Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a more "mature" episode was aired?

chirox the pony

What if they released an episode of FIM which involved swearing, sex jokes, drug references, and extreme violence, how would you react and what do you think it would be like?

they already did; making mention of the punch being "Spiked", in one episode

They'd be ponified. "What in the hay?" "Nopony gives a flying feather."  And drug addiction has been used kinda subtlety in the show "Pony Joe! Another donut!" --Spike's reference to alcoholism. Sex jokes...Well there's the scene in the opening of the cider episode. Plus, a lot of lines in the show can be seen as sex jokes when taken out of context. And I don't think there'll be much extreme violence beyond magic battles.

that scene was hardly a sex joke. It was Fluttershy being embarrassed and covering herself, as she sleeps "in the nude" (but all ponies do)

I don't think bringing mature themes into the show would add anything worthwhile to it.. Part of what makes this show so appealing to me is that it doesn't need them. There's already a packed market out there for show's dealing with mature topics, but very few like MLP that I'd consider watching. It does enough throwing in bits of adult humor from time to time as a nod to its older fans. Other then that it should just stick to its values it does best.

I wouldn't like that. We have enough those kinds of shows on TV these days. MLP is different it has kind nature but it tackles some difficult topics and that I like.

I agree with ooBrony on this one.

MLP is a great show, that has a wonderful and kind nature to it, but talks about difficult things kids/teens/maybe even adults may go through in their lives. It reflects upon peoples mistakes based on their personalities or nature, and helps tackle those problems to make things hopefully better again. In a fun, enjoyable and entertaining way, of course! ^u^

We don't need to have an episode of the show like that, or mine and probably to a lot of people's respect for the show would drop in an instant.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wouldn't mind subtly hinting a gay couple... Well, they already did it in Rainbow Rocks (Lyra and Bon Bon), but I want to see with the pony versions! :v

Also, wouldn't mind Applejack getting subtly drunk while drinking apple cider.

The key word here is subtly. Nothing that moves the focus of the episode to that stuff. That's how more mature themes should be treated.

• Brohoof 1

then I would leave the fandom and show the creators who thought this would be a great idea my favorite finger

well it depends

gay references

alcoholic references

and mild profanity in pony tone like "what the buck" I can handle in MLP

anything going too far will most likely cause G4.5 and a lot of bronies will leave for other fandoms

They'd be ponified. "What in the hay?" "Nopony gives a flying feather."  And drug addiction has been used kinda subtlety in the show "Pony Joe! Another donut!" --Spike's reference to alcoholism. Sex jokes...Well there's the scene in the opening of the cider episode. Plus, a lot of lines in the show can be seen as sex jokes when taken out of context. And I don't think there'll be much extreme violence beyond magic battles.

Some scenes can be taken in an adult way. Take how Princess Celestia opens the strong room with her horn. I always thought that was oddly out of place.

We have HotDiggedyDemon for that -- although I'm not sure you'd call those "mature" they certainly aren't lacking in swear words and extreme violence. Some of them are a little too extreme for my taste but I still can't help laughing at apple.mov :o I would hate to see that kind of vulgarity in the actual show -- and lets be honest, it'd never happen. You can tackle mature topics in a way that doesn't have to come across as "adult" or be overly violent. I'm all for 'darker' stories on the show ("Twilight's Kingdom" took it up a notch and I hope we see more like it) but I don't think they need to be graphic.

Nope. Wouldn't watch it. I enjoy mature humor n all but it just wouldn't work with my little pony.

And it'd have a chance of ending the show due to parents protesting over it.

Just use the Internet for that kinda thing. It ain't gonna happen canonically.

Edited by GhostlyReaper

Well you gotta remember that the show doesn't just cater to bronies. It has its target demographic and because of that there are some things that just aren't meant to happen :( True PLENTY of shows in the past have inserted innuendos and things kids just wouldn't understand, but in a show like MLP it seems quite out of place >_>

Besides that's why we have the fandom :lol: PONY.MOV anyone? ;)

Well first I would wonder how in the world they got that passed the censors. Then I would fail it for being unnecessarily crude. I'm not against crude humor. It's just not really good for friendship is magic. That would cause way too much controversy and backlash from angry parents. We can't even get a clumsy pony her own scene how would they get away with this?

If an episode with those themes was even suggested at the drawing board it'd be shut down and the person who suggested it could be fired. If it passed the writing stage the animators would feel very uncomfortable. If it somehow got animated and was announced to be released, angry parents would stab it 47 times and burn it. If it aired, children everywhere will learn about things most of them didn't even know existed. Then the show would be cancelled.

What if they released an episode of FIM which involved swearing, sex jokes, drug references, and extreme violence, how would you react and what do you think it would be like?

I would drive to BC and pummel every person responsible for it remind them of the magic of friendship

Honestly, I would probably love it/laugh my ass off, HOWEVER, I would also be pretty bummed because I don't actually want the show to be like this.  Mature fan-made stuff is great, but the show being the way it is is what makes it so special.  It's why being a brony is fun and exciting and why I look forward to watching the show so much.  If it was just Rick & Morty, then it would be entertaining, but it would just be more Rick & Morty, which we already have.  It wouldn't be this special unique thing that fills a void in my life and let's me express a softer side.

I heard at least that Season 5 will contain an episode dealing with the loss of a certain tree. It may not be "mature", but it would be important to teach children about dealing with loss.

• Brohoof 1

Mature?

Is it not the point point the MLP:FiM series is not mature?

Is it not the point that this series allows us to escape?

Is it not the point that this series gives us a kinder more gentle view through a window that shows us something we need and can learn from?

No! We dot need a mature version of the series.

Perhaps we have forgotten what maturity actually is, in many ways this series already REPRESENTS maturity.

Mature?

Is it not the point point the MLP:FiM series is not mature?

Is it not the point that this series allows us to escape?

Is it not the point that this series gives us a kinder more gentle view through a window that shows us something we need and can learn from?

No! We dot need a mature version of the series.

Perhaps we have forgotten what maturity actually is, in many ways this series already REPRESENTS maturity.

I mean that in the sense of "family guy is considered to be only suitable for mature audiences" that kind of mature, and again I'm not saying this should happen. 

I heard at least that Season 5 will contain an episode dealing with the loss of a certain tree. It may not be "mature", but it would be important to teach children about dealing with loss.

I think it's a pretty mature concept, it's dealing with a pretty brutal, but important life lesson on how to cope with something bad without becoming too morbid for the show's demographic. 

Ever read Fallout Equestria?