go away for a time* and come back, pretty messed up, and scared in on a better path, under threat of him coming back for them otherwise. Maybe he'd try to entice her to the way of expanding her collection with bad beings, since no one will miss them, and she'll be kind of justified in what she does to them. It's also a lovely way to act out some aggressions.

I did say he was barely a hero. xD He considers screams to be music, and himself, a tenor of pain.

Question really becomes what her motivation would be. What does she want, more than anything? Recognition? Power? Revenge? A sandwich?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

That is interesting. For Magloria's motives, as she was basically belittled for being a zorse (hybrid of a unicorn and Zebra), she sees Unicorns as stuck up and self absorbed, and has a special hatred for alicorns. She wants to tear everyone else down, if she can't have what they have. Magloria is insanely jealous of their success and would enjoy bringing down the most talented and able of Unicorns to expand her collection with. Unlike a lot of villains she has no real power or world take over scheme, she just wants to tear everyone down - but she doesn't realize in doing so, she would still be who she is. An imperfect hybrid.

Enticing her wouldn't work. She isn't out to stop baddies, she is out to stop the 'good one who act and think they know everything'. 

As for her magic, she can absorb spells and likely has a lot of spells in her array but mainly focuses on ice and water manipulation as well as transforming those into crystals, and weaponry. I am not sure how she got this magic, any ideas?