Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if a more "mature" episode was aired?

chirox the pony

Again, I think they tippy-hoof around this subject topic well enough and most of the references are subtle enough for the kiddies. So I say keep it as it is and just let the fans make all the FOE.mov jokes on their own.

Edited by Argumedies

My main issue is not the idea that it's crude, though parents would burn Hasbro to the ground if this happened. That's not why I dislike this idea

I dislike the idea because it's unnecessary. There's not really a good reason to add any of these things into FIM. It doesn't make it better, or help us understand the situation's any more. At best, it would be a cheap way to get ratings by appealing to "older" audiences. At worst, it would derail the show by just being entirely out of place. Like it or not, just inserting sex and drug jokes, throwing in excessive blood and violence... it alters a show, whether or not you intend it to. For a show like this, it's a very negative turn.

Basically, without any legitimate reason to do so, I would have to oppose this idea. "Mature" can be done right, but not like this.

No way.  I like some fan work like that, but it's one thing for fan work like hotdiggedydemon's animations to be like that, where I could just enjoy it as an alternate reality that doesn't affect the canon of the series at all.  It's something else for the actual main show to incorporate those elements.  

I wouldn't enjoy it. I like the happiness of MLP and a more mature episode will just turn it into Ren and Stimpy.

Edited by EddG

I wouldn't like that. We have enough those kinds of shows on TV these days. MLP is different it has kind nature but it tackles some difficult topics and that I like.

I agree. I like watching some family oriented shows as well as some more grown up material. Adds a nice balance and brightens up my day. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd shake my head sadly and never watch the show again.  It pisses me off when writers assume that the only way to appeal to adults is to saturate their episodes with as much sex, drug references, etc. as possible.  The reason I like MLP:FIM is because the humor is simple, the storylines are interesting, and it can appeal to people of all ages as a result.  The writers understand that you don't need sex and massive violence to pull in an adult audience.  If the writers suddenly abandoned that mindset entirely and went the same route as shows like "Brickleberry" and "Mr. Pickles", that would be the end for me.  Few things could redeem the show in my eyes if they did that.

• Brohoof 2

Its kind of an interesting idea... I mean the creators know a lot of their audience are bronies and may want to cater towards an older audience however in doing so that could destroy bronies since this show is all about kindness and harmony

I think a lot of y'all are confusing the word "mature" with "maturity" but that's a given because of the way society has sold us on the immaturity of content claiming to be mature.

This is another one of those stereotype tropes we see from animated show like Family Guy and several others mentioned where. If they made this along these lines useing cespool humor then no. I'm not for that

But there are ways that even a show like this if handled properly, could have a mature theim or problem solved or delt with.

In a round about way they already do this. The tricky part is in taking that next step in more of a direct confrontation on a mature subject and that's the part where I wouldn't mind should it go there.

It all depends on how one defines 'mature.'

I wouldn't mind the writers trying a touchy subject; as long as it was approached in a respectul and thoughtful manner. If they're wanting to do something that may cross the line however...well, I don't ever see that happening. Period.