Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a more "mature" episode was aired?

chirox the pony

It wouldn't take from the values. Like if Tirek said to Twilight 'I am going to Fuck you up' that is not bad for virtue because he is the bad guy and he is angry. And in putting your hoof down they replaced fuck with feather the insult is the same I don't care = I don't give a fuck = I don't give a feather

I totally feel that. :) I guess I would just be laughing the whole time if there was a lot of swearing and pony pot smoking going on. :) hahhaa. So for me, the values would def. be decreased. I couldn't take it seriously!! :) I do see what you mean though. <3

I totally feel that. :) I guess I would just be laughing the whole time if there was a lot of swearing and pony pot smoking going on. :) hahhaa. So for me, the values would def. be decreased. I couldn't take it seriously!! :) I do see what you mean though. <3

Ok ya if the main 6 and spike started smoking pot that would be stupid but I think swearing is the a good way to show anger. They could met a new character who swears a lot at them and they think he is a very anger person but in the end they learn that is just how he is used to talking

Ok ya if the main 6 and spike started smoking pot that would be stupid but I think swearing is the a good way to show anger. They could met a new character who swears a lot at them and they think he is a very anger person but in the end they learn that is just how he is used to talking

Yeah I mean I agree with swearing being a good way to express intense anger. So I suppose if there was a really angry character introduced, that swore, I could dig it.   :)

Yeah I mean I agree with swearing being a good way to express intense anger. So I suppose if there was a really angry character introduced, that swore, I could dig it.   :)

I never got why people were against swearing or any words. I would have no problem with my little pony using the word retard not as an insult just as a descriptive term because I am so sick of people using or getting offended by it while having no idea what the word actually means.

I never got why people were against swearing or any words. I would have no problem with my little pony using the word retard not as an insult just as a descriptive term because I am so sick of people using or getting offended by it while having no idea what the word actually means.

I wouldn't care if they said shit or bitch or fuck. Retard, would be crossing the line. As that is highly offensive, and inappropriate.. I have mentally handicapped kids that I babysit, who watch mlp.  So, no, that probably would not be okay. Whether it be an episode for an older crowd only, or whatever...

I wouldn't care if they said shit or bitch or fuck. Retard, would be crossing the line. As that is highly offensive, and inappropriate.. I have mentally handicapped kids that I babysit, who watch mlp.  So, no, that probably would not be okay. Whether it be an episode for an older crowd only, or whatever...

Well to me calling some one a Retard is the same as saying they have Asperger's. I have Asperger's it also annoys me when people use that word without knowing what it means. I wish someone a parent or teacher could take children down for less than a minute  and tell them what the both words actually mean because I hate how they both just mean stupid now. I get a question wrong what a retard or on 4chan he has Asperger's. Nothing is wrong with eider word but I just seriously wish people would learn that Retard means slow not stupid or crippled

Well to me calling some one a Retard is the same as saying they have Asperger's. I have Asperger's it also annoys me when people use that word without knowing what it means. I wish someone a parent or teacher could take children down for less than a minute  and tell them what the both words actually mean because I hate how they both just mean stupid now. I get a question wrong what a retard or on 4chan he has Asperger's. Nothing is wrong with eider word but I just seriously wish people would learn that Retard means slow not stupid or crippled

Agree. Agree. Agree. Sorry you have to go through that. 

Agree. Agree. Agree. Sorry you have to go through that. 

Do the children you mind have Retardation.  

From wiki this what I found it means. If they don't then they should be offended.

• Mental retardation, also known as intellectual disability, a disorder characterized by significantly impaired cognitive functioning and deficits in adaptive behaviors
  • Psychomotor retardation, a slowing-down of thought and a reduction of physical movements in an individual
  • Neoteny, retention by adults of traits previously seen only in the young

And being called a redard isn't that bad an insult it the same as being called gay the person isn't saying your redarded or gay he is just saying the first insult that comes into his head

I honestly think I would be more confused than anything if this happened mainly because the internet does this stuff already,

and it being in the show would feel kind of redundant. I'm if searched it up I could find very mature mlp stuff like what you suggested.

So my end conclusion is, I wouldn't like that and I think that type of stuff should stay on the internet were it belongs.   

I think a fan-made episode like that if it was done really well would be really cool. But the actual show doing it would be weird and not right. It would kinda defeat what MLP is supposed to be and if hasbro did air something like that it might split the brony fandom in half.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If anything should be mature in that episode, it should be the lesson and plot, like an important character dying, and the rest of the mane 6 coping with this loss. It would obviously be the last episode of the series, sadly.

There should be little to no mature references in the show. Airing a mature episode, which little kids wouldn't understand the same way older viewers would, would only benefit those who are into it while little kids would lose interest in the show. This will cause the ratings to plummet. The show should be made for everybody to enjoy and understand. If a mature episode was made, then it will most likely be banned in a heartbeat.

I would be rather surprised that an episode like that gets approved by Hasbro. Of course, it'll never be made, and even so I'm pretty happy without a "mature" episode. But hey, we do have the PONY.MOV series, which is close to a "mature episode". :P

They'd be ponified. "What in the hay?" "Nopony gives a flying feather."  And drug addiction has been used kinda subtlety in the show "Pony Joe! Another donut!" --Spike's reference to alcoholism. Sex jokes...Well there's the scene in the opening of the cider episode. Plus, a lot of lines in the show can be seen as sex jokes when taken out of context. And I don't think there'll be much extreme violence beyond magic battles.

What if they released an episode of FIM which involved swearing, sex jokes, drug references, and extreme violence, how would you react and what do you think it would be like?

I hope that this post was made in jest. That would surely be the end of My Little Pony.

If not then I hope it's not something you desire. None of those things are what the show is about.

Sex jokes...Well there's the scene in the opening of the cider episode

Can you elaborate on that one? :wat:

As much as I'd like to say that I would enjoy it if it had drug references and sexual innuendos, I think that it would make me feel way too different about the characters, which would kind of ruin the whole show for me in a way.  However when this show ends I think I would support a series spinoff with mature themes lol.    ;) 

I hope that this post was made in jest. That would surely be the end of My Little Pony.

If not then I hope it's not something you desire. None of those things are what the show is about.

Can you elaborate on that one? :wat:

The scene in which Rainbow bursts into Fluttershy's house saying something like "Wake up, Fluttershy! Cider seasons about to start!" and Fluttershy, squees, blushes, and covers her privates.

Oh! Plus the 'I'm just wondering if it's ok to hold you down against your will for a little bit' line from Fluttershy could be taken as a rape joke. 

• Brohoof 1

The scene in which Rainbow bursts into Fluttershy's house saying something like "Wake up, Fluttershy! Cider seasons about to start!" and Fluttershy, squees, blushes, and covers her privates.

I thought so. But that's because she wet the bed after Rainbow burst in the room and scared her.

• Brohoof 1

I believe if that were to happen, mlp fim would loose all of it's value, bronies would go down in number because of the shame, and anit bronies would have more to feed on and give more hassel to those who loved the show, not to mention those who loved the show before that would be labled harder, bullied more, and suicideds might even go up even worse then what they already are. 

Mlp is a family and fan oriented show. Should such vulgar things like that come about to happening, everything would go down hill.

• Brohoof 1