Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Widdershins

@Sekel split up their chars from the candy shop, to go see Stare's sister, Scarcity. It should ease up the pressure, and give you a chance to focus on what is there, when it comes to Kaltrops. He's currently alone in the shop's backroom, with Pop and Benny, so as another couple, maybe he could try and ask them for pointers, or have a bit of a crisis of faith in himself, as he's going into something he's not thought of before.

There's plenty of options, but there is a bit of a breather, and then when they eventually come back, or you go after them, perhaps you'll be more in the zone again. ^^ This here should help to simplify and calm things for now though, I hope.

As for the dragonpony, far as it seems, she's still wanting to find her parents, but appears curious to things around her. Stare's hopefully gonna be able to accomedate her curiosity.

Also... Might I suggest something? YOu say you lack some confidence in your writing... Maybe it's cause you haven't used the one you started off with, for a while? Do you want to bring Widders into things again? I'm sure we can sort out a side thing with him. I have another draconequui he could interact with even. Or a few odd balls, that might find him interesting/he'd have fun messing with.

@Blitz Boom
not a big deal, just a reminder 

13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Well, she looked mighty odd too, and had metal parts. That were not normal, from what they knew,

Sheska has no metal parts, she has no visible cybernetics, Trox has, and Solar has, but not Sheska, she's (currently) actually the only character from that universe with no visible modifications. :) She has the makeshift cast made by the nurse you controlled on her tail, as she is missing a piece of it, but that is currently the only visible "modification". 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Been a long day at work, so replies will come tomorrow instead. Sorry for the delay. :(

Also, will be a break of upwards of a week perhaps. I need to help some family, and I am uncertain if I can get to a PC during that week. Will try, but can't promise anything. So don't worry if things slows a bit. I ain't vanishing. :)

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 4:36 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Also... Might I suggest something? YOu say you lack some confidence in your writing... Maybe it's cause you haven't used the one you started off with, for a while? Do you want to bring Widders into things again? I'm sure we can sort out a side thing with him. I have another draconequui he could interact with even. Or a few odd balls, that might find him interesting/he'd have fun messing with.

I sure would like that! 

Always did want to paint Widdershins as the oddball out. A sort of flip to Discord, as he does want to socialize and get along, but is too removed and  magical to have a reliable judgement of what is reasonable or fatal! heh~

Discord is a Mayadere. Sure, he'll get along, but there's always that slight undertone that he's only tagging along so he can get what he wants. He's confident in his own power, and only hesitates manipulating others on the risk he might lose friends. ...   Like Squidward! The greatest villain of our times, Squidward.

Widdershins will be your friend! You can't stop him from, you can only hope his gifts don't wind up welding you to the wall cause he hoped you'd find that funny~ 

I do like what we're doing in the sort of group dynamic we've got with @Sekel and their dragonpony. I feel there's some good themes to work together with, like i've probably said. Kaltrop didn't know his parents and is making his own place in the world. Dazzle is finding her parents to find a place. Dawn is finding her own way in spite of her parents.

A character's origin can define alot of personality too.

@Widdershins

Aight, we can work something out then. You want him to mingle with another draconequui? I have referenced a few, and do have Fright too, who is a far less random, down to earth one, who'd actively try and help yours, to find some semblance of purpose in life, which will not get him chased down. She is a strong believer that they do not need to go against what they are, to be part of the world, and welcomed into it. Rather, they just need to look at things from various other angles.

Consumption - or Glutton - is far more brazen, direct, and a prankster. She doesn't much care to be subtle, or hide her intentions. In the end, the whole world is one large, wonderful buffet, and you should savor every bite of it. Be it a slice of adventure, a barrel of toxic waste, or a whipped bowl of fun. Life is a delicious symphony, and she wants to taste it all.

Avarice is more skittish, and easily distracted. Especially by shiny things. He's fast, conniving, and a dealmaker, who always make sure that he profits more than those he trades with. Sometimes, what he wants isn't something that have real value to others, but if it catches his eye, he wants it, and will pursue it, as best he can.

Fright have helped them both, to be more accessible. Avarice have changed from being a thief, who hoards immense wealth, to more of a prominent banker of sorts. He stores and cares greatly for things you pay him to watch out for, long as you pay his toll. He can also lend money, with interest of course, or will sell some of his vast riches, for things he find to be more treasured. Fright taught him how he could take and take still, but give a little, to gain acceptance, and thus, a chance to openly see and acquire more. Took decades, but he's come around to the idea. Helped pointing out to him, that if he only took, then eventually, there'd be nothing left to gain. Cycle things around, and there'd be thing to desire, for all eternity. His greedy mind latched on to that, among other things, though he's still not the most sociable. Not a lot speak with him, unless they need something from him, as he's considered rather creepy and obsessive.

