Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Microsoft could buy out Mojang

CosmicHooves

I don't suppose they'd try to do anything major to Minecraft, but oh well. We'll see how this turns out.

• Brohoof 1

We all saw what happened with Rareware... Rest in piece Banjo Kazooie, rest in piece... My thoughts? 2 possibilities 1) Say goodbye to your precious Minecraft or 2) They pull their heads out of their asses and see that it makes a crap ton of money and not do anything with it.... Like they FORGOT to do with Banjo Kazooie...

• Brohoof 1

Well knowing MS this is going to go one of two ways (if they do aquire Mojang)

1. Minecraft goes xbone timed exclusive with the updates now costing money on the console version. Expect DLC packs (aka the updates the computer version gets for free) and everything will come to the xbone first with a 3-4 month gap between the update on the xbone and the update elsewhere.

2. They completely forget about it, and cease updates and expansions and it fades away lost to the sands of time like so many other studios they have bought. They become just another studio to force halo onto so they can 3rd party out the series in order to pump out releases every 2 years.

• Brohoof 1

*SIGH*  This is a tragedy.  Here's what we can expect: they will cease working on MC and begin production of MC2, which will be Xbox and Windows Mobile exclusive, with a required monthly subsciption and disc locked content.  But I guess if I was Notch, I wouldn't have turned down two billion dollars either.

• Brohoof 1

Minecraft on console isn't even that good. I just get killed by my friends when ever I play with them because they're a bunch of wankers.

I feel like they will just update xbox and pc first, then like a month later do play station.

• 4 weeks later...

*SIGH*  This is a tragedy.  Here's what we can expect: they will cease working on MC and begin production of MC2, which will be Xbox and Windows Mobile exclusive, with a required monthly subsciption and disc locked content.  But I guess if I was Notch, I wouldn't have turned down two billion dollars either.

i say if Microsoft dose this you can say bye bye minecraft. they should stay computer programs and stay away from pc games.

• Brohoof 1

I think ts already happened, but I'm pretty sure Minecraft will still survive under new ownership Microsoft manages the Xbox 360 Edition and its still a great game so it might even be better for you PC players to have Microsoft as the new owner....