Consumption is a lot simpler. She just want to eat things, and taste what the world have to offer, at the core. So Fright helped her to establish a base of operations, where she then claimed that there would come enough food, to keep her sated forever. Which were true, as she now is essentially at the base, of an enormous landfill, where several countries, send their more persistent, non-recyclable trash. Especially dangerous, or toxic materials. She's seen as a great asset due to this now, and gleefully revels, in her unending, always varied feast. Though she wanders off sometimes, if she's bored, or have eaten up for the time being. It's seen as a lesser evil, if she runs around, eating a dog house, or a flowerbed once in a while. Though she's been known to have a dog leash stuck between her teeth, to trick others into thinking she ate a dog. She loves how it freaks ponies out.

I also have a varied amount of non-draconequui. Whatever suits yer fancy. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 6:10 PM, Blitz Boom said:

Aight, we can work something out then. You want him to mingle with another draconequui? I have referenced a few, and do have Fright too, who is a far less random, down to earth one, who'd actively try and help yours, to find some semblance of purpose in life, which will not get him chased down. She is a strong believer that they do not need to go against what they are, to be part of the world, and welcomed into it. Rather, they just need to look at things from various other angles.

S-sorry, been sleep deprived and trying to balance out time outside of work, heh~

(I swore i typed out several paragraphs in response to this before...) Looks like there's new means to quote/highlight messages on the forums these days! I'll have to see if there's way to Search/check out older Mentions?

But Yeah, I like what character work you've done! Widdershins I feel, works better as an oddball out. Like, he tries too hard to make friends and comes off as more chaotic than he means to be. Like gifting acient artifacts even he doesn't understand or misunderstanding tasks in helping out. But you've seen all that before!~

I think he'd work better off a Straight Mare archetype, if you get me? A more grounded individual that can teach it how to curb himself enough to get along. Like one would at the School of Friendship! (I do need to know if anypony has dragged Discord off to there, lol) 

I do need to figure out how to respond more around these here forums. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Widdershins

Sorry for not responding for a while here. I forgot to check. :( My bad.

So you need a more straight faced, reasonable sort to work from? Someone normal then, yeah?

Fright works like that to an extend, as she have helped somewhat reform other draconequui before, and are a grounded, calm individual. One who'd be patient with him, as she knows how long it can be, for one of them to change.

Yet I do have some more normal, pretty regular ponies and such to work from. I could also make use of my dragon scholar if it were. She'd get annoyed at him, and would be straight forward and honest about things, but she's a rational sort, and would see the danger in leaving someone like that without at least some oversight, and attempt at teaching him even the merest sliver of reason.

What you got in mind?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus @Kujamih

Sorry for the delay. Several of them in recent times, in fact. Work meetings and such, are making me get to these things, late, and it's taking into time I don't really have. Hopefully things will be stable again soon, but for now, I will be editing in the response in the morning.

• Brohoof 2

@Blitz Boom

Sorry too, been caught up in the stresses of work too! 

See, I think for a while there we were playing well off a stoic guardsmare you had and that kind of worked. Think the thing is that Widdershins does care alot about coexisting with others, he's just a fair bit mad and can't gauge well what's too extreme a response. Basic cartoon in real life, kinda thing. He tries hard to play with and "hover" around others to impress them, and that can make him pretty impressionable. While creating matter out of nothing is kind of the draconequus "chaotic" shtick, its more complicated than that i believe, as he's too unfocused to channel even Chaos that does still make him a source of power. It wouldn't be the first time he's aided an obvious villain just because he wanted to help.

And blowing up A version of Earth for an interstellar highway was kind of just a paycheck at the time so...

Like, he can be used as a battery and accomplice or he can be taught the uphill lesson that maybe not everything has to be an epic, long quest. Like any wishgranter, that tends to be the reason any mortal seeks him out. I like the idea of attending a sort of Friendship School like they have now, where he can learn that Fire isn't a good answer to things and that most people don't like dying or being forced to walk on their lips for the rest of the day. 

Widdershins tends to play the role of the MacGuffin magical force sought out to solve the big issue, if only you can learn how to point him in the right direction. Or the odd magical creature you talk into stop doing that thing that keeps endangering the local populace. Or the annoying friend who can't take a hint to leave someone alone! 

I have always felt he might get along well with your lil bomb filly. Lessons in restraint! Think a teacher of sorts could work, yeah!

Also, side question? Think typing around here has changed? Like, there a search function to find when last you were Mentioned? Or if there be other forum minutiae i might need to relearn